Marvel Mayhem :The Fabulous Frogman Chapter 5

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, so this chapter actually featured in the Writers Guild presents, but for consistency I have reposted the story and included my Character Creation Contest entry 13 which ties in directly after the story. Leap back and reread the events leading up to Eugene's first night on patrol here:

Chapter 1 , Chapter 2 , Chapter 3 and Chapter 4

Chapter 5 The Plans built on Stilts

After about a 100 yard dash I managed ta catch up ta Uncle Wilbur who had down sized himself from the tantalising Stilt Man and placed the trench coat back onna himself. “Sorry Eugene, it’s been awhile since I’ve worn this and I just kind of got excited. I really shouldn’t draw attention to us when I’m dressed like this. Who knows if Mrs Kimble could have seen us and there is a nut running around offing us F and G graders.” I was glad Uncle Wilbur had slowed down and stopped talking like Dick Tracy.

“Any ways, two blocks away is our target, lets hop to it.” The voice is back.

Two conspicuous individuals was loitering inna dark one way ally off 33rd. “Those are the crooks” informed the tantalising Stilt Man, still keeping the serial voice although now at a whisper. He continued ta lay the plan down ta me. We was going to enter the alley ask them ta give up the M.G.H. Uncle Wilbur was going ta reveal who he was and I was just ta stand there looking as intimidating as I could. They’d get scared and make a break and leave the goods for us ta hand into the cops. Easy. Nothin could go wrong. Jeez, I don’t know how he has been defeated so much, this sounded like a pretty sound plan, so we leaped in ta action.

Excuse me gentlemen, I would ask you to refrain from your current transaction. Leave the product on the floor and leave this ally and take up a more suitable role in society.” Wow, now I know why Uncle Wilbur used that voice. He sounded so dashing in this scenario.

Ow ya ? An who the hells a yous ta tell us” replied one of the dealers.

I the tantalising STILT MAN.” Uncle Wilbur flipped off his jacket and with a whirl of gears he extended himself ta 8ft and held a striking pose. I took this opportunity ta give my best intimidating pose. What a sight I thought ta myself. The Stilt Man and me dressed inna boiler suit an ski mask. This plan was going great.

I didn’t expect their reaction. Perhaps it was a physiological reaction ta the intimidation, I don’t know , but they seemed ta break out in hysterical laughter.

Ha ha the Stilt Man and a Putty Man ha ha” retorted the other gentleman in the ally wiping his eyes. “This is gold. Wait till a tell the boys back atta the bar

CRACK

Uncle Wilbur had seemingly had enough. He extended his left leg out and socked the first dealer sitting him cleanly on his tuchas. His partner reached into his top pocket and pulled a pistol on us. With a whirl of gears and cranking of shafts, the tantalising Stilt Man swung a second blow knocking the pistol out of the hand of the second assailant.

The first dealer made a quick dart out of the ally ta escape the action, just like Uncle Wilbur had planned. What we didn’t plan was his exit straight through me. He knocked me clean to the ground and made offa down the street.

And don’t come back fiend” called the Stilt Man.

Screw this, if ya want the MGH so bad. Take it!” the dazed dealer yelled as he made back ta his feet and launched the MGH canister directly at me. Now, wearing a ski mask can affect your peripheral vision I can tell ya, as I didn’t see his toss. Let alone the canister hurtling towards me. It hit me clean in the face shattering at the same time and covering me in the chemicals inside.

I remember seeing him making a break away outta the ally. Uncle Wilbur’s plan had worked perfectly. We’d stopped the deal and no one had gotten hurt.

My vision began to swirl as I made it back ta my feet, and I knew I was gonna pass out

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..…………

Beep beep beep beep beep

“………… Dodson had been found dead in his apartment. His widow was unable to make comment at this time…..”

Beep beep beep beep beep

Slowly my senses was a coming back ta me, what is that, talking ?

“….now the sole heiress to the fortunes. It has been said to be suspect…”

Beep beep beep beep beep

No it’s radio. Where the heck am I? My vision started to come back from a blare of colour ta being able ta make out objects. I’m laid down onna bed and someone is sat in a chair at the end.

Beep beep beep beep beep

“Son, son are you ok, get that blasted radio off and get the docs in here now! “

Beep beep beep beep beep

I was pretty disorientated, an then it lit up inside my head like a light bulb why I was here. The tantalising Stilt Man and the felon who cracked the M.G.H over me. What a success. We stopped em. Me an the tantalising Stilt Man. We……..

