Oracle of the X Part 1 (fan-fic):

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By OracleX

Hi everyone! I am very new so I appreciate all the help I can get!
Title: Oracle of the X
Genre: Action
Rating: PR18 for some dramatic violence
Description: Barbara Gordon remembers a strange dream where she is fighting an old bald man who was supposedly from a different universe. When she discovers this man amnesiac  in real life, calamity ensues.
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters Babara Gordon or Charles Xavier or any other DC or Marvel Character.

Oracle of the X

Chapter 1

"What is this, Heaven?" asks Barbara as she stares around.
She is sitting in her wheelchair  on what appear to be a floor of clouds. The sky around her is golden with shades of pink.
NO THIS ORACLE, THIS IS BATTLE! PREPARE YOUR SELF FOR THE GREATEST ENEMY OF THE MARVEL UNIVERSE!
Some clouds shift away to reveal someone in wheelchair moving forward. It was a man with a bald head who looked to be about the age of her father.
INTRODUCING PROFESSOR X!
Professor X looks as stunned as she is.
"This isn't fair,"he says.
He get up from chair.
"How can I fight you when I have the use of my legs," he says.

"I haven't used this chair in a few years," he said.
WHO EVER IS LEFT INCAPACITATED AT THE END OF THREE MINUTES WINS!
The sky turns red. Barbara pulls out her escrima sticks.
"Don't be ridiculous young woman," he said.
He closes his eyes and touches his forehead.
Suddenly, she has a strong desire to hit herself with her own sticks.
"NO!" she shouts and hurls one of the sticks at Professor X's head.
He barely dodges it.
"I really don't think it is fair to fight you physically," he says.
He touches his forehead again, but this time Barbara is ready. Keeping her mind focused she hits the upper muscle on the back of  his right leg, causing him to fall to the ground. But Barbara is not done. She throws herself from her wheelchair on top of him.
"You can walk but you can't fight without using your mind, you're still crippled on the inside," she says.
He grabs her wrists, she uses the momentum to roll over. His grip loosens and she pulls the escrima stick back and then slams it into his forehead.
ORACLE IS VICTORIOUS!
Everything goes black.
BABS WAKE UP!
Barbara opens her eyes. She is sitting in front of her computer bank. Dinah's face is staring at her through one of the monitors. She checks the clock on a another screen, it ten o'clock in the morning.
"Damnit Dinah! How could you let me sleep so late," she says.
"Only because we were both up past 2 searching for Roulette's fighting arena only to discover more bodies stab wounds. I just got up a few minutes go myself."
"Roulette-stab- wounds- oh crap my Dad should be out of the OR soon!" She takes her headset off and begins to wheel away.
"I have never known your dad to be a heavy drinker so a little spike like that won't kill," Dinah says.
"That's reassuring, late night or not, we start to look again at 11:00 p.m. and I expect you to be bright-eyed and bushy tailed," Barbara says.
"Aye Aye Captain," Dinah says. And the screen goes blank.
 Commissioner James Gordon is sitting on his bed buttoning his shirt as Babs arrives.
"Dad! You shouldn't be moving around! You need to rest!" she said.
"I'm fine! Only three hours of surgery and two pints of blood. At least with being stabbed there is nothing left bouncing around the way a bullet does," he said.
"You've developed a very a macabre sense of humor over the years Dad. You know the maniac who did that is still out there." Babs said with a grin.
"All the more reason I should be too. I keep thinking, the masked man could have killed me but he didn't. I think he was trying to send a message to our ally of the night," he said.
Babs sighs and they hear a rustle behind the curtain.
"Miss I am perfectly capable of relieving myself without your assistance!" a familiar voice says. Then there is a thud and the man swears.
Gordon shakes his head sadly. "Poor fella is amnesiac, can't remember anything," he says.
"Where did you find him? What do you know?" Babs asks.
"Harvey told me a red cape flagged patrol car down after subduing a pair of light-weight thugs who gave the poor man a good thrashing but they didn't break his spine. The cape reported that no wallet or money was found,"he said.
"What about his clothes?"
Gordon smiles for moment,"My girl, a detective. That's the funny thing. He wore Armani slacks with a cotton-silk T-shirt. His shoes are worth more than my car."
"How many times must we go over this woman? I do not remember how I lost the use of my legs!" the voice shouts.
Babs looks to Gordon, "Dad I think I might know him."
She wheels over past the curtain to see Professor X.
"Professor X?"
The look he gives Babs unnerves her. Where there was once a calm air of authority about his gaze it is replaced by a look of wide-eyed frustration.
"Do I know you?"
"Yes I'm Barbara Gordon form Gotham University,  you were a guest lecturer from Platinum Flats University. You spoke about ethics."
Gordon appears. "Well that's a start."
But Prof. X looks as confused as ever.
"That doesn't sound right. I don't think I'm a professor, nothing sounds familiar. And what the Hell is Gotham? I do remember my basic geography and I know there is no such thing as Gotham City!"
The flabbergasted nurse smiles. "Well maybe the doctors at Arkham will be able to help you regain the rest of your memory."
Babs is shocked "Arkham! You're sending him to Arkham! Can't you find another place?"
Gordon shakes his head sadly. "Babs you know as well as I do that bed space at every hospital comes at a premium during these dark times. And the newly-rebuilt Arkham is the place best equipped to handle a situation like this."
Babs will never be able to fully know what nerve in her was struck for her to make such an outlandish offer.
"He can come and stay with me."
 "Babs are you sure about this?" Gordon says.
"Yes, my apartment is completely handicap-accessible. You can stay with me for few days to help you recover your memories. Is that alright Professor?"
Prof. X shrugs.
"What other choice do I have? I am not sure of many things, but I know I'm not insane so I'll settle with going with you," he says.
The nurse smiles.
"We don't usually do things like this, but if your willing to take care of him, we'll release him to you. I'll call the doctor and get the paper work started," she says and leaves the room.
Gordon's phone rings.
Babs sighs.
