Ormazd

Om4zd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Om4zd

Hey guys, I always had this idea of the persian deity Ahura Mazda/Ormazd to be in comics. I wanted to share with you my perception of his powers and abilities if he ever were to be shown in comics. So here goes.

In Persian belief, Ahura Mazda/Ormazd (Lord Wisdom) was the supreme god, he who created the heavens and the Earth, and another son of Zurvan (the primordial god in Persian religion, and the god of infinite time and space). Zurvan is the father of the good god Ormazd and the evil god Angra Mainyu/Ahriman. With children representing the two opposites, Zurvan himself is regarded as a neutral god; one for whom there is no distinction between good or evil. Zurvan is also the god of destiny, light and darkness. In Zurvanism, the state religion of the Sassanides in the 3rd-7th century CE, Zurvan is the highest god and lord of the four elements.

Ormazd, as leader of the Heavenly Host, the Amesha Spentas (the Persian deities in Zoroastrianism), he battles Ahriman and his followers to rid the world of evil, darkness and deceit. Ormazd possesses the conventional physical attributes of the Persian gods. Like all of the Amesha Spentas, he is practically immortal: he has not aged since reaching adulthood and cannot die by any conventional means. He is immune to all Earthly diseases and is resistant to conventional injury. If he were somehow wounded, his godly life force would enable him to recover with superhuman speed. It would take an injury of such magnitude that it dispersed a major portion of his bodily molecules to cause him a physical death. Even then, it might be possible for a god of significant power, such as a number of Persian gods of equal power working together to revive him. Ormazd also possesses superhuman strength and his metabolism provides him with far greater than human endurance in all physical activities. He also has a fragment of his father's powers. He can grant immortality to any being by literally giving them infinite time in their lifespan.

Ormazd has extra-ordinary ability to tap into and manipulate mystical energies in a cosmic scale, such as in perceiving and preserving astral energies, commanding vast amounts of energy and moving between different levels of existence. His level of power and expertise is unknown, but he may be just as powerful as such deities as Vishnu, Odin and Zeus. He also has the ability to fly

Ormazd's modern-day activities are not known. He has not appeared since ancient times nor has he appeared to any of the other gods in the face of recent threats to earth. His current whereabouts are unknown.

So that is it. Most of that is fact from zoroastrian belief, some from other sources and a bit of it I made up myself.

P.S: No disrespect is intended towards followers of Zoroaster and his teachings. I have great respect for this faith and do not in any way wish for anyone to feel upset about this. It is only an idea.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Project_Worm
@Om4zd:  
I think it's interesting.