Paradise Lost - Chapter 2 - Rated FR7

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By InnerVenom123
  (CHAPTER 1 CAN BE READ BY CLICKING THESE WORDS)

Eryn stood up slowly, watching the being closely.  Curiosity got the better of her, and she began to follow it, leaving the park to go deeper into the city.  She dodged past all of the humans around her and headed into a dark alley, watching the being.

Now that she was closer to it, she saw white eyes on it, and a white symbol on its chest, which looked like a spider.  The creature almost looked like Darkness.

She wanted to follow the being, she wanted to find out who it was and what it meant, and she had no idea why.  She was in desperate need of a friend, and she thought this being could be that.

The human body she wore began to shudder, and as her desire to follow the being in the air grew, the body began to change.

She watched as her hands grew larger, black scales growing on them, and ivory claws ripping out of the ends of the fingers.  Wings grew out of her back, and a tail grew as well.  Her entire form changed from that of a human back to her old dresmeyr form.  Her eyes widened at this, and she was overcome with joy.  She didn't like being human at all.

She looked up at the being again, and jumped up, stretching her wings widely and beginning to gain altitude.  She was relieved that she hadn't forgotten how to fly.

A few blocks ahead, the being was swinging on a silver strand of what appeared to be thread.  It took a left turn, and was down another street within seconds.  Eryn soared after, and turned down that way.  She saw the thing leap onto the structure of a building, and then leap inside through a window.

She landed on the side of the building, gripping the wall with her strong claws, and she peered inside with her blood-red eyes.  She crawled in through the window quickly, landing on the floor, making a soft thump.

The room was dark, but large.  The window did allow some light to come in, but not much.  The walls seemed to be peeling.  There were strange contraptions that appeared to have great weight to them spread out all over the floor.  There were pieces of paper, with pictures and words.  A new language that Eryn had never learned, and yet, she could fully understand just by looking.  Another "gift" from Darkness, most likely.

The black being turned around in the middle of the room, and snarled at her.  "Wh- what are YOU and what are you DOING in OUR HOUSE?!"

Slinking back a little, she stared at the being with wide eyes.  Its voice was... strange, to say the least.  To her, it sounded like two different voices talking at once.  One human, the other... alien.  She noticed that it said "our house," and not, "my house."

Twitching her tail around nervously, she tried to find her voice.  "I-I..."  She couldn't find any words to say; the being terrified her.

"Why did you follow us?! Are you-- did the SPIDER make you follow us!?"  The monster stepped forward, a greenish drool seeping from its lips.

Eryn took another step back, cringing in fear.  "N-no, I.. I was scared and... and you looked like something from my world..."

The monster stopped, and tilted its head.  "Your world...?"

She trembled a little more, looking up at it.  "I... I'm not from here.  I came from another world and... I don't know where I am now."  Her voice trembled a little.  She felt herself change suddenly.  Her body changed back to the human form she had held before, and she felt even more frightened now.

"So under all that you're a child... and your eyes don't lie."  The monster's demeanor changed, from terrifying, to friendly. It walked toward Eryn slowly, not trying to scare her anymore.  "Hi. We're Venom. You must be cold, from all the rain, right?"

She nodded slowly, still a little scared, but less so since it was being friendly to her now.

"Come on, the window's letting in that rainy cold air.  Sit, we'll shut it."

Eryn walked toward the back of the room, and found a futon mattress, not much, but enough.  Venom shut the window, and turned toward her as she sat on the futon at the back of the wide room.  "We don't usually take in refugees... but your story sounds interesting."

Shivering a little from the cold, she looked up at him, expecting him to ask her what happened.  She tried to gather herself so she could tell him.  She began to rub the scars on her left arm nervously.

"Those scars..."  The inhuman eyes on Venom's face narrowed, and then, the blackness of his face peeled back, slithering into a human face's eyes, nose, and mouth, with a disturbing sound that resembled a slurp.  "Who cut you? You can tell us. We'll help you..."

Venom stood there, his human face looking down at Eryn, filled with concern.  Through what little light was in the room, Eryn could tell he was concerned, anyway.

She stared up at him, mystified by the black substance on him, though he was indeed human.  She finally got up the courage to speak, to tell him... everything.  "..My uncle, he did this to me.  He did this to me for five years.  And... and my family was murdered, all of them.  My mom, dad, brothers and sisters... all of them."  Her voice began to tremble, and she stopped, looking down.

Tears started to drip down her face.  She was still shaking, but then, something unexpected happened.  Venom walked toward her, lowered himself to her level, and hugged her tightly.  "Shhh. It's okay now. Shh."

She looked up at him.  She hadn't expected this sudden kindness, but she was glad for it.  She hadn't experienced kindness in over five years, only pain and suffering.  She sniffed back a few tears, feeling a little better.

Venom sat down next to her on the bed, and the blackness changed its shape, forming clothing.  "What's your name?"

"Eryn," she said, trying to calm herself down, still trembling, though her muscles began to relax.

"Well Eryn, my name is Eddie. I'm going to help you in any way I can.  Okay?"

She nodded a little.  "Okay, Eddie.  Thank you."

"You look tired!  Take a rest, I was just about to make a food run anyway."  Eddie stood up from the bedside and looked toward the window.

Eryn stifled a sigh, lying back farther on the mattress, trying to make herself comfortable on it.

"Oh, and I'll be sure to buy a lamp, and some more... comfortable blankets.  'Scuse us..."  The darkness slithered out over him, and his body bulked up slightly.  Venom grabbed the window and shoved it open.  He shoved his hand out, and turned his head toward Eryn.  "Any thing else we're forgetting?"

Eryn shook her head slowly, watching him.

Venom then leaped out of the window, and Eryn could see him slinging away on a silver strand of webbing.

She looked around the poorly lit room, the newspaper clippings were what caught her attention most.  They were written over, as if Eddie was correcting them.

She picked one up in her hand, looking over it carefully, intrigued by it.

"HOAX REPORTER FIRED FOR FALSE IDENTITY REVEAL"  That's what was slapped onto the cover.  But there was marking, with a thick black ink, that crossed out the words "HOAX", "IDENTITY" and "REVEAL".  A new word was written in, and the end result was: "REPORTER FIRED FOR FALSE REASONS"

Something about the way it was written, something about the room in general, something about it disturbed Eryn.  It reminded her of Damen, and Darkness, in a way.

That's when Eryn sighed, dropped the clipping, and passed out on the mattress, drifting into a deep sleep.

She was dreaming. Staring into a black void, but in this black void, a red eye glared toward her.

She woke up, and the room was different.  There were lamps hung from the ceiling, making the lighting of the room far less intimidating.

Eddie was standing in front of the window, looking out at the artificially lit human structures.  Eryn didn't even know the name of this place.

She sat up, rubbing sleep from her eyes, feeling somewhat better; she hadn't had a good sleep for years, now she was relieved to wake up and not see Damen come to slice her up some more.

"So, have a good sleep?"  Eddie didn't turn from the window, as if he was preoccupied.

"Uh... yeah, I guess."  The dream she had frightened her, but otherwise it was the best sleep she'd ever had.

"Good."  The blackness slithered out and covered Eddie, and Venom slowly opened the window.  "We can see him, right outside.  We might be gone for quite a while... feel free to leave this place.  Good luck."  Venom dove down out of the window.  Eryn heard a roar, and went to the window.

Venom was in the air, tackling down someone ELSE who was in the air just like him!  Someone in a red and blue outfit was fighting back, and the two slammed into the wall of a building.

She found this quite bizarre, and she wondered who the other person Venom was fighting was.  She stepped away from the window, shaking her head a little.  This world was confusing to her.

Hours passed, and Venom did not return.  The fight had lasted so long, both Venom and his target were out of view from the window.  Eryn decided to leave the apartment, and return to the place she had landed in this world.

She managed to find her way back to the park.  She saw a sign that read "Welcome to Central Park"  She walked around for a few minutes, the fresh air blowing through her black hair, clearing her head.  She found the tree she landed at and decided to climb it, sitting in one of its top branches.

She laid her head back in the branches, and drifted off into a nap.  The eye glared at her in her sleep.  Never blinking.

Her eyes opened slowly, and she heard the sound of rain.  The sound was so peaceful, as the clouds covered the sky.  She felt at peace. And then she heard the voice.

"Pleasant dreams."  It was monotone, but in a sickening way.  Raspy and monotone, echoing.  Around her, she saw nothing.  She was alone, seemingly.

((Venom belongs to Marvel - neither I nor my co-writer claim to own Venom in any way shape or form))

(CHAPTER 3 CAN BE FOUND BY CLICKING ON THESE WORDS)
Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CaptainCockblock

awesome! I didn't expect a marvel crossover, but that just makes it all the more unexpected. I just made people feel bad for Killer Croc, you made me completely side with Venom, what a nice boy.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123
@CaptainCockblock said:
" awesome! I didn't expect a marvel crossover, but that just makes it all the more unexpected. I just made people feel bad for Killer Croc, you made me completely side with Venom, what a nice boy. "
Me and my co-writer RPed a lot with this story, while Venom is an essential character, we figured Eryn landed in an alglamam universe. (Marvel + DC + Image)... so who knows! There might be a Spawn appearance coming up soon. (Maybe. We might just keep it at Venom and Spidey for now :D)
chris thompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By chris thompson

Venom is in it? Didn't see that coming.XD