"Its my job honey, even with the bat Gotham needs me," he says and leaves the room to answer the phone.
Prof. X stares at her.
"You were lying just now," he states.
"What do you mean?" Babs says.
"Please don't insult my intelligence young woman. You do know me but not as professor from some college," he says.
"Would you believe how I really know you?" she asks
"Try me."
"I fought you in a dream where you name was shouted as being Professor X," she says.
He eyes her with some incredulity.
"Maybe I'm not the one who needs psychiatric help."
Babs is furious. "Look I'm the only one who has the slightest idea as to who you might be. You can cast your lot with the crazies at Arkham if you really think I'm that bent!"
"No, I'll go with you. I think I'd be very foolish not to," he said.
Gordon returns. "Babs a witness showed up at the station! He claims he knows where the our dagger-swinging suspect lives!"
"Good luck Dad. Please promise me you'll try to stay out of the line of fire."
Gordon goes over and gives his daughter a kiss, "I'll do my best sweetheart."
He looks at Prof. X "I don't know why my daughter has decided to taken you in, but you better be grateful and show some respect," he then walks closer so face is only a foot away from his. "and if you don't, I know a man who is the worst nightmare of the deadliest criminals who would-"
"Dad!"
"Its okay Miss Gordon. I am deeply indebted to your daughter. I have no intention of doing anything to ruin that relationship."
Gordon doesn't look convinced. "Be careful Babs." He walks out the door.
A doctor in his mid-thirties dressed in scrubs accompanied by the nurse walks in. He flashes a smile.
"Hi I'm Doctor Dervish. I understand you would like to take John Doe 11:20 home, with you," he says. He looks at the chart, "Aside from a cracked rib, most of his injuries are superficial, so our main concern is getting his memories back, isn't that right umm"
"Professor X is his name," Babs says.
"No first name?"
"The Professor is highly protective of his privacy. He refused to disclose his first name for fear of students track him down,"
Doctor Dervish checks his watch and begins to talk more quickly.
"I can't argue the fact that we need the space. This a flash drive with a program used to trigger emotions. This is the name of a psychologist I'd like him to see in three days. If you have any questions you can call this number," he says as he hands over a a bulky envelope to Babs and then turns to Professor X and takes his pulse.
"So how are you feeling Professor X?"
"Other than than the fact that I can't remember who I am and I cant feel my legs, I'm feeling just peachy."
Doctor Dervish checks the professor's eyes with a flashlight. "That interesting that you don't remember your spine breaking because that injury appears at least a few week old.
The nurse tentatively walks closer with a grocery bag.
"We had to cut you shirt so you'll have to wear a scrubs shirt, but we cleaned  your pants, so if you need help-"
"Ma'am I am not four years old, I can take care of my self!" The nurses drops the clothes on the bed.
Barbara raises an eyebrow as she finishes signing the paper work. Dr. Dervish approaches Babs to shake her hand.
"Good luck Miss Gordon, and to you sir," he says as he and the nurse leave.
"Things must be really bleak here, if they didn't check your background," Professor X said.
"I am the daughter of the most uncorrupted Police Commissioner Gotham City has ever had! I was once a congress women! No why don't you reconsider your tone toward me while you change," Barbara says as she away behind the curtain. 
 Babs open the door to her apartment. She wheels out of the way so Prof. X can enter.
"Welcome to my home!"
Prof. X slowly wheels in. He looks around with an analytical eye. Babs had only acquired the space apartment recently as her new of operations. It was at the top floor of what used be the Majestic Hotel.  The flat had two  bedrooms a kitchen, bathroom, and a living room. At the end of the hall there is a door that lead to huge room that served contain an enormous bank of computers.
Babs enters with a bag of burgers.
"I hope your hungry and I hope you aren't lactose-intolerant just in case there is actual dairy in the cheese they slather on these burgers."
"I do not see how burgers will help me regain my memories. They smell disgusting."
"Unless you want my leftover lo mien in the fridge, those are your only eating options."
Babs wheels over drops the bag on the kitchen table. She then skillfully wheels back towards end of the hall.
"Eat up while I make a phone call in my office."
She enters the her computer base and everything lights up. She puts her headset on and puts Red Robin's information on the screen. One of the screens beeps.
"Red Robin this Oracle, how do you read me?"
"On a secure line. Whats up Babs? I'm meeting the titans in tenoctichlan to investigate some Mayan myth trouble-making."
"So what were you doing in Gotham last night?"
"Doing patrol since Bruce is currently in Africa for Batman Inc., and Dick was on call for the Justice League and Damien is with the Titans."
"Dammit, why have all the bats fled coup? There is a mass murderer on the loose who is running a fight club!"
"Overall crime is down, and you guys seem to have it under control. Whats the real reason for calling?"
"My dad said you saved some old guy from being beaten to death. Where did you find him?"
"In crime alley. The punks had already pulled his pockets out and were just punching him for fun. They must have been very new at the game to failed to have noticed his shoes. Why the interest?"
"Something about the guy-"
She hears a crash.
"Got to go, Oracle out," she says and wheel away.
She goes to the door and opens it to find a Prof. X on the ground outside her door.
"If you were going eavesdrop, you should have dropped to the ground," she says
Prof. X groans slightly and then gives her a piercing stare. What exactly do you do for a living?"
"I'm an information broker for a vigilante super-hero corporation, that's the short version, now get up!"
Prof. X crawls on the ground grasps for the wheel chair. It skids away from him. Babs flinches. Painful memories of constantly falling to the ground begin to haunt her periphery. Babs shakes her head.
"I promise it get easier," she says.
Once seated Prof. X slams his fists on the armrests.
"I can't believe I don't remember how this happened!"
"I keep a new I-Pad in the living room. Come on, lets try some of those programs..."

"Zachary...Zeik... this is useless!" Professor X shouts and begins to shakes the screen.
"Throw it to the ground and you will paying me back once you remember who you are," Babs says without looking up from her own computer.
"It is the most awful feeling, not knowing ones own identity. I have knowledge, but I don't know where any of it is from. I am certain I graduated from college and did not grow up poor. Very little is familiar to me. What about this battle, how did I fight you?"
Babs looks up from her computer. "Try this: Press you right hand against your and close your eyes. Try to read my thoughts"
Professor X snorts. That is the most ridiculous I have ever heard of!"
"Humor me please."
Professor X does as instructed. Babs looks at him. "I can't feel you probing my thoughts," she says.
"That's because I could read them. What a foolish idea!"
The door bell rings. "Tai Wok is calling," Babs says as she wheels towards the door.
"Is that Taiwanese food or Chinese food you ordered because they are separate countries you know," Charles says.
"I never thought about it- Zinda!" Babs shouts at the appearance of a tall blond wearing a drivers hat and aviator jacket over a pencil skirt. She is holding a pair of steaming bags of Chinese food.
"Hi Babs! I thought I'd pick up your dinner for you as a surprise and- who is this?" Zinda asks as she enters the apartment. At the moment Professor X's mouth is left slightly open.
"Zinda, this is Professor X a former  amnesiac teacher of mine of who is staying with me until he gets his memories back. Professor X this is Zinda Blake, a woman capable of maneuvering almost any vehicle on this planet."
Zinda is blushing. "Well, I do have so trouble with the copper mine drill a-wait," she drops the bags of food on a chair,"Babs, can I have a word with you?"
Babs is already wheeling towards the door. "Excuse us Professor X," she says.
Prof. X nods. "I understand, take your time." He is still wearing a slight grin on his face.
Zinda closes the door behind them. "Babs what were you thinking? A lost girl is one thing. Its whole other thing to bring in a lost man."
Babs wheels towards her computer bank, "I was hoping I had a little more time before I had to explain this whole situation." She begins typing in code names: HAWK DOVE BLACK CANARY HUNTRESS. Zinda moves beside her. "What are you doing?"
"Making sure I don't have to explain the whole story four times over." She then puts on her headset. "Greetings operatives, this is Oracle. I have a message for you that I do not want a response from under any circumstance. Currently, there is man I am keeping on base who I believe has been displaced from alternate reality. He poses no personal threat as he  unable to use his legs and lacks memories of his past. I will not answer questions of the subject. That is all, I will be in contact at the regular time. Oracle out."  

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By OracleX

"This is crazy Babs. Do you even know what you're going to do with this guy once regain his memories?" Zinda said.
Babs continue to type on her computer. Zatanna's picture appears on one of the screens. "I'm hoping that Zatanna will help. I have had trouble reaching her all day."
"Babs you said you saw him in a dream-" Babs cuts her off.
"Look I don't know how certain I am of anything! I don't usually do things based off hunches, but this is a risk I'm willing to take for some reason."
Zinda seems to have gotten the message. "Okay what now?"
Babs starts pulling maps of Gotham up. "We go to work. Tonight we hit the Iceberg Lounge, where it is rumored that club members can bet on the super-human fights, using their phones. This time I want no direct contact with Cobblepot. Helena is going in as a high-priced corporate executive looking to become a sponsor.  You're going to be covering her. I'm sending the rest to go location scouring in where the old House of Wonders freak show used to be."
Zinda smiles. "I remember when going there was the highlight of my summer."
Babs wheels away from the computer. "Chinese food is getting cold, I hate cold Chinese food."
Zinda walks to door, "Then why are constantly eating it cold for breakfast?" She opens the door to find Professor X on the ground with his firmly planted to the ground."
Zinda jumps and Babs rolls her eyes. "Why do I bother? Come on Professor, I hope you like dumplings."
When the clock on the monitor showed to 2:00 AM, Babs closed her eyes and sighed. Nothing was going right. Aside from beating up a few street punks and busting some drug deals, the search for the fight club yielded nothing. She wheeled her self away from the computers. Helena did find the app. that Roulette was using for the fight club, but it appears that she is using two different satellites for her club. She opened the door, relieved to not find the Professor sitting there. It showed that he did have some respect for her authority when she threatened to have Zinda throw him to the curb if she found him outside her door. Babs went into her room and pushed herself into bed, too tired to change. "There is always hope for tomorrow," she murmured as her head fell on to the pillow.

