Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem - The Villain's Tale #9: Robotickã Chybí

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit theLibraryor visit theGroup’s Facebook Page

After a brief and almost deadly stay in hospital 8-Ball discharged himself from the Black Lodge and along with Overrider and Spectre borrowed a truck from Spymaster. Brass revealed feelings for Overrider but that was far from the most disturbing event as Vapour and X-Ray returned to torture their former teammates with the destruction of the teams home on Long Island along with a large swathe of the suburb. Meanwhile after a battle with Ultron and a disturbing hallucination involving jolly Saint Nick, Doombot was found by Jim Hammond but what do these two AI have to do with our 'heroes'? Find out as Marvel Mayhems most lovable villains clash with the cold steel of the Avengers AI.

Special thanks to @themanintheshoe for his assistance in writing this piece. The events that take place prior to this can be seen in Avengers AI Christmas Special

Airstrip just outside Reykjavik, Iceland - One Week after the George Washington Bridge Incident

“Will you just get in the box!?” A man dressed in jeans and a T-shirt ordered his hooded companion. “The pilot specifically said that unless you were secured as cargo he wouldn't let us on the plane because you are a pompous AI replicate of the scariest man on earth.”

“Doom does not fly cargo.” The hooded figure announced as lightning erupted from his hands and incinerated the crate. “Doom demands respect. Why doesn't Hank Pym simply open a dimensional doorway back to the Penthouse? Doom demands answers!"

No Caption Provided

“Oh for the love of… Due to solar activity geomagnetic forces have increased causing teleportation to be unreliable, it should only be temporary. God I sound like Dragon Man when I explain this science stuff.” His travelling companion sighed. “And you are not Doom you're just a Doombot. Now just shut down so we can get back home.”

“Doom will not allow that to happen to this unit. Not after last time...with the terrifying visions.” Doombot stated. “Now Hammond acquire Doom transport back to New York!” He ordered as a lear-jet took off from the runway and ascended into the clouds. His words sounding over even the roar of the plane’s jet engines.

“Could have just left you to freeze in crazy land but no I went and rescued you.” Hammond moaned as he headed towards the terminal building and past a stacked set of crates. “Why couldn’t Hank have made that thing less mouthy?” He sighed before crossing the runway narrowly avoiding a badly driven fuel tanker, its driver honking the horn at him and flipping the bird at him. “So much for Iceland being a friendly nation?” He added before ducking into the shack that served as the tiny airport’s terminal building.

“Okay he’s gone.” The tanker driver stated as she spoke into a pool ball mounted on the dash. “Everything okay at point Sierra?”

“Yeah hunky dory.” 8-Ball replied sarcastically as Brass unloaded a snarling crate from the cargo bay of his skeletal skiff onto the ground. “You sure you can survive this Jaime?”

“One way to find out.” Spectre answered before gunning the fuel tanker straight at Doombot, the AI turning and cocking his head. Upon reaching within fifty meters Spectre phased out the back of the tanker and skidded across the floor as Doombot intercepted the truck with a two handed stop. “Okay so Dr Von Doppelganger is strong, now let’s see how he handles playing with fire?” She asked before squeezing the trigger on her belt, the signal detonating the explosives attached to the vehicle and causing the vehicle to expand into a massive fireball that singed Doombot’s chassis and burnt his cowl away.

“Who dares attack Doom!?”

“Take a guess genius.” Spectre replied sarcastically before opening fire on the target, rounds bouncing off the AI's body.

“You face Doom alone?!” Doombot boomed before returning fire with a wide wave of energy discharge, the attack phasing through Spectre. “Doom will never…urk.” Before he could finish a giant metal hand reached out and threw the AI across the airfield and into a parked helicopter, the vehicle buckling as Doombot got to his feet. “You dare to lay a hand on doom?!” He bellowed as Brass flexed its servo motors ready to follow up it's throw. “You are a troglodyte, a primitive machine enslaved to a human master where as I am the deadliest force on Earth.”

“Hey Viktor remember who you work for!” Jim Hammond stated as he came flying out of the terminal building. “Huh Jaime Slade AKA the rogue Phantom Rider and Brass, the old drone Morgan Stark used back in the day, looks like we’ll be heading home with some gifts since both are wanted in connection of the attack on One Police Plaza back in New York.”

No Caption Provided

“Hey Human Glowstick!!” Spectre yelled as she stood her ground. “It’s Spectre! Say it with me Spectre!”

“I have some words for you.” Hammond snarled. “But they are not suitable for civilised company even if that company consists of thieves and murderers."

“Nothing we've never heard before.” A new voice announced as a rocket streaked in and detonated over the Human Torch, thick anti-radiation foam extinguishing the flames. “We've been waiting for the two of you to show up for days” 8-Ball stated as he loaded another round in the ‘ballzooka’ slung over his shoulder. “Ow this thing is kind of heavy can…gah.” He whined before Doombot shot an energy beam at him, the pulse of light causing the weapon to melt down his armoured shoulders and singe the tarmac.

