Monster Hunter Big Kev: Hound Of The Moors.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

According to local testimony at least five different people had been attacked by a large dog while hiking through the Moors. Authorities have claimed to have arrived just in time to fire upon the beast, shooting it repeatedly with no success. They claimed that they emptied well over one hundred rounds into the thing; and did sh*t else but make it mad.

They claimed to have lost a few men in the skirmish.

Which was understandable, because unfortunately for the local authorities, they were going about everything all wrong. First off, regular bullets don't do jack sh*t to a Werewolf. Which of course was what they were looking for. They just didn't know it; and the ones who may have thought it never would have said anything about it. The entire countryside was on edge.

And so was I.

No Caption Provided

I had been chasing this particular female across Europe for more than a year. Fatigue was starting to set in. The killings started in Brussels and just spread like an infection. No. Like a cancer. She would often lose herself in the chaos. Also effectively losing me in the process. She wouldn't even hunt every full moon either. Fighting that itch to do so. meaning, she wasn't completely a slave to the change. Which made her harder to track.

But, it also made the game more fun. I mean, what is a warrior without a worthy foe in which to duel?

I was bone tired when I found her in that clearing. Tearing into another lost soul. One who was wearing a wedding band on what was left of his left hand. She had jumped him from behind. I could tell he had been running but of course, he hadn't gotten very far. unless you had somewhere to actually get to, and it was less than two feet away, trying to outrun a Lycan on foot is pretty damn near impossible. Your basic Werewolf could close a fifty foot gap in less than eight seconds.

I was a bit shy of twenty.

No Caption Provided

When she finally pulled her gore stained maw from the hole she had bore in her victims' back, that's when she noticed me. With a look in her eyes I could have sworn was joy. She was on me so fast that I barely had a chance to fire. I was double wielding a pair of Baretta Cougars. Which was a really, really, stupid way to shoot.

But, heh, I'm a John Woo fan.

Three bullets found their way home. The lady wolf's stomach being pumped with molten hot silver. She made a yelping sound before knocking me off my feet. Sending us both crashing to the ground. From where I lay on my back, I watched as she shook her body like she'd simply taken a bath. Blood and loose fur sent flying this way and that. This time, when she looked me, there was no mistaking the emotion behind her eyes.

Rage.

The b*tch was pissed. She lowered her head, pulling her lips back in a snarl. One that revealed rows and rows of blood soaked teeth. Steam escaping her flaring nostrils. I kipped back to a standing position. Casting aside both guns in order to make use of heavier firepower. A double barrel with a single pump action. This time, using more caution; she began to circle me. Looking for an opening, "C'mon' you ugly b*tch! C'mon'!" I shouted at her. driven now by pure anxiety, and partial insomnia produced insanity. She charges in. I pump, fire, pump, fire. Each shot striking home. Still. Even with half her face missing, she still managed to mount me. A clawed hand swiping away my shotgun. With a roar that could turn a man's hair white, the werewolf brought her jaw down on my left shoulder. Only thing keeping teeth from ripping into flesh being reinforced tri-polymer. With no guns, and no knives that would actually mean a damn, I decided to improvise. Reaching into one of the many pouches on my cargo pants, I lucked up by finding one of the emergency road flares I almost never carry. Since I couldn't pull off the top with my other hand, I used my thumb. The female too preoccupied with trying to get to my creamy center to notice. Her desperate jaws swinging me about as she shook her head wildly. My shoulder still in her mouth. "F*ck you!" I screamed, as I shoved the now lit flare into one of the holes I had made in her face.

No Caption Provided

She immediately released me. A strange wail escaping her lungs. Almost as if her human half was screaming too. She staggered right to left; then, something black and pasty flew from her mouth before she finally collapsed, and died on top of me. Her blood joining the dew in its place on the forest floor.

I just laid there exhausted, breathing heavy. Until slowly I finally drifted to sleep.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

@guardiandevil83: Haven't read this yet but when I saw the title I thought it was about this Australian cleaning product spruiker, now deceased, hunting monsters with his arsenal of cleanliness :)

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I just made it up on the spot. Thought of a name and than a concept and let it flow.

and thanks for at least commenting.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@guardiandevil83: Wasn't there a picture here earlier?

Not bad. You've got some commas in the wrong spot...well that's not entirely true, but it breaks the sentences up oddly in my opinion.

Eg: Yours: According to local testimony at least five different people had been attacked by a large dog, while hiking through the Moors.

Mine: According to local testimony, at least five different people had been attacked by a large dog while hiking through the Moors.

Yours: Authorities have claimed to have arrived just in time to fire upon the beast. Shooting it repeatedly, with no success.

Mine: Authorities have claimed to have arrived just in time to fire upon the beast, shooting it repeatedly with no success.

Let's have another

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Don't worry I noticed that too. Changing now.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers