Project: Starborn . 7

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By Dark King
Footsteps can be heard ppl shouting in the distance, military jeep engines sounds fast approaching, eyelids slowly open able to barely make out the blurry   blobs as it approaches before closing.

Army Pfc:
we found two bodies, here!

Army Sgt: what the hell happen here? 

Army Pfc: these two are breathing!
I need a Medic here!

Military Men and doctors run toward the army soldier who is standing over the two charred bodies carrying small 1st aid box.

Medic: its a miracle they're both breathing! 
Not much i can do, severe 3rd degree burns over 90% of their bodies.
All i can do is make them comfortable, dull the pain, 30 mg of Morphine.
 I need wet towels, sheets to move these two!

Army Sgt: we have no other survivor! 
Pack up, begin collecting all debris and bodies!

in the distance a Humvee is driven from the desert toward the detonation area, the passenger  a middle aged man with four stars on his collar with aviator shades. The Humvee stops as he steps out surveying the damage looking over to see the two charred bodies being hoisted into stretches, the General walks toward them.

General:
halt! i want to see these two.

Soldiers: yes, Sir!

The General stares at them with a deep seeded suspicious anger, he looks at their injuries before ordering them to be taken away for aid. The General lights a cigarette as he looks around the desert floor  which had  turn to glass as  hot winds blows across his face.

General: i want anwers!
those two dont die!
Sgt!

Army Sgt: yes, Sir?!

General:
I want a list of all those involved military and civilians.
Not all of them were here when it happen. 
go to their homes and round them up.

Army Sgt: yes, sir!

General: if we have a spies and this was Sabotage, i want to know how and who!

The General watches his military personal scatter across the blast area unaware of the danger he and his men are being exposed to not realizing the hot air  that blows across him and his men is radioactive and will one day kill them painfully and slowly. 

General
: Hurry up! we got only a small window to get this placed cleaned and packed up!

Already the General is thinking of a cover story for this mishap to tell the American public, it was just another atomic test area............

8  hours later in a covert medical facility lies the two G.E.N.E. Grunts in their medical beds hooked up to Plasma, whole blood and  I.V.  bags. The General smoking stares at them through the smoke while a group of doctors hover and busily check vitals and perform small test on them.

General: when will they wake up?

Doctor # 1: cant say for sure, General.
This the 1st time we seen anything like this.
By all rights they should be dead, the pain must be unbearable even with all the morphine we have pumped into them.
Yet, they are none responsive, could be brain death due to shock or some type of hibernation.

Doctor # 2:
we checked their blood samples, Sir.
those small machines you told us to look for, well they're there but many of them appear dormant only a few seem to be moving around.

General : those "machines" are the only thing keeping those two alive.

Doctor # 1:
look, Sir. i know its a matter of national secuirty but we need to know more if you want us to help them. 

General : all you need to know is keep them alive and told ask questions or looking for answers.
do you understand me?

Doctor # 1: yes, General.

General:
you all know what happen to the curious cat, dont you?

Doctors: Yes, sir. 
Yes, General...

General : let me know whet they wake up and are able to talk.
 i still want my answers...(* still need to know what happen to the craft*).
(*god help us if some one took the craft*)

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Dark King
3 days later.

Lycan and Sgt Major are fully awake and chained down to steel chairs each bolted into concrete. Each G.E.N.E. Grunt given high doses of morphine and other various drugs to keep them from resisting the questioning or breaking lose, each separated into different rooms across the hall as they are questioned by their interrogators. Lycan raises his head and glares at the interrogator as he repeats his questions unknown to the people behind the mirror and the interrogator that his heighten hearing allows him to hear his fellow G.E.N.E. Grunt across the hall. His alien implant fully functioning picks up the muffled sound as it analyzes and clears it up for him to hear clearly. 