“Doom is not amused about how you incapacitated his manservant.” Doombot stated as Brass opened fire, plasma bolts colliding in mid air with crimson laser beams to create orbs of glowing flame that ignited sections of the runway.

“I am not your manservant!!” Hammond snapped as he wiggled out of the foam cocoon he was wrapped in. “What I wouldn’t give to shut you up for a bit!” He sighed as 8-Ball threw a pair of pool balls at him, the projectiles detonating in a cloud of thick white smoke around him. Reigniting his body Hammond cleared the smoke only to see Overrider pushing the snarling crate towards the area of combat. “Okay and you brought the Tasmanian Devil to the fight why?”

“Got to put the little fella to use.” Overrider answered as he took a few steps back and shot the chains restraining the lid, the metal cover flying off and slicing through Doombot’s upper torso causing the automaton to collapse, his shoulders and head separated from his legs. Emerging from the crate was a muscular red skinned humanoid slithered out onto the tarmac, a barbed tongue darting in and out of its mouth as it surveyed its surroundings.

“What the hell is that?!” Hammond gasped.

“Classification Dire Wraith, Gender – Female.” Doombot stated. “The species is well versed in sorcery.”

“A guy we knew caught Wraithwitch outside Seattle; it was locked away in the holding cells of that corvette the X-Men and Thunderbolts shot down a while back. He sold her to us for the truck we borrowed from Spymaster, a good trade when you get past her initial attempts to kill us.” Spectre stated as Doom’s torso began to claw its way back to the rest of his body

“A fogueira? Isto significa que podo comer un de vós?” Wraithwitch hissed before clicking her fingers, arcane energy sparking off onto what was left of the tarmac.

No Caption Provided

“Yes incapacitate that one!” Overrider yelled as he pointed as the Human Torch, “And quickly.”

“Sen fogueira entón. Por que eu xuntarse a este grupo? Vostede non me vai deixar comer mesmo un de vós.” Wraithwhitch sighed before firing rings of purple energy at Hammond, the arcane energy binding his arms and legs together and sending him thudding to the floor, his eternal flames reduced to wisps of smoke. “Agora podo comer algúns bebés? Estou famento!” She asked as Brass pulled off Doombot’s head.

“Maybe later.” Overrider told her. “You wanted to get the guy to shut up, well guess what, wish granted the head is coming with us.” He announced. “If you're lucky we'll forget to mail it back to you.”

“This is an outrage!!” Doombot bellowed. “I will not be held hostage by a primitive, three bumbling thieves and a semi domesticated wraith!”

“Uh dude,” 8-Ball stated as Brass chucked the head to him, “you have no choice.” Reaching the skiff he climbed on and dropped Doombot’s head into a cooler full of beer as the others climbed on. “Let’s get this ten cent magical mystery tour on the road.” He announced as he gunned the engine and lifted off heading south east towards mainland Europe. “Next stop; the place the Hooded Haunt sent my fiancé.”

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By TheManInTheShoe
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@themanintheshoe: By the Goddess I thinks that's the quickest comment I've ever gotten. Thanks your help with Doombot was greatly appreciated.

Turbinail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Man, that was great!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turbinail: Thanks for the comment. I write best when it concerns Z-List Villains.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#6 wildvine  Moderator

“Doom will not allow that to happen to this unit. Not after last time...with the terrifying visions.” Doombot stated. “Now Hammond acquire Doom transport back to New York!” He ordered as a lear-jet took off from the runway and ascended into the clouds. His words sounding over even the roar of the plane’s jet engines.

There should be a "Do as I command!!" Somewhere in there. Lol. Great continuation.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@themanintheshoe: @impurestcheese: Cool, I'm behind in my A.I but I do love the indignant Doom Bot. Now isn't Hank Pym dead? Did youngjustice kill him? Either way pretty cool

Oh and if you don't know what was said, here's a rough google translation of some of Wraithy's speech:

"Thefire?Thismeans I caneatone of you?"

"Withoutfirethen.Why shouldIjointhis group?Youwill not let meeatevenone of you."

"Now I caneatsomebabies?I'mhungry!"

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: It's complicated @youngjustice: can probably explain it better. Translations are almost correct but it should be 'no campfire then'. Basically I just decided to write her dialogue in Gallic.

@wildvine: There's still time. Doombot made the lives of the AI hell, now it's the turn of 8-Ball and his guys. Maybe we can pass his head around Mayhem like the travelling lemon? What do you think about @themanintheshoe:?

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@impurestcheese: Well, I'd rather not he's used too much. It has to work with continuity.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers