Marvel Mayhem: Masters of Evil #2 (of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Masters of Evil #2 - Hunters and the Hunted

All Characters are owned by Marvel Comics

Missed Last Issue? Click Here to Catch Up

For More Marvel Mayhem check out The Library and the Group's Facebook Page

As the plane shook Vassal sprung from his seat and cracked open the crate next to him, the sides marked with a biohazard symbol to reveal a flattened flying disc. Starting the engine he felt something heavy tackle him from behind before looking up to see the sadistic grin of the Scarecrow towering over him.

“I'll take that.” He cackled as he leapt on the disc and blasted out of the plane as the others were sucked out of the exit hole he created.

“Ha sucks to be you.” Aftershock cackled as Vassal fell past her. “See you at the bottom splat.”

“Gotcha.” Gargouille hissed as she dived down and grabbed Vassal by the shoulders her wing beating like mad to slow their descent. “How much do you weigh?” She grunted.

No Caption Provided

“I’m carrying a little extra holiday weight okay.” Vassal answered. “Still thanks for the save. How about everyone else? Are they okay?” He asked as Wirehead fell past them screaming. “Okay I guess not?”

“I’m on it.” Will O Wisp called out as he streaked past. “Hey man you know that in a few seconds you'll be dead right?”

“Yeah but the graphics are so cool!!” Wirehead screamed before releasing a whoop of excitement. “Okay enough messing around you only get one life in this game.” He added as the area in-front of him pixilated before forming into a bulky 3D model of a cloud. “Clouds for everyone!!” He called out as clouds formed under his team-mates feet, before extending themselves into fluffy staircases all the way to the ground. “Last one down gets negative ten coins.” He stated before leaping down the steps as fast as he could,

“That kid isn't right in the head.” Will O Wisp told Vassal as he and Gargouille started running to the bottom.

“Maybe but it’s not him I am worrying about. I’ll do you a deal; I'll watch your backs if you watch mine.” Vassal stated as they reached solid ground.

“I think that’s wise.” Gargouille hissed as she looked around at the gutted buildings and smoking debris. “This place isn't right, it’s too desolate.” She added as Scarecrow landed the disc and shot Vassal a sneer before throwing it against a building, the force of the blow shattering the motors inside.

“Anyone know where we have to go?” Aftershock snorted. “It’s not like Moonstone gave us a location to meet her at.”

“We don't need one.” Will O Wisp buzzed. “She and Oort leave photokinetic contrails behind them when they fly.My powers allow me to see them, even track them after they have faded. The trail we need to follow ends five and a half miles to the North.”

“Five mile hike pfft.” Aftershock spat. “Nothing too hard about that.” She added as Wirehead wandered over to the nearest barricade. “I can move faster alone without slowcoaches like you.” She announced, flicking her hair as she started to wander off.

“Whoa cool scenery items!!” Wirehead called out causing the others to turn and look at where he was standing. Three strands of razor-wire had been strung across the path and caught in the netting were two decomposing bodies. Beyond that lay a forest of stakes as far as they eye could see, each one decorated with a decapitated head.

No Caption Provided

“You were saying Aftershock?” Vassal sighed as he walked over to the fence. “Poor sods strung up in the wire like that, they must have been terrified.” He added as Scarecrow took a deep breath in and looked at the bodies, his head tilted at an obscure angle. “What is it?”

“These bodies held no fear when they were alive.” Scarecrow hissed. “And I've never seen anything like the mutilation that occurred to their hands.” He added revealing a hole in the corpses skeletal hands completed with jagged little teeth. Gargouille took one look at it and screamed before throwing up on the floor, her granite grey skin draining to a pallid white.

”What’s wrong with her?” Aftershock snickered. “It’s like she’s never seen a dead body before?”

“We should leave here now!!” Gargouille hissed, “This place is cursed!”

”Curses are for hacks like Dr Strange or those Asgardian idiots.” Scarecrow snorted. “There is nothing to fear but fear itself.” He added as he vaulted over the barbed wire and headed towards the skyscraper.

“Somebody go get him back.” Vassal sighted as Will O Wisp and Aftershock phased through the wire and chased after Scarecrow.

