Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83

The weather had gotten better by the time Victoria returned to DC from Virginia.

She had said goodbye to her coworkers and neighbor's, packed up everything of importance, and sold everything that wasn't. Her mother had insisted on driving with her cross country. It hadn't been that bad actually. She had a feeling anyway that had she left without her, she would have never heard the end of it.

It had taken her a week to deal with her affairs. All said and done she supposed. Things became interesting once she was officially "on the job," and things that had annoyed her during her stint in the feds, were now all happening from the other side.

She was a boss now.

A big shot. A high roller. A stretch escalade drives her to and from work. Someone gives her a manicure while she takes calls from the Pentagon.

She has brunch with the President and a superhero!

All things considered. Momma and poppa Hand made good. Her dad wasn't the worrying type, so Victoria had been super surprised that he had nearly insisted on tagging along with her and her mother.

Then he remembered he was lazy.

And thank God for that!

Today Victoria drove through her new city's streets in her stretch. A pile of tanned files set next to her on her seat. She had been running through each one. Looking at men and women soon to be under her charge.

Not just regular men and women either. The people in each file had proven to be more than human. They were monsters. The greatest killers on earth. Hellish demons unleased upon earth to make man burn.

But the United States Government felt that they could control these demons. Focus their aggression in a positive light.

She held the names of everything from mercenaries to super villains, all agreeing to serve the cause.

For various forms of compensation, of course.

"OK. I like her. Silver Sable right?"

"Yeah. Shes good." Said Jack Flag. The on again off again sidekick to Captain America. Jack never really made it big in the hero world. But he always wanted to help. So when the President of the United States offered him position to lead a covert team of badadses against the forces of evil, he immediately jumped at the chance. With the resources he had now allowed him to do good world wide. What else could any hero ask for? Also, being chauffeured was nice.

"But what about this guy?" Victoria asked, holding up the only 'RED' folder in the pile.

Jack held out his arm and Victoria handed him the file, which he immediately flipped open. "Frost. Deacon." Jack read, "No. Don't know who this is. Defenitly not from America. File say's London."

"Yeah, just London." Victoria growled. Annoyed. "He's a question mark Jack. I don't like question marks."

Jack shrugged. "Hey, neither do I. But he was handpicked by Osborn himself, you really 'gonna tell that man no?"

Victoria blew out a deep seething breath. "You know I'm not. Damn! Guess we have to deal with it.... For now."

"Yeah."

"But that still leaves one spot open. We need a drill instructor. Someone professional. Someone who can kick their asses when they step out of line." Victoria said in a deep, dark tone.

Jack nodded. "Yeah, about that. I have somebody in mind. But it might take me about a week to track him down."

Victoria suddenly found herself peaked with interest. "Really? Who is he?"

"A mercenary. Old school. I'm talking when a man had nothing but a field knife. Rope. And a big set of elephant nuts. He jumps around a lot. But I know most of his contacts."

"Really? How?"

Jack pushed out a grunt and then took a deep stare into Victoria's eyes. "Let's just say. That before I met Cap, I didn't always fight for'Truth. Justice. And the American way' and let's just leave it at that, shall we?"

Victoria nodded.

"Good. Like I said. Give me a bit. He will be in your office by next Tuesday."

"Wendsday. Next tuesday I have a meeting with Nick Fury and Tony Stark at 8am and a brunch and then golf with President Osborn." Victoria explained, looking down at more names, until she caught Jack staring at her. A smirk drawn across his face."What?"

"You're really enjoying yourself aren't you?" Jack asked, his smirk transforming to full on smile.

Victoria smiled back and said gleefully, "You bet your sweet ass I am!"

Sure, brunch with the President is pretty cool. And having manservants wasn't bad either. Hell, Phelps's nearly peed himself once her position was announced!

But. The thing that was really the icing on top? She was going to be the head of her own Superhero team!

How awesome is that!?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@guardiandevil83: Hmm not sure about Flag working with Osborne and it could use a few edits with dialogue and commas (again pot calling the kettle black). If you need a beta reader don't hesitate to ask BTW. Other then that an interesting continuation

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Thanks and of course I would.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@guardiandevil83: Cool drop the stuff you want beta read in a PM and I'll er beta read it