Opinions please

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By joshmightbe

I'm thinking of doing a fan fic where the Ninja Turtles takes place within the Marvel Universe and I was intending to have their first real encounter with the rest of the Marvel universe be during the Mutant Massacre, basically a while after the Turtles were mutated they along with Splinter stumble into the Morlock tunnels and become friends with them. Thanks to Donatello making a security system for them the Morlocks will have fair warning before the Marauders show up and by the time the Super heroes get there instead of a Massacre the arrive to see an actual battle between the Marauders and the Morlocks led by Splinter and the Turtles. If anyone has any input or thinks I should do it in a different way let me know. Also the foot clan will be a rival of the hand which will be somewhat important later on

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

any opinions will be much appreciated

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#3  Edited By TheCannon

Not a bad idea. Although I've never been much of a Ninja Turtles fan.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@TheCannon: Thanks, I've been a fan for a long time and this fic has been in my head for a while now

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#5  Edited By TheCannon

No problem. I'm always willing to help people out. Especially when it's something small like reading and giving an opinion.

kamrenamir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By kamrenamir

@joshmightbe: Good Idea. That will be a cool battle.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@kamrenamir: I got 1 chapter and the prologue up so far, haven't got to the Massacre yet though

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Primmaster64
@joshmightbe: Integrate Superman in it...XD
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By joshmightbe

@Primmaster64: I actually considered it for a second since I'm also writing Marvel's Superman but I decided against it

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@Primmaster64: The first chapter is up now, it has their first encounter with Callisto and they even have a mini team up with Daredevil. Also the Shredder meets the Kingpin

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Primmaster64
@joshmightbe: alright
joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

The Massacre will go a little differently here than in the comics for 2 reasons 1. The Turtles being there and 2. Because I haven't read the story in years and I'm fuzzy on the details

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Jekylhyde14

@joshmightbe said:

The Massacre will go a little differently here than in the comics for 2 reasons 1. The Turtles being there and 2. Because I haven't read the story in years and I'm fuzzy on the details

I read the story and I'm fuzzy on the details. Basically, the X-Men, X-Factor (the original X-Men), New Mutants, and Power Pack (yes, the power pack) all go down into the sewers independently of one another to try and stop the Marauders from slaughtering the Morlocks. They are mostly unsuccessful and get their butts whipped. Angel has his wings impaled by Harpoon and later has to get them amputated, Colossus is injured by Riptide's throwing stars and ends up paralyzed after Magneto is forced to use his metal form to heal him, and Wolverine has his first epic throw down with Sabretooth. Some Morlocks survive but most of them are murdered. Thor ends up rescuing Angel (maybe you could replace Thor with Superman?) and Daredevil has a fight with Sabretooth as the villain flees the scene. We later learn that Gambit helped start the whole thing by leading the Marauders to the Morlocks and this is why he got thrown out of the X-Men in the late 90's. My theory is that the whole storyline was an early editorial attempt to cut down on the amount of mutants in the Marvel Universe (the most major attempt being, of course, House of M). So the Marvel editorial staff are actually the biggest threat to the mutant race.

I think you've got a good idea bringing the turtles into this. Especially if you're going with the early Eastman and Laird Turtles who were always a bit dark and cynical. They hang out in sewers and are mutants much like the Morlocks. Maybe they can help the X-Men turn the tide. Happy writing!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By joshmightbe

@Jekylhyde14: I read it too its just been a long time and all my issues of it burned up in a house fire a few years ago so I can't go back for a reread. I know all the big things(Like Thor being the only Avenger that bothered to show up to stop a near genocide) and that it led to Angel becoming Archangel. Superman won't be here that's a separate thing. I've already established that the turtles are friends of the Morlocks in my first chapter. My version is kind of a mix of the original comics version and the turtles from the 2003 series so they'll be a little dark but not full on Frank Millar dark.