Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Weird Sisters: # 4

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit the Library or visit the Group’s Facebook Page

For more from the title click the links to the previous issues; Weird Sisters: Issue 1, Weird Sisters: Issue 2 and Weird Sisters: Issue 3

Blood washed over Colleen as one of the Blood Brothers surged forward in the flooded hallway, a rank stench filling the air as the creature reached forward only for it’s prey to lash out, the katana cutting through his hand. Turning Colleen noticed Jennifer was struggling to keep the second brother at bay with a shield charm, the blue light flashing red every time the alien struck.

“You die in the name of Hun Came!” The Blood Brother behind her boomed, his voice sending ripples through the blood. “You die in the name of the Triple Goddess.” He added as Colleen spun round to see the creatures hand reform out of the blood. She now had an uneasy sense of revelation why Jennifer was struggling, with all the blood around the Brothers could shake off and even regenerate from any wound they could inflict.

No Caption Provided

“Jennifer it’s the river of blood, it empowers them!” She yelled as the Blood Brother reached out and pushed her head under the surface. “We need to get rid…of…the blood.” She coughed as she wiggled free and breached the surface.

“It’s going to be tricky.” Jennifer answered as the shield charm shattered, the force propelling her off her feet and into the river. “Blood is a dark elemental, one of five to counter the five of light. And to summon a spell like that I need to be connected to one of those five.”

“What do you need?” Colleen asked as she stabbed her katana into one of the Blood Brother’s chests.

“Water, Fire, Wood, Earth or Metal will do, but it needs to be magically infused and that can take days to achieve. Luckily I never leave home with something to help me with summoning.” Jennifer explained as she threw a set of mystical chains at the other Blood Brother, the spell disintegrating on contact with the aliens hide. “It needs contact with either wood or earth though,” She added throwing Colleen a vial full of squirming plant life, "and whatever you do don’t let it feel your fear.” She ordered her eyes glowing blue as a sphere of energy surrounded her before exploding outwards, the force temporary dispelling the blood and shattering the windows.

“Hang on I won’t be long.” Colleen stated as she removed her katana from the creatures flesh and leapt out of the second story window and onto the pavement below, students milling around seemingly oblivious to the fight going on above their heads.

“Dude it’s a ninja chick.” A stoned woman dressed in a purple unitard and mask stated.

“Nice cosplay outfit.” Her friend dressed in roman centurion armour replied, a plastic assault rifle slung over his shoulder as he nervously kicked the sleeping figure in plastic armour at his feet.

“I don’t have time for this.” Colleen sighed before heading to the lawn and stabbing her sword into the turf. “I just hope this works.” She muttered as she flicked some of the dirt out and poured the moving plant matter into the void. Nothing happened for a second until suddenly a flash of orange light spread through the campus before coalescing into a massive man shaped figure made of plant matter, its big red eyes glowing with an unearthly light.

“Man that thing is cool.” The stoned centurion stated as the Man-Thing took a few deep breaths and looked up at the place where Colleen had just leapt from. “Awesome costume bro.” He added as Colleen poked Man-Thing in the side with the guard of her katana in a futile attempt to goad him into action.

No Caption Provided

“Oh come on Jennifer and I need your help.” Colleen stated through gritted teeth. “Now move.” She added as she ran to the doors that led back into the dorm room. Kicking them open she saw Man-Thing take a few steps forward, each footfall causing new plant growth to spread behind him. “Okay then, I’ll lead and you follow.” She stated before hitting the stairs. Emerging from the stair well Colleen felt blood rush over her face as she surfaced into the foul smelling river. Jennifer was still standing just, her magic now replaced with empowered physical strikes, each one causing major damage to the brothers only for the broken bones and scorched flesh to be regenerated from the river of blood.

“Did he come?” Jennifer called, “Did Ted come?”

“Ted?” Colleen asked before looking back as Man-Thing erupted from the surface, the thick blood trickling down his flanks. With a demonic hiss the Blood Brothers turned and charged down the corridor towards Man-Thing as Colleen dived under the surface to avoid being trampled. As she surfaced she saw on of the Brothers pawing at Man Thing while he held the other at arms length seemingly oblivious to the other one as it ripped at him.

