Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

SOME OF THE LOGOS, CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE THE PROPERTY OF MARVEL, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Rated M for Mature

Appropriate for readers 18 and over. May contain extreme violence, sexual themes, nudity, or profanity.

No Caption Provided

Note- The flashback story continues from Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 43- The Beast.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/project-x-the-birth-of-wolverine-chapter-43-the-beast/631079/#1

Project X: The Birth of Wolverine, Chapter 100- Romulus

It all started with a big bang. A big bang theory, I would definitely say it. But this ain't like the universe that just sprang out of darkness. The moment of truth came to me because I was there. I was at the centre of someone’s attention. Romulus, the legendary geneticist and beast or what the other scientists have claimed it to be. He turned out to be the true founder of Project X, which I neva knew and see it comin’. I was a kid back then, the childhood life, which I adore so much that I would give anythin’ in the world to have it back. But now, that kinda life was over. I was taken by Romulus after he saved me from a bunch of crooks who wanted me dead. Yea….the hidden healin’ factor which was given to me by Romulus or it’s not entirely true. He did say that I had the healin’ factor all this time except the fact that my primary mutant power neva got activated yet. Only until….he gave his formula.

The Project X facility was quite big if ya ask me. It was just too big that not even single ordinary person would find out the real truth behind it. Project X had so many secrets in the past. The secrets that could change our world as we know it. Romulus knows it because he found a way to start up doin’ things in the first place. Like how he managed to develop his own experimental facilities when hirin’ the best brains on the planet. But Project X wasn't just meant to experiment on super-humans and mutants. They had also other projects or experiments to deal with, which doesn't necessarily have to do anythin’ with the gene pool. Romulus showed me the entire complex of Project X. The facility had so many staff members, physicists, teachers, military advisers, engineers and such. It’s just a surprise that Romulus would have somethin’ up his sleeve. He was quite fascinated the things that goes around here. He pointed out the truth behind the sole reason why Project X had to exist.

“Logan….I want to show you everything what there is to know about Project X.”

I wasn't sure at that point whether I would find it interestin’ to see what’s happenin’ in Project X. Romulus opened the double doors with his key card and flipped it through the main panel right in front of us. The double doors slid open just in case if there were any intruders gettin' inside the facility and learnin’ its secrets. Romulus and I walked through the laboratory room. He showed me several test tubes, which contained fetal embryos bathed in some bluish white liquid. Romulus paid attention to one embryo, which he would considered it as special. I asked Romulus what was so special about the embryo, which sets itself apart from the other ones.

“This one is called Subject Fantomex,” Romulus said patiently.

“Subject Fantomex?” I asked with confusion.

“Yes. Fantomex is an artificial mutant, a new lifeform which has been created through the seeds of life. The seed of the last and dead Celestial.”

“What is….a Celestial?”

Romulus gave a quick glance at me, wonderin’ if this was the right time to know more information, regardin’ the true facts of Project X. He still didn't answer me, yet he went forward to the other room, while I followed him. The light was bright and Romulus told some engineer to open a giant door. It took a while to open the door, slowly bit by bit until it finally stopped. We went into the bright light, seein’ the impossible which I had neva seen it before. We saw what it turned out to be some kinda giant spaceship. But then Romulus explained that it wasn't just an alien ship. But a Celestial ship, which crash-landed on Earth millennia ago, the time when the legendary gods have created man and superman. However, there was only one Celestial left to arrive on Earth. He planted the seeds of life so that different kinds of species can be born, such as mutants, Eternals, Deviants, and others. It seemed like a wild story to me. But it was actually the truth. This crashed ship which the Celestial drove on, had died due to unknown circumstances. Romulus also mentioned how the seeds of life had a side effect on mutants, because it had a single flaw in the gene pool of mutancy, which the mutant powers were not activated durin’ puberty. The Celestial must have not done a lot of work. But the god did what he had to do. Who knows how many Celestials were there. The history indicates that there was only one Celestial and the first who came to Earth. If this Celestial didn't arrive on Earth, then the different sets of species wouldn't be born.

There was another thing about me, regardin’ the true nature of an animal. The famous geneticist said to me that there was a beast livin’ inside of me, yet I don’t know how to control it. He looked upwards at the Celestial ship, wonderin’ if the Celestial did come to Earth for a higher purpose. I said to him that I wasn't some kinda animal, but a normal kid. Romulus laughed that I was wrong, sayin’ it. It’s just that you have to accept the fact that you always been as before.

We moved away from the Celestial ship and turned towards the other door. The door opened automatically and a shiny object just came right through our eyes like the bright light from the previous room. This object was actually the M’Kraan Crystal which got found recently beneath the Celestial ship. The scientists have managed to extract the object unto their hands and experiment on it, figurin’ out what the object could do. It took years and years of research until they found out that the M’Kraan Crystal provides an access to parallel universes. The confused look came upon my face, as I kept starin’ at the shiny, pink object. Romulus also looked at it, from time to time again, thinkin’ that there is a way to enter the unknown. Romulus then said some complicated things about the object.

“This object can give us a key, a clue to whatever we don’t have. But there wasn't enough information on how to access these different universes.”

“Why though? I mean….what’s the point of all this?”

“The point is that we needed to make sure what makes this reality different from others. If we gather some information from other realities, we would definitely use that information in order to make huge impact in ours.”

“I see.”

“Take it for an example that your parallel self was the same as you but with different characteristics, personality, thoughts, and other types. You might be the same as them, Logan. But there are different lines to it. You see, Logan. There are things we cannot comprehend or imagine what it would be like to learn from these new things from different realities. It’s all part of….Genesis.”

“So….what does it all have to do with me?”

“Everything….You have a beast inside of you, the beast which you can’t control yourself any longer. The time will come for you, Logan. Someday, you will witness the birth of….Wolverine.”

I didn't quite understood what he was sayin’ to me. But I had an idea of what the outcome was. All the stuff that’s happenin’ around here, had to do somethin’ with some changes in this world. If it were true, then my other selves would have been born with the healin’ factor unlike me. Romulus continued movin’ forward step by step and stopped behind the final door, which I think it would be.

“What's behind this door?" I asked to the legendary Romulus.

Romulus became quiet and raised his hairy hand slowly, touchin’ the button on the panel. The door opened but this time, it wasn't the big one. We stared into the open space. I couldn't imagine what I was like to see all of this, even though this was the time before I got transformed into some motherf*ckin’ freak of nature.

“Logan.” Romulus said slowly. “Welcome to….The World.”

To be continued in Project X: The Birth of Wolverine- Epilogue (Series Finale).

WTF? Subject Fantomex? M’Kraan Crystal? Parallel Universes? Celestials? The World? What does Romulus meant by that? Holy $h!t! There are so many things being involved in Project X. Is this what Romulus had in mind ever since he started Project X? Well, time will only tell. But for now, the series is about to get closed because Logan is going to ask someone to help him find….You guessed it right, bubs. It’s Romulus. SNIKT!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

F***ING AMAZING! CANNNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Impersonator

@primepower53 said:

F***ING AMAZING! CANNNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!

Thanks! :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

You're welcome. It's just a shame the series has to come to a close. On the bright side, I get to pick up where you left off! =P=P=P=P=P=P=P

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

@primepower53 said:

You're welcome. It's just a shame the series has to come to a close. On the bright side, I get to pick up where you left off! =P=P=P=P=P=P=P

I know what ya mean, pal. =P

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@The Impersonator: I'm totally going to reference that in The Celestial Wars :P
The Impersonator