Marvel Mayhem: Masters of Evil #1 (of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Master's of Evil #1 - Introduction to Being Bad

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

For more Marvel Mayhem check out the Group's Facebook Page and Library

The ground shook as a fuel tanker emblazoned with the eagle logo of SHIELD flew across the courtyard and exploded on the tarmac. All around the private airfield agents ran up and down occasionally firing to the west as more flying projectiles were launched down wind from the thrower, a massive man clad in green armour; a pair of metallic jaws extended from his helmet as he walked forward.

“Eagle Actual we have a confirmed super criminal on site and engaging personnel.” The commander on the ground called out to the staff positioned in the air traffic control tower.

No Caption Provided

“We read you Eagle 2.1.” A woman replied as she looked at the screen and located the speaker on the IFF map spread out before her. “Scrambling sniper cover ASAP.” She added before flicking her blonde hair out of her eyes and turning to face the gaunt green skinned figure standing behind her, a ballistic scope drilled into his features. “Terminate their leadership.” She hissed before turning to face the east of the airstrip and the pair of armoured transports steaming towards the tower. “Beta Team you have armoured units moving in.” She stated as the crack of a sniper rifle sounded and the ground commander slumped to the floor, a bullet hole drilled through his head.

“We're on it.” A voice announced as down on the floor a man dressed in red poked his head out of a trench line and threw a pair of sticky mines onto the APCs, the parasitic projectiles counting down rapidly to zero before exploding. Where once two armoured vehicles and their crews had been now there was simply two massive piles of dust with no way to distinguish what had been a man from what used to be a machine. “Head up Alpha we have a helicopter gunship incoming, missiles locking onto the tower.”

“Thanks for the sit-rep Beta, scrambling counter measures now.” The woman in the tower responded as a streak of light shot down from the heavens, smashed through the helicopter and landed on the tarmac so hard it created an impact crater over a meter wide. As the dust and light settled the figure moved and revealed itself to be a spacesuit with a gleaming orb of light inside. Looking around it locked onto the figure in green before relaxing as the last SHIELD agents were mown down.

“Omega Unit we are clear. All hostiles neutralised.” The woman hissed as she and the sniper sprung off of the tower to land next to the two super criminals on the ground. “Did you get what we came for?”

“In a way.” An English accented voice answered as a man in leather dragged a struggling shield agent out of the underground hanger. “Talk like we paid you to; tell us what MACE is and where it’s based.”

“Ha rhyme.” The man in red snorted. The agents shook his head before handing the man in leather a scrap of paper.

“Thank you for your cooperation.” The man in leather stated before breaking the agent’s neck. “Let’s regroup before SHIELD send emergency responders here.” He ordered as all six figures disappeared in a flash of light leaving nothing behind but an airstrip now only inhabited by the dead. For a second there was no change and then suddenly the image went black as the man in a full length hazmat suit ejected the DVD from the laptop. “So what’s your answer?” He asked the figure standing on a wooden dais in the shadow while he tied a rope to the banister.

“I don't watch a lot of TV Mr Deangelo but this show is just up my alley. Tell me who are the characters and why is this important to me?” The man clutching the rope asked.

“They're the Masters of Evil; Moonstone, Zaran the Weapons Master, Gauntlet, Chemistro, Stag Beetle and Oort the Living Comet. Big names over on the west coast apparently.” Deangelo explained. “And to answer the second question…well you know the contract you signed with Typhoon Recruitment and Management; we sold it to the Masters of Evil.”

“You did what!?” The man with the rope hissed. “Without my consent!!”

“It’s just good business,” Deangelo stated as he handed the man a sealed envelope. “Plane tickets, passport and instructions. The Masters want you on the first plane out to Tacoma. Trust me the fee you'll receive is worth the slight upset this moment has caused.”

No Caption Provided

“Perhaps you're right,” The man with the ropes sighed as he picked an item up off the floor, “and I’m afraid that I demand another kind of fee.” He added coldly before throwing the item at Deangelo causing him to collapse onto the floor, a pitchfork embedded in his chest. Emerging from the shadows the man revealed his contorted and scarred face to the dying agent “Now if you excuse me I have a plane to catch.”

The Korral Security Solutions Gulfstream Jet was built for comfort, barely even shuddering as it hit the turbulence much to the relief of the six passengers. The whole atmosphere smelled of affluence and Ebenezer Laughton thought back to his own flat back in Jersey City. No doubt the police would find Deangelo and the call girl he'd picked off the street but if his current knowledge was right there would be nobody who could touch him when he got inside the Seattle Quarantine Zone.

“So what’s your deal?” A hulking mountain of a man dressed in a purple hood and green armour asked as he cradled a five foot long axe.

“Surely you've heard of the sinister Scarecrow.” Ebenezer hissed as he stroked his pitchfork menacingly.

