Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Rated MA, all characters owned by Marvel, Continued from:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-scourge-1-1457763/#8

No Caption Provided

Detective Riordan stood in the doorway and peered into the blackened shell of the apartment in Washington Heights.

“What have we got?” she asked as she stepped under the tape to get a closer look.

Crime Scene Technician Ryan Tucker looked up from his work “Hey Dallas. Not sure as yet, asides from the fact he was burnt alive”

“Who was he?”

“Victim was a male, late forties, um…Plumm with two em’s, Maxwell Plumm”

Dallas typed the info into her phone “Steeplejack!”

“Huh?” said Ryan.

“This guy use to be a super villain!” said Dallas “Ran about in a green outfit and a yellow construction helmet. Tried to shoot people with an acetylene torch. Was there a note?”

“Not that I found so far, but I did find your cause of death” Ryan stood up and peeled his gloves off “Massive blunt force trauma to the head”

“How can you tell?” asked Dallas pointing to the charred corpse sitting the remnants of an large arm chair “Place is burnt, he’s charcoal”

“He was incinerated post mortem.Cause of death was a massive blow to the forehead with either as crowbar or iron pipe” Ryan pointed to the skull, Dallas squinting trying hard to see what she was being shown “See the indent?”

“Ah no, but I’ll take your word for it” said Dallas “I was sure this was part of my cape killer investigation?” Dallas looked at the husk of the man left on the sofa “Hang on…you mean to tell me he was just sitting there when someone smashed his head in with a crowbar?”

“Seems so” replied Ryan

“So the victim knew their killer?”

Ryan shrugged “You’re the detective, didn’t some guy with a crowbar do a number on Thor the other night?”

“You think the Wrecker did this? If the Wrecker had done it, his head would look more like a squashed grape” said Dallas “But I’ll put him on my list of suspects” Dallas looked at the body again “Is there anything under him?”

Ryan moved to the body and slowly edged it up and away from the chair; the fat from his skin had melted into the plastic covering so it sounded like a chubby kid on a summer’s day getting out of a pleather beanbag as Ryan pried the burnt corpse up.

“This is why I’m the detective” joked Dallas as imbedded in Plumm’s back with a corkscrew was a blood soaked note.

No Caption Provided

I strike in their homes where they think they’re safe. I will strike as they do the most basic of life’s chores.

They will all die! But don’t cry for them, good people shouldn’t mourn scum!

Scourge of the Underworld

Dallas Riordan sat on her desk looking at the board she’d constructed of the three victims; their lives laid out and she tried to connect dots between them. Richard Deacon aka The Human Fly, Donald Thomas aka The Blue Streak and now Maxwell Plumm aka Steeplejack. Asides from being male and super villains, not much crossed over. They hadn’t even been in the Masters of Evil who took on the Avengers every six to eight months.

“Got anything Riordan?” asked Captain Blake Burdick as he swung by her office, hanging off the door frame.

“Honestly no” replied Dallas sipping her long cold coffee “Can you see anything?”

Captain Burdick stepped into her office and glanced at the board “All male, all losers, all lower tier costumed offenders, hmmm same parole officer?”

Dallas flipped through a pile of papers “Nope, tried that”

“Maybe it’s a simple as that we’re looking for a serial killer who preys on super villains” said the Captain

“Maybe we should point them towards the Kingpin” suggested Dallas.

“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that detective” He stared at her disapprovingly “We serve and protect remember?”

“Yes Captain” replied Dallas quietly

“Besides” added the Captain as he headed for the door ‘We could never get that lucky!”

Three dead; a mere drop removed from the ocean of scum!

All will die, none shall be spared, justice WILL be served!

@irishlad@joygirl@pyrogram (ummm I can't remember who else is in MM...sorry, will remember eventually)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Maybe it’s a simple as that we’re looking for a serial killer who preys on super villains” said the Captain

“Maybe we should point them towards the Kingpin” suggested Dallas.

“I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that detective” He stared at her disapprovingly “We serve and protect remember?”

“Yes Captain” replied Dallas quietly

“Besides” added the Captain as he headed for the door ‘We could never get that lucky!”

@batkevin74 Very good, still very intriguing!

Myrmidon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is what you are doing.

Amazing job.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74
Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Irishlad

Starting to catch up, this is pretty intriguing so far considering we don't really see it from scourge's perspective so far. Nice reference to Tales of Asgard as well keep up the great work

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: Continuity is the key to a good universe :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@batkevin74

Nice work. Love the last comment about never getting lucky enough for him to go after Kingpin.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@wildvine: It's always the way, the really "bad" ones seem to live a semi-charmed kinda life

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome job!! I can't wait to see more of Scourge!!!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By batkevin74
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped coz they're all near the top, grouping :)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lykopis

Excellent addition, I especially like how you've presented Dallas. The comment about the Kingpin got a laugh out of me -- if only it worked that way.

You definitely have a knack with continuity, it's great seeing you apply it masterfully. Appreciation abounds from me.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

*MIND BLOWN*

This is one HELL of a series mate!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyivydaredevilfan26: Ha ha ha, thanks! If your brain recovers it goes all the way to 11 so far

@lykopis: Thanks, and Kingpin jokes appear in Marvel Mayhem: Spider-Man as well, and he'll be out for some revenge because Wilson Fisk is nothing but petty, nasty and vengeful

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By TommytheHitman

Awesome! While I've never read anything on the Scourge he seems to be like a more subtle version of the Punisher. Great job!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: He's nastier than Punisher but he only targets super villains

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers