My idea for an original hero team

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RedLantern2814

So I was thinking about trying to make a Super-Hero team that was both original, but also interesting. Now this is a rough draft of my ideas for the members and what their powers are. I would love some input!

The first member of the team, and team leader/founder, is Ana Grayson.

Ana's power is that she can always tell when people are telling the truth and when they are lying. Now this power may not seem very impressive, but it has aided Ana gain a solid career in helping innocent people in prison gain exoneration. Of course with any power there is a downside and that is, besides the obvious unpleasantness that comes from too much honesty, she herself lacks the ability to lie. She is a very decent person and is the foundation for the team.

The second member of the team, and team Tank, is Vincent Walker

Vince's power is that he is a human voodoo doll that can sustain any injury. Essentially he could be shot, stabbed, blown up, etc and his body would mend almost immediately; yet his attacker would sustain the injury. This fact makes Vince virtually immortal and causes anyone who fights him to essentially be on a suicide mission. However, there is a draw back. Aside from being a rather inconvenient magnet for bad luck; Vince also feels the pain of every injury. Now as a man he is a rather cynical sort and he is very much prone to drinking. He lives off of his sporadically wealthy roommate and tends to go out of his way to do the right thing; all while complaining about doing it. He is the member of the team that is the first to jump on the grenade (and milk that for all it's worth after for free stuff).

The last member of the team, and the Team Wild Card, is Mike Anderson

Mike's powers essentially stem from his ability to walk the path of luck. He is able to discern what to do when in order to achieve success in his ventures. However, in all things there is a balance and the higher Mike goes on the path of good luck the harsher the fall when his debt is paid to the universe. Fortunately, as luck would have it (pun intended), he has become antiquated with a man who is not only a magnet for bad luck, but is physically able to withstand all the the abuse it can offer. So for the small price of funding Vince's minimalist life; Mike is able to enjoy the utmost benefits. As a man he is rather focused on himself. He is a man who lives in the moment and hopes to squeeze every last drop of joy out he can. Morally he doesn't care so much about doing what's right/wrong but on what brings him enjoyment. He will not willfully inflict pain on others however if he can convince someone to bare pain for his pleasure; he will indulge that to the max.

So that is my rough draft for my team. At the early days they will meet when Ana is trying to exonerate someone falsely imprisoned for murder charges. The series will, at least initially, focus on the trio taking cases wherein they try to discover who the guilty party is while freeing the wrongly convicted.

Thoughts?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Hmm interesting ideas indeed, I say go for it and give me a call out if/when you need help/have an issue out

Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

sounds interesting

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: @impurestcheese: Thanks! I actually was going to pitch this idea to an artist I was going to try to work with, but that fell through. Still I'll always have good old comicvine lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@redlantern2814:

Cool Concept.

1- Ana Grayson looks alike Daredevil in terms of characther which isnt a bad thing.

2- Are they working outside of the law as vigilantes while helping people or they just do things by the law?

3- Do they belong into known Universe?

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: 1) Well she isn't a martial artist or lawyer; but she does share the more heartfelt side of Matt Murdock!

2) Well Ana works as an investigator for this group called The Innocents Project and essentially investigates people who are allegedly falsely imprisoned. If she meets them and see's they are genuine; she investigates to try to find something the lawyer can use to help get the person exonerated. Vince and Mike start helping her after they all meet/greet

3) Nope. Fresh universe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern2814: It was just to help you and you didnt explain much about your idea.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedLantern2814

@vitalius: Well what I have said so far is the foundation. Right now I am trying to think of things like

1) What are they going to do? The case of the week set up is really just to flesh out the characters, but where do I take them from there?

2) Do I explain their powers origins? If so, how do I go about it?

3) Should I introduce more powered people and if so should I create villains?

Stuff like that. What do you think?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redlantern2814: 1- You do both or maybe mixed, giving a plot the arc and also flesh out the characthers. But in first cases, you should focus on flesh out the characthers and universe around it.

2- Depends if it´s important to the story but if want to introduce people with powers, it should be a explanation about how people with power exist.

3- I think the villiains should be criminals and maybe people connected with the mafia or other people who dont want the group to be successful on the cases. Powers could be great to explore a characther maybe a Assassin with invisiblity powers or enhanced senses or hacker that can comunicate with machines like your characthers can use their powers on their job.

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vitalius: I will keep that in mind and try to write out the first part of the series!!! Thanks for the advice!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@redlantern2814: Ana: (asides from the last name which is that of Nightwing and Invincible) strikes me as a woman who rarely speaks except when she means too. Casual chit-chit and banter don't work for her. Of the three I like her the best and why she is hanging around with the other two is beyond me, unless she's sleeping with one or both of them

Write it up!

RedLantern2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RedLantern2814

@batkevin74: Well you would be right that she is less comedic and more to the point than the other two; however she is friends with the others after Vince takes a bullet for her and she is curious about the aftermath of him taking that bullet (he healed and shooter dead). From there she gets to know the two better and they become a team.

That's what I have as a foundation anyway