It felt like she was strapped to a roller coaster. One minute she is surrounded by men in jungle camouflage in a rice field. Then the side of a mountain. Then faces begin to flash by. A man who with a fork levitating above his hand. A woman in plaid. Another woman with wearing an odd-looking helmet.  A man with a red visor covering his eyes. A young red-headed woman surrounded by fire. A man covered in blue with whiskers. A man holds up his fist and a long sharp blade comes out from between his knuckles. Babs screams.
She opens her eyes and sits up breathing heavily. She hears a voice in her head that is not her own.
"Please don't be alarmed Miss Gordon. My name is Charles Xavier and I owe you a debt of gratitude."
"Please get out of my head," Babs says as she gets out of her bed and onto her chair. She glances her alarm clock, it 6:00 A.M. It occurred to her that there was something she was supposed to remember, but she pushed that thought aside as she left her room.
Prof. X was already wheeling ahead of her towards the kitchen. He stopped and smiled. The look of wide-eyed frustration was replaced, with a look of confident focus. "A conversation like the one we are about to have should occur over coffee. Please no more of this 'Professor X' nonsense, please call me Charles." He raises his hand to shake hers.
"Then please call me Babs," she says.
They enter the kitchen. Babs goes to the pantry and pulls out the can. "So you remember who you are and how you entered this reality?"
"I remember who I am, meeting you for our 'Battle'. But I fail to recall how I got here or how I lost the use of my legs."
Babs sighs as she scoops out some coffee. "It was too much to hope for that you would remember everything."
"Having had serious memory lapses before, I can tell you that it is common for the victim, to not remember the trauma."
"So you have no idea, how you got to crime alley?"
"All I remember is the pain and the panic. I remember being on the ground, unable to move my legs and then trying to cover my face as a pair of youths attacked me."
Babs turns on the coffee maker. "What do you remember before that?"
Charles begins to answer, then stops and closes his eyes. "Some one is trying to get in here."
Babs pulls pulls an ipad out of her chair and looks at it. "None of the perimeters have been breached."
Charles touches his head. "But I can sense that some one is trying to get in here."
Suddenly, Babs pulls out an escrima stick out, "Dick! Show yourself!"
The lamp over the living room wobbles. The ceiling panel comes loose and a cowel peaks out. Dick Grayson is smiling. He lands squarely on the coffee table.
"Hi Babs! Just testing your security-" Charles and Dick stare each other, "Who is this?" they say in unison.
Babs groans. "I'm getting tired of intros. Charles, this is Dick Grayson currently serving as the Batman of Gotham City.  Dick this Professor Charles Xavier, a reality displaced tele path who mysteriously appeared in Crime Alley and missing part of his memory."
If either men were surprised by Babs's assessment, neither let it show on their faces. Dick walks over and shakes Charles' hand.
"There are too many questions to ask about this situation, but Babs can handle herself and Bruce wants Dick Grayson to give a presentation on the funding to a board in three hours, but I did remember today."
Babs sighs, "Last Thursday of the month-" Babs wheels over to blank wall covered by the picture of a sail boat. She knock it eschew to reveal a switch. "Fight day," she says. And the door opens to reveal a padded gym.
Dick walks with her, "Babs I swear, you're going to miss you're own funeral."
Charles looks slightly confused. Babs shouts for him to come in.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Nighthunter

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OracleX

Dick turns on a clock. Three minutes count down. Dick pulls a pair of escrima sticks out and readies for a fight.
"Talk as we fight Charles, we can't waste time," Babs shouts. Babs and Dick face each other and bow their heads. Dick leaps forward and attacks and Babs pares. "Are you married? Do you have kids?
Charles wheels over and stares for a moment. "I'm three years divorced from Lilandra of Shi'ar space empire."
Babs and Dick spar. "There's something you two have in common. A taste for inter-galactic women."
Dick spars harder. "Will you ever let me forget about Starfire? What about kids?"
Charles flinches. "A son who I didn't know about until he was eighteen. David, goes by the named Legion because of his multiple personalities."
"Sometimes I wish Bruce never knew about Damien," Babs says, "Current occupation?"
"Advisory councilman to the mutant free state of Utopia, its an island near the San Fransisco Bay.
"What are mutants?" Dick asks.
I am one Charles projects mentally. Babs and Dick stop fighting and stare at him.
"Get out of my head!"
"It is a very complicated question, so here is the abridged version. There is a gene called the X gene that when activated, gives human special powers such as telepathy, flight, and magnetism. I collected a group of mutants to train to defend their rights to exist and function in society and called them the X Men."
Babs stares at him for a moment and begins to link things mentally. "So during, my-our dream we were linked because we were the leading strategists of our teams."
"So so what we call meta-human is mutant in your reality," Dick says. Babs jabs Dick in the stomach. They continue to spar. "What is the last thing you remember?" Babs asks.
Charles closes his eyes. "I remember sitting in on a meeting with Ororo, Scot, Emma, and Logan. We were discussing, a spat of flu plaguing the community and my mind was drifting... What is the significance of this Crime Alley? It was just a dirty dead end."
"More like a beginning," Dick says.
"It makes sense, if you were looking for a way of getting into our reality, this would be a logical place to start."

