User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Continued from:

Marvel Mayhem: The Sentry 1

Marvel Mayhem: The Sentry 2

Marvel Mayhem: The Sentry #3

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-the-sentry-4-1606383/

Bob stood in the darkness quietly. It enveloped him like a familiar blanket. He knew his hand was there but he couldn’t see it.

WEAK!

Words formed in his mouth but never left his lips. Bob was…well he wasn’t sure. The suffocating blackness let no light in, he couldn’t tell whether he was standing or flying, upside-down or anything.

PATHETIC!

“ENOUGH!” yelled Bob and he was standing in the Manhattan apartment he shared with…

“Lindy,” Emmerick sat on the arm rest next to Bob’s wife as she stared blankly at the television that played nothing but static. It was just how Bob remembered.

“If you’ve hurt her…” Bob warned as his body tensed, muscles coming online like an activated nuclear battleship.

“She’s fine,” said Emmerick waving his hand in front of her eyes “Now. But before. Don’t you remember?”

“You keep playing games with me, in my house, with my wife and I’ll tear your head off and kick it into the sun!”

“Woooo I’m quaking,” sneered Emmerick.

FOOL!

Bob walked towards Lindy but Emmerick met him halfway and put his hands on his chest. “That’s as far as you go golden boy.”

Bob grabbed the offending wrists and in a quick jerking maneurve had Emmerick on his knees wincing in pain. Bob blinked, as it happens from time to time, and it was he who was on his knees wincing in pain their roles reversed.

IDIOT!

“I said that’s as far as you go,” Emmerick smiled down on Bob, speaking in patronising tones “And I meant it.”

“Let…go…of…me!” Bob snarled through gritted teeth; spit forming in the corners of his mouth as his fingers dug into Emmerick’s arms.

“Musn’t disturb Lindy, Bob,” grunted Emmerick as he half let, half was forced to allow Bob to get to his feet. The pair looked each other in eye.

“I’m going to kill you!” stated Bob.

“You’ll try,” Emmerick laughed as he became ethereal and slowly faded from view.

FAILURE!

Bob raced to Lindy’s side and hugged her legs like a scared child. Lindy simply stared ahead, unmoved and unresponsive to the world around her as she watched the static dance on the television.

No Caption Provided

Detective Clemons had spread all of the paperwork Detective Riordan had given him out on the floor. It was a technique he’d borrowed off the singer David Bowie; to attempt to see something or find some new pattern you couldn’t see just by looking at it “normally”. To most people it looked like he’d had a bad day and thrown everything on the ground, but there was method to his madness. Ozzy looked down at an old faded Polaroid.

“Hmmm,” Ozzy rubbed his chin as he picked it up. It was a picture of Sentry, as big and bold as ever, shaking hands with Ronald Reagan on the White House lawn. He then picked up a photo from the incident where Sentry had put the Rhino in multiple traction; he’d barely aged a day. Sure the hair was a different length but he hadn’t changed in the face at all. Not even celebrities with their plastic surgeons looked that ageless.

“Who are you?” Ozzy asked himself as he picked up another scrap of paper which had the name and address of Lindy Reynolds written in red pen. Ozzy pocketed the photos and grabbed his hat “Let’s see if she’s home.”

To be continued

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Nice, can't wait to see Bob and Emmerick clash but to me Ozzie really steals the spotlight, I love how you write your police officers

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@batkevin74 As good as a writer you are I was skeptical reading the previous chapter and this because Delphic did such a great job BUT as usual it is a very enjoyable read.

Short but sweet and full of suspense, can't wait to see what happens next.

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By Delphic

@batkevin74: Shorter than your other work, but equally just as good. I have to agree with Imp here. Ozzie really stole the spot light here, and I'm looking forward to how he will interact with Bob.

I will be honest, reading these makes me really miss writing for you guys, but at the same time no matter how much I miss it, I think I should still stick to my decision. I wish you the best of luck, Kev, and keep up the good work :)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@delphic: Hearing you talk about Marvel Mayhem reminds me of this song

Loading Video...

You'll be back one of these days. ;)

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@dngn4774: I seriously would like too, but I feel like this time I've made the best decision and that I really should stick to my guns on this.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@delphic: You can have it back whenever you like. You are allowed to change your mind :)

@irishlad: Just trying to fill big shoes is all.

@impurestcheese: I like Ozzy too. An old school detective, very different from Dallas in both attitude and approach. Based a little on Luther played by Idris Elba and Detective Lennie Briscoe aka Jerry Orbach.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Don't get me wrong, I love Dallas but it's nice to see the Ying to her Grumpy Side of the Force

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Molly gets sick so they get stuck together, Genius, throw in a fugative Oort the Living Commet in ther and you have a light show and a half (If I have your permission for a NYF cameo in later Tyrant issues)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: well Ozzy is about a month behind NYF but it could work, but you can keep your comet.

As for crossovers, sure

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: well Ozzy is about a month behind NYF but it could work, but you can keep your comet.

As for crossovers, sure

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Oort was the fifth member of the Master's of Evil. That’s why he's a fugitive. Next issue of Tyrant explains a little more about circumstances

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very nice start to what could be a cool Sentry Story. Looking forward to seeing more and I especially like the Detective aspect you're placing in the series.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers