Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By HumanX
New X men (Intersperse)

Chapter 06

I've got my shirt off, checking out the new muscle I've got from only three week of training with Logan. He told me to take the "mr" off his name. I guess he's uncomfortable with being a teacher. I have to use Macaulay's full body mirror since I don't own any mirrors. I turn around and walk up to my bed, grabbing the shirt off of it. The door suddenly swings open and Alena and Cora are standing there. Cora's mouth falls open and Alena looks me up and down with a devilish grin. "We're sorry!" Cora snaps back to reality and slams the door shut.

Alena turns to Cora with her note pad up. 'Why'd you do that?' Is written on it. "He was half naked." Cora says, her blush still shining brightly. Alena writes 'once again' above the last sentence. "You're a pervert." Cora gives her a disappointed look. "You're worse than Macaulay." 'You know it.' Alena writes with hearts all around it.

Abigail walks around the corner and notices the two girls outside of my room. "Hey." She says. "What are you guys doing here?" 'Spying on half naked Skylar.' Alena holds up her note pad. "That's disgusting." Abigail sighs. "You two are as bad as boys." "I didn't do anything." Cora moans. 'She flung his door open.' "That was you!" 'Either way it was hot.' Cora doesn't respond. 'Told you.' "Shut up!" Cora flails in flustered anxiety. "Yea sure it was hot! I mean he's totally pumped now and it was pretty sexy! I don't know why I'm saying this!" I open my door and stick my head out, having put a shirt on. "You guys know I can hear you right?" I ask. 'Hiya sexy.' Alena smiles. "Hey. Did you guys need anything?" I ask them. "We just wanted to check up on you." Cora tells me. "You've been seeming a little down lately. My eyes involuntarily move to Abigail for a second. "No. I'm fine. Training with Logan just takes a lot out of me." 'giggidy.' Alena grins. "Sorry, but I've got more training in fifteen minutes." I tell them and they leave.

Today we're doing kendo lessons. It's supposed to help my discipline and improve my overall fighting style. I was earning Aikido yesterday. He said that was supposed to make up for my lack of physical strength…sigh... "Keep it up kid." He informs me as the bamboo stick comes down on me. "Keep up your stance and make sure keep your footing in mind." I block the swing and go in for my own attack but am blocked and disarmed. Logan knocks me back and comes in for a strike. I hold up a hand and form a katana out of ice. I block Logan's strike and get back up quickly. "Good one kid, but you're not allowed to use powers here." Logan tells me. "Didn't have much of a choice." I take my stance. I'm about to attack but Logan gets a mental call from ms.Frost. "Logan. I'm afraid that your training will have to be cut short."

Ms.Frost wanted to call me and the rest of Excelsior to her office to tell us about a small attacking mutant group in Central Park. "There are eight of them in total so you will be outnumbered." Ms.Frost informs us after we all suit up and get ready to go. "Your job is to quell this attack before anyone gets hurt and before the media can use this as anti mutant propaganda." So we're sent on a mission to a city for once. I'm kind of nervous. It's been nearly a month since I was on any missions with the rest of Excelsior.

We're land the Black Bird in Central Park and keep it in invisible mode. "What are we looking at?" Bobby asks me. "One with class fifty strength, stamina, durability and reflexes. One with flight and energy based aura. One with control over electrolytes in blood streams. One with the ability to shift their matter into gas liquid and solid. he gas is toxic. Another has strength, endurance, injury resistance and venomous gas. More strength and endurance. Technoformer specifically metal plastic and glass. Then there's one with seismic energy waves." "What's your call Abby?" Bobby asks Spector. "I would send you after the technoformer since your powers should be equally unpredictable. Vibe should go after the one with just physical power so she can take him down easier. Micro will take on the electrolytes and Impact should go for the flyer. Outburst will take the class fifty since she has more strength. Intersperse will take the venom user with super strength since he can heal himself if he's infected and I will take the shifter." "Why's Bobby taking orders from Abigail?" I ask Outburst. "You weren't there." She remembers. "Spector was made the second in command. Bobby wants her to learn how to make battle plans so he always asks her opinion." I guess I've missed a few more mission than I thought.

I spin around and shoot a blast of ice into the bush behind me. "What the hell?" Impact asks before getting knocked off his feet by the enemy. "Poison user." I let everyone know and launch an ice blast at his feet, keeping him in place. Impact tackles him down and the mutant opens his mouth. I run up and freeze the mouth closed. "He was about to kill you." I tell Impact who gets off the enemy and bumps into me on purpose. "I knew what I was doing." He grunts. The mutant goes purple and dissolves. "Clones." Iceman mutters as he looks down at the steaming pile of mutant cells. "We'll use Spector's plan and help each other when our own are taken care of. These clones dissolve after a certain amount of energy's been used so if you can't win drag the battle out." We all nod and break up to track down our targets.

My target's a purple haired woman. I create my ice sword and take a kendo stance. "Let's do it bub." I smirk. I go to strike but she shatters the sword with her hand by releasing seismic energy from it on contact. I'm kind of thrown off that my opponent is a woman. She knocks me off my feet with a kick.

Impact flies up to his opponent, floating down with his arms crossed over his chest and a cocky smirk on his face. His opponent is a scrawny blonde haired man. The man looks normal enough until he screams at Impact with an unnatural sound. Impact scoffs as he lands. “Am I supposed to be impressed?” He asks. The enemy leans back and makes a devilish grin before lunging forward activating his mutant powers.

Outburst meets up with hers first. Her opponent is a black haired female who looks at her and screeches. "I'm only asking once." Outburst tells it. "Give i and I wont hurt you." The enemy charges forward and punches her straight in the gut. Outburst swallows and gets ready for an attack. The enemy charges forward for a punch to the face. Outburst grabs the punch, knees her enemy in the stomach and pushes her to the ground. "Shouldn't tick off a girl with ju jitsu training." Outburst warns. The enemy breaks free and hops to her feet. Outburst takes her stance again.

Micro finds his enemy and walks out from the bushes. His enemy's a blonde, muscular man. "Frig." Micro sighs. "I was 'oping fr a bikini model with pheromone powers…Maybe a cat girl. Guess I jus don't have much luck." He ignites his arms with microwave radiation and gets ready. "But neither a' you bra." He fires the blast of heat and the enemy dodges. He comes in and knocks Micro to the ground. "Bad move dude." Micro's body glows red and lets out a blast of heat, burning the grass around him. Micro jumps to his feet and kicks the enemy in the face before swimming around and slamming the enemy with radiated fists. Three connect before the enemy connects a kick to Micro's stomach. It hits so strong that he feels his insides stretch to the point of breaking.

The purple haired woman grabs my jacket but I push down on the inside of her elbow and grab her hand, twisting so she falls off balance and her head comes down. She falls to her knees but hits the ground with her energy, causing it to explode into my face. I have remember what Logan taught me about fighting blind. I listen for her attacks and doge them, making sure not to get dust in my eyes. She goes to chop me but I cover my arms with ice and block it with a cross block. When she smashes through and starts another attack. This time I grab her wrist and elbow. Turning around I flip her over my shoulder and toss her on her but. I freeze her arms but she smashes the ice and flips back up. I freeze up another sword and keep her at a distance. I've got her figured out. She's a short range fighter so if I keep my distance she's at a disadvantage.

Impact is sent flying up into the air as the skinny man collides with his stomach. He tries to punch the man but his fit is deflected by the force field aura around him. Impact moves his body to the side slightly, allowing him to fall off of the flying man. He suspends himself in the air with his own flying ability and smiles as if to say that his opponent was nothing special. The enemy flies like a cannonball towards Impact. Impact goes to defend but the opponent flies over him and grabs his head, hurling him towards the ground. He pulls himself out of the freefall and turns around just in time to dodge the enemy’s next attack. This time he grabs the enemy’s leg and tosses him right into the ground. “I learnt this one wrestling with my big brother.” Impact says, floating down and picking up his enemy. Putting his head under the enemy’s shoulder Impact slips one arm around and grabs one of his legs. With the other hand he grabs the back of the blonde’s neck. He then spins and lands flat on the enemies head. “It’s called the lightning spiral.” Impact grins but the enemy is not through. He gets up and charges straight at Impact, sending them into the air again. This time Impact grabs him and flips him over his head, sending him into the ground like a comet. The enemy’s force field protects him from the counter attack and he’s right back it the air. Impact grabs him by the head and spins him around. “This is the 29.720 DDT!” He tells him, slamming him back into the ground. The enemy is unaffected. “Yer a tough B@$+@)D.” Impact smiles.

Spector makes it to her opponent. He's a male with black skin and purple lines going up and down his body. He attacks immediately, bursting into a cloud of gas but Spector fazes through and is unharmed by the poison. He tries liquids next and when that doesn't work he becomes a solid. When he does this Spector kicks him and goes in for a punch while he's caught off guard. He goes into a gas form and she fazes through it. He spreads his smoke all around her and goes in for attacks from all around but Spector closes her eyes and waits for the moment to strike. He comes out for an attack but she drops to her knees and spins, knocking him off of his feet bat he's back into gas form before she can hit him again. "It's become a waiting game." Spector thinks to herself. "If I become solid too early I might miss hi and every moment I spend in solid form I'm poisoned a little more by the gas." So she stands stationary, waiting through clouds of poison kicks and punches she knows she can't use. Waiting for her chance to strike.

The black haired woman rushes straight at Outburst but she pushes the enemy's strike away with her left hand and grabs her throat with her right, pushing back and knocking the enemy to the ground. She then pulls the woman's arm and wraps her legs around it, dropping to the ground and pulling.The enemy kicks up and strikes Outburst, knocking her away. Outburst flies forward before she gets hit with another strike. The strike hits the ground and it cracks beneath the force.

This time when she comes at me I grab her elbow and wrist like before but this time I twist and bring her to her knees. I move my hand to her shoulder and start freezing her over. she jabs two fingers into her shoulder, blowing it up.

The gas man makes a move. He goes to strike from the upper right of Spector's head. she steps back just in time and becomes solid. She then flips and kicks the enemy in the face, knocking him out of the rest of the cloud. She takes this chance and grabs him pushing him back into the ground with a chop. "My taekwondo training is helping me a lot with this battle." She comment in her head. "It was a good idea to study up on fighting styles. I feel way more useful now." When her chop connect the poison man bursts into liquid and  tries to impale her but she's already fazing through.

Vibe makes her way to her clone. She meets him by a fountain and makes the first strike against the blondish brown haired man. She sends a resounding wave of sonic energy at the giant man but he seems unaffected and walks forwards. Vibe throws up both of her fists in front of her face and kicks straight up but the enemy's not effected by the kick as he lumpers towards her.

The next strike coming at Outburst is a straight forward punch which she grabs and flips her opponent with. Outburst then punches the other woman in the gut and the creature lets out an agonized moan. "Don't get back up." Outburst tells it but it takes advantage of the opportunity to grab Outbursts head between her legs and toss her. As Outburst is flying out of control the black haired woman comes in and strike her in the stomach. Outburst grabs the hand on her stomach and turns , spinning her opponent and making her take the blunt of the impact with the ground as well as an elbow in the chest. The clone is breathing heavily as it gets to its knees shakily. It wont take much more to end this battle. It goes in for one last desperate attack but Outburst grabs the fist and ducks down and uppercuts the clones jaw and spinning around. She grabs the fist with both hand and pulls down, nearly snapping the clones arm, then spinning around she kicks the clones stomach, keeping her hands on the fist. With the spin finished Outburst pulls down on the arm, brining the clone to its back and punching it in the chest. The clone breathes heavily for a moment before dissolving.

The smoke man starts using his water form more often now and has all but abandoned using gas. "Running low?" Spector asks him. "That's what you get for changing form so often. Your molecular structure should be pretty weak with a power like that. I checks out all of the notes my teachers made o you clones and I'd say there's about twelve seconds until you run out completely." The creature turns to solid form to conserve energy. "Good job." Spector tells it. "Now it's thirty seconds. Solids are more packed together than liquids so your deterioration will take a bit longer." It runs into a final charge, ready to attack with all it's got. Spector fazes through it and looks back at the cringing creature on the ground. She looks away from it. "It's your fault for attacking without considering how much energy you're using." She tells it but falls to her knees as it dissolves, tears running from her face. "It's your fault." She cringes on the ground.

Vibe dodges a fatal blow and fires a wave of sonic vibrations at the ground, knocking the enemy from his feet. With that she jumps on top of his chest and puts her hands to his ears, releasing her sonic powers into the screaming man's ears. The creature knocks her away, completely disoriented and stumbles around. Vibe runs up and jumps on its back, starting up her powers again, this time shaking the creatures body down to its molecules. The clone screams out in pain and its body liquifies as each of its molecules are flung out of place.

The clone moves closer to Micro, ready to end their battle. He reaches down and ignites Micro's blood. "No!" Micro calls out in burning agony. "I can't take it! Make it stop! Make it stop!" Micro reaches up and hand towards the enemy's face. "Psych!" He smirks wildly as heat bursts from his hand, engulfing the enemy's head. Micro punches straight forward spin kicks the clone back. "I'm an x man ya moron." He says, getting to his feet. "We don't beg you for mercy, you beg us." He hold out his palm and lets out another blast of microwave energy. "Wonder if the others won this easy? Gonna have ta thank mr.LeBeau for the acting lesions. Here I thought they'd just be f'r gettin' girls."

With one arm she's not much of a fight anymore. I freeze her arms and legs again and again until she is so tired she can barely stand. She gets ready to come at me again so I forge another ice sword and get into stance. She runs at me and I lift the sword in the air. Her hand meets my blade and she falls to the ground, her dissolving blood vaporizing on the icy tip. The blade dissipates along with my enemy. I take a breath and get back to the others.

Impact decides to finish it off with one move and when the enemy lunges forward he kicks him straight in the face before he can start his force field and the creature cries out as its energy depletes.

We're all pretty quiet in the Black Bird on the way back. Cora shift beside me uncomfortably. "Well, I don't know why you're all so moody." Impact lays back in his seat. "We kicked some major clone butt today." "True." I smile, trying to forget the feeling of a body's weight on my sword. Being an x man is harder than I thought it would be. I imagined a heroes life of fighting crime and going home with no one knowing my secret identity but so far I haven't helped anyone. I've just been used as a solider in war after war. I'd like to take out a fire or bust up a super villain meeting. It's pretty quiet the rest of the way back.

Back at the school I lay on my bed, enjoying the hour of peace I have before being called in for secondary afternoon training. I hear a knock on the door. "Come in." I call out and Abby walk in through the door. "Hey." She says, wiping a few strands of hair from her face. "What's up?" I ask her. "I just felt like talking." She looks around uncomfortably. "Did it seem right to you? Taking them out like that." "They where clones." I tell her. "Do you believe that's right?" She asks me. "No." I answer honestly. "But I did it. I'm still trying to figure out why." I catch a glimpse of her smiling at me. "You're a really good person." She tells me. "Not really." I tell her, looking up at the ceiling. "I've been doing a lot of bad things lately." "You're just trying to help." She tries to convince me. "Thanks." I tell her, not completely convinced. She's about to leave but turns to me with a smile. "I know you have a lot to think about but when you're done we can talk about anything you want. I really like having you on the team, so don't stay sad too long." "Thanks." I say back, feeling a little better. "You're a good person too." She stops and looks back at me. "And I like being on the team." She smiles and leaves me alone. I'm spending an awful lot of time laying in my room alone lately.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Hmmmm. I may be wrong but I'm guessing that Mr. Sinister has something to do with the clones.