The interrogator circles Sgt Major as he asked his  questions hoping for an answer, Sgt Major unwilling to contradict what Lycan might say simply stares unwilling to compromise Lycan. Inside Sgt Major's head his implant begins to spark as it begins to alter itself on a microscopic level as if responding to Sgt Major's need for communication to his companion G.E,N.E. Grunt. Sgt Major suddenly starts to hear static inside his mind a small humming as he looks up and realizes what has happen. Lycan begins to hear the same electronic hum inside his mind as he looks at his interrogator, both G.E.N.E. soldier begin to speak at the same time as if able to read one another's mind supporting one another's story near matching each filling in gaps to the other's story.

Lycan:
We arrived had our physical order to remain in the lab.
test subjects lined the wall and test subject: King  in the backroom.
Doctors worked we observed.

Sgt Major:
Doctors left base returning to their homes after 2000 hours.
Small night shift group remained. 
stood in place for 0200 hours stepped toward the hanger to observe. 
Sentry smoking while another paced back and fourth guarding the unknown craft.

Lycan: unknown phenomena occurred at 0354 hours.
Civilian and Military personal scattered to locate source.

Sgt Major:
we observed, phenomena caused pain loss of physical control.
Craft emitting high energy, Tesla Tower activated by unknowns.

Lycan:
Self Preservation initiated G.E.N.E. Grunts must Survivor.
ripped Hanger wall from laboratory to escape. 

Sgt Major: We ran to save distance unable to escape detonation blast  zone.

Lycan: Assumption, unknown detonation caused regeneration failure.

Sgt Major: assumption, unknown craft destroyed in the detonation.

Lycan: possible sabotage by unknowns.

The General and his people listening to the reports are unsure whether to believe them or not as they stare through the glass opposite from one another.

Civilian Contractor # 1 : 
well, General?

General:
i dont know it sounds too rehearsed.
why did it take them so long to respond. 
their story seems to mesh perfectly.

Civilian Contractor # 2: We've been observing them since they were brought in  unable to communicate with each other.
unless getting blown up was part of the plan. i believe them. 

Civilian Contractor # 1: We new something like this could happen when he took the craft and it's occupants.
It could be simple sabotage or it could be the unknowns making sure their technology didnt fall into the wrong hands.

General: hmm.. it's possible. 
their personality just doesnt sit well with me.
i guess their initial known response could be the trauma and the drugs we pumped them full of.
what do you think Doctor.

Doctor: It's very possible, General. 
From my observation it appeared they were struggling to remain lucid through the drug cocktail we injected them with as the reason they were slow to respond.

General: Head Shrink, your view?

Psychologist: hard to say, General.
Both men have undergone severe trauma in the last few months.
The fact that they are even responsive is a miracle to me.
i dont believe they have the ability to lie or have caused the explosion they appear to lack any real sense of self.
their initial despondent response seems to be a reflection of no self not subterfuge.
Freud would have a headache trying to psychoanalyze these two.
My opinion, they're telling the truth.
 They simply retold the moment as they view it, no emotions but parroting out the information in a concise manner.
If it appears rehearsed it is do to their inability to replicate or feel emotions.

General:
very well, get them out of there.
We still have the U.B.E.( unknown Biological Entity).
that will have to do.
how long before we can get the project up and running?

Doctor:
General, it will take decades before we can even begin to scratch the surface of the unknown technology.
we were using the craft and it's equipment to replicate the machines and create the genetic mapping sequence.
It was doing all the work we simply punched in what we wanted. 

General: that is unacceptable!
I want all the scientist involved brought back, files, records everything we have.
we need to rebuild it all. 

Doctor:
we have to employ civilian companies and direct them toward the technology needed.
powerful microscopes, pharmaceutical, biological technology. it will take decades to have them rebuild the technology while making sure to only giving  them enough information to get them started.

General:
we can start by giving them minor breakthroughs. 
selectively filtering the knowledge. 

Civilian Contractor # 1: We'll have to get government funding the money will be astronomical.
We will also need to make sure questions are minimal..  

General:
well, we can start by silencing anyone who might start talking later.
once we get what we need out of them.
you boys got enough money to start buying elections and placing your people in office, cause that's what we'll need if we want to keep it quiet and put a face to one giving the orders.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/project-starborn-8/600380/#2