My idea for a Thor/Asgardian story arc

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By TypingKira

Okay, so my fav Thor-related character is Balder. Balder haters, quiver in fear. I will strike you down with a thousand mjolnirs (which is super overkill because just one mjolnir would kill you so hard). Any way, anyone who's read about Norse mythos knows that Balder had a wife named Nanna, who was a princess. She died in a plethora of different ways, because hey, dying just one way doesn't happen in mythology. You gotta have a different story for everywhere you go.   
The idea is that during the Siege event, a little bit is retconned so that a mortal girl from Broxton ran into Asgard while everything was falling (literally) to pieces, and tried to pull various good guys out of the rubble.  
We meet our funky little Heroine, Amber Theresa Martin, or 'Anthy', while she's watching the Avengers on the news. We learn that she's normal and mortal and loves to play a video game called There's a Zombie Stealing My Car. She hangs out with some kids who are secretly Asgardian citizens, sneaking down to midgard and mingling with everyone In a bigger twon a few miles away from Broxton. Asgard is clearly in view on the horizon, and she started to remember seeing her heroes, Captain America and Bucky and Thor and Iron Man. The warriors three are sent to go get them and they recognize her, then tell everyone in Asgard they saw her.  
 Various convinient things happen, and we learn that the Norn stones were gathered up and used in some freaky death ray by some bad guy. I dont' know who, who cares. Norman osborn, do anything for ya?  
Anyway, we find out that Nanna has come back to life in the form of Anthy, and that now our little Anthy is destined to be some super awesome asgardian hero.  Balder begins to fall for her, and he wonders if it's because she is like Nanna, or because she values him more as a friend than a leader or a hero.  Meanwhile, Thor, Heimdall, Sif, and the warriors three begin to put her through this big, huge, awesome asgardian training regimen, training her to be the hero that she was predicted to be.  
Karnilla hears about her and sends spies to see that Balder is getting too comfortable with her, and decides that Anthy's a threat to her relationship (y'know, the essentially nonexistent one?) with Balder. She'd be an enemy too, or at least a serious threat. 
Anthy would be about 15, maybe 16, kinda short, loud, sarcastic, with messy black hair and too many freckles (but minimal tan). I like hazel eyes, so she has those too. 

This has been eating away at me all day, and now that I've got it off my chest, what do you think? Really, I just wanted to put it out there and get it done so that I didn't have to think about it and focus on my real writing. Thanks for checking out this post!  

brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By brantumbo

i would read it if you made it.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TypingKira

How about writing it in storybook format in fanfiction? 

stuamerica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By stuamerica

I like it.  Anytime you can tie the old myths and legends in and still keep in the continuity is cool.  I think 15 or 16 might be a bit young, however.  Other than that, I would definitely read the story arc (or at least the eventual TPB).

brantumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By brantumbo

like if you wrote it? or you want that i should write this?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator

Cool, I really like. Though, I am a big Balder fan too, I like you like him, and actually know about him, I also like your main protagonist as well. Very spirited, very cute, Though uh, I am sort of not so with, the ambiguity with Anthy and Balder? Mystery is good, but Anthy is way too young I personally think to incorporate as potentially being Nanna? Maybe she could be or invoke the spirit of Forseti? Who granted was a boy, but this would help create intrigue on the part of Balder. It would grant his protectiveness of Anthy as well, and Balder could view himself as her guardian? Her destiny would remain the same, as in being the kickass Asgardian hero. Or, if you still wanted to go the Balder falling for her angle and that she is Nanna, maybe just bump her age up a little to twenty something?  

Oh please don't take this as criticism, and its just a suggestion lol, that was just the only thing that took me out of the story. i couldn't find that part believable. Balder possibly falling for her, even if he knew or thought it was his lost reincarnated lover. I really liked everything else though a lot. 

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TypingKira
@SC: I like the idea of Balder falling for someone younger (when you're ninety gajillion eons old, there's no such thing as a lolita), seeing as how someone too much older just doesn't have that youthfulness I see Balder being drawn to. I wouldn't want it to be creepy, or nasty or anything. I'd want it to be more like kind of a passive romance, maybe a litlte overprotection on Balder's part that makes Anthy want to punch him in the jeans.  

I like the idea of a girl having the spirit of the boy, but I also want to give Balder a romantic edge, considering that the only sides we see in the heroic age comics are him being a king and a fighter. But I see Anthy as being very boyish, adding to the credibility of her being this warrior type hero.  

Would 17 be a little better?  I have other reasons for her being that young.  

By the way, does anyone know how the weather would be in OK?
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Gambit1024

I like it. I'll totally read it if it's made

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TypingKira
@brantumbo: I think I'd like to write it myself, like as a side project for when I can't focus on my main one. I've read that it's one way to stay focused. And I think that maybe this might be a good opportunity to get my writing out there, too.  

BTW, I love your icon. 
~The Wanderer~

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ~The Wanderer~

Nice work :)

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TypingKira
@~The Wanderer~: Thanks!
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TypingKira

I'm working on it right now and will try to get chapter 0 up either today or tomorrow. But I'm not gonna get too super committed to it. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SC  Moderator
@TypingKira: Sort of depends, its not really Balder's age that is the problem, because as you say, at his age, I mean lol, his choice is extremely limited. its more so her age, because Balder should, being as old as he is, realize she is at a very important stage of a persons life, and her identity hasn't really formed yet. She hasn't grown into herself yet. Oh, but also important? Depends on the feel, and context of the story, I think I remember you from the Twilight thread right? See, that sort of angle, could make your story work. I was just applying my own perspective for your story, in a way that would make it appeal to myself and what I think would be a greater audience, lol but, i do think you also underestimate a twenty year olds ability to have a very strong youthful vigor and immaturity about themselves, but ultimately your discretion as a writer I think, means you'll know how to write it well anyway. ^_^ 

I think if Asgard and Thor are there... then, lots of rain and thunder? lol I hear its humid though, with a bit of rain? I live on the other side of the world to it though, so I should not be quoted on it... lol
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TypingKira

Ah! I didn't quite understand what you meant before, but I get it now. I know, I'm planning that out, don't worry. Like I said, it wouldn't be creepy, and I'm thinking Balder is the type to realize that. It will have that same Twilight kind of thing. Am I predictable? LOL. That is the angle I meant to take with it, only I don't think it will be quite so. . . intense. Not right away anywho. That's a lot of the kind of writing I do.   

I appreciate your input and suggestions guys! 

BTW, I think I'll do illustrations for this. But they'll probably be mostly of her, my big hunky muscular guys look like lumpy rocks. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SC  Moderator

Predictable isn't always a bad thing per say, in many ways it can be good, there is a reason its a formula, is because it works, and is popular ^_^ 

It sounds really good, so good luck again, and oh wow, your illustrating it as well? Thats way awesome, nothing wrong with lumpy rocks either, practice makes perfect! Google image 'human anatomy' and that with 'muscles' as well, might help, it really helped me get good at drawing guys physiques. 

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TypingKira

Thanks for the tip!