“No not the creatures the blood.” Jennifer called. “It’s making them too strong to fight.” She added as Man-Thing cocked his head before looking deep into the thrashing Blood Brothers eyes before reaching down and plucking his twin off the ground. Silently he threw the pair down the hall, their bodies impacting with an audible thud as his body began to burn until the river of blood itself caught alight.

“Time to leave.” Colleen stated as the flames raced past her, the heat magically sucking the oxygen from the room. Leaping once again from the window she landed twisting her ankle as Jennifer followed her as the entire building roared with magical flame. “Did ‘Ted’ or Man-Thing or whatever he is kill them?” She asked as the flames retreated back towards a single point and Man-Thing stumbled out of the same window to land on all fours.

“No he just…” Jennifer didn't finish as one of the Blood Brothers reached the window and leapt out before landing feet first on Man-Thing before throwing the creature a good twenty meters across the campus.

“The Hood is going to crack our skulls if we fail and the triple goddess will do worse.” The Blood Brother snorted as his twin landed next to him. “But even without our enhanced powers we can kill you.” He added before the pair advanced on them unaware of the red dot dancing on the first’s head. With a snap the bullet from the concealed sniper ripped through the brother’s skull, his body slamming to the floor, the remaining survivor snarling with anger before zeroing in on Man-Thing. With a below that caused the parked cars outside the dorm room to shake and trigger their alarms he charged down the path only to be intercepted by his target, his skin burning as he made contact.”

No Caption Provided

“That’s why you don’t show fear.” Jennifer stated as the Blood Brother fell back smoking but alive. “The Hood, The Lords of Xibulba and now the Triple Goddess, it is clear that we have unwillingly made some powerful enemies.” She added as the glint of light flashing off a sniper scope caught her eye. “I wonder who our mysterious shooter is and what there motives are” She added as the stoned couple staggered towards them. “I think it’s best if…oh god it’s a glamour.” She yelled as the woman in purple appeared to ripple before a shot rang out.

“Send my condolences to Lord Hades.” The woman stated in a decidedly unfeminine voice before revealing himself to be clad in white ballistic armour, his pistols trained on Jennifer as Colleen slipped to the floor, a bullet hole in her chest. “I’ll leave you for the others.” He added as he slipped away. Man-Thing gave Jennifer a long almost soulful look before turning and disappearing in a flash of orange light.

“God somebody call 911!” Jennifer yelled as Colleen closed her eyes as campus security came sprinting towards them. “Goddess please help me save her, she can't die, please I can't stop your daughter alone.”

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

That was... Hmm. Different. Less action then expected, but still good. Liked how Man-Thing was summoned. Very MZ 5.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: Man-Thing will be back (requires Austrian accent) and soon. Sorry about the 'less action' but don't worry. There is a big fight brewing (hopefully soon) as the Hood crosses Hecatae.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: It's based on the wiccan pentagram and elemental beliefs. Thanks for the commenting.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: “Water, Fire, Wood, Earth or Metal will do, but it needs to be magically infused and that can take days to achieve. Luckily I never leave home with something to help me with summoning.” Jennifer explained as she threw a set of mystical chains at the other Blood Brother, the spell disintegrating on contact with the aliens hide. “It need contact with either wood or earth though.” She added throwing Colleen a vial full of squirming plant life and whatever you do don’t let it feel your fear.” She ordered her eyes glowing blue as a sphere of energy surrounded her before exploding outwards, the force temporary dispelling the blood and shattering the windows.

Errant quotation marks that arn't needed :)

And Man-Thing! On campus! That's an 80's teen comedy waiting to be written

Now the end line: “God somebody call 911!” Jennifer yelled as Colleen closed her eyes as campus security came sprinting towards them. “Goddess please help me save her, she can’t die I can’t stop your daughter alone.” Explain that to me as I'm not getting it. Is the goddess (?) Jennifer is talking about the mother of Hecate? Also re-read that line. I get she's yelling but it's too long needing another comma and an exclamation point.

"Goddess! Please help me save her, she can't die. I can't stop your daughter alone!" Maybe

Right, now we head into the Vice!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the comment. Expect to see more Man-Thing soon. And yes Hecate's mother is Gaia who is the Earth Goddess in Wiccan faith

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter! It's great to see a Marvel series that deals with the supernatural!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: Then your going to like the firestorm that is Heroes for Hire

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79