Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem - Weird Sisters #2

For Marvel Mayhem visit the Library or visit the Group’s Facebook Page

The Juicy Orange Strip Club, Miami

Colleen eyed the bouncer at the door as she entered the atrium of the arcane themed strip joint, his hands balled up ready for a fight that he would not, could not ever win. Automatically he relaxed as soon as he saw the katana slung over her shoulders and smiled before opening the door for her.

“So you must be the new dancer huh?” He grunted.

“No this place is blight on the name of all women..” Colleen replied.

No Caption Provided

“No skin off my nose. I just make sure the guys that pay to watch the girls don’t make trouble.” The bouncer answered as Colleen stalked away.

“I think maybe you would be better at your job if you were silent.” Colleen answered as she headed past the stage where two women dressed in purple capes and bikinis gyrated around the central poles. With a hiss of disgust Colleen headed to the bar where a man dressed in a T-Shirt and Jeans, the former emblazoned with a comical picture of Electro licking a light bulb, was wiping up a beer glass with a spider web themed handle.

“So what are you meant to be?” He asked, “Some kind of Ninja?”

“I’m looking for Jennifer Kale.” Colleen stated in her friendliest tones despite the obvious and soul burning mistake the man had made in his identification of her. “I believe she works here?”

“Ah you mean Witch Woman.” The bartender answered with a big grin on his face. “That’ll be two Benjamins for a lap dance miss. Now who are you buying ten minutes of pleasure for?”

“I wanted to talk to her not get her to dance for me.” Colleen answered coldly. “We are…acquaintances and I have something I need to ask.”

No Caption Provided

“Yeah you do.” A man further down the bar muttered as he got to his feet. “Only problem is that you won’t be talking when I finish with you Miss Wing. The Hood wanted me to make sure you got a proper Miami reception when you turned up to do your ninja stuff.”

“I’m a Samurai.” Colleen growled as she reached for her katana. The man didn’t seem impressed at this revelation as he pulled out a pistol and fired three completely silent shots. Acting quickly Colleen intercepted all three bullets before slamming her elbow into the man’s face sending him sprawling to the floor. Reaching down Colleen grabbed him and threw him onto the bar before holding her sword to his throat. “Talk Silencer,” She hissed, “What does the Hood have to do with the abductions in the Miami Bay Area.”

“Nothing, you’ll get nothing from me.” Silencer grunted as the air filled with screams and the sound of heavy footsteps before a bolt of electricity struck Colleen throwing her across the room into the back wall. “Not while my partner is still ready for a fight. Let’s see how your ninja skills do against him.” He added sliding behind the bar and jabbing a finger at the hulking form of Shockwave, ambient energy crackling around his hands.

No Caption Provided

“Samurai, I’m going to kill you, then jump start your heart and kill you again.” Shockwave bellowed as Colleen got to her feet. “And all for the sum of one million pounds.”

“Realising who she is gets you a half off the beating we’re going to give you.” A second voice announced from the stage as a blonde trotted out dressed in a metallic bikini, headpiece, boots and thong a fireball already forming in her hand. “Just remember that when your sitting in the Raft.”

“And you remember how arrogant you were when my boot is on your face witch.” Shockwave roared discharging a massive pulse of energy that sent the chairs and tables flying against the walls forcing Colleen to slice through some of the electrified furniture as she ran at Shockwave at the same moment Jennifer released her fireball, the projectile detonating on the British Assassin’s armour, the flames shorting out seconds after impact.

“You are a fool.” Shockwave grumbled as he grabbed Colleen by the Katana, his mere touch sending lightning down her body until she landed a kick in the face plate, the impact allowing her to drop to the floor as his grip loosened. Rolling away just in time she lashed out again, this time at his armoured boot only to feel her arms wrench as her blade bounced off Shockwave’s electromagnetic shield. “My suit allows me to survive anything. And your troubles are about to get worse.” He added as the air ionized around him to form a cloaking field around his armour.

No Caption Provided

“Nice try Shockwave but there are other ways to find you.” Jennifer announced before chanting in Latin, her spell summoning up a fog that formed round Shockwave before igniting as it touched his armour. “He, he burnt off my spell. Only a trained magician should be able to do that?”

“Energy is easy to manipulate.” Shockwave answered as he threw a bolt of lightning at Jennifer that threw her into a dance pole, the flimsy metal rod snapping as she hit it. “Even those used to construct your spells.”

“It matters not.” Colleen told Jennifer as she got to her feet and picked up the pole, spinning deftly before igniting the ends with burning lilac flames. “He still is heavy footed and … umph.” Before she could finish an ionized fist slammed into her chest the electrical discharge throwing her backwards.

“Ha ha.” Silencer cackled from the bar as he drew his pistol. “And what if he’s sitting in a sonic dead-zone?” He added firing a round of bullets down towards the stage as Jennifer leapt off, the projectiles drilling into the decorations and remaining pieces of intact furniture. “You’ll never find him now.” He added as he vaulted the bar and ran for the door. Colleen watched as Silencer fled before throwing her sword across the room, the blade embedding in Shockwave’s shoulder, the trauma causing his armour to become visible again. With a roar he charged towards Colleen, electricity spider webbing across the floor, as his target leapt onto the stage.

“You may be a master of energy but that’s exactly what gave you away.” Colleen lectured Shockwave as he turned and slammed his fists together, sparks flying off as Jennifer threw the staff at the mercenary, the tip embedding into Shockwave’s free shoulder before exploding into lilac flame that forced the metal plates to collapse leaving the man inside open and exposed. Running at his opponents he leapt on stage and elbow slammed Jennifer back before turning and delivering a round house kick to Colleen’s chin, the force causing her bones to jar as she turned her fall into a hand spring.

No Caption Provided

“I’m not going to leave enough of you for the others.” Shockwave sneered as Colleen threw a haymaker at him only to see her foe block it and throw her backwards. “But I’ll follow my code of honour and make this quick.” He growled as he towered over Colleen. “I owe you that honourable samurai.” He added as Jennifer threw a charm at the back of his head, the small totem sculpted like a monkey leaving a glyph carved into his scalp. Turning Shockwave glared at her before thundering towards her only to trip at the last moment, his legs breaking as he hit the ground, the force of his fall knocking him unconsciousness.

“Monkey Totem?” Colleen asked rubbing her eyes as she stood up.

“I still carry it around for protection.” Jennifer added as Colleen rubbed her eyes again and glared at the dropped idol. “Don’t worry being near it won’t cause you to go blind again especially since you’re not my enemy.”

“But we’re not friends either.” Colleen answered nervously before walking over and picking up her katana. “Still I need your help and you owe me. Several twins have been abducted and now I think the Hood is responsible considering he sent Silencer and Shockwave to kill me. But for now all I need to know is if you are in?”

Jennifer smiled before stuffing the Monkey Totem back into her boot and stated. “Anything beats cleaning up this mess.”

Unknown Location

The kneeling figure fought the urge to look up at the throne that sat on a dais before him. Bad news was always anger provoking for his master and he had some really unwelcome tidings for the Lord of Downtown Miami. Worse still was the fact his employer had chosen to see him alone which meant there was only one way he would be leaving the room.

“My Lord the men we hired from the mercenary captain failed to stop the Samurai. One escaped and the other is incarcerated. I am sorry but I have failed you.” The goon whimpered as he felt his employer’s eyes bore into him.

“So you have said.” His employer announced in a dark voice that caused the dim lighting in the room to flicker.

No Caption Provided

“The one known as the Hood failed to live up to our bargain.” A second voice from the throne stated.

“But he is only a marginal threat, if we fail to bring our brother the men he seeks his life-force will be lost and the star broken.” A third continued.

“I have hired local assassins, thieves and ner-do-wells in the hopes that they may get the job done.” The goon whimpered.

“Then your work is done.” A voice announced

“You have served us well and with devotion.” The second added.

“But now you have no purpose.” The third finished as three pairs of eyes glowed amber in the darkness, smoke rising from the goon’s flesh.

“Please Mistress Hecate.” The man screamed before his blood started leaking out of every available orifice before he collapsed into a pool of blood, quivering viscera and cockroaches that quickly scuttled into the dark corners of the room.

“This Colleen Wing must not find our brother.” The first voice of Hecate stated

“The assassins will not stop her, not while she is ally with the witch.” The second voice of Hecate added.

“Our acolytes must find the third before she joins with them,” The final voice finished as all voices stated in unison, “Before the Blood Moon fades for another year. Before it’s too late!”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on guys don't make me beg for a simple 'bump'

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very interesting story about the dark side of the Mayhemverse! I really enjoyed it!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Cool thanks. This story is different from the others I'm writing. Avengers is a cause and effect storyline, 5th Column is a conspiracy tale, Thunderbolts an all out survival/war story and Villain's Tale is about revenge. This is what it appears to be. A detective story mini series.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@impurestcheese: Never thought I would be reading about a ninja (sorry, samurai) fighting at a strip bar. I really liked this too!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: Me neither but it's done. Apparently this is the 'Dark Side' of Marvel Mayhem so welcome to the shadows. :-)

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@impurestcheese: And when you are surrounded by shadows, there is no return. MWAHAHAHA!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: No it means I just need to turn my Land Rover's high beams on or failing that my million candle watt torch. :-)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#9  Edited By wildvine

@impurestcheese

Ah, Jennifer Kale. Now I know why you want you-know-who. Fun read here. Nice action, creepy villain. Metal bikini's that magically don't chaff, what more can anyone ask for?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Nope it doesn't get better then this...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: “No skin ofmy nose. I just make sure the guys that pay the girls don’t make trouble.”

Off my nose and needs a comma or semi colon after pay otherwise the sentence really doesn't make sense or the bouncer is talking very fast

And a three-faced woman! That's pretty cool

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Yep Hecate goddess of Witchcraft, Full Moon, Werewolves, Crossroads and Midnight is in Marvel Mayhem. And she isn't happy.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: “No.” Colleen replied, “This place is blight on the name of all women.” She added.

You do the added bit quite a lot I've noticed. The sentence above is fine, no need for the extra she added.

“That’ll be 200$ for a lap dance miss. Now who are you buying ten minutes of pleasure for?” Now check me on this, but don't dollar signs go in front of the number? Also what's wrong with two hundred? Numbers for maths, words for writing

“He, he burnt off my spell. How only a trained magician should be able to do that?” Doesn't make sense, should either Now or just Only.

And another he added: “Energy is easy to manipulate.” Shockwave answered as he threw a bolt of lightning at Jennifer that threw her into a dance pole, the flimsy metal rod snapping as she hit it. “Even those used to construct your spells.” He added.

I think I'm noticing them more

Onto 3 :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Thanks for the comments. No Silver Lining that's a bit mean. :-)

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter!!! I really loved the ending! These witches seem like a big threat to Colleen!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@rabbitearsblog: Not a witch, Hecate is the witch. Actually to be more accurate the Goddess of Witchcraft. And yes she is going to be a deadly foe to Colleen and Jennifer

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

@rabbitearsblog: Not a witch, Hecate is the witch. Actually to be more accurate the Goddess of Witchcraft. And yes she is going to be a deadly foe to Colleen and Jennifer

Oh!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19  Edited By The Impersonator
Loading Video...

Good chapter! =P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, re-reading these. Question: How does Colleen know this is Silencer? She suddenly goes from not knowing to: “Talk Silencer,” She hissed, “What does the Hood have to do with the abductions in the Miami Bay Area.”

A second voice announced from the stage as a blonde trotted out dressed in a metallic bikini, headpiece, boots and thong a fireball already forming in her hand. Comma & semi colon PHOBIA. Need one after thong because well thong a fireball sounds like an Australian curse :)

Ok onto 3

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Pass, will change it when I get back from work in a week