Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 38- The Truth

Location, Department H.

Year, 1981.

Time, Unknown.

I was waitin' for the truth no matter what happens. Sometimes, it might not turn out right. What do I know is that secrets were neva been told all the time. These days, you have to understand the true meanin' behind the truth. Like if you get convicted of murder, the people in the court want to know the truth. You may think that the truth ain't pretty. But you have no choice but to stick with it.

I was walkin' along with the beautiful Hudson lady to the Department H building. I heard that her husband is used to work at the military. Even for that case, he used to be a young soldier just like Stryker. But I wonder if that's the case. You don't wanna mess with them. It ain't right for that matter. For me, I liked to see the young man's face one more time. Unfortunately, he's dead for the moment. I don't know all the answers. But I guess, I might find out soon enough.

While I was starin' at the buildin', I felt like this compound is some sorta military base. But that's not true of course. This place used to draft fine young men and women to become the best they can be. Because these people are super if ya ask me. Yea, Heather tells me that these superhumans get recruited for her husband's gain. She hasn't even told me what actually happened why I was the only one who slept for 10 years and then woke up. I think she wanted to keep it as a surprise for me. You may wonder it's isn't necessary to keep the whole thing a secret. As if the general is some big dude who likes to talk trash in front of his recruits.

The other thing is I don't know why I kept starin' at the general's woman. Her legs were soft as smooth like skin cream. I ain't sure what was wrong with me. But I do know that it ain't Mystique. Because I can smell from Heather here.

We reached the entrance of the Department H buildin'. There were two guards standin' outside the entrance. One of them looked at me as if he hadn't seen an animal before. I may not be an animal at the moment. But if someone messes up with me. I might bring out my animal side which I couldn't even control it. Maybe, Heather could help me with this berserker rage of mine. At least it would work so that I can be normal again.

The guards ignored us as we entered the buildin'. There was a front office where the lady works at her desk. Heather told her we were meant to meet her husband so that we could talk about the truth. The desk lady contacted the general and asked to see if the appointment was approved. With the use of my super hearin' skills, I can hear the general talkin' on the other line. It sounds like an old man alright. But I don't think he is or the fact he's young as Stryker. I might have to see him myself face to face.

The desk lady told that we were to come in the general's office. But Heather showed the way to the location of the office. Because, she's one fine woman who not only works at Project X. She also works at this buildin'. I guess, she liked to have secret conversations with her husband. Without a doubt that the couple would exchange smooches and kisses all over the place. I couldn't even forget the d@mn kiss that Heather gave me. I tried to forget it but the lovely kiss kept comin' back in my mind. I don't know if she's really cheatin' on me. But I would be totally surprised if she were a whore. Nah, I can't see that in her. That only happens in adult movies.

We walked up the high stairs from below the surface of the buildin'. It felt like an neverendin' journey to keep movin' on. Sometimes, you can't stop because you know that the destination is near.

There were a lot of separate floors and I was wonderin' if anyone is workin' there. There might be a lot of positions that are bein' held in this place. People liked to do some army stuff back in my days. I, for one thing would want to work here. But I was a soldier back then. Now, I'm like a guinea pig who's bein' used by these army people inludin' the eggheads.

We finally stopped in front of the general's room. Heather was knockin' at the door to see if her hubby was busy. The general said to come into his office. The beautiful Heather turned the knob around to the left and opened the door. I saw the general sittin' at his desk and there he was talkin' to some another army dude. We walked towards his front desk and see what's the holdup of this guy. Because he sure looks young to me. But the fact is that Heather neva mentioned about him once in a while.

"Welcome, You must be Logan," said the general who looks firm and strong due to his medals back in those war days. He did earn a lot of them alright. He's much like the Stryker himself but he ain't look like him. The other guy who was with him, must be some kinda assistant if ya ask me.

"I'm General James Hudson. This is my young private assistant and friend, Joe Daniels. I see you have been resting in your cold chamber since the last ten years."

"Yea, I was stuck in the cold rut. Do ya mind tellin' me how did that happen?"

"I'm sorry to hear your past aggressions, Logan. But you're safe and sound. That's what it counts. By the way, Heather....How's his checkup?"

"He seems to be fine, James. But the thing is....."

"Listen, I hate it to disturb you," I interfered. "But I really wanna know what the f*ck is goin' on here."

"You really got some nerve to talk to the general," Joe said.

"That's enough, Joe," the big general said.

"Sorry, sir."

"Your kid here sure got guts."

"He isn't a kid, Logan. He's my best friend and he helped me get through tough war times."

"Let me guess. The Gulf War."

"How do you know?"

"Let's just say I heard some pretty wild stories."

"I like you, Logan. Because you're the best there is."

"It's true. But what I would like to know is the details....sir."

The general finally got up from his seat. He opened the drawer and took out some remote control device. Heather was lookin' at me and was wishin' I hadn't bothered her medical conversation. The general used the device and clicked on one of the buttons. I could see which button he had pressed since I had some pretty good eyesight. Yea, it's one of my animal senses. I could also see in the dark as well.

When the general clicked the button, there were some images shown on the TV screen. The general said it was a live video, which was recorded the last ten years. It was kinda blurry all of a sudden. We couldn't even see it properly. But the thing is these days, video surveillance cameras can come in handy.

The video feed was still blurry but there some rackin' sounds comin' from it. It seems that it was actually people screamin' for help. I ain't sure if that's the true case. But it does sound like that. Then the live video became slightly clear. It was actually the guards who were screamin' for their lives. Not only them, the eggheads were included. But I didn't even see Stryker and his Team X group were involved.

"OH MY GOD! AHHHHHHH! MY EYES! I CAN'T SEE! MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT....STOP!"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! HELP ME! HEEEEEEEELP MEEEEEEE!"

BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!

"SHOOT IT! SHOOT IT!"

BLAM! BLAM!

"WHERE IS IT? WHERE THE F*CK IS IT?"

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"CALLING FOR BACKUP! CALLING FOR......"

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

CLICK!

When I saw those horrifyin' screams and the violent images, I wondered if those people were at the Project X facility at the time. I asked the general if he can bring those captured images hundred percent clear. But the video experts were still workin' on it. There were also copies of the recorded video.

"What the f*ck was it?" I asked and wondered to see that we're dealin' with an unknown enemy here.

"It was confirmed to be unknown, Logan," the general said. "However, we're not sure what we're actually dealing with here. Now, you know the truth."

"What? That's it? What about the other Team X members? Where the f*ck are they?"

"We don't know," the general said. "But we managed to confirm that they could be still alive. We also had a feeling that Stryker was killed by that....thing."

"What thing? What the f*ck was...."

"Logan, I suggest you should watch your mouth. Didn't you hear what James said?" the beautiful Heather said.

"I get the support, lady. But sometimes, we don't get dirty secrets out from an army man's mouth."

"You take that back," Joe said.

"Or what kid? Eh? What are you gonna do about it? You wanna play slice and dice? Because you won't like it, bub."

"That's enough, everyone," the general said. "Logan, it's the d@mn truth. You were frozen for ten years for your own safety. Because....."

"Because I'm the best there is? Is that it? It seems like I'm the only one here."

"It's not that," the general continued. "Heck, I don't even know where the other Team X members are. Maybe, they were having trouble dealing with this....unknown enemy. So they escaped."

"Is that so? I doubt they would escape when fightin' with an enemy."

"You don't understand, Logan," the general said frustratingly. "This thing isn't just some random enemy coming out of the closet. It's a d@mn thing. Something which isn't there. I think."

"You wanna know what I think...sir? I bet Psi-Borg is behind all this f*ckin' crap."

"You blame on Aldo Ferro?" the general asked.

"Yeah him. Whatever his real name is. He's a f*ckin' telepath who likes to f*ck around with our tiny little brains. You know what I mean."

"So you think that Psi-Borg has something to do with it," the general said. "It could be a possibility. But I highly doubt it would be him. There's no way he would turn back on us."

"Well, I had to deal with a traitorous b!tch back at the wild mansion. Is she the only one? I guess not. I also bet ya that Psi-Borg is workin' for HYDRA for all we know."

"It's too early to make some wild accusations, Logan," the general said with slight anger. "One way or the other, we need to investigate what the thing is."

I tried to not make a fight scene here. Because sometimes, you find yourself in tough situations like this. Even when you're in the army man's compound. I guess, I have to work with these people at Department H. Just like the general said, I really want to know what's goin' on here. I just hope that Psi-Borg is around because I like to see him slashed into pieces of dry meat.

"Ok, sir. So where do we go from here?"

"You'll be joining a new team, Logan," the general said. "The new Team X. They recently got drafted due to their extensive training. You will meet them tomorrow morning."

"The new Team X? A catchy title...isn't it?"

"Yes, you'll be joining with the new members of Team X," the general said. "I do have a list here so that you can check them for yourself."

"Wait a minute. Am I playin' the big leader here?"

"No, I'm in charge," the general said. "You just have to get to know the others. Then you will meet them."

"I was hopin' I could do this alone. Because I want to know the truth."

"You already know the truth, Logan," the general said. "Anyways, Joe here will show you to these new Team X members. I will also get the reports from your missions."

"This ain't gonna be my first mission, bub."

"It will be your first when you're with the new team," the general said. "Now you may go. Heather will show you back."

"Nice to meet ya, kid. I'll see you soon....sir."

I and Heather walked out of the general's office while the kid was just standin' there, starin' at me. Yea, I bet he hates me the way I am. I sure want to meet these new Team X recruits that the general mentioned about. Who knows they will be like the good old Team X.

While we were walkin' down the stairs, I apologized to Heather the way I talked in the general's office. She didn't say anythin' first. I'm pretty sure she got pissed off. When we came out of the buildin', she said one thing to me.

"Be careful, Logan."

"Of what?"

"You know what I'm talking about. The thing that you're about to face. I had the new recruits examined due to their psychological nature."

"I see. They must have got themselves in harsh trainin'."

"Life can be harsh sometimes. But I think you understand pretty much about it."

"Yea. Look...Heather. About back there....I'm sorry if I said anythin' wrong..."

"It's alright, Logan. Just hang in there and you'll do fine. Besides, you're one of the best there is."

Yep. The lady is right about it. But will I ever able to stick with the new things that are goin' around here? I might have to find out after I get some nappin' time.

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 39- The Draft.

Will Logan stick with the new things that are happening in 1981? Well, he's the best there is. Who are these new Team X recruits by the way? If you read about them in in the updated introduction post then you know whom I'm talkin' about. And the thing....What the f*ck is the thing? Is it Psi-Borg? Is it something else? Or is it....the powerful being? Hmmmmmm. Nah, It's too early to tell, bub. SNIKT!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Great chapter!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points