Marvel Mayhem: Operation Whitewater #1 (of 5)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Impurest Cheese & Marvel Mayhem Presents: Operation Whitewater #1 (of 5)

For Marvel Mayhem visit theLibraryor visit theGroup’s Facebook Page

Previously in Tales of the Raft - The Raft was broken into and the inmates escaped with such felons as Hobgoblin, Trapster, Rhino and the Scourge of the Underworld among them. Pitted against each other the prison descended into anarchy while the death rate soared. And while such threats as an ULTIMATUM terror attack were thwarted the stakes were still up in the air as 'heroes' Slyde and Spear came to blows as did Daniel Kingsley AKA the Hobgoblin when his brother Roderick AKA Devil Spider came to take his throne from him.

Inside the cramped Code Black squad room nobody spoke as the five officers geared up for the career changing moment they had just been granted. The unit was a black-bag squad, more mercenary than law enforcement, and they only took the roughest of the rough. Kept hidden from all but their publicly known counterparts in Code Blue the unit was rarely called out due to their shoot first ask questions later policy when it came to dealing with super-criminals.

“Okay here’s the deal.” The team leader Taylor Blackwell stated as he loaded a clip of live ammunition into the FN-FAL he carried. “The Raft has been compromised and those glory hogging sell-outs Code Blue are unavailable to deal with the problem. That’s why we are being called out to do the real work. While they face one lunatic on the bridge we are going to be dealing with a whole prison full of them.”

No Caption Provided

“Any civilians inside?” A woman holding a hardened Police Special Assault Rifle asked in a French accent.

“No all targets inside are hostiles. We have free reign to pick and chose any target we want Lee.” Blackwell answered. “Well there is an undercover officer inside but we have no obligation to rescue him. If he causes trouble put a round in his head.”

“What about high value targets?” A short man clutching a MAC-10 with an under barrel mounted taser asked.

“There are two that we know of Forster.” Blackwell replied. “Both are in the same locale, an auxiliary feeder station to the defence network. The primary target is Fer de Lance AKA Teresa Vasquez a serpent society reject, the other is the Mad Hacker a computer expert. Both are to be taken alive if possible although I highly doubt that they will just cooperate.”

“So what about the additional supplies we've been given?” A dark skinned man asked as he picked up the massive Denel NTW Sniper Rifle. “I've never heard of half of this stuff.”

“I can answer that.” Forster told him. “You and Lee have been supplied High Velocity Anti Material Rounds for heavy targets, in case we need to hold an area we have two Mini CROW sentries as well as four portable energy palisades for additional assistance. Everyone should also grab some XGW-18 rounds; one of them will strip a mutant of its powers in seconds. Finally we also have the newest weapon to come out of Madripoor, an anti metal fougasse, when activated it will burn straight through any metal surface in fifty meters and that means any metal including the armour worn by half the freaks inside.” He stated waving his hand over the table full of alien looking equipment. “Hopefully we won't need most of it Mackey.”

“I need only the weapons of my forefathers.” The last member of the team announced. At six foot tall and dressed in military cameo T'kana Kinto-Jones was among the best Wakanda had to offer but had left before her services as one of the Black Panther’s Dora Milaje could truly begin. The axe she carried was massive and the blade was made from Vibranium as was the pair of knives she wore strapped to her arms. Blackwell smiled, it was going to be slaughter inside the prison and the inmates wouldn't stand a chance. As he finished loading up there was a knock on the door and a patrol man entered.

No Caption Provided

“Sir your shutt…” Before he could finish Blackwell had crossed the room and held a WASP driving knife against the man’s throat.

“I work to my own schedule…P. Oca!” Blackwell snarled as his victim thrashed against the wall. “If I every see you again I will cut out every organ in your body one by one.” He warned before throwing the officer out the door. “Okay then ladies, gentlemen looks like the bus to work is ready.”

“Interesting.” Fer de Lance purred as she watched the feed Mad Hacker had downloaded from the servers. “Underhill has given us approval to engage the SWAT team until the main objective has been completed.”

“Yes but what to do, what to do. Them come in force and we are but two” The Mad Hacker chanted. “I know send Kingsley to stall and harry and bite, but which one survived the brother’s fight.”

“Which one do you think?” Fer de Lance answered. “I'll warn him so he can get a welcome ready for Code Black.”

Daniel Kingsley watched out from his position overlooking the exercise yard where two women fought for control of the armour that once belong to the Endotherm. Numbers were low after the initial battle between himself and MODAM and there was a need for more fighters due to increased interest from the outside world. Next to him stood Indali the second in command of the operation being run out of the hall. She remained motionless as the PA chimed and the girls in the yard stopped fighting to hear the announcement.

“Kingsley the police are sending armoured soldiers into the Raft.” Fer de Lance stated. “I trust that you will be more then ready to deal with them.”

No Caption Provided

“What do you think boss?” Indali asked.

“Gather all my new fighters to me.” A voice from the darkness announced as Devil Spider stood up from the throne in the shadows, an undetonated bayonet mine stabbed into his left eye. Indali nodded and walked over to the megaphone that lay on a table before Daniel.

“All new acquisitions are to report to the gym immediately!” She yelled as one of the girls in the pit faltered allowing her adversary to grab her arm and break it in a bone shattering twist. Turning she looked at where Daniel was crucified to the wall before walking seductively back to Roderick as he leaned against the rail the looked over the gym. Beneath him a virtual tide of newly costumed henchman were gathered all looking up at him with sheer awe and admiration.

“You all owe me a lot of money for the service I have provided for you.” Roderick stated. “But I am a fair man, I spared my brother and now I give you all a chance to reduce your debt. There are police officers coming here; now my instructions to you are to wipe them out to the last man. No questions no exceptions. Do you understand me?” He was answered by a cheer as the majority of the thugs ran off and the few remaining got into their costumes before joining their brothers and sisters in arms.

“They…will…fail you.” Daniel gasped.

“True but they serve their purpose.” Roderick answered as Indali passed him a can of anti-coagulant. Spraying the thick gel over his brothers wounds Devil Spider slapped Daniel on the cheek. “As do you brother, as do you.”

Spear watched Slyde as the later removed his mask and rubbed his forehead. Behind him Longbow watched the perimeter of the weather control station, the radar pylons relaying the flight path of a shuttle heading towards the facility.

“I give up.” Spear sighed. “I trusted you man but guess what you turned out to be a pig. No worse than a pig, you're a traitor as well. How many guys did you put in here, hell did you put me in here?”

“No.” Spear answered. “I was ordered to investigate the death of several low level criminals from the inside. I was making progress gathering evidence until a new player came on the scene. The guy I was after called himself Underworld, he worked as an assassin for Tombstone, killing criminals who opposed him. I gave the evidence to the precinct but then Scourge comes along and his kills were public, high profile. They left me under-cover to chase that guy, ironic because know he seems to be chasing us.”

No Caption Provided

“So you were trying to help us?” Spear asked. “Why? Why would a cop care about criminals being killed?”

“Murder of a criminal is still murder.” Slyde answered. “You both have helped me get partial control of the prison and I’ll make sure that the force acknowledges it even if you walk away now.”

“What of this Code Black?” Longbow asked. “I have never heard of them.”

“Yeah and you were better off when you didn't know. Code Black is the worst the force has to offer. Killers, thugs and sadists wrapped up in NYPD blue and give the authority to do what they want.” Slyde told her. “They will roll through here and leave more bodies than Scourge ever could in their wake. I'm not even sure they would spare me even though they know I'm a fellow officer.”

“Sounds like bad guys.” Spear stated. “You've been good to me so far I see no reason to jeopardize so I'll stick by you but we are no longer friends.”

“I read you.” Slyde replied. “We should try and regain control of the prison defences before they arrive, give them no reason to go on a shooting spree.”

“Too late.” Longbow announced gesturing to the screen that showed a shuttle landing at one of the docking bays. “They are already here.”

No Caption Provided

Blackwell kicked the ramp down and led his team out into the hangar bay littered with the corpses of ULTIMATUM agents. Not even batting an eyelid he gestured for his team to move out and secure the room. Seconds later a shot rang out and Lee emerged dragging the scraggly form of the Red Vulture into the middle of the room before throwing him down next to the empty pallets.

“First catch of the day. He was eating ze bodies.” Lee stated.

“Hmm Red Vulture, low level crook who works for the Maggia, cleans up bodies and the like.” Forster told her. “Not worth the ammo.”

“Tie him down and we'll regroup at the door.” Blackwell ordered. Lee nodded before cuffing the Red Vulture to one of the refuelling stations and spat on him before walking back to the others.

No Caption Provided

“Wonder what was on these pallets?” Mackey asked. “Boss you may want to look at this.” He yelled before picking up a note stuck to one of the pallets. Blackwell read it before swearing out loud. “Okay we have a new f***ing complication. Some terrorist cell has taken what they claim to be a biological weapon and are threatening to release it if the defences go online. Some of the freaks here are immune to that stuff so before we can get control of the prison we need to take these little pieces of s**t out. We're now on the clock, you see someone you shoot to kill, no exceptions.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice Scourge reference, lol. This is really good, it's nice to see a continuation keep up the standards.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@youngjustice: I try. Scourge is still out there looking for victims.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: "There are police officers coming here now my instructions to you are to wipe them out to the last man"

Read that sentence again for me, then think "Where would I put a comma or semi colon?"

“What of this Code Black?” Longbow asked. “I have never heard of them.”

“Yeah and you were better off than.

That doesn't make sense, the reply not the question

Loved it though. Drama, suspense, layering of elements. Chuckled at Advanced Ideas In Destructive Science or as the acronym would be A.I.D.S! Don't touch it, it's AIDS! Ahhhhhhhhh!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: There are some evil autocorrect errors that I'll be hunting down tomorrow. It should be 'then' rather than well 'than'. Yes A.I.D.S is one unfortunate acronym

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By TheSpiritStalker

Some minor punctuation errors. At first I was too lazy to read it but now I see it's a good piece. I admire your creativity. Definitely looking forward to the next issues.

A.I.D.S? lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#9 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

Sorry for the late comment. Great start here. I love how villains in this universe get into as much trouble as the heroes.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2