Nighthunters legacy

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Nighthunter

First: Some of the things written here (only a few) are mentioned in my bio which was kinda f@cked up a little bit after CV 2.0 arrived lol.

I've been trying to fix it so it's still under reconstruction (all of the text is still there though, although the first chapters have been improved)

Second: I wrote Nighthunters instead of Nighthunter's on purpose

Third: Had this idea when I was really bored yesterday lol but thought that it could be interesting to add to my bio (if done right)

Fourth: One of the purposes of this fan-fic is to prove that my character isn't a Batman rip-off/clone/etc like many people think (outside of the "No powers" thing I don't find any other connection)

Fifth: In my first post (Don't know if others too) I touch things from the reality of my country (Mexico) everything that I mention about the politics and problems is true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nighthunter is narrating here

My name is Lorenzo Eguiluz, but most people call me Nighthunter. That's the codename that I inherited from Sebastian Eguiluz, the man that used this mantle for many years until he died in the hands of a teamate and a friend of his; Andferne, not the one you are thinking right now, not the man who is leading the hero team that has most potential after the fall of the Zero Squad.

Yup, that was my fault, although some of my friends have told me otherwise I've always held myself responsible for the fall of that team as I tried to fill big shoes, because I tried to lead  one of the best teams of the vine when I hadn't leaded anyone before. A team is as strong as his leader and it was obvious that I wasn't ready for that kind of responsability, neither am I right now.

Why is this important you ask? Because if I'm telling a story I want people to know the full story, no lies, no secrets as I don't have anything to hide, I've been the new Nighthunter for 4 years now, having taken the place of my predeccesor; both his codename and friends are now mine, heck even his DNA is mine as I'm an altered clone of his.

He always had a backup plan for a backup plan, or atleast that's what people said of him. Personal opinion? I'm the living prove, I'm his attempt to make his codename and legacy go through the ages, the time, the death.

I'm Lorenzo Eguiluz. Although I carry the same codename that he used, although I use the same powersuit he used, although I use my mind to battle anyone that comes in my way I'm not Sebastian Eguiluz, neither will I ever be, it doesn't matter if I use the same codename or weapons as he used, it ain't something about skill or that I don't think that I'm worth enough. The simple reason is just that I'm myself, I'm not him, I'm not his shadow and I do what I feel is right all the time, even if that brings me conflict with my best friends.

Narration finishes here

Nighthunter had decided to take a few weeks off from the superhero duty, he wanted to be alone for awhile and reflexionate for the things that had happened in the recent Civil War, an even that as much as Nighthunter thought the situation through never imagined how badly it would end.

Nighthunter had gone to Mexico and explored it all in the highway using his car, he saw practically the complete country on his trip, how beautiful the country was with the great diversity of animals, plants, weather, environment, culture and other things, while it had at the same time some of the biggest problems he had ever seen; corruption, violence, hunger, poverty and others were some of them.

Nighthunter saw a country divided because of simple politics, the election for president had caused great problems in the country as the politicians of this country proved that most if not all of them didn't know what they were doing, they proved that as much money as they were paid they couldn't even work together to fight the problems of the country, they prefered to fight each other on the classical "I'm the one who is right" game.

Nighthunter found both funny and tragic the problems that this country had, they not only had enough resources and atractions to make this country one of the richest and best prepared countries on Earth, they also proved that they weren't willing to use those oportunities as they found more important fighting over an election long finished.

Mexico was now a country divided, divided in a way that made the United States and it's civil war look like a simple and little discussion. This country didn't have heroes fighting heroes, it had millions of people fighting each other because of problems without any importance when they could be making a better tomorrow for their families and country.

One night Nighthunter decided that he had driven enough already and that he needed to rest, finding a good hotel he asked for the best room available and decided to stay there for a couple of days before returning to where he belonged; with the ICE dragons helping innocent people's lives from the constant dangers that happened each day.

As Nighthunter was taking a shower he heard a noise inside his room and left the bathroom with just a towel covering him, it may have been any worker of the hotel that had entered to leave towels, make the bed or something like that, but Nighthunter knew better than that, he knew that if someone had done just a little bit noise that Nighthunter barely had been able to hear was because someone wanted to attack him, someone who knew who he was, someone skilled enough to want the battle to start.

"Power suit on" said Nighthunter and then his body was covered by the suit in just a few seconds, from his suit he grabbed one of his guns and pointed to a dark figure that he saw sitting in a chair next to the window,.

The man that was sitting there didn't move, he just started to talk.

Note: This conversation will be written in English, but is supposed to be in spanish as it is taking place in Mexico.

-Hello Lorenzo, it's an honor to finally meet the man that has now become a legend among my "organization". (Mysterious man)

-How did you find me? And more important, how do you know who I am? (Lorenzo)

-This world ain't that big for you to go anywhere that we can't find you. We know everything about you and we also know everything about Sebastian who was the superhero Nighthunter before you. (Mysterious man)

-I want answers! Let's start with who you are. (Lorenzo)

-My name is Carlos.....and I'm Nighthunter (Mysterious man)

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

lol thanks

a few grammar mistakes are there as it was 12 am when I started writing it

oh and the ADN thing...that's how it's written in spanish so that must have passed me because I was tired lol

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nighthunter
aztek the lost said:
"pfft, I do all my writing at midnight :D

but then again, I correct all the mistakes when I wake up in the morning...

yeah I figured that's why it said ADN, but any opportunity to laugh at you I have to take advantage of :P
"
that's not fair lol
T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By T.J. Magnum

very dc worthy lol

nice work and all

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nighthunter

Note: I'll start calling Nighthunter by his name for obvious reasons in this chapter, this will continue for most if not all of the story.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A great confusion invaded Lorenzo's mind as he couldn't believe or understand what the man in front of him was saying. The confusion only increased as Lorenzo was looking for anything that could make him know if the man was lying, this person in front of him, this "Carlos" wasn't lying, no matter how well trained someone was, Lorenzo always knew when someone was speaking the truth to him and when that wasn't the case.

-This must be hard for you to understand. You see, your predecessor didn't come up with the name Nighthunter, he took it from an urban legend that was told to him when he went on a trip. (Carlos)

-So...you are the man that is thought to be an urban legend? (Lorenzo)

-No...That man died centuries ago, however he wasn't the first Nighthunter either...neither the only one (Carlos)

-What....what do you mean? (Lorenzo)

-It is a long tale....

Carlos is narrating here

It all started centuries ago. The legend of the nighthunter unlike most of the other legends is a true one. he tale has been altered through history as time changes everything, however it has been passed untouched for centuries by the hundreds of men that have inherited the name.

We all know his history as if it were ours, we know hot is started, how it ended and how it changed the course of history like no other event has ever done.

The story goes back to the times of the great Egyptian empire, the land of the great pyramids and also a place of faith, a place where their mythology was as famous as it was influential in the heart of the people from Egypt.

As you must know the Egyptians believed in destiny, they thought that the outcome of their lives were decided even before they were born and that they didn’t have any control over their destiny, that their complete lives were written in stone and that they couldn’t do anything about it.

But in all kingdoms, in all history there is someone who doesn’t believe in what others do, he is the one that is considered a traitor or a crazy man for thinking outside of the box, for believing that there’s more in life than what other people tell you to believe.

That man in this story is the person that would become the first Nighthunter, his name forgotten long ago because that’s the way he wanted it to be, he decided that his name would never be remained, but I’m going really ahead, you need to know the story from the start.

The man that I’m telling you was a person that was really open-minded, heck if he lived on this era he would still be one of the most open-minded persons in the world.

He was the first person that questioned the god’s will and what his people believed in, he looked around one day and saw people acting like the puppets of gods that they had only heard in histories told to them by a group of people that like any other man feel scared of the death and of how they can’t control it or understand it.

Fear is possibly the strongest feeling in the universe, it obviously depends on how big it is, but even so when people experience great fear for something they search for an explanation,  for something that makes them feel safe of those things; that’s how people start believing in something, that’s how symbols are created…that’s how gods are born.

This man didn’t think that believing in almighty powerful beings would bring them the answers they wanted, It wouldn’t help them reach their full potential, if they kept going this way they would never progress and the situation would keep getting worse and worse.

That’s why one day this man reunited the people of his village and started to talk about how they had free will, how destiny wasn’t real and how even if gods really existed they were their own masters of their life.

One would expect that they would receive him with cheers, with great admiration, instead he was thought to be a crazy man and tortured by the people that he used to call friends and family, all of that because they didn’t want to believe in anything else, because they were afraid just like they were afraid of death, of what happens the next day and of the things that they don’t know.

Betrayed and alone this man escaped with great injuries to the dessert where he never looked back as he didn’t believe that there was anyone in that village that was worth a damn. He walked and walked for 16 days using the water and animals he found in the way to survive. He had lost hope in the world, he thought that the world would never change and that he would die alone in that dessert that didn’t show any ending.

That was until the day he met a man named Angelo Abati. Angelo was a man who had been taken from his home as a baby to be sold to whoever gave the best price. For his good luck the woman that bought him was a woman with a golden hearth that couldn’t have kids, but that she bought as many kids as she could to save them from any bastard that gave the merchants a few golden coins.

