Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

No Caption Provided

For more Marvel Mayhem make sure to Check out The Library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out HERE

The Willow Basket Medical Centre, Living Fortress, Seattle

Shroud sat doubled over as strands of silk looped into the incision and felt it crawl up his spin before they gently straightened the bones into their proper position. Despite the immense pain she was in Gypsy Moth was focused enough to complete the entire operation delicately and professionally.

“I can’t do this Max.” She whispered from the bed next to his, her silken armour cut down to just a bra and panties. “I can’t keep coming back when they ask me to.”

“What do you mean Sybil?” Shroud asked as he got to his feet. His back still ached but it could move and that was an improvement to how Whiplash had left it.

No Caption Provided

“I’m not a hero, I never wanted to be one, never even wanted to be a villain. All I wanted was to be loved and to be comfortable.” Gypsy Moth answered. “Back in Hamburg before Moonstone and Oort the Living Comet torched my store, I was happy and I was comfortable. When I rejoined it was to save my own skin, I could of, should have left after the siege like that Strucker Witch.”

“Then why didn’t you?” Shroud asked as he watched silk from Gypsy Moth’s armour slip into her back.

“Because the last two times, I didn’t get it but now…now I think I do and I know that I’ll never measure up to the standards of Abe, Melissa and Erik.” Gypsy Moth replied. “I did something horrible because I was threatened; I attacked my friends and then imposed myself on them. Nobody is comfortable in that situation.”

“Sybil listen, when you joined the Night Shift back in those dark days I knew you could go the distance. I only chose the best and you, like the rest of them, were the best.” Should told her, a grim smile showing under his hood. “Now if you don’t think you can measure up just leave, but if you’re the same Gypsy Moth I used to know then you can handle this, I have faith in you.”

“That’s the problem.” Gypsy Moth whispered, “The old me wouldn’t have cared about the others and their feelings. Now I care too much about what others think of me, I feel like a failure because I keep getting injured.”

“Take some time and think it through.” Shroud told her. “The fact that you keep coming back should be answer enough for you.”

St Croix Rock, Seattle Coastline

Kona stopped as the trio of Thunderbolts reached the coastline, the remains of a charred and battered lighthouse standing like a blackened torch in a sea of wrecked gunboats and ships. The ‘Fly Byte’ she had injected into Foxbat was faintly reading from somewhere in the lighthouse but there was a lot of interference radiating off the building.

“He’s inside.” She told Chen as the pair of them watched Unicorn sway backwards and forwards at the water’s edge. While she couldn’t see through the reflective visor of her team-mates mask she could tell that something was bothering him. “There is something about this place is bothering you.” She stated bluntly, “Care to tell me what it is.”

“That lighthouse was used by Emplate a month and a half ago.” Chen told her. “Back when we were a real team, working towards our own agenda not Korral’s.” He added as Unicorn kicked the nearest boat before hopping away, muttering under his breath. “That tower is a focal point for his power, and even damaged and abandoned it should still be a magnet for the Thralls he abandoned here, yet I can’t feel any sign of them in this graveyard.”

No Caption Provided

“Maybe they left.” Kona suggested. “Or maybe the Riders killed them before moving in.” She added as Chen walked to where Unicorn was grumbling to himself.

“Possible.” Chen stated as he bent down next to the deranged villain. “Okay Milos what do you know about what’s going on.”

“Spot doesn’t want the Quoll to die!” Unicorn moaned. “He’s been here, Grey Man’s sweetie, he took all the shells and filled them with chemicals and machines and wires.” He groaned. “He took them and made them ready to make this place like his home.”

“Who is this ‘Grey Man’ you speak of?” Kona asked as she rested her hand on her pistol holster.

”Spot never told me, Spot says that if his name is spoken he will know that Spot escaped from him and follow.” Unicorn moaned as he looked up at the lighthouse. “But we know he must be stopped. The ‘Sweetie; has been here, Spot remembers his callousness very well.”

“The Sweetie?” Chen asked as Kona leapt onto the nearest boat and sprinted up to the helm.

“Sweets for my Sweet, Sugar for my Honey he used to sing.” Unicorn blabbered as Kona kicked the boarding ramp down for her team-mates. “Oh its terrible make is stop.”

“His madness seems to have worsened over the last few hours.” Kona murmured to Chen, “When I used to bring test subjects for experimentation it was always the ones most insane that caused all the problems. Kree doctrine was later altered to include legislation that resulted in the termination of such mad dogs.”

“We are not killing Unicorn and that is final.” Chen snapped causing Unicorn to jerk his head up and slam his horn into the metal beam of the ship cabin he had been crawling through. As he lowered himself down his battle ram slipped out and revealed a hole bored into his skull, a glowing red light emanating from inside.

“So sorry for that lads.” A voice announced, each word causing the light to pulse as Milos reached up for the embedded battle ram. “Are you okay Milos?”

“I’m fine Spot.” Unicorn stated blankly as he inserted the ram back into his skull. “What are we doing here?” He asked before shaking his head. “Oh yes we were chasing after the coward, come on Spot let’s find him quickly.” He added before leaping onto the next boat. Exchanging nervous glances Kona and Chen followed his path towards the lighthouse.

“Did you know there was something in there?” Chen asked, “Because I’ve never seen anything like that before.”

“No and I saw a lot with my time with the Lunatic Legion.” Kona answered. “But it’s clear that Milos and his little friend are hiding something from us, from Ronan and I plan to find out what it is.”

The Labyrinth, 1km under the Living Fortress

“I can’t walk any further.” The obese waddling form of Critical Mass whined as the two Mattock security men walked behind him. “I’m going to sue that Radiocative Man for doing this to me, going to sue you too for making me walk so far.”

“Yeah laugh it up dough-boy.” One of the guards snorted. “Just be glad that the Labyrinth isn’t like the other super prisons. When I worked at the Raft I saw Tiger Shark eat two fatties just because Whirlwind got the last pudding snack pack.”

No Caption Provided

“That true?” The second guard asked.

“Who knows, I heard it form Kevin, who heard it from Cory who claimed he saw video Eloise shot while she was working for her medical degree there.” The first guard whispered. “Still no need for blubber boy to know that.”

“I don’t feel well.” Critical Mass groaned as he tried to reach his belly, the organic handcuffs stopping his reach. Turning the corner the trio saw a female guard opening a cell, the lithe form of Whiplash tethered to the wall, ready for processing. Turning to face her obese team-mate she gave him a quick wink and flashed a smile at him. Groaning Critical Mass falls to his podgy knees, his fall not going unnoticed by the two guards. “I think…I think I’m going to explode!!” He roars before an energy surge explodes out of him as a blistering wave of heat so hot that it incinerates the two guards and causes the walls of the cells to wither and burn.

“Syrinx Control we have a breach!!” The female guard screamed before Whiplash turned and sent a graviton pulse into her body, the force sending her spine snapping with enough force to rip her torso from her body.

“Urgh my head.” An oriental prisoner dressed in an orange jumpsuit groaned. “Where are we?”

“A prison.” Whiplash stated in a grating voice. “But not for much longer, anyone who wants to leave follow me.” She added as a woman with long matted purple hair pushed through the crowd. “Ah you would be Grindhouse right? I’ve heard of your bloodthirsty reputation. Is there something you want to say?”

“Why the f**k should we follow a priss like you?!” Grindhouse swore. “I don’t know about the rest of you w****s but I want revenge on the a*******s who put us here.”

“This is why you should do what I say.” Whiplash hissed as she fired a gravitonic blast at Grindhouse that caused her arm to fracture. “Anyone else want to disagree with me? No well then get moving I crippled two of the Thunderbolts but the one called Blackheath is still a threat, I would rather get out before he can muster enough forces to recapture us.”

“Too late.” A voice boomed from the walls as a humanoid figure sprouted from the ceiling, unseen by any of the villains as they kept their eyes on Whiplash. “So Buzz-Saw, Sickle and Grindhouse not to mention Paralyzer and Firefly, you lost to the Thunderbolts before, what makes you think that escape is possible from my domain.”

“It’s not just us plant.” The Asian man stated as the group backed towards the door to the main access shaft only for a wall of wood to slam down, the barricade thwarting their escape.

No Caption Provided

”I assume you remember your old team-mates Blitz and Tangle.” Whiplash purred. “Not to mention the Digger and the Host when they came to this facility from the Cube. Don’t fool yourself Mr Smithers you can’t win, not on the team you are on at the moment. My master has seen the Star Fall and judged who is responsible.”

“The Starfall? What do you know about it Whiplash?” Blackheath asked cautiously as he took in the assorted criminals standing before him.

“Nothing compared to my Master, and all you have to do to get an audience with him, is to let us go.” Whiplash moaned in a seductive manner. “What are we worth when compared to the key to stop the next mass extinction? The choice is yours Mr Smithers, eleven convicts or all life on this planet.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Cool, cool. Really nice read.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Yep there are a few bits that relate back to Season 1 of T-Bolts when they fought Emplate but they are kind of self explanatory. As always thanks for the comment

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dboyrules2011: Hope to hear from you soon once your hiatus is complete

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: A brief reference to the Quoll

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#8 cbishop  Online
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cbishop  Online

@impurestcheese: Well, I need to read the previous issues, because clearly, I don't know what's going on, but it had plenty of cool moments. Added to my FF Long Box - Groups. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cbishop  Online

@impurestcheese: Aww, I thought maybe the Marauders were you picking up on my Marvel Mayhem story from CCC 30. :/

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I have thw group lined up in the 'Terrorist Meeting' alongside classic groups such as AIM and Hydra in the second third of American Tyrant.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ImpurestCheese