Marvel Mayhem: Masters of Evil #5 (of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Masters of Evil #5 - Magic Hour

All Characters are owned by Marvel Comics

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here

Want more Marvel Mayhem? Check out The Library and the Group's Facebook Page

“Holy cow.” Vassal; gasped as he looked around the massive room lined with containers and artefacts. “It’s like the end of Indiana Jones in here!!”

“Or Warehouse 13.” Gargouille added before feeling her partner’s bail force stare on her neck. “What?”

“Didn’t peg you as that kind of person that’s all.” Vassal answered. “And we’ve pretty much come to the end of the plan detailed by Moonstone.” He added before stepping off his floating platform. “Anywhere else a stone tablet would stick out but here they seem to be a dime a dozen.”

“Not quite.” A voice radiated from his disc before displaying a hologram of Moonstone. “Thank you for your hard work but I’m afraid we’re terminating your contracts.”

“What?!” Gargouille hissed. “You witch you set us up.”

No Caption Provided

“I’d keep it down if I were you.” Moonstone purred. “You don’t want to alert security. I'm afraid our infamy has attracted interested parties, so Zaran and I decided to find some proxies. Alas I can’t speak for long; I don’t wish to be seen as an accessory.” She added before disappearing. Seconds later the disc’s internal systems melted and the device fell to the floor with an almighty clang.

“You think anyone heard that?” Gargouille asked as a lift in the floor rose up to reveal Orka and Victoria, the later holding an urn.

“What do you think?” Vassal replied sarcastically.

Wirehead crept past the screaming and sobbing guards before slipping into the security office, a slight electrical tingle running through the door into his hand. Sitting inside, knees curled up under her arms, was Aftershock, silent tears running down her face.

“What’s happened?” Wirehead asked. “What went wrong?”

“Will O Wisp is dead.”

“But he’s made of light, how can that happen?” Wirehead asked. “Also my save data remembers you being mean to him. I think it was he level between getting on the plane and hitting the ground.”

“I didn’t like him.” Aftershock answered. “But he was a fellow energy being. After the experiment, after my father changed me into this he told me that we could never die. He lied to me, I saw a man die today and that means I can die too.”

“So death isn’t too scary.” Wirehead told her. “Sure you just have the single 1UP but as long as you enjoy the gameplay things will be okay. On other game related news. the whole place is tearing apart and I have possibly the coolest ride in digital history waiting to get us out of here, so are you in?”

“Let’s roll.” Aftershock stated before getting to her feet. “Oh and I’m driving.”

No Caption Provided

Vassal grunted in pain as Orka threw him across the room into a shelf of glowing green orbs, the artefacts shattering in brilliant viridian explosions around him. Having faced Litterbug he had come to believe that he was in the same league as the ex-Thunderbolt. The truth was different; while Litterbug had been feral Orka was smart enough to read his opponents move and react accordingly, that coupled with his super strength made him a bone shattering foe.

“Urgh and I thought whales were gentle creatures.” Vassal moaned as Gargouille flew overhead, only to be cut down by a sonic pulse, the blast causing a stone statue of a harpy to echo and amplify the sound. “Okay Shammu bring it.” He growled as Orka flexed his muscles and cracked his knuckles.

“Consider it brought.” Orka snorted as he leapt into battle, his speed and strength allowing him to plough through a crate loaded with candles, their wicks spontaneously combusting as they were exposed to oxygen before releasing pink smoke hearts. Not stopping Orka carried on the assault, blocking an axe slash from Vassal before flipping his opponent upside down and slamming him head first into the floor.

“Vassal are you okay?” Gargouille called as she swiped at Victoria only to see the SHIELD agent duck under the blow and lash out with a leg sweep, tripping the mutant before stabbing an EMP disc onto her new mechanical wings.

“Hunky Dory.” Vassal groaned. “These guys outclass Litterbug tenfold.”

“I should think so.” Victoria spat as Gargouille grabbed her by the leg. “You’re both under arrest; now tell us why you are here?” She ordered as she shook off Gargouille and removes a pair of power-dampening hand-cuffs from her belt.

“You can’t arrest the Masters of Evil.” Headsman snorted as he stroked his left gauntlet. “We came to take what we want and nobody, least of all a pair of washed up Thunderbolts is going to stop us!” He added as a pumpkin shaped mini-rocket flew out of the gauntlet, the munition hitting Orka in the chest and propelling him through two shelves of magical artefacts before exploding.

“Stop resisting you’re making things worse for yourself!!” Victoria ordered before reaching for a tactical stun-stick, only for Gargouille tackle her, the speed and strength of the impact sending her tumbling into an antique arm-chair, its wooden arms decorated with carvings of swans. Pushing herself up using the arm of the chair Victoria took a step forward before vanishing in a puff of smoke and white feathers.

“Okay that was weird.” Vassal stated as Orka groaned and got to his feet, his hands clutched around a massive seven foot long axe decorated with squirming fire etched runes.

“What did you do with Victoria!!” He boomed, the head of his axe glowing red with pure rage.

“Not sure, that chair did something to her.” Gargouille stated only to see Orka howl in anger and rage, spittle flying from his mouth as he got ready to charge. “We’re boned.”

“Totally.” Vassal agreed as the wall behind them smashed open, and a massive hard light truck with a snow plough mounted on the front, crashed into the room. Not even slowing down the truck continued moving forward, and ploughed into Orka sending him flying.

“Get in.” Wirehead called as he kicked the door open. Not wasting any time Vassal and Gargouille climbed in. Reversing the truck, Aftershock backed the vehicle out of the base and, sent it into a handbrake turn so that it was facing the exit.

No Caption Provided

“Joysticks nice.” Vassal stated sarcastically. “So we pretty much got screwed over on this job, Anyone want to just grab Scarecrow and leave.”

“I second that.” Gargouille stated as Aftershock squeezed the joystick, and sent the truck rumbling forward towards the security cordon. “Although I reckon Scarecrow will be long gone by now.” She added as a pink missile with Scarecrow attached to the end slammed into the wind-screen, the shock causing the driver to slam on the brakes.

“God I hit him.” Aftershock gasped as Scarecrow squirmed on the hood. “Is he okay?”

“Urgh just fine.” Scarecrow grunted as the truck disintegrated, its occupants being rudely deposited on the floor.

“You won’t be when we’re finished.” A voice announced as four figures surrounded them. “You're contracts are just about to be terminated.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: “So death isn’t too scary.” Wirehead told her. “Sure you just have the single 1UP but as long as you enjoy the gameplay things will be okay. On other game related news. the whole place is tearing apart and I have possibly the coolest ride in digital history waiting to get us out of here, so are you in?”

Wirehead needs a solo! Ditch these losers like now!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: He has to go through Songbird and co first before he can earn his freedom. Unfortunately the story was finished before the 1st Issue was released. You may be upset with the ending...then again you might not be. :-P