After that years passed and he was raised by that woman like if he was her own son along with many other boys that were adopted too. Angelo lived in peace and had a happy night until one day a roman invasion started and destroyed the complete village where he lived, there most of the people were murdered in cold blood by the warriors of the mighty Roman Empire.

The few survivors were taken as slaves and if they were strong enough to act as gladiators, there Angelo pushed his limits, becoming a living weapon; vengeance being his guide and his heart’s greatest desire.

Pushing his limits and without showing any mercy he became the greatest gladiator the world would ever know, he was unbeatable and no man could stand on his way. Having a battle against Angelo became an honor, all around the country people came to both watch him fight or be foolish enough to challenge him in battle.

One by one they fell against the might of his lance, without any regret or with the thought that they had done the wrong decision. Win or lose, live or die, whoever challenged Angelo Abati in battle became a legend.

Angelo however didn’t care for what they thought they had accomplished, he didn’t even think of who he was fighting in the arena; every time he cut a hear, every time his lance or sword went through the chest of his opponent he didn’t care for that man that falling to the ground, all he did was look at the emperor who he thought was a monster and who he wished to kill with his own hands.

One day he got tired of waiting and escaped the arena, following without being detected the emperor to his home and killing him in front of his family, he tried to escape the country after that without being caught, thinking that he was skilled enough to avoid the complete roman army…he was wrong and that mistake made him lose one of his hands and one of his eyes after a horrible battle against a group of centurions in which the best thing he could do was to escape.

So just like the man this tale is about Angelo escaped and walked until he found the dessert, there he found peace and started to meditate, his meditation only disturbed by his hunger and being thirsty.

The day those two men met each other would set a domino effect that would not only change their lives, but the way the people of the world lived.

The men taught each other what they knew; one of them showed the other why he thought that they could be more than what their religions made them think, how a world in which the people stop hoping that a bigger being will save them and act by themselves could be perfect and at the same time the other one thought our hero how to battle like no one else could.

When the training was over they returned to Rome where they observed the people in there and looked for people to join their causes, once they had added someone to their ranks they went to the next city and country in search for another one to help them, the process kept going until they became 90 men, each of them trained by Angelo and with a mind that was way above the one of any normal human of that era. It was decided that there would be a council of 6 formed by the 6 men that were the best combination of brains and skills.

With the council and his little army formed our hero planned the downfall of the world’s kings in any civilization that proved that would not progress, working on the shadows to make it happen; sometimes they killed the kings, sometimes they pulled strings from behind the scenes but it was soon proved that it was too dangerous to keep it that way for long as people started to take precautions and recognized faces of members of our organization.

Their leader as wise as ever came with a solution and created the first “mask” that would keep their identities protected for when they attacked on a personal way and to hide them when they were as civilians.

That’s how it all started and even after that the organization has stayed acting in the shadows, adjusting our tactics and weapons for new ages, every single time that a government has fallen by a revolution or anything like that we’ve been there, pulling strings working in the shadows helping to protect what’s right.

Narration finishes here

Lorenzo couldn’t believe the story that he had just heard, if it was true then it meant that for centuries there had been an organization using the same codename he used to manipulate everything and everyone.

-What….What do you want from me? (Lorenzo)

-We have stayed in the shadows for centuries because if people learn about us they would get scared and try to destroy us. We kept it that way until 10 years ago when I was in a bar and told a man that I barely knew about the urban legend of the Nighthunter. Of course I didn’t tell him the complete story, I wasn’t that drunk, but by revealing the name to him he took it as his own without knowing its true origin.

For some time we tolerated it, as even if he used it to play being a superhero he barely got any attention, not his fault though, if people are watching a superhero team they would pay more attention to the guys who can do things that are really hard to believe. (Carlos)

-Then why are you here? (Lorenzo)

-We tolerated your predecessor because he kept a somewhat low profile status, but you took a CBS station as hostage and sent a message worldwide, you then registered on live action television and unmasked you, this couldn’t keep going like that. If you want to use the codename Nighthunter then you are going to start acting like one (Carlos)

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nighthunter
T.J. Magnum said:
"very dc worthy lol

nice work and all"
thanks
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I like it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aztek, Go read my fan-fic NOW lol jk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aztek the lost said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Aztek, Go read my fan-fic NOW lol jk"
o_O I'll probably get to it this weekend...I just a little busy right now...waiting for Boken's post but otherwise I'm doing reviews
"

lol

Ok.

T.J. Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By T.J. Magnum

good work again NH

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nighthunter

Thanks Drifter, Aztek and Magnum, glad you liked it

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Darkchild

been reading this bro and it freaking rocks

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nighthunter

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Nighthunter

12 seconds ago Lorenzo started a fight against a man who uses the same codename he uses, his opponents was considered a fighter of top class, having mastered 7 martial arts, it’s already been 5 seconds since that fight ended.

A mocking and arrogant smile was suddenly formed on Lorenzo’s face, he knew that this would be easy and that his opponent never stood a chance, however he couldn’t help but to enjoy the faces of shock that everyone around had.

“I guess that I’m a place above the food chain now…who is next?” said Lorenzo with a mocking tone to the people that surrounded him, soon after that the Nighthunter from Germany got up from his chair and ordered his men to bring the Nighthunter from New Zealand.

Lorenzo sat down on the ground, waiting for his new opponent or victim to come, he knew what these morons were doing, they would make him go toe to toe against every single Nighthunter from their organization, from the less skilled to the most experienced until he finally was defeated, a way to determine his rank as a fighter in this so called organization.

4 minutes pass, suddenly a new fighter arrives at the battlefield, this one doesn’t look as much of a challenge either, yet Lorenzo doesn’t care, he just wants this over and soon it will be and they both know it.

As the fight starts Lorenzo stands still, giving a hint to his opponent that he can have the first attack if he wants since it won’t change a thing, this makes his opponent furious and makes him lose his focus, that along with the fact that he was already scared of fighting Lorenzo makes the Nighthunter from New Zealand lose any little chance he had of doing something decent in this fight, Lorenzo knew this and planned it, for him nothing isn’t calculated, every single move he or his opponent does…has been thought through by him even before the opponent can think of it, one not very well known ability of Nighthunter is that he somehow can without anyone noticing change the scenario to make everyone fall into his traps.

Lorenzo smiles and prepares himself for the attack of his opponent, who starts with one of the most dangerous and difficult techniques in karate, a move that can be used only by one top class expert, with any other opponent that attack may have been effective, however Lorenzo knew that move perfectly well, not only that but he also had learned how to stop it and use it against his opponent.

As the fist of the Nighthunter from New Zealand comes closer, Lorenzo takes a deep breath and then evades is using his famous agility, however using the momentum he grabs the arm of his opponent and without giving him time to react he breaks his arm in a way that with luck he’ll be able to use it in 3 years again.

The audience stays silent with a face of horror that can be seen even under their masks, making the sound of the crying for mercy from the man on the floor that couldn’t make the pain stop, Lorenzo then went to the closest spot to where the German Nighthunter was sitting “Let’s stop with the games, I can beat without any problem most of the guys here in a matter of seconds and you know it, why not just go to the high leagues right now?” said Nighthunter, he was tired, hungry and thirsty but he still could keep going like this for awhile, but he didn’t find any good reason why he should humiliate  and punish this way fighters that didn’t have any chance at all.

The German Nighthunter stood without talking for a few minutes and then spoke his decision “There isn’t any exception for how we do things, especially for someone like you, you will continue your way to the top until you find someone better than you”

Having said that, Lorenzo continued to fight other Nighthunters that weren’t nearly on the same level as him, beating them in a matter of seconds and without any problem, he continued, there wasn’t anyone there that could stop him, then suddenly a bell was heard announcing that it was over and that this would continue tomorrow, Lorenzo wasn’t happy, he still had energy to go even when he shouldn’t  be able, he had fought 57 opponents without many food or water, all of them highly trained and each one of them better than the previous one.

Lorenzo was dragged to a room that would be where he would sleep, soon after he arrived, the Nighthunter from Germany entered the room and closed it with a lock, as soon as he did this he grabbed a chair that was next to a coffee table and sat down in front of Lorenzo.

“Well well, you really are something huh? You left quite an impression back there, even the highest members of the rank are afraid of fighting you after what you did to some of our brothers in arms” said the German Nighthunter to which Lorenzo only replied with a question that apparently didn’t have anything to do with the subject, maybe as a way to show that he didn’t give a damn of what the man in front of him said. “What’s your real name?” asked Lorenzo, he was tired of thinking of him as another Nighthunter, as the idea itself of there being many people using his codename disgusted him.

