Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hawk

Sunday

The air was hot and dry. His lips were chapped by the constant beating of the sun and the sand but he was used to it. His bronze skin and dark wool like hair radiated in the sun. It had been a long three years. His travels had taken him many miles, but alway he stayed close to his home shores. His students and friends went with him and became as close as brothers to him. On this day they would enter the city.

As they arrived he found a young man standing outside the gate with a donkey in hand. The boys smile and earnest charm quickly caught the eye of the teacher. He quickly walked over to the boy and patted him on the head as he took the donkey that was offered. It was a humble creature, not fit for a king but just right for a teacher. As he rode into the city, there was a gathering to greet him. As he rode in more and more people began to arrive. Holding giant leaves they honored him like a returning king.

The crowd followed him into the center of town were there was a group of other teachers waiting for him. As he sat down the crowd began to quiet straining to hear his every word. For hours they all sat hanging on his every word. By the second hour the other teachers began to question him. They had a plan, to trap him in a corner and crush his reputation afterwards. But try as they might his words and logic was more than they could stand. Verbally he spat in their faces, while lifting up those who were uneducated and children. He could see the rage building in the other teachers as he spoke.

After several hours, the day began to wear on him and he headed to rest. Tomorrow would bring more people and more teaching. As he lay down to bed he talked to his father. "Daddy, I know my time is short. I know the day is coming.....but I'm scared. I feel I'm still just a little boy here, I'm just a man.....I know I'm your son. I know I have rights to the throne but still I'm scared. If there is any other way......take this burden from me."

He fell asleep with words still on his lips.