Prelude to the Trials of Shadow Gal

shadowgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By shadowgal

"Gather around a people! Yesterday we scored a big victory getting the Detonator off the streets. But today is a new day I have my heart set on getting the film freak off the streets."

She turns to Ramirez "What do you have for me?" "We found movie props in an expired storage unit. The finger prints on the Tiara and metal sword are a match." "Then lets wake him up." The cops proceeds to gear up and leave the pit.

Then I shuffle in. Tara looks at me like I'm something unpleasant. She smiles for a moment condescendingly. "How is your case with the Purple Urinator going?" "Better than the case against you for pleading down the Mexican cartel to get a kick-back"

Tara doesn't skip a beat. "Oh Susan, why must you say such things to get attention? You clearly don't get the attention you need in other areas of your life." Since she is a good six inches taller than me, so I'd look pathetic if I tried to smack her.

"Everything alright here ladies?" James Gordon's face appears. Tara's tone instantly softens to honey. "Ofcourse Jim! I was just giving your team a pep-talk!" Tara picks up her organizer and smiles at him. Jim returns it. "Have a good day in the salt mines counsilor." "Will do, Commisioner" Tara walks towards the exit and Gordon watches her.

I feel sympathy for him. I have seen photos of his late wife. They could be twins except Tara is a little taller her muscles are toned from working out rather than chasing bad guys.

"What are you doing here?"

I almost look at the floor. "I am here to schedule depositions with detectives Taft and Barron for the a string muggings of Rucka Park"

"Can't you see that my detectives have other things to deal with? We have seven murders in the last three days! I'll leave a message for them. Next time use that e-mail thing when you want to bother my people!"

I keep my tone steady. "With all do respect sir, most people ignore their e-mail accounts." "Then that is your problem then." Gordon turns and goes back into his office.

I walk away trying not to look a student who just got her ears boxed. I feel I should mention why Gordon hates me. My first case was with Internal Affairs. It resulted in Bullock being being throw out again for keeping a suspect in his trunk for two days. Unfortunately his partner, a rookie who had some grit was also forced out because he knew about it and said nothing. Bullock was then extradited to Haiti for killing an ambassador/kiddy pimp and no one has heard from him since then. I had nothing to do with the extradition but I know Gordon still blames me.

I walk out of the building and notice it is a particularly bright day. The smog seems doesn't seem as prevalent. I head to subway when I hear someone screaming. People are walking around the source. I see a glimpse of the person. It is a woman who like like a bag lady wearing big sunglasses over her eyes. She is kneeling down clutching her chest. No one seems to notice her and I wonder why.

Usually I am not the kind of person who likes to get involved. I see a mugger with a purse, I walk in the other direction without shame. My fights are in the court room and I like to keep it that way. But I recognized the sound of her voice and I felt drawn to her. I touch her arm. "Ma'am can I help you?" She suddenly grips my wrist. "Take the light and vanish into the shadows." I feel something like an electric shock go through me. The woman dissolves into a cloud of dust. I look at my wrist and see a silver marking. Sometimes I wonder if I shouldn't have bothered helping her because it just made my life more complicated.