The German Nighthunter stood silent for a few seconds and then decided to respond “Well I guess we are now family so…my name is Sebastian” said the man; soon after that Lorenzo was left in blank, this man here had exactly the same name of his predecessor.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nighthunter
aztek the lost said:
"*gasps*

Sebastian???"
lol thought it would bring dynamic, Sebastian is also a popular german name and the first one that came to mind

and yeah, I know this one wasn't that great, didn't have that much inspiration but won't likely have so much free time soon
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nighthunter
aztek the lost said:
"Nighthunter said:
"aztek the lost said:
"*gasps*

Sebastian???"
lol thought it would bring dynamic, Sebastian is also a popular german name and the first one that came to mind

and yeah, I know this one wasn't that great, didn't have that much inspiration but won't likely have so much free time soon"
nah, the post was good...I was just trying to add to the suspense xP

but I thought Sebastian was French o_O"
really? never heard of a french named sebastian, most I've heard are german
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Nighthunter

Nighthunter stood without speaking for the next few moments, he knew that the man in front of him wasn’t his predecessor, but still a man that used the Nighthunter name that was named Sebastian made him feel uncomfortable, like if Lorenzo had to prove himself to him just because of his name.

“What’s the matter?” asked Sebastian and as soon as that Lorenzo got back to the situation at hand, he had to get that out of his head, the man in front of him may be named Sebastian and he may be one of the 198 Nighthunters, but he isn’t his predecessor, that man has been dead for 4 years now.

“…Is nothing..just a little tired, that’s all” said Lorenzo, after that he asked Sebastian to leave his room for him to rest, in the past 6 days he had already fought 178 of the Nighthunters, all of them were exceptional fighters and each one was better than the last, however none of them could do anything to Lorenzo-

Lorenzo woke up at nine o’clock of the next morning, as soon as he did that he went to the coliseum where he knew that everyone was waiting for him, the fight started as soon as he entered the battlefield and ended as quick, he was getting tired of this, in a matter of minutes all of his opponents started to fall, in just an hour there were only 11 Nighthunters left to face.

As the next Nighthunter started to enter the arena, Lorenzo made a mocking smile and then started to yell, he wanted every single one of the persons there to hear his new proposal. “Taking 10 losers before the big prize will take too long, how about if I finish all of you at the same time right now?” having said that, everybody stood silent, no one said a word until an angered man jumped to the arena, following that 9 other men started to jump there one after the other, they were the Nighthunters that Lorenzo had to face before he went against Sebastian.

Sebastian looked at Lorenzo from above like the Cesar did in the old times of the Roman Empire, at his side one could see the Nighthunter from Italy and the Nighthunter from Brazil, both had been defeated by Lorenzo two days ago and like any other Nighthunter, they hadn’t been any real problem for Lorenzo.

The Nighthunter from Spain’s name was Felipe; he like any other couldn’t believe the arrogance shown by Lorenzo, there was no way that he could beat 10 of the most skilled Nighthunters at the same time with just hand to hand combat. “The boy really lost it, he is dead” said Felipe in a low tone, soon after that Sebastian turned to Felipe and gave his own opinion on the matter “What are you talking about? It was a great tactical move, he already won” said Sebastian, both Felipe and Francesco (the Nighthunter of Italy) were surprised by Sebastian’s comment, they couldn’t understand how being in a ten on one fight was a good idea.

“Who wants to throw the first punch? Please decide, I want to know who will be the first to fall” said Lorenzo with a mocking face, as soon as that one of the Nighthunters started to run towards Lorenzo, throwing a punch directed to his face, as Lorenzo saw the move coming, he got down and without giving his opponent any chance to react, sent a kick of capoeira directed to the man’s jaw, breaking it at the moment, seeing that his opponent couldn’t continue, Lorenzo quickly grabbed the guy and threw him out of the arena, telling the guys who caught him to get that man for medical help, then just like that, there were only 9 more enemies to go.

Lorenzo then put himself in the center of the battlefield, as soon as he did that, the rest of his opponents formed a big circle around him, he simply smiled and made a sign with his hand to tell them to come for him, at that same moment, 4 of them started to run toward him.

“Bad move” said Lorenzo as he got down to evade one punch sent by the Nighthunter that was behind him, soon after that he sent a low kick to the man’s  feet, soon after that he started to fall, as he did this, Lorenzo sent an uppercut which almost broke the man’s jaw at the instant, having taken care of that opponent, Lorenzo grabbed his enemy’s body and threw it to the rest of the Nighthunters that were there, that helped him get rid of three of them for a few moments, enough to be able to jump high and sent a kick that would help him get rid of another one by almost killing him.

Three down, 7 more to go, the adrenaline that was taking over Lorenzo was incredible, he knew that the 7 men in front of him were incredibly trained and that had mastered many different styles of martial arts, he was almost scared of the situation.

Unarmed and unnumbered Lorenzo rushed against the rest of his targets, it wasn’t easy but in the end there was only one man on his feet, Lorenzo. Lorenzo looked at the floor, all of his opponents were now unconscious and the match was now over.

