New to Fan-fic, looking for ideas to help start

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godabed

I'm not a writer, but i have a lot of ideas for some of the characters i like.  And I'm told i have a warped imagination, so i think that would make for a great story. But being new to this, i am looking for things to maybe help in the development of my story (devices or tips), and maybe somethings to stay away from (plot-wise).

Thanks

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Well, you can write a brief introduction of the story and characters you like. For example, if you're planning to write a story. You can include those characters and give themselves a brief and short description. Most of the time, I write the introduction first and then write the story. It's not entirely necessary but I believe this can help you write the story you wanted. I'll give you a link here so you can see how it has been setup. This is just an introduction of the Iron Man fan-fic series. :)

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/iron-man-the-cluster-chronicles/623015/

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Godabed
@The Impersonator: thank you very much, and that is a great idea. And thank you for the link.
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By CapFanboy

@Godabed: It's important, when writing fan-fic that you stay true to the character. Yes, it is all about putting your own spin on the characters you like but you have to keep it believable and interesting at the same time, something that is very difficult to do. I recommend you check out the Fan-Fiction rules before you get started, the Feedback joint if you want tips on how to improve stories you've already posted, and the Marvel: Genesis project if you're a Marvel fan later on.

Wish you luck,

-Cappie.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#5  Edited By The Impersonator

@Godabed: No problem! :)

InnerVenom123