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OracleX

"What do you mean?" Charles asks.  Dick quickly answers.
"Its a long story and we don't have time," the timer alerts that there are ten seconds left. Babs and Dick spar more furiously. Babs smacks Dick's wrists and loses his grip on the sticks. Babs takes advantage of the moment throws herself on top of Dick. The buzzer goes off and Dick is smiling sheepishly.
Charles claps his hands. "Very well done you two!"
Babs gets off of Dick "After our fight did you go out and train and some hand-to-hand?" she asks.
Charles looks at the floor. "No, my mind telepathy is powerful enough and I can handle my self"
Dick gets up and wipes his brow. "Dumb idea not to train all parts of you're body. I have grown up walking wires and being quick on my feet, but I have also trained to be a damn good marksman."
Charles starts to speak but Babs cuts him off. "During your Justice League adventures did come across Zatanna? I have had a hard time reaching her."
"Babs, we just decided a couple hours ago to put out an A.P.B on her. She was helping the supes with a dinosaur problem a couple days ago but, no one has seen her since then."
Something else click in to Babs."The fight club. Damn it! They must have gotten to her!"
Babs pours her self some coffee. "I'm going to Wayne Towers today to work tracing that satellite I found last night."
Dick sighs and grabs a cup. "I was hoping for some peace without having patrol the streets with Damien questioning my every move. A cup for you Charles?" 
Charles nods. "Thank you Dick. Is there any way I can help Babs. If you have witness, I can possibly probe their mind-"
Babs shakes her head. "No way. Having one's head messed with a terrible feeling. To me, telepathy is just as bad as water-boarding."
Dick hands Charles a cup. "I wouldn't rule it out entirely Babs. You've been chasing Roulette's heels for two weeks and I can't remember the last time you seemed this frustrated. I have got to go." Dick puts his coffee cup down and jumps on the coffee table. In one swift move grabs the hole of the ceiling and swings himself into it. "If you need me I'll be Yakuza hunting in the Diamond District. He says as he replaces the panel. 
Babs begins to wheel towards her room, "I need to shower and change. I'll have some food delivered when I get to work. What do you like to eat?

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Legacy_

People usually read Fan-Fic without properly commenting on them.  So don't take it as people ignoring you ^_^

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CapFanboy
@OracleX: This is an interesting fic, very well written. I'm waiting to find out how Xavier crossed over into the DCU. This is really good, well done!
OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OracleX

"I'm not a picky eater. Just send whatever you want," Charles replies.
Babs opens her door. "Then turkey subs it is," she says and closes her door.
Half an hour later Babs reappears dressed in a gray pants suit. Charles has been looking at the Ipad with a great intent. 
"This reality is fascinating. There are so many different cities with such colorful guardians. I'm surprised that there is no Muir island or Negosha here though."
Babs picks up a brief case in the living room. "You do realize I have no idea what you are talking about?"
"Apparently not."
Babs grabs her purse from the kitchen. "You are welcome use that computer for whatever you want. There are plenty of movies, games and TV shows to keep you entertained until I come home at around 5:30. I'm thinking of picking up Italian dinner."
Charles smiles. "I have no doubt I'll find ways to keep myself busy."
Babs wheels towards the door "I'll see you in a bit."
"Have a good day!" Charles says.

Babs listlessly wheels towards the door of her apartment. She cracked a hundred codes, discovered the deputy mayor was on the take from Poison Ivy advocacy group, and that Two-face was alive even though he appeared to have died from being strangled after double-crossing the Joker. Yet she still could this day as being productive because she failed to find any new leads on where the fight club was.
Babs opened. "Charles I hope you like Geno's- CHARLES!" Babs shouted when she saw him lying on the ground. His fingers were laced together. He almost looked peaceful. Babs slipped off her chair and crawled over to him. She was about to check his pulse when he opened his eyes.
"I am fine Babs. I just needed to find a comfortable position. I know where the fight club is."