Cranbury sauce. I’m in hospital and that was Pa in the chair.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..…………

CC13 Bar with No Name

Danny and Karl slumped into the ‘Bar with no Name”, half laughing and half shaken.

Did ya see the long legged freak sock me, crack jested Karl, through exasperated breaths and demonstrating a karate kick on his way down to sit on a stool. ”It’s your round, grab me a cold one pal” instructed Karl to Danny.

Danny eased himself up off the stool he’d just sat on and headed to the bar.

Both Danny and Karl where low level street rats, they hadn’t much success in the criminal game but had managed to work their way up to pushers of M.G.H. (Mutant Growth Hormones).This was the peak of what little criminal career they had.

They both were your stereotypical hood. Flat cap wearing, leather jackets, heavy smokers and terrible posture. It’s hardly surprising they hadn’t progressed up the criminal family tree given every beat cop and traffic inspector had crossed their paths at some point. Be it urinating in public, dice games, counterfeit jeans and more often than not drunken disorderly, which leads back to the first point.

Hurry up with those beers Danno I gotta takes a leek”. Karl slouched off to the men’s can and Danny returned to the table with two frothy beers.

Danny’s hands were still shaking and the froth of the beer spilt over the table they’d previously acquired. He’d lost the merchandise during the altercation on the way to the bar and hadn’t broken the news to Karl. This was their big break and chance to make an actual name for themselves. Eloganto was supposed to meet them in here shortly and inform them of the drop off.

The merchandise Karl had lost was a specific designer M.G.H. One of the X-men (a class 5 Mutant) had recently been incarcerated for a short while and samples was taken from the holding cell and mixed with regular class 2 Mutant M.G.H. Most likely Owsley’s. Given the sample was small, this was one of a kind . Eloganto was due any second and Karl and Danny were screwed.

Manuel Eloganto entered the establishment and surveyed the room to look for Karl and Danny. Once the greatest bull fighter in all of Spain, his own arrogance led to his demise and to a path of crime. He spun a toothpick around his lips, adding to his swarthy look, as he surveyed the bar.

The bar was relatively empty and hosted a small number of degenerates. He quickly found Danny who was sat mopping up the froth of his beer he’d just spilt. With a confident flick of his toothpick, Eloganto headed over to where Danny was sitting.

Half getting up, half sitting, Danny stammered a greeting to his visitor “Eeeeloganto, great ta see ya pal. Me an Karl just got heres. Let me grab ya cold one

Eloganto raised his right hand signalling his disinterest in the beverage still spinning his toothpick in his mouth. Eloganto raised a knowing eyebrow to Danny who had now sat back in his seat looking more guilty than normal.

“De product. You have, si?” questioned Eloganto in a soft accented voice. Danny began to perspire and fumbled his response once again” Yyy yeah sure, s’all good mm man” .

Muy bien” responded Eloganto giving his tooth pick another confident flick

SLAMM CRASH

Karl stood in the open doorway of the toilet entrance with a look of death on his face. His eyes darted around the bar in a panicked manner searching desperately for his friend who was now concealed by the back of Eloganto.

The loud re-entrance from Karl had snapped Danny out of his panic, and concern for his friend had taken over “ Yo, Karl everything all good pal?” he questioned, peering from around his visitor.

El el el ga ga gantooo, he’s inna here, he’s ddddead” stammered Karl

“What the hell ya on man, he’s right…..” Danny’s response to his friend had stopped mid-sentence. A cold rush of blood engulfed his body as he froze. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed the toothpick his visitor had been spinning so confidentially had torn away the side of a latex mask at the side of his mouth. Quite apparent now this swarthy amigo was definitely not who he seemed. A dark, knowing and sinister smile crossed his visitors face………….

I took time and pleasure in the slow painful death I administered Manuel Elganto. Being in his skin, mirroring his moves. It was pleasurable to choke his disgusting life. Unfortunate I had to end his minions and the other degenerate scum in the bars so quickly.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@jatoe48er: Cool looks like I can confirm that the Matador is dead. Great to see this title back at Marvel Mayhem where it belongs.

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A very interesting piece. I will post the link on the Facebook page a little later.

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: it was an experiment to get new readers and I did get 1 so was pleased. But home is where the heart is

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14