Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 20- Final Battle

We were starin' at the old man for a couple of seconds. As we tried to use our own gear, Cable took out his gun and shot a red bullet into the crazy Wade's chest. The dangerous mercenary looked in awe and knew what kind of bullet it was. I neva seen the bullet in my life. But I guess, I have to find more about it.

Wade Wilson falls down to his feet and try to say somethin' to the old man. He asked whether Cable really knew him all this time. Cable said that he knew the crazy guy who helped him in several occasions. But he hadn't made it clear what kind of situations that Cable and Wade were part of. I really want to know more information about the old guy and his wild tactics.

Wade begins to close his eyes and still lied on his knees like a dead statue. Cable reminded myself that Wade isn't actually dead but was somewhat half-dead. The red bullet was made up of carbonadium which blocks the healin' factor. It would mean that these bullets can kill us off. Well, except for John Kestrel because he neva took part in the healin' factor experiment.

Cable put his guns down and told me to do the same. He also said that the other members of the party has got hit by the same bullet except for John. But Cable decided to pull John's trail off by teleportin' somewhere. I guess, it must be one of Cable's temporal duplicates. Geez! You can't really get enough of this old guy with big guns and his other types of gear. He's a real big motherf*ckin' mercenary and a good one too.

He showed the way to his entrance because he knew I wanted answers badly. But why would he do it? It must be some kind of a trap. But Cable read my mind and said there aren't any tricks anymore. How did he read my mind? Because he's a f*ckin' mutant? I neva saw this comin' but he's another one who just popped from some kind of war-torn country. If ya ask me, this guy is full of mysteries.

I was wonderin' where Cable got that red bullet in the first place. But the old man said he stole it from the Project X facility. I had no idea how he had got there. While walkin' through another dark cave, he explained that he has done it several times. I was confused at that point. But then I realized that he was a time traveller who came from the far future. Yea, a far future indeed.

The only confusing part is that how he managed to get hold of his temporal duplicates. Cable said they were all the same includin' him. So Cable is the same as the other Cables. What a piece of $h!t. The old man claimed to went back to several points in time and saw his other selves. Because Cable already arrived in different timelines. So Cable decided to hire his all other selves and help him defeat us. I asked him what was his real plan. Cable mentioned that his whole plan was to find Dr. Abraham Erskine and kinda force him for help.

I begin to understand what Cable is talkin' about his main plan. But the one it didn't make any sense is that why Cable would save a long-lost scientist. The old man finally revealed his true goal in comin' back to this time. He was also trapped in another timeline where he had to join the other heroes in order to go back to his home timeline. But when he came back, he found out that somethin' ain't right. A deadly disease has affected his future. But he neva mentioned more information about it. I guess you could say it was a top-secret which came right out of a military man's mouth.

We finally reached to a place where I noticed some equipment and other science stuff. It was an actual secret laboratory where Dr. Abraham Erskine was workin' on the cure for the deadly disease. He also showed himself right after we arrived in an instant. It's the first time, I have seen the young scientist in years. It was my chance to kill him right then. But I needed more answers about this wild situation which Cable and the scientist were takin' part of. These two guys worked well under our radar. Yea, thanks to Cable's help. He sure did came in the right place at the right time. Because I just saw myself earlier that I actually killed Abraham in the past. Now, I understand why Cable mentioned he did his wild mission several times. Every failure counts to another chance of victory. That's an old sayin' from someone I knew a long time back. But I couldn't remember who that person was. Anyways, I asked the scientist some questions about the cure. He was calm alright. He was wearin' glasses just like all the other eggheads back at Project X. He had a slight old hair, which he claimed it grew due to a formula. The formula was actually called the Infinity formula. The young scientist used it to make himself younger so that he could continue workin' at Project Rebirth. Besides, he was the creator of the original Super-Solider serum that created Captain America.

Dr. Erksine began to speak as he was holdin' his white coat. He looked smart as any other scientists on Earth. He explained that the cure is only used for the disease. Since Cable came back in time to retreive it, he knew he had to look for the only one person who can help save his dark future. The young scientist also saw his forecomin' death as I also saw it in Cable's small TV screen object. Cable showed the TV screen object to me and I saw it again. I killed Abraham brutally to death when Cable wasn't there. This screen also made myself realized that the killin' took place in the first and original timeline. But it didn't make any sense why Abraham would suddenly move from America to Mexico. Because the scientist had worked at Project Rebirth two years ago. Cable said he found a time record detailin' the disappearance of Dr. Abraham Erskine. Someone had send a message sayin' that Abraham would be in danger. So the young scientist had to escape before it happens. That someone was...

"It was me, Logan. I send a message back in time and warn Abraham about the danger," said the old man who was the best mercenary that you couldn't even hire. Well, he was already hired in another timeline.

"How the h*ll did ya do that?" I asked again and pretendin' this conversation to be short. Cable said he managed to send the message on an advanced computer. I guess, he got help from some kinda machine.

Abraham started to cough and began to feel dizzy all of a sudden. He said that the Infinity formula is affectin' his entire body cells. It must be the side-effects just like the healin' factor. But the scientist said he knew it was death comin' for him. So he asked me to kill him. I was confused of what he said at that very moment. My goal was to kill Dr. Erskine and steal the formula. Instead, he wanted me to slash him off. Abraham said he wanted this a long time ago. Because he knew the Infinity formula wouldn't work properly. So he had to follow Cable's rules in order to get out and work on the cure. If Stryker had used the formula, who knows the same thing will happen to Dr. Erskine.

Cable was fine killin' the scientist. Because it was his plan to find Dr. Erskine in the first place. The scientist told the old man that he had enough livin' his young age and being forced to work for secret government programs such as Project Rebirth.

"Cable, the cure has been finished. You can take it now," said the dyin' scientist. Cable looked upon the scientist and saw the heroism on his face. Cable did everythin' he could to find Abraham in time. Even though he tried it countless times. He finally got his big f*ckin' mission done. He also thanked Abraham for goin' to great lengths in helpin' him. A good motherf*ckin' job well done.

Cable walked out to the cave just as like he was neva present in the first time. I took out my adamantium claws and looked through the egghead's eyes. He wasn't scared of me. Because he wanted this badly as before. As I raised my adamantium claws, I began to say final words to him.

"Rest in peace, Dr. Abraham Erskine," I said it politely. Abraham closed his eyes and was waitin' for his final moments of death. I still looked upon him and think that he was a great scientist who created the greatest hero on Earth. I slashed his front body once and the scientist fell to the floor like a dead bird. After several minutes later, I walked out from the cave where Cable was kinda waitin' for me. Then Cable took out a bomb and threw it inside the cave. The cave exploded like h*ll. I guess, the old man neva wanted evidence left behind or found by anyone.

I took out my adamantium claws and began to strike against Cable for the final time. But Cable said the final confrontation has been done between us. I was still confused until he showed me another TV screen. We fought in another timeline and Cable was killed. He said it was one of his temporal duplicates being sent to save Abraham for the first time. Because he wanted to see all the action which could have been done by any military strategists. Cable is one helluva strategist if ya ask me.

"You're full of surprises, old man. But I really wanted to finish you off."

"I know. But you need to understand that this is all part of my plan. I watched your every move, Logan."

"Yea, so much for a mercenary and a telepath like you. A piece of $h!t. You f*ckin' used me. Not only me, but you used everyone includin' my teammates. You know that?"

"Like I said, it was all planned from the beginning. It wasn't easy. When you killed my temporal duplicate, you knew the secret identity of who I was and where I came from."

"What? But your temporal duplicate's body didn't disappear soon in that timeline. The one I killed him."

"Temporal duplicates only disappear a couple of hours or minutes later, Logan. I don't know what happened. There must be a glitch in the timestream. Anyways, I'm going back home. But first, I need to take the cure to some other point in time."

"Tell me one thing, old man. If you're the big hero here, why can't ya stop us from doin' the dirty work in this timeline?"

"I'm not the one who will stop Project X."

"What the h*ll are ya talkin' about? Someone will stop it?"

"Yes, Logan. You will soon know in time. You have to watch out for it. Because that time will come. I wouldn't want to cause any more damages to this timeline."

"I see. But you know the person who stopped Project X. Isn't it?"

"Yeah. But I won't tell you. You will find out soon enough. Goodbye, Logan."

"Two more questions. What's your real name and what's with the f*ckin' X on your front lower belt?"

"In time, Logan. In time...."

I was standin' there and saw a big white light emanatin' around Cable's body. I ain't sure about the light though. But somethin' tells me that it's some kind of time travel gear. The white light disappeared along with the old man. I wonder who that person will stop Project X. But I might find out for sure. I had to help Wade who's still posin' like a half-dead statue. I also had to find the others who got hit by the red bullet. They must be in pain with that kind of thing. I ain't sure about John though. He might be comin' back soon until he finds out about Cable's old tricks. The good thing is that I have killed the scientist but I'm not sure if Stryker will hear my wild story here. He may not be happy about not usin' the Infinity formula. But he will be surprised that I have killed one of the best scientists in history. I have to make up my own story in order to cover my back. Because you ain't wanna make one of your bosses angry. Yea, tell me about it.

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 21- The Appointment.

Wait! Wait! Wait! What? Someone will destroy Project X? But who? I think you know. Anyways, what's up with the next title? The Appointment? Who's having an appointment here? You will find out in the next chapter of Wolverine. Because a new egghead will be joining Project X. New scientist? WTF? There's enough scientists already working at Project X. Even though some of those eggheads were killed by Logan. What more do you want? It ain't just a scientist, bub. It's a geneticist. SNIKT!

Avatar image for nomadicxnightmare
nomadicxnightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By nomadicxnightmare

Nicely done!

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts