Oz Outsiders

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PrinceMarvel_

This is a team that I've been working on. It's for a story that I am going to call "The Wizards in OZ", I just need to figure out what I am going to have the 'Z' stand for.

The team consists of seven men from our world who eventually find themselves in another world (a revisioned Oz) and must use their skills to fight the evil of the land.

Recently, I decided to use a character from Marvel to partially inspire my characters origins (they're sort of an amalgamation of a few characters from the Wizard of Oz book series and a Marvel Character)

The Wizard/Nick Fury

Oscar Zulu grew up in the circus, his parents were illusionists. When Oscar became an adult, he was recruited to join a secret organization dedicated to monitor superheroes and assist them when necessary. Oscar quickly rise in the racks of the organization until he was their leader. However, as the organization began to interfere with the barriers instead of assisting them, Oscar became disillusioned with the organization and created his own team of superheroes.

The Scarecrow/Uncle Henry/Aunt Em/Captain America

(He's also based off the munchkin farmer that originally created the Scarecrow)

Heinrich Emerson is a farmer who really loved his jobs and was born with two green thumbs (no, not literally). One day, he bought a special fertilizer that was supposed to help his cell grow better. However, the fertilizer ended up being irradiated, and when it got too hot, it exploded and went all over Heinrich. However, instead of killing him, Heinrich found that he had peak human abilities.

Using his new found abilities, Heinrich afford the identity of the Scarecrow and becomes a crime fighter.

The Tin Woodsman/Ku-Klip/Captain Bill/Iron Man

Kustard Klipton was in the air force for a full twenty years. When he retired, he decided to stay his own lumber mill, and he used his military pension to created an army of tin woodsmen to help him harvest trees. Eventually, he decided to use his creations to fight crime.

He is best friends with Heinrich Emerson, and had even created a stick-figure robot to wear Heinrich's scarecrow costume in the event that Heinrich and the Scarecrow needed to be two different people.

The Cowardly Lion/The Shaggy Man/Maahes/Thor

(This character is meant to be based off of Thor, but he may come across as also being like Black Panther).

Maahes 'Mason' Bast is the descendent of the Egyptian goddess Bast through her son Maahes. As he had inherited Bast's powers, he is next in line to be king. However, his tribe is a warrior tribe known for spreading war amongst the neighboring tribe. Despite this, Maahes only wishes to live in peace, but is deemed the 'Cowardly Lion by his tribe and exiled.

Much like Marvel's earlier depiction of Thor, Maahes can alternate between being human and using the powers of Bast (he also possesses the sword of Maahes.)

Coming to America, Maahes apps the name Mason Bast and is attracted to baseball, he is recruited by the Omaha Lions where he meets Oscar, Heinrich and Kustard and decided to join their team. His dad also had the ability to turn into aan indestructible bat.

The Yellow Knight/Colonel Rick Stoner

Sir Hector Polk created an organization dedicated to monitoring and assisting superheroes. He is also the man responsible for recruiting Oscar Zulu. Shortly before handing his organization over to Oscar, Hector made a deal with the American government to allow them to have a little control of his organization as a way to get more help for the heroes. But instead of helping the heroes, the government instead began interfering with the heroes. So when Oscar decided to leave the organization, Hector followed and became a mentor to the Outsiders.

Ojo/Prince Marvel/Rob Joslyn/Spider-Man

(Prince Marvel had no correlation to Marvel Comics and is from a book entitled The Enchanted Island of Yew)

Own Jones is a child prodigy who gained futuristic gadgetry when he accidentally summoned an 'electric genie' (see The Master Key by L. Frank Baum to know what gadgets he possesses). He adopts the code name 'Prince Marvel' and joins the Outsiders as the youngest member of the team.

The Nome King (both)/Wilson Fisk

Norman Kingsley was a miner in Nome, Alaska. After an accident that cost his job as a miner, Norman became a criminal and started mining banks. He sin rose to the totop of the criminal world where he became the archenemy of Oscar, and by extent, the Outsiders. Through their years of fighting, Norman came to respect the Outsiders.

The Outsiders consists of three active members, the Scarecrow, the Tin Woodsman, and the Cowardly Lion. Even though this is Oscar's team, and he is quite capable of fighting, he stays behind and monitors the team (in a similar fashion to Oracle). Hector is considered a member of the team, but he's more of a mentor. Because of his age, Owen is considered probation status. And Norman is their archenemy, who does occasionally assist the team.

Despite all the technology they use, I actually wish my story to take place in the late Victorian era. The team manages to build a portal that they keep hidden inside of a wardrobe, and when they first use it, they find themselves in a revisioned land of Oz with no way to return home. And this is really when their story begins.