Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By HumanX
New X men (Intersperse)

Chapter 01

"I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you…" En Sabah Nur.

I'm not ordinary. That's something I've known since I was a child. I like different things and I've never fit in with any of the schools I've been too. Must be the super long hair or my all encompassing interest in heroes and the supernatural...or because I have no social interest whatsoever. Either way I've always been different. This was the night I found out how different.

The night sky was cloudy and I could barely make out the shining image of the moon behind them. I was exhausted since I had to actually go outside today. I've spent the last month in my room reading comics and I was all out so I bought a few. I'm glad I wasn't at home because of what happened next. When I'd heard about Sentinels on TV I never thought I'd see one in real life. The moon peeks through the clouds just enough to let me see the towering metal giant glaring at me from above. The weight of it's large metal feet as it settles on the surface of the road shake the ground. It's taller than the buildings and it's glowing robotic eyes make it look like a monster from a cheesy horror film. It's amazing how terrifying a cheesy horror monster can be  when it's real. I freeze, completely paralyzed in fear and utter amazement. Right now I am living the coolest dream I've had since that one about figuring out I was a norse god and joining the Avengers, but being crushed by a giant robot's cool too. It reaches out for me, electric currents flowing through the circuits of steely fingers. A flash of red light erupts against purple steel and those ominous fingers that once threatened my life fall to the ground. I fall back from the shock and land on my butt. My eyes widen at the once in a lifetime sight I see in front of me. A burst of wind picks up around me and I hear the sound of large metal blades whirling in the wind behind me. “Don't worry.” A crimson spark blazes at the edge of a yellow visor. “We're here to help you.” I've seen the man talking to me on TV before. He's part of the X Men, A group of mutant terrorists from America. At least that's what it said on the news. I don't really pay attention since I  only watch the news to see people using cool superpowers. But this is real. A lot realer than a bunch of guys a Country away fighting in a little box. The man grabs the side of his visor and another beam erupts from the lens, piercing the sentinel's thick plated chest in a burst of smoke and debris. The monstrosity falls to the ground, glowing eyes fading and eventually going out completely. “You overdid it Summers.” Another man calls out from behind me. I look back at a large black shape in the sky. It's in the shape of a giant X and coming closer to the ground. I'd like to tell you what happened next and if I could tell what happens when I go unconscious I would but at that point everything went black.

When I woke up I was in what looked like a hi tech hospital from something like Star Trek or something. I put a hand to my aching head and groan. "A mild headache is too be expected." I jolt up at the sound of a woman's voice beside be. "It's a good thing you woke up. We where ready to tell your parents that you where no longer with the living." The woman is dressed (if you can call it that) in a completely white outfit that looks like it's supposed to make an X shape. Beside her are two men. One is a short guy with spiky hair and the other is a stern looking man with red glasses. I recognized the glasses guy from last night. "I guess we can finally get introductions underway." The woman crosses her legs, her light blue painted lips in a smirk. "My name is Emma Frost and this is Logan and Scott Summers. I am the current acting headmaster at this school, the Xavier Institute." "I'm Skylar Medley." I tell her, blushing a little. "In this school we find exceptional young students such as yourself and provide a suitable learning environment for" Scott starts but Emma interrupts him. "What mr. Summers is trying to say is that this is a school for mutants. People with extraordinary gifts. Here we teach you how to control your powers and to learn to adapt to the changing world around you. That thing you saw last night was a Sentinel. They hunt down and capture mutants like you and I." I think there's a reason she leans in a little when she says that. Probably easier to control the guys that come in here if she leans in while wearing that…I think you can still consider it a top. "If you where wondering, I'm a telepath." She places a hand on her chest then points to each of the men beside her. "Mr. Summers has laser eyes and Logan has regeneration." "What do I have?" I ask her, getting excited. "We don't know yet." Emma smiles at me. "It could be that you're a late bloomer or that your powers are something that requires a stimuli." She could've said trigger or something without alternate meanings. "Then, you're all teachers here?" I ask her. "Yes. But we will not be your specific teachers. Your teacher is currently conducting introductions with his group of possible students and was not able to attend." Scott answers. "We will, however have you meet him at the first possible time." "But first, would you like to take a tour of the school? Or do you feel too tired?" Emma asks me. I hop out of the bed, unable to control my beaming smile. "I am so ready to go now."

I got the whole run down about mutants and stuff, along with the history of the X Men. And that is how I got here, standing in a line of mutants looking around the coolest school I've ever seen and getting totally stoked about being a mutant. Apparently my parents where contacted when I was out cold and they accepted pretty easily when they learned I was a mutant. Most people would think that's kind of cruel but they know how much I love this stuff so I'm sure they just wanted me to be with other people with superpowers. One girl shows up late. I think her name was Noriko. The intro goes pretty normal, like any other…Until we got to the Danger Room. I start geek-ing out but the late girl starts mouthing off to miss. Frost. I'm loving the hi-tech stuff in this school but I'm not so sure about how I like the people. I always have trouble adjusting to new places so I guess it'll pass.I got to be introduced to my teacher the next day.

I felt a stream of cold running throughout my body when I woke up. I grip my sheets uncomfortably. I started to feel things, energy signatures or something. I felt like I knew where every student in the institute was all at once. I felt like I could reach out and touch them and I knew their powers, all of them. It feels like my body's freezing over too. I'm shaken from the trance that strange sensation had dragged me into by a knocking on my door. "Come in." I call out and a blonde man walks in with a big grin on his face. His grin transforms into a smirk when he sees my room covered in a coating of ice. "Whoops. Guess I should've asked if your powers woke up, huh?" He asks me. "I did this?" I ask him, a little scared and a little excited. "Well, you're the only one here. But I gotta admit, when I got my powers I just got the shivers and iced over a few dorks who wheer picking on me, but you managed your whole room. I'm Robert Drake by the way, call me Bobby. I'll be your new teacher. Our team's called Excelsior. Cool name huh? So if ya want to ice down this room we can go meet the rest of the team and get you suited up." "I don't know how." I tell him, a little freaked out. Bobby quickly teaches me how to turn the ice back to normal and shows me to the Danger Room. I'm glad I have a teacher with the same power as me. My suit's pretty cool. It has a jacket to it and is decorated with a yellow x. I notice in the mirror across from me that my hair had gone purple and my eyes red. Well, I guess I look like a mutant now. When exactly did that happen? I guess my mutant gene activated last night or something. After getting dressed in the locker room I head out to meet my teammates, which I wasn't looking forward too. The whole new people thing. When I meet them Bobby introduces me as Intersperse. One of them tries to introduce himself and I suddenly blurt out his powers without thinking. "Superhuman strength, speed, and endurance along with flight capabilities." I guess I was a bit nervous. "So you've got more than ice powers huh?" Bobby says chuckling.

Emma Frost whirls around and plants her butt on her desk. "It's more than sensory." She pulls my file out from a folder and hands it to Bobby. "I took the liberty of doing a scan on his x gene while he was still asleep. It's similar to Rogue's in that he has the ability to copy other mutant abilities. The difference is that he keeps the abilities he finds indefinitely. Also, from what I can make out, he can only copy the abilities of Omega-level mutants such as yourself. I would like you too figure out what his range and control is." "Sounds cool." Bobby gets up and gives the file back to Emma. "Should be easy getting him to test out a power like that." "Also, Scott is getting all nervous about Skylar's powers. he thinks he's going to pop like a ballon if he gets too much strength. I want you to know what you think after the month." "Sure thing boss lady." Bobby salutes. When the door is closed Bobby thinks for a second. "Hm. Doesn't Dannie have an Omega level on her team?" He smirks. "I wonder what they're doing tomorrow."

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By The Impersonator

Cool story.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By TypingKira

Great work!  

I love the way you incorporated the entire marvel U into the story, like dreaming about being Norse Gods and the Avengers and the X-Men as terrorists on TV. Well done.  So far your character is coming off as a shy, but good-natured young guy who seems just a little naive. 

So far this is a well thought out story, my only complaint is that you need to separate your paragraphs more so that they're easier to read and understand. Dialogue of different characters goes on different lines, and a paragraph should only last about three to five sentences. It's more space but I'm a strong believer in quality rather than quantity.