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OracleX

Babs is stunned. "How?"
Charles begins to crawls towards his chair. "Do I smell Lasagna? It smells delicious."
Babs crawls back to her chair. "Yes,but how can you think of food right now did you find it?"
Charles wheels towards the kitchen. "Did you know that the average human blinks every five seconds?"
Babs follows him. "I think so. What does that have to do with anything?"
"It is a single quick motion that most humans perform without thinking about it. I can stay in a human's mind for five seconds without being detected."
"I can't believe you did that without my permission! What if you got caught? What else did you do?"
Charles smiled at her. "Without reading your mind I can tell you are happy that I found it. I know you don't agree with my methods, but can we please skip the lecture for now?  Put me in front of a map of Gotham I can tell you the location, the pass codes, and who is in there.
Babs puts the food on the table and pulls out an Ipad. She pulls up a map of Gotham City. Charles leans over and points to the middle of the map.
"There, I kept hearing the word 'narrows'"
"Are you sure. I have had that area checked!"
Charles closes his eyes. "I kept seeing a vertical infinity symbol in a circle in a square. There is a sign near it with the numbers six two one."
Within seconds, Babs pulls the image up on the screen. "The House of Spiders. Terrific," Bab types some more."I know why we didn't check that building." Babs turns abruptly and speeds her wheel chair towards her control room. Charles follows her. "If we are going to work together, you should clue me in on your theories."
"Fine, follow me." Babs enters the computer room and the screens light up. Her fingers race across the keyboard and Dick Grayson's profile appears. Charles comes in and Babs has Thomas Elliot's profile on the screen. "I need to contact Dick. Please be quiet" 
A pretty Russian woman's face appears on the screen. A woman's voice is heard.
"Good evening, you have reached Mr. Grayson's assistant, who am I speaking with?"
"Hi Collet. Tell Dick, Miss Gordon wants a word with him now,"
"Yes, Ma'am, he is in a meeting right now, but I will pull him out,"
As they wait, Babs pulls up info on recent land purchases by Wayne Enterprises. The picture of the woman disappeared from the screen. Dick's voice comes online.
"Thank God. I was about to fall asleep in my foi gras. Whats up Babs?"
"Dick, how closely have you been watching Tommy Eliot these days?"
There is a pause. "Why do I have a feeling I'm going to get a lecture? Eliot has been staying in his old home. He is watched as once a month he hits a swanky bar and sleeps with the most expensive woman he can pick up. Then we extract him and every one goes home happy."
The names and faces of several woman flash across the screen. "Dumb move Dick. Eliot bought some property in the narrows. A chemical plant to be exact."
"Is that where the fight club is? How can I help?" 
Barbara pauses for a moment, lost in thought.
"No is in the vicinity but Zhang Jie is leaving tonight. I'll have my team do recognizance tonight and call in some favors for tomorrow."
"Don't you hate it when the smart thing to do is wait? I got to go. Oh and how is your house guest?"
"Fine Dick, return to your foi gras, Oracle out."
Charles looks stunned. "You don't want to break up the place tonight? I have the codes and everything! This Zatanna woman could be the key how I get home."
Babs closes her eyes and rubs the bridge of her nose.
"Charles you're not looking at the whole picture. There are least twenty people that can be classified as super-heroes. There are too many ways for this turn ugly without proper planning." She types at her computer and the screens go blank. With a few more strokes a 3D satellite map of the Narrows appears.
"Walk me through every detail you learned about the club"
"Well, it is called the paradigm club..."

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TypingKira

Awesome fic! I definitely need to sit down and read it all through, but the first few posts are very very cool! 

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

This is truly amazing work. I always have liked Marvel/DC crossovers like this and you did a good job here! Keep 'em coming :)

OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By OracleX
Caution: Adult themes.
During the course of the next few hours Babs was able to put together a map of the complex. When the sun set Babs was able to send her team out and learned everything imaginable about the Paradigm club. While some of her operatives questioned where Babs got the information, Babs pointed out that this was the first good information they had received in weeks. At some point Babs remembered the food she brought home, which they ate barely-warm out of the cartons.  By mid-night, Babs had recruited some Titans to serve as a backup. A half an hour later, Black Canary came on the line and ordered Babs to go to bed.
Charles closed his eyes and rubbed them. "I do not know how you do this all day."
"I can't believe how you were able to figure out this labyrinth of codes."
Babs wheels out of her control room and Charles. "Did you get the package of clothing I had delivered. Its not Italian, but its still quality apparel."
Charles smiled as he approached the door and smile. "Your measurements were spot on."
Babs approached her door, "Lets hope you might remember more in the morning. Goodnight Charles."
"Goodnight Babs"
Babs quickly changes and pushes herself into bed. For the first time in weeks Babs felt like she was making progress, with the help from a reality-displaced stranger. Maybe there is reason for why he is she thought as she fell asleep.
 All she could feel was a sense of terrible panic. She was shaking violently as she stared at a woman wrapped in bloody sheets on a bed. She looks down and see more blood on her own hands. To the right a door explodes and a man with a red visor covering his eyes, a blond woman, and a man with bushy hair appears. The red visord-man runs to check and the blond is close behind. But the bushy hair-man lunges at her. She sees the three blades come out of his hand. Babs screams as the claws lunge into the back of spine. Babs screams even louder. 
Babs open her eyes. "Charles what have you done?
OracleX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OracleX

Charles gets and climbs into his wheelchair. "Babs! Let me explain!" He wheels towards the door. But Babs is blocking the doorway. She has a fierce look on her face and she holding a stun gun with both hands, leveled at his chest.

