TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

New York City...

"Prodigy... what are you doing?"

Solo looked through his sniper rifle's scope as he watched two groups of 'superheroes' confront each other. The team on the left was called the New Warriors. One of their members was currently being detained by Iron Man. The team on the left was called the Slingers. A few seconds ago Iron Man had knocked out Night Thrasher for murder.

"Look! I'm sorry man!" The superhuman known as Prodigy said. He was stood beside Iron Man and even though he was wearing a mask, Solo could tell he was conflicted. "I... I don't even know what I'm doing here!"

"Calm down Prodigy." Iron Man said calmly as Nova walked towards him. "We're detaining a suspect for murder."

"Is that all he is to you Stark?!" Firestar yelled. "Just a common criminal to be thrown in the Raft?!"

Iron Man straitened himself up. Solo noticed his hand clenching up into a fist.

"Do you understand how much pressure I'm under?" Iron Man asked. "I'm the most public superhero on the face of the planet! Which means that people look to me when some psychopath like the Punisher shoots someone for Jaywalking! I have to keep the relations between the Superhero Population and the Government secure! Do you have ANY idea what kind of plans they have in case we ever go rogue?! DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH PRESSURE I'M UNDER?!"

Solo frowned as he watched Justice shove his way forward past his team and looked directly into Iron Man's eyes.

"Vance? Do you understand?" Iron Man asked.

Justice sighed as he picked Night Thrasher's body up off the floor.

"I understand what you're doing Tony. I know that in your own way you're doing what's right."

"Thank you Vance."

"However... that doesn't mean I'm just going to let you arrest my friend."

Solo folded his sniper up as Justice hovered in the air.

"NEW WARRIORS ATTACK!"

No Caption Provided

New Warriors HQ

"Stark? Stark?!" Miriam Sharpe yelled into her headset. She waited for a few seconds only to receive static. "God damn it..."

"Wh... where am I?"

Miriam stood up and looked towards the tied up body in the corner.

"Parkour. You're finally awake." Miriam said as she walked over.

"What... who the hell are you?!" The Hood's former messenger asked as he looked up at her.

"My name's Sharpe. MS Sharpe to you. Now... you're an operative for the psychopath that killed my son. Now I want answers."

"What are you talking about?"

Miriam picked up a bat lying on the side of her table.

No Caption Provided

"I want answers... and YOU'RE going to give them to me. Where. Is. The Hood?"

KRASH!!!

Iron Man smashed into the side of the Skyscraper. Small pieces of debris fell around him as he tapped the side of his helmet.

"What the... oh. You damaged my viewing field you idiot! My aim's off two inches to the right!"

A gigantic hand reached in and grabbed him by the waist as Goliath started to crush him.

"I'll be sure to send a paycheck."

Iron Man struggled as he tried to pry Goliath's fingers loose.

"Outer Armor Exterior. Pym Particles." Iron Man said to his armor command.

Goliath yelled in pain as a burst of energy projected from Iron Man's body. He released him quickly as he waved his hand around trying to cool it down.

"You really think I spent all that time with Hank Pym and didn't come up with a counter measure for his size changing?" Iron Man asked as Goliath started to shrink back down to human size.

"Wow! Firestar!" Ricochet yelled as he threw one of his throwing discs in Firestar's general direction. "I... it's such an honor to meet you!"

Firestar generated a blast of fire destroying the disc in mid air.

"Johnny! Less talking more winning!" The Hornet yelled as he fired a laser beam towards Nova. Nova flew right threw it and grabbed Hornet by the chest.

"I don't know who you are. But you're working for the wrong side here!" Nova said as raised Hornet into the air. The Hornet raised his right arm as he was about to fire another energy blast. "I warned you." Nova tore the Hornet's right energy glove off showing his diseased hand.

"No! Put it back on!" Hornet yelled as Nova gently dropped him on the ground. The Hornet had a palsied hand, it was badly infected with several scars running down it.

"Please stop this." Justice said as he blocked a punch from Dusk. "We don't HAVE to fight!"

"Stay still!"

"Do you... do you even have any powers?" Justice asked as he blocked ANOTHER punch from Dusk.

"Hey! Vance!" Prodigy yelled causing Justice to turn around for a second. When Justice turned back Dusk's cape had extended and was starting to wrap around him.

"Do you know what it's like to be under appreciated?!" Dusk yelled. "To have DIED saving the world and yet nobody knows who you are?!" Her cape was now wrapping around the rest of the New Warriors as well. "We're Slingers! People don't know WHO we are! Yet we protect them! While people like YOU take all the credit for catching bank robbers!"

"Please! Stop!" Justice yelled as Dusk started to drag the rest of the team towards her.

Dusk looked up. Beneath her mask, her eyes turned red.

"It's time to be accepted." She said. A few seconds later the whole world went black as the New Warriors (except for the unconscious Night Thrasher) disappeared.

"Great job team." Iron Man said as he hovered down to the building rooftop. "Dusk. Keep them in your... cape? Until I'm ready for them. I need you to take Night Thrasher to Stark Tower till I get there."

"Uh... Iron Man?" Ricochet said awkwardly. "Where are you going?"

Iron Man frowned beneath his helmet.

"I need to speak to Miriam Sharpe."

Solo frowned as he watched Iron Man fly up into the sky. He looked at the Slingers below. When he'd been hired he hadn't been told the full deal... however now that he was aware of the details he wasn't happy. Not at all.

"Ow..." Justice rubbed his head. The ground beneath him was rocky and... burning? He could smell brimstone. "Uh guys?"

Justice looked up to see the rest of the New Warriors unconscious. Above them stood a tall demon with an evil smile.

No Caption Provided

"WELCOME." Mephisto said as he drank a bone glass of wine. "WELCOME TO MY REALM."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Mephistopheles is back. Nice work especially the fight scene. :-)

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By TheManInTheShoe

Yet another good chapter. Though I have one tiny complaint, sometimes they use words or phrases that doesn't sound "normal". Like "Do you have ANY idea what kind of plans they have in case we ever go rogue." To go rogue feels like a way we fans speak but "normal" people in situations wouldn't.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Bump.