“Have you heard of me?” The giant asked. Ebenezer shook his head. “I rest my point. Still I like to know my team, figure out how we can work together to overcome the odds. My name is Cleavon Twain but in the business I’m called Vassal.” He announced.

”Cleavon Twain?” A woman dressed in a black and yellow body suit snorted. “So what? Did you’re parents hate you or something? I know mine did; my father is Electro and you can call me Aftershock: you’re superior.”

“Wow you got your father’s arrogance.” A man dressed in steel armour over a blue jumpsuit accented with a white lightning bolt on the chest stated snidely. “My name is Wirehead. If you can imagine it I can bring it into this world.”

“Are you a mutant?” A short woman with grey skin, massive bat like wings and demonic horns asked. “My name is Gargouille, I'm tougher and faster then I look.”

“And that leaves the last of our number.” Ebenezer hissed. “I know the Will O Wisp, a pathetic waste of space with lame light based powers. He was trying to be a hero but fell of the ladder.”

No Caption Provided

“Typhoon sold my contract.” Will O Wisp sighed. “They said if I helped the Masters of Evil they would release my contract to me and never call me again.”

“Aw is the little pixie crying because of the mean people.” Aftershock cooed. “Grow a pair you coward, life is tough get on with it.” The plane shaking as she finished her rant.

“Did you feel that?” Gargouille asked as twin streaks of light spun around the plane before phasing through the fuselage and solidifying into the feminine form of Moonstone flanked by Oort the Living Comet.

“So you're the candidates Typhoon sent me?” Moonstone purred as Oort flexed his suit’s fingers. “Time to weed out the weak members of the herd.” She added as photonic hands formed outside the plane and ripped the wings off. “Those who survive the crash come find us.” She hissed as she and Oort phased out the plane’s walls and streaked off into the sky. “We'll be waiting for you.”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Nice. I like it. But where's Master Mold? Isn't he a Master of Evil? =P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: You tease you. Thanks for the comment and no Master Mould would never work with the fleshy beings known as the Masters of Evil

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@impurestcheese: You misspell Deangelo's name a few times throughout; "He ordered as all six figured disappeared" I think you mean figures otherwise some million dollar paychecks attacked an airstrip and while I get you're trying to build mystery on who the cast is going to be, personally just get into it!

Masters of Evil Vs the Legion of Losers: GO!

Also who is this Deangelo guy? Anyone? Bueller?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Cool will edit later. And yes Autocorrect hates Deangalo. The man himself was a crooked real estate agent and criminal headhunter working for Zodiak in the Marvel comic Vengance

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

GAH! I don't know who these people are! Good work though and it seems kinda cool to have the daughter of Electro appear. Still know nothing about her though...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Really? I always assumed Aftershock and Scarecrow were relatively well known? I guess it will be a steep learning curve for you over the next five issues.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@impurestcheese: Well I know a little about the Scarecrow, Chemistro and Moonstone. That's it.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deadite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Deadite

@impurestcheeseFully drew me into liking the actions that happened, the actions at the first half are merciless and serious, and the villains are cared for by the author since they seem to be leading the story, at least at this point. This aspect I like a lot. And the contract they signed on and had passed on to a different owner is deadly, seeing how Moonstone is treating them so far.

Very much looking forward to the next chapter.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadite: Thanks for the comment. I always have found writing bad guys easier then the good guys so I'm just pushing my strength.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@impurestcheese

See, that's how you do a cliff hanger. By ripping the wings off the plane. Great read IC

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: Thanks. I actually wrote all six issues together and looked for good places to stop. It only seemed natural that Oort the Living Comet ripping the wings of the plane off would be a good place to stop

Yep we remember you Oort
Yep we remember you Oort

Delphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 18

@impurestcheese: THAT ENDING! I am seriously looking forward to seeing where you go with this. I'm not quite that familiar with that many of the characters, but I'm looking forward to learning who they are. At the beginning I was a little bit lost, because I had a hard time telling what exactly was going on. I couldn't quite tell if the dialogue was that of the SHIELD agents or of comm traffic between "MoE members". Also the team introducing themselves to one another felt a little strange, but it wasn't bad. It was just different for me, because it was the first time I've seen it that way. It was sort of like a roll call-esque introduction. This series has a lot of promise though. I look forward to reading more, and I'll let you know more here soon. I'll do a mass reading, compile notes on each chapter and let you know what I think of them individually. Once again, Bravo. Another amazing job, from an amazing writer. ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@delphic: Cool thanks for the comment. Most of the beginning is MoE comm traffic. And the roll call kind of thing was because a lot of people don't know the chatacters - it's not just you.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

VERY cool, had me hooked from the get. Nice job!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter!!! I've never heard of these characters before, but just like with the Thunderbolts, you really made me interested in these characters! And that ENDING...man I can't wait to see what happens next!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3