“Cool a Quest.” Wirehead chirped as he cut through the wire with a hastily formed energy sword. “Wait for me guys!!” He yelled before tripping over a strand of wire, a flare rocketing up from the pile of junk the trip wire was connected too.

“Oh snap.” Gargouille hissed as the sound of pounding feet echoed around the area. Running to catch up with the others Vassal and Gargouille saw that the other villains had clustered around a dead redwood tree planted in the middle of a crossroads. “Anyone see anything?” Vassal asked as the sound of feet grew louder.

“Electrical signals to the left.” Aftershock buzzed. “Wait GET DOWN!!” She screamed as a gun turret popped up and opened fire on the group, bullets slashing trails in the radioactive dust as the villains moved out of the weapons line of sight. In the corner of his eye Vassal spotted something shining and narrowed his eyes before hitting the deck, a sniper round whizzing through the masonry he had been leaning against.

“It’s a kill box. Wisp get us out of here now!!” He yelled as Will O Wisp hovered over the battlefield before letting out a blinding flash. Not waiting for the attackers to refocus themselves Vassal hit the ground running, crossing the street and slipping into a looted shopping centre, the others hot on his heels. Rounding the corner he came to a stop as five men dressed in black ballistic armour turned to meet them, their breastplates decorated with a red dragon clutching a pair of swords. Seconds later the men were on the ground unconscious or worse.

“So anyone know who these guys are?” Aftershock asked. “Or why they are after us?”

“These NPCs look just like Madripoorian Commandos from Code of Honour: Red Dawn II. The one where you fight Madame Hydra and her concubines in the throne room while they’re naked.”

“Wirehead please this is not a video-game.” Vassal sighed. “Okay let’s cut through here and find the other Masters of Evil before we they catch up to us.”

“Mmm Fear, this place reeks of it.” Scarecrow hissed. “It’s there hunting ground, the victims are taken alive whilst paralysed by terror. I like these people.” He added as one of the shop fronts creaked open slightly and a blow dart shot through the air and jabbed into Aftershock’s neck. Seconds later the whole mall was alive with noise and panic as Madripoorian soldiers emerged from the shops, all of them armed with batons, katanas and harpoons.

No Caption Provided

“Looks like we're going to have to fight our way out.” Gargouille analyzed as the horde of soldiers moved in, “Back to back, stand firm and we'll triumph.”

“Speak for yourself.” Scarecrow hissed as he charged into the crowd, slashing through the weakest line of defence before sprinting out the mall.

“Coward!!” Gargouille yelled as Aftershock collapsed her head held in her hands. “Aftershock what’s happening?” She asked as Vassal and the others surround their fallen comrade.

“I ran away, and they found me and stuck things into me. It hurts even now.” Aftershock cried as Will O Wisp blasted a file of soldiers with a lance of light. “And he did nothing, not even when I cried.” She continued before turning and pointing at a man wearing nothing but a tribal mask and armed with a cleaver and broad sword. “He was there, the man who was my father and he did nothing!!” She spat.

“Who the guy with a +4 Broadsword and a Cleaver of Chaos?” Wirehead asked as he cut through a soldier’s head with his energy sword.

“Keep them at arms length.” Vassal ordered. “Wisp anything that you can summon up to create a barrier would be good right now.” He added as the man with the cleaver was handed a Milkor Grenade Launcher by one of the commandos and aimed down the sight. “Oh god.” He whispered as the grenade flew into the circle and detonated, thick clouds of gas filling the room. Seconds later he was choking and coughing as the gas bit into his eyes and made him feel woozy. “Not like this, it can't end….like this.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: Still allergic to commas! Do me a favour and read your opening sentence for with out passing out from lack of oxygen. A simple comma after shook is all it needs: "As the plane shook, Vassal sprung from his seat and cracked open the crate next to him marked with a biohazard symbol on the side to reveal a flattened flying disc."

Pretty good asides from that

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Oxygen is overrated LOL. Thanks for the comment and the advice.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: This may explain the lack of comments on your work. People do read it, but pass out and decide that due to your comma allergy to go elsewhere. It's a theory :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I actually added more commas in this series then usual. Just needs more then one proofread I guess to find the sentences I missed.