Lorenzo then put his sight on Sebastian who was sitting arrogantly on his chair, now it was only the two of them and as soon as their fight was over he would finally be able to leave this goddamn place and go back to the world that he knew, the world where he belonged.

Lorenzo started to walk out of the arena, as he was leaving medical help arrived to assist the defeated Nighthunters, they would be out of action for atleast 2 months the one that were lucky, but that didn’t matter to Lorenzo, none of that did.

As Lorenzo disappeared into the shadows, Sebastian stood silent and slowly got up, as he left the room and entered his own room he noticed that there was an old man waiting for him, he was one of the monks that lived in the temple where Nighthunter had been trained by Last Arrow. “The boy is looking promising” said the old man, Sebastian only replied with a silent agreement “He better be, I’ve invested too much time on him to get all wasted” said Sebastian, as soon as that he asked the man to leave and took his clothes off, revealing a great amount of scars on both his chest and back, proves of the fights he had gone through over the ages and how failure is the best and hardest teacher.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nighthunter

thanks man

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Nighthunter

With the fight now over Lorenzo went back to his room where he would get a well deserved rest before his fight against Sebastian started, he had beaten all of his previous opponents but for some reason he felt that this one was different, that not only he was more skilled but that he also had something that woke curiosity in Lorenzo, like if there was of the man that could be seen.

As Lorenzo tried to sleep he quickly realized that he wouldn’t be able to do it, there was more happening in this place than what he knew, they may have told him the origin and purpose of the society but there may be even more, dark secrets and plans that only a few knew of.

Giving up on his attempt to sleep Lorenzo telepathically ordered his power suit to turn itself on, his body covered by the million of nanobots that composed it in just a matter of seconds, now that he was ready he left his room and started to investigate the place.

Using his great agility and stealth abilities, Lorenzo was able to move freely without being detected by the hundreds of guards or the other Nighthunters that still walked around the place on this late hour, Lorenzo knew that if any of them saw him walking around the place unsupervised everything he had down wouldn’t matter and he would be possibly killed before finding out anything more.

Something caught Nighhtunter’s attention, a monk with the same tune that the monks of the temple where he was trained by Last Arrow use was walking around the place, not only that but he also was entering a big golden gate with the use of a small key.

Waiting patiently until the man emerged back from the gate, Nighthunter slowly started to stalk the monk until he moved in a dark corner, taking that as an advantage, Nighthunter quickly and without the monk’s notice stole the key and went back to the gate.

Having opened the gate Lorenzo found a room full of super computers, in fact they were more advanced than any he had ever seen, the man or men who had invented this things had to have an intelligence that surpassed the one of any person Lorenzo knew of,  even his own.

Nighthunter ordered his power suit to hack the computer and access all of the files, however the suit wasn’t able to do it because the technology was too advanced, what Nighthunter had in front of him was technology that exceeded even his own.

“Who are theses guys?” asked Nighthunter to himself, he had gone to that place for answers but only found even more questions, that didn’t matter though as he had to return to his room before anyone noticed his absence and he also had to rest a few hours before his final fight.

The next day Lorenzo woke up, it was around 9 in the morning and his fight would start in an hour, after going to have breakfast he entered the arena where he waited for his final opponent to arrive, he didn’t have to wait much though as Sebastian arrived ten minutes later, as he arrived he took his shirt and shoes to prepare himself for the fight, just like Lorenzo did.

The climax was here, Lorenzo vs Sebastian and in the end there could be only one.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Darkchild

forgot to comment earlier but AWESOME

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By Andferne

Nice bro, can't wait to read the next part.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nighthunter

thanks Andy, DC and Aztek

aztek-lol sorry for not telling you, thought you had left the vine lol any review is well received

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sebastian and Lorenzo stood in front of each other, their eyes making contact without anything or anyone stopping it, the most important fight was about to start and Lorenzo couldn’t help but to feel strange every time he was near Sebastian, like if there was something that differentiated him from the others he had fought before, like if even when they had met for the first time there was something quite familiar, yet Lorenzo didn’t know what it was.

Without waiting any longer for the fight to start, both men made a pose to show respect to the other and so the battle began. Lorenzo was the first one to attack by running towards Sebastian and throwing a punch with his left arm to the jaw of Sebastian and then sending a kick directly to the knee.

As these attacks came closer to him, Sebastian with an arrogant look just bended his legs and moved to the left, easily avoiding the attacks of Lorenzo, without losing any second he sent a low kick that made Lorenzo lose his balance, as the hero was falling Sebastian grabbed him from his hair and punched Lorenzo’s face three times before he could release himself.

