Percy Pendragon #3

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AdmiralLogic

Percy went back to his job as a magician as usual. It wasn't any kind of fancy theater. Just a worn down one. Nevertheless, the onlookers kept increasing as he proved his mastery of tricks. Or what they thought were tricks. Today he was going to try a new one. One that Yin had recently tought him.

"I need a volunteer for this." Percy said to the crowd, well it was still small but it was a crowd, "Don't worry. I won't be sawing you in half." He added jokingly. Sort of anyway.

Someone seemed unhappy about that part as he heard a groan. A few hands went up. There was a six foot seventeen year old in the front row with brown hair and blue eyes of wonder.

"Come up here," He said gesturing to him. As the boy came up studying Percy's every move Percy realized he was one of those kids who likes to figure it out every time, "Now get behind this curtain. Whatever you do don't move." He wasn't sure if it would work if he did, "Ah but first. What is your name?"

"Jeremy...I'm not sure if I should tell you my last name." He answered politely.

"Well, Jeremy I'm not sure if I should tell you my last name," Percy began joking, "I hope you like magic. Cause this is a good one. Now behind the curtain." He showed that there was no trap door and that the curtain was simple and could be rolled around.

Jeremy got behind and Percy held his hand on the metal frame holding up the curtain. He flipped on a switch shining some lights on the red silk and said something inaudible just for show. With a dramatic sweep he threw away the curtain and everyone gasped. The boy was gone. Not a sound had been made.

Calling out and around Percy said, "Jeremy, would you please tell the audience what you can see from your position?"

Jeremy's voice was clear and all around the room, "I can see everyone. And the stage."

Jeremy was looking around confused at the reaction. He didn't know that Percy had bent the light around him to make it appear as though he wasn't there.

"Excellent," Percy said shaking the fram to prove it wasn't an image, "Now just hold still for a moment and..." Percy closed and opened the curtain as quickly as he could and stopped bending the light, "Everyone sees you again!"

The crowd cheered although some thought it was somewhat boring others were completely confounded as to how he did it. All except one.

Percy finished his show with a dramatic bow suddenly bursting in a flash and disappearing. He met them outside walking among them. A man in a hoodie pulled him aside asking him to come beside an alley. As he turned into it the man turned around revealing a grinning scarecrow face. Percy took an instinctual step back readying his stance but the man held his hands up.

"It's alright," He said deeply, "I know what you did. You see I'm just like you, I'm a Pendragon. The name's Jack."

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

@admirallogic: Is this supposed to be #3, or is it replacing the original #2?

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@ficopedia: Oops! This was supposed to be number three. I'm gonna fix that now.