Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Yeah, I created my own hero ...

No Caption Provided

Name: Omar Boman

Original Name: Omari (Adio) Bomani / (High Born, Righteous, Warrior)

Alias: Civil Rite

(Civilsuggestsaminimumofobservanceofsocialrequirements /easeofapproachandfriendliness /positive,dignified,sincere,andthoughtfulconsiderationforothers /habitualcourtesy,arisingfromaconsciousnessofone'strainingandthedemandsofgoodmanners.)

(Rite suggests a test or obstacle / an accomplishment or badge / an ancient ritual or mystical trial / a final prayer or chant before passing / rite of passage / a mark of mystic authority and/or maturity)

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 287lb

Age(s): originally - 2050 yrs, currently (post reincarnation) - 34 yrs

Ethnicity: African-American (African-Egyptian)

Birth-Date(s): November 1st, 1013 BC. - Died 1063 AD. - Reincarnated November 1st, 1978 AD.

Birth Place(s): Cairo, Egypt / Dakota City, USA

Power(s): Magic based -

No Caption Provided

Tier 1 (Street Level)- Hypnotism, Illusions, Super Agility (10 Ft-50 Yards), Super Strength (1-50 Tons), Super Speed (100-500 Mph), Super Durability (Missile Level-Nuke Level), Fighting Skills (Martial Arts Mastery/100-500 Years EXP), Summoning, Healing, Invisibility, Barriers, Energy Blasts (Tank- Busting)

No Caption Provided

Teir 2 (High Meta)- Flight, Super Strength (100 Tons-500,000 Tons), Super Speed (Mach 10-Mach 50), Telepathy (City Wide), Fighting Skills (Omni-Earth Style Mastery/1,000-5,000 years EXP), Empathy (City Wide), Energy Blasts (City Busting), Constructs, Transmutation (Low Level), Telekinesis, Shape Shifting, Absorption, Super Durability (Continental), Super Endurance (1-5 Weeks), Super Senses

No Caption Provided

Tier 3 (Herald)- Flight, Teleportation, Super Strength (100,000 Thousand Tons-500,000 Billion Tons), Super Speed (1xFTL-50xFTL), Telepathy (Planetary), Empathy(Planetary), Energy Blasts (Planetary), Constructs, Transmutation (Mid Level), Telekinesis (Continental), Shape Shifting, Absorption, Super Durability (Super Nova), Super Endurance (1-5 Months), Super Senses, Right Eye of Ra (Nova Level Heat Vision), Left Eye of Horus (Moon Gravity Manipulation), Seth's Sekhem Scepter (Storm Manipulation)

No Caption Provided

Tier 4 (Silver Age/Classic)- Cosmic Knowledge/Intelligence of Thoth's Scroll, Time Travel/Manipulation, Matter Manipulation/Creation of Amun's Ankh(Sub-Atomic), Sycamore Leaf of Isis, @batkevin74 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: He's like Thor, Shazam, Dr Strange & Dr Fate rolled into one. WAY POWERFUL, almost too powerful. Write a story, post it up, see how he plays out. I say do it :)

Dimension Dumping, Reanimation, Resurrection, Soul Purification, Banishment, Polymorphic Transmutation, Super Strength (10 Sextillion Tons-50 Octillion Tons), Super Speed (100xFTL-500,000xFTL)Right Eye of Ra (Nova Level Heat Vision), Left Eye of Horus (Moon Gravity Manipulation), Seth's Sekhem Scepter (Storm Manipulation), Ma'at's Feather (Holy Judgement)

No Caption Provided

Tier 5 (Skyfather)- Sun Power of Ra, Destructive Power of Sekhmet, Sky/Air/Wind Power of Nut, Music and Sound Powers of Hathor, Bastet's Cat Powers, Earth Power of Geb, Osiris's Power Over Death, Anubis's Power of Embalming/Sealing, Isis's Magic Power (which encompasses most of his other magic powers), Wisdom of Thoth, Horus's Gravitational Power, Seth's Power Over Storms, Ma'at's Justice/Judgement, and Amun's Power of Creation

Class: High street level at base - Skyfather at peak

I already finished his back-story, and I am starting on his current story soon .... If you like the character, great. Think he's over powered? Who cares ... most of his upper limits come at the cost of his own physical and mental health as well as burnt out magic so G.O.I. (get over it)

He is pretty original, references from theology and other magical characters obviously, but other than that he's completely my idea (especially the name).

Should I release the contents of his story? I am afraid to cuz my completely original story might get infringed upon (copyright infringement) and profited from by someone else who's too lazy to make their own character/story ... so yeah what are you guys thoughts on that?

Bane_of_sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Bane_of_sith

That's all comics need, another over powered character who is nearly omnipotent...I have an idea for a character too. His name is affirmative action. He's black and puerto rican and does everything your character can do only better.....I wouldn't worry about anyone stealing this idea,

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Bane_of_sith said:

does everything your character can do only better.....I wouldn't worry about anyone stealing this idea,

I doubt that

@Bane_of_sith said:

That's all comics need, another over powered character who is nearly omnipotent...

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Think he's over powered? Who cares ... most of his upper limits come at the cost of his own physical and mental health as well as burnt out magic so G.O.I. (get over it)

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Trodorne

so what sort of negative effects do you expect for using higher grades of magic?

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Trodorne said:

so what sort of negative effects do you expect for using higher grades of magic?

Exhaustion, immense strain on the body or mind depending on the type of magic used, burning out due to overuse etc. That sort of thing, and if he enhances his abilities through magic to their peak at lower tiers, he won't be able to expend more magic to the other physical stats. He also wouldn't be able to heal after wards due to burnout ....

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Trodorne

so what about the spells themselves? are they all just verbal and somatic gestures? or is there spell components?

Avatar image for jackson_hartley
Jackson_Hartley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Jackson_Hartley

Any writer or artist who doesn't want his work stolen has only to do one thing: Don't show it.

If you actually have intentions on trying to break this character of yours into the comic world, try your luck there first. I'd tone him down first; he has way too much going on, power-wise. In the comic world, simplicity has its benefits. Sure, he's like Doctor Strange - pulling random spells out of his butt when he needs them - but even Strange has his limits.

Just my opinion of course.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@Trodorne said:

so what about the spells themselves? are they all just verbal and somatic gestures? or is there spell components?

Some spells are hand waves, but he was taught like a conventional magician early on so a few would incorporate the use of "magic words" or special gestures. Some spells are tactile spells, some spells actually are derived from the cloth around his hat, others come directly out of the hat. His character is based around the idea of a magic hat, much like mickey mouse was in one of his animations.

@Jackson_Hartley said:

Any writer or artist who doesn't want his work stolen has only to do one thing: Don't show it.

True, but that defeats the purpose of actually presenting the character unless it is done in complete privacy.

@Jackson_Hartley said:

If you actually have intentions on trying to break this character of yours into the comic world, try your luck there first.

Well, I'm not really "trying" to make him a legit character, perhaps if i decided to go that far but I'm not right now. I'm just developing him so that he can either be used in the battles forum or in a fan-fic.

@Jackson_Hartley said:

I'd tone him down first; he has way too much going on, power-wise. In the comic world, simplicity has its benefits. Sure, he's like Doctor Strange - pulling random spells out of his butt when he needs them - but even Strange has his limits.

Just my opinion of course.

Well, in the first tier he mainly displays simple and common attributes of a traditional Magician, all the other stats are magic based and come at the expense of magic which I find unique to him since most people's stats are regularly like that and that keeps him at street level. Second tier he becomes more powerful so that he can contend with higher ranked meta beings to show growth and experience, he'd be around Hulk level or Wonder Man level etc. Later on he simply just gains more power from the Egyptian Gods (like Thor or Wonder Woman do) and by herald he is at Thor/Superman level. And everyone has a classic/silver age, as well as everyone having an omnipotent moment. But perhaps thats what needs to change to make my character truly original. Also most of his powers are presented in the game I created him in, which would make his powerset, not too crazy.

But you're opinion is welcome indeed.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@Ancient_0f_Days: He's like Thor, Shazam, Dr Strange & Dr Fate rolled into one. WAY POWERFUL, almost too powerful. Write a story, post it up, see how he plays out. I say do it :)

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Trodorne

@batkevin74 said:

that

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@batkevin74 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: He's like Thor, Shazam, Dr Strange & Dr Fate rolled into one. WAY POWERFUL, almost too powerful.

Well, Boman has been learning magic from Zatanna, Zatara, Shazam, Dr. Fate and Etrigan as well as Circe, Felix Faust, Black Adam (due to his connection with Isis's magic and Egyptian heritage), Brother Blood and Neron during and after a Brainiac invasion. He was in the Justice League during the invasion but did his own thing afterwards and became an anti hero by helping both hero and villain factions as well as coming in contact with the Phantom Stranger and the Spectre who he had met in Egypt during his past life.

So it's pretty understandable how he knows all that magic, along with the run in with Trigon he had when the league called him back and they had to stop Trigon again. After Trigon was defeated, Boman tried to absorb his magic and ended up corrupting his soul by Trigon's magic entering it. He got a massive power boost and started absorbing as many magic users (hero and villain alike) as he could through either force or trickery, getting more powerful along the way. He took down the JLA and the ILA (injustice league of america), stalemated Nabu, but was overwhelmed when Shazam (the wizard), Neron and Mordru hopped in After they defeated and restrained him, the Spectre showed up and exorcised Trigon from Boman's soul (purifying it in the process), banished Tirgon back to his realm and gave everyone their magic back. But he punished Boman for starting this whole crisis in the first place by taking away the magic cloth around his hat (the Khaldun Chike, meaning immortal power of the gods) thus stripping him of his magical powers and exposing his crime to his former colleagues in the JLA and associates in the ILA and was excommunicated from both as a result.

Some time afterwards, the Egyptian gods appeared to him and after another crazy adventure restored his original powers by granting him their ancient relics such as the Scroll of Thoth, Right Eye of Ra, Left Eye of Horus, Tree of Isis, Scepter of Seth etc ... and later was granted the full power of the Egyptian gods, no longer requiring the relics. That's when he became a skyfather.

So basically, Tier 1 and 2 are where he is at normal hero status, 3 and up is when he becomes a beast. But it is understandable now that it is explained.

@batkevin74 said:

Write a story, post it up, see how he plays out. I say do it :)

Way ahead of you, I already finished writing his backstory, started on his solo series, and I am playing through his JLA series during the Brainiac invasion. It's going to be a long process but its gonna be fun to write. Thanks for your support.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By batkevin74

@Ancient_0f_Days: You can justify anything. A character of mine; Warstar from Marvel Iron Age (you should read it, it's awesome...go on, I'll wait....doop-doo-doo-do-doop) he's a gay mutant Native American who has become the Sorceror Supreme and just gotten a hold of Loki's hammer Stormcaster. Now THAT'S a lot of power for one person and it's going to change his life dramatically, put him on a whole new level. Why does he have all these things; well it fits with the story. Is he going to keep them all: hell NO! It's just too much. It's like giving Dr Doom the Infinity Gauntlet, whilst very cool, it'll only work being cool for a limited amount of time. Your guy seems like Superman AND Dr Fate AND Shazam AND Black Adam at the same time and nigh on impossible to 1) beat & 2) have regular villains who challenge him (like Superman)

But yeah, write it up, post it and I'll read it :)