Having freed himself from the first attack of Sebastian, Lorenzo touched his face; it was full of blood that came from his nose and mouth at the same time. “How….how did you do that?” said Lorenzo, he had knowledge over 15 different combat styles and was considered one of the best fighters in the world, yet his opponent had without any problem made a fool of him, making his moves look like nothing, he had in less than 1 minute made Lorenzo bleed and confuse him at the same time, the worst part of all was the fact that he didn’t even sweat, for Sebastian, that move had been nothing.

I’m more skilled than you, more intelligent too, that’s how Sebastian said and soon after that he ran directly to where Lorenzo was standing, as he got closer he sent a kick directed to the ribs of Lorenzo and just like Sebastian expected, he put his arms there in order to block it, however before the kick made contact and as swift as lethal, Sebastian brought back his leg to the original position and punched Lorenzo in the face, almost breaking his jaw in the process.

You have only studied martial arts but never learned how to fight outside of the rules that each discipline has, in other words you need less dojo and more street. Said Sebastian, soon after that he started to walk away from Lorenzo as he thought that the fight was over, however Lorenzo wouldn’t give up so easily, he had fought the best and the worst and he had always survived, there was no way that the man in front of him would take his honor just like that.

After slowly getting up, Lorenzo started to run towards Sebastian and sent a big kick towards the back head of Sebastian, at the same time he sent with his other leg a kick to a lower position in case that Sebastian was able to avoid it so that it would be able to hit him when he got down.

Sebastian was able to turn around fast enough to seethe kick coming; he just smiled and prepared himself for the attack, as Lorenzo was coming closer, Sebastian just prepared himself for the incoming attack. Nice, that move is designed to give great damage no matter if the guy avoids it or no, if I dodge like expected you’ll just hit me with your other leg but… without losing any time, Sebastian put his arms in a defense position to protect his head, this helped him block the attack from the upcoming attack ….what happens when instead of avoiding your attack…I use it and your weight against you? And having said that, Sebastian broke his defense position to launch Lorenzo backwards.

As Lorenzo fell to the ground, he broke one of his ribs and stayed down, he had been beaten but that wasn’t enough for Sebastian, without any mercy he went to where his fallen opponent was and broke his leg so he would stay down, Lorenzo could only stay there without moving as his honor was taken away from him.

Take this pretender to his room, he has had enough for now said Sebastian as he started to put his clothes back on and left the arena where he had won as easily as Lorenzo had crushed his opponents in the past.

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#32  Edited By Andferne

Nice post NH

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Nighthunter

Having won his battle, Sebastian prepared himself to leave the arena without having any scratch, however as he prepared to leave, the beaten but still conscious Lorenzo grabbed his ankle and tried to stop him from leaving, with a cold look as a reply for this foolish move, Sebastian just kicked Lorenzo in the face and left him unconscious.

As the defeated Lorenzo was taken directly back to his room for him to recover of the battle, Sebastian just kept moving without looking back until he arrived at his room, there he found the monk waiting for him. So? How did it go? The monk asked, he knew that Sebastian had won just like he predicted, but there was more that he wanted to know.

“He did as expected, he didn’t have a chance but still was able to hold for 4 minutes and a half, more than twice than what the last one did” said Sebastian, then he went to his coffee table and started to prepare himself something to drink, as he started drinking though, he felt a small vibration on both arms and then suddenly both of them were useless,

As the cup from which Sebastian was drinking fell to the ground and broke itself in pieces, both Sebastian and the monk stood shocked without moving or saying anything for the next couple of minutes, then as quick as the cup had done, Sebastian fell too to the ground, his face being cut by the pieces of the broken cup that were still there.

The monk didn’t move because of the shock, he didn’t know what had just happened to him, Sebastian soon realized it though and the only thing that he could do at the moment was exactly what he did; with a smile formed on his face, Sebastian started to laugh like never before, he had been tricked by Lorenzo and he hadn’t been able to realize it until the last moment.

What’s so funny?” asked the monk with a worried tone, he couldn’t understand what was so amusing about the situation and Sebastian’s reaction scared the hell out of him. “HAHAHA..What’s so funny? HAHA, don’t you see it? He was able to trick me, like no one has before.” Said Sebastian, the laugh was taking over him and he just didn’t care.

As the monk got down in order to help Sebastian to get up he couldn’t help but to ask in order to fully understand what Sebastian meant, I’m afraid that I don’t understand master said the monk as he was putting Sebastian over his bed. Having calmed himself, Sebastian replied with a calm face “You see, I thought that he had been beaten without being able to do anything to me, however in the moment when I blocked his air kick; he was able to not only somehow pressing my pressure points of the arms to immobilize them, but to also press them in a way that would take a few minutes to have effect. Later, when he was beaten, he grabbed my ankle, I thought that it was just a foolish attempt to keep the fight going, however he did the same to my leg as what he did to my arms.”