"You came here to escape!" she shouts.

A look of terrible frustration came across his face. "Please Babs, I know you don't know me well but, I swear I didn't do that!"

"You don't know what you did! Terrible trauma blocks out memories! Remember!"

"Please Babs!" Charles thrusts his hands forward and grabs her hand just as Babs pulls the trigger.

Babs is suddenly experiencing memories that are not her own. She is wheeling across a deserted flagstone path. It is well-lit but three figures armed with bats appear from the shadows. They are tall muscular men. Their faces are blurry. One man come from behind and tips his chair, flinging her on the ground. "MUTANT LOVER!" One takes a bat and smashes it on to his back. "Get up crip!" One man taunts and his the two men smash their bats onto the back of his legs. She can't feel it, but she hears the cracking of her bones. They are laughing maniacally. The apparently leader, shoves him so she is turned over. "You got no right teaching your mutie-loving &£^" on this campus." The begin to smack their bats onto her stomach and her arms flail. She feels a ribs crack. Then the man lean over smiles. as he raises his bat. The mans face still blurry. "Lights Out," as the bat swings at face. Babs screams as everything goes dark. She opens her eyes.

Babs is laying top of Charles. She notices that her stun gun had fallen out of her hands before she could fully pull the trigger. She gingerly gets off Charles, who's eyes are still closed.

"Charles?" she says, and touches his pulse. It is weak. He opens his eyes and groans.

"I never felt so helpless as I did then," he says.

"Why didn't you fight back mentally?" she asks in spite of her self.

"I couldn't think after I fell forward-I couldn't con-" a tear leaks down and he tries to blink it away. "Now do you believe me?"

For a long moment, Babs sat on the floor, soaking everything in.

"Yes Charles. I believe you."

Babs goes and climbs into her chair. "We'll sort everything out, once we find Zatanna. Get some rest tonight Charles"

Charles slowly gets up also. "Babs thank-"

Babs goes into to hallway. "Please don't thank me Charles. Just don't."

Babs waits until Charles closes the door and then wheels to the end of the hallway. Her computer room lights up as she enters. She gets in front of a monitor and notices that it is 3:25 A.M. She taps at the computer and a Dick Grayson's information appears. Another set of key strokes later and the red outline of a bat appears on of the screens. They begin to blink. Dick's voice comes out groggy. "Why on heaven, and earth and Krypton are calling at this hour?"

"My house-guest from an alternate reality is wanted for murder there. I don't think he did it but he needs to be taken into protective custody at the Justice League"

Dick's voice softens. "I'm sorry to hear that Babs. The guy seemed nice. Are sure he didn't do it?

Babs' voice cracks. "Positive."

"I'll be there in fifteen minutes. Have him on the roof by then."

Babs is trying to keep her voice steady. "No problem. Oracle out."

Babs knocks on Charles' door. "Charles! Dick needs to clear the building! He just got a bomb threat!"

Ten minutes later they are on top of the roof the former Majestic Hotel. The night is slowly becoming less dark. Charles is looking at her suspiciously.

"Are you sure you want to leave all that equipment alone. What happens to it?

Babs shows him a small control with buttons on it. "I have magnets set up all over the place that will shred the data."

They hear a loud gust of wind. Charles and Babs look up and the bat-jet is hovering ten feet above them. Charles is in awe.

"It reminds me of my Black Bird! It-" The belly opens and Dick glides down a harness. He smiles weakly as he lands perfectly on his feet.

"Hello again Charles." He give the harness to Charles. "I need you to wrap this tightly around your waste."

"Ladies first then-" Babs cut him off. "No Charles, just you." Charles' eyes widen with realization. "You're sending me away!"

Babs looks at the ground. "I'm sorry Charles. You are a wanted man. I can't have your associates running into my home and ruining my base. This protective custody," a tear leaks down her face. "You'll be staying at the Justice League Headquarters, you can even train to fight in their 'Kitchen'"

Dick looks at the skyline, measuring for time. "Come on Charles, I don't think I can keep this this thing parked here much longer without attracting attention."

A look of total and utter surrender comes across his body. He takes the harness and ties it around himself. He looks at Babs one last time. "Good-bye and thank-you, Miss Barbara Gordon."

"Good-bye," Babs whispers. Charles and Dick disappear into the belly of bat-jet. She watches it disappears and wonders whether she'll ever see the man she knew originally Professor X. and came to know as Charles, ever again.

End of Part 1

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Nice :]