The monk was now more shocked than before, somehow, Lorenzo had been able to not only exceed any of the expectations that both of them had, but also outsmart Sebastian without his knowledge. Having put Sebastian back in the bed, the monk left the room and went to the computer room where he realized that someone had touched the keyboard as there were fingerprints in it. Without losing any time, the monk started to run back to his master’s room to advertise him of the situation, as soon as Sebastian found out about this, he ordered that the room of Lorenzo would be locked as there was no doubt that it had been him.

“I don’t want anyone in or out of the facility, he can’t access the computer I designed, but we still have to know how he got in and how much he knows, got it number 188?” said Sebastian to one of the guards so he could go to the front door and say his order, then went to the room where he expected to find a harmless Sebastian, however he only found an empty room.

With a confused face Sebastian started to look around the room, the place was somehow empty and there wasn’t any trace of Lorenzo, then he quickly realized something that had skipped his mind in the moment was vital “Hold on…that guard..” said Sebastian and then quickly turned his head back to where the rest of the guards were. “Everyone back to the gates! The agent number 188 has blue eyes and the man that was here just a second ago had green ones!”

Sebastian and the rest of the agents started to run to the front gate as fast as they could, the complete facility was locked in a matter of seconds after that, however it was too late, Lorenzo had been able to escape. Taking the mask of the guard off, Nighthunter summoned his jet by using his power suit and ordered it to land 10 miles from there, calculating how long it would take the jet to arrive there and how fast he could run, Nighthunter calculated that they would arrive at the location at the same time.

As soon as he arrived, Nighthunter threw the clothes of the guard in the sand and entered his jet, as soon as he did this he took flight back to the only place where he thought that he could be safe, the dragons lair. “Good thing that I had a last sample of my 3110 serum, it recovered all of my injuries in a matter of seconds” said Nighthunter to himself as he was leaving the country. 5 hours later Nighthunter arrived at the beautiful place known as the dragons lair, as he landed he expected to be received by his teammates with cheers, however he soon realized that the place was now abandoned.

Knowing that there wasn’t anything there for him anymore, Nighthunter took flight to the only other place he had ever called home, the Zero Squad tower. He knew that Ronin had months ago restarted the team as their leader and that he had slowly made them recover their former glory.

However while he was on his way, Nighthunter decided to pay a visit to the temple where he had been trained by Last Arrow and tell them about the monk who had allied himself with the Nighthunters organization. As Nighthunter got off the plane, he noticed that there was now a golden statue in honor of his now dead teacher with the words “Heroes die, legends live forever” on it.

Paying his respects to his fallen teacher, Nighthunter went to where the monks always had meetings, once there he told them all that he had seen and how that one monk should be banned from the temple as his intentions weren’t noble, the monks confused by this reveal asked Nighthunter to leave the room as they would meditate on the subject.

Knowing that whatever was happening with the Nighthunters organization wasn’t over, Nighthunter took again flight in direction to the Zero Squad tower, as he returned though, he realized that the tower was in flames and that the team was fighting the Les Assassins Silencieux and that a baby was in Gambler’s arms.

Without losing any more time, Nighthunter jumped from his jet and assisted Ronin and the rest of the team, once everything was over, Ronin offered Nighthunter a place in the Zero Squad, an offer that he would accept.

Meanwhile on the other side of the world, Sebastian was preparing all of his stuff for the battle at hand; as he guarded the last thing he looked at the monk behind him. “I think it’s time, I’ve left this little toy to play for too long.” Said Sebastian just before he got up and went to the closet, the monk, with a nervous look couldn’t help to open his mouth, bad move. “I believe that we can still use him…you know that he is our only link with…” however the monk wasn’t able to finish because Sebastian quickly turned back and shot him in the middle of the eyes and killed him in cold blood.

“Lorenzo can’t become a threat for me or my organization; he’ll have to be dealt with, as well as any of his allies.” Said Sebastian, after that he went to his closet and grabbed a group of bandages and started to cover his face with them, it was time for him to return to the world he had abandoned so many years ago.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nighthunter

That's the end, story will be continued in an rpg next week for anyone interested

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nighthunter

thanks man, glad you like it

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Nighthunter

lol too bad then :P

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Darkchild

Awesome post Sebas didnt get to comment on it last night

Rune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Rune

Great stuff NH i Finally got to finish it and i was impressed.  I like the whole story it had a very nice flow