Marvel Mayhem Learning Gen-X Style Wrap Up

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Well, it is official. Marvel Mayhem is considered defunct. If you don’t know what that means, let me briefly explain. It’s a word that means ‘no longer in use, or in service’. The past few months, as myself and the group leader, ImpurestCheese, has noticed, there have not been many postings, except by either of us. Also, readership is way down. In essence, the group is inactive. Now, I hate to leave things up in the air, but if I were to keep going with no one reading the stuff, or others contributing, well, it’s not cool. Marvel Mayhem started as a group, each member doing their own series.

Now, part of what happened to the group can be linked to some of the members. Some members were using other peoples characters, not clearing it with them, and causing all sorts of fuss. Sure, we are a fic group writing fiction, but that doesn’t mean you can say the same character is in a coma in one issue of one person’s series, but in another person’s series, set at the same time, he is alive and kicking.

Another part of the problem is that there are several groups on ComicVine, and when they post a new issue of their series, the bump all their previous issues at the same time. This quickly drops anything else someone posts off the first page of postings. This also hurts the other groups, and ComicVine has some rules about their postings, one of which is the same person can’t comment many times in a row.

Anyhow, with that said, let me cover what was due to happen in my series, Learning Gen-X Style.

First off, the last issue ended in a cliff hanger. It looked like Monet’s plan to get both Richard Cale and Yvette out of the way was about to work. The truth, however, would have played out this way. Richard, at the end of the issue, was aware not all was as it appeared. This is due to Yvette shouting out the ‘pet name’ he had for her. It will also be at this time that the police on the scene get info about Quinn’s last victim. He had only been in a coma, since he had been a mutant. This results in the one officer exposing the truth in a self sacrificing way. This would lead to Monet then fleeing the school, upset, and taking Japheth with her. She would have also had Roxanne attack the rest, as a diversion, and an attempt to allow Roxanne to fully become an emplate.

Roxanne is stopped, due to a distraction caused by Yvette, which also briefly tempts a crazed Richard. Both of them are knocked out by a psychic blast. It is at this point a proto-cure for thralls is given to Roxanne, and the team, minus Yvette and Richard, follows Monet to her new lair. During this time, one of the team, either Abi or Clarice, is killed by Monet, and Monet is killed by one of the other members. This ends the threat of thralls by Monet.

After this, other things were basically planned. Since Monet was alive in the future of Marvel Mayhem’s universe, Richard and Yvette had figured that they would have to deal with Mojo to get the clone of Monet, which would eventually become an emplate. It also allowed them to deal with what X-Stacy (this is the original intended name for Stacy-X) had done to them, successfully breaking her hold on them. Once the clone of Monet is with them, they also give her the proto-cure, but keep her unaware of what happened. The clone is then sent to the Marvel Mayhem universes version of the Avengers.

Also, it would be revealed that Jubilation is no longer a vampire. When the blood lust had hit the girl back on Yvette’s birthday, it triggered a fail-safe that the Dark Beast of Marvel Mayhem’s universe. He had put nanobots in her that started to undo the vampirism when any bloodlust hit her. It would also be discovered that Jubilation and Angelo had ‘relations’ prior to Monet’s attack, and that Jubilation is now pregnant. The future this would take was to be up in the air.

Speaking of relationships, I shall inform you that in the future, it might have been possible that a side relationship might have started between Yvette and Roxanne. Since both had been fed on by ‘Emplates’, it is possible a relationship as kindred spirits might have formed. In a way, I was toying with the idea of making Yvette bisexual. Given her power, of course, she might be drawn to anyone who would not be outright hurt by her. This would not mean the end of the relationship between Richard and Yvette, of course, but it was just an idea I was thinking about as a possibility

It’s might have also been possible for a relationship to have bloomed between Emma and Sean, but that has been tossed about by fans for years. Hell, one of the best ones working with that possibility was a fic series where the Gen X’er’s were turned into cats. It was cute, and funny.

As for the school, it would have remained open for a good long time, with some of the Generation X members remaining as teachers, and some moving on to the parent group of X-Men. They would have all become experts on dealing with Emplate and his thralls. Some would have even formed families, including Richard and Yvette, and Jubilation and Angelo. It is even possible that Jonothan and Clarice would have formed into a family unit.

That, at least, covers all ideas that were in the possible future for Learning Gen-X Style. Now I need to issue a few shout outs, and thanks.

First off, I’d like to thank @Irishlad for getting me involved with Marvel Mayhem. He had messaged me on Fanfiction.net due to my Generation X fan fictions. Had he not done that, I wouldn’t have gotten involved. It made me feel good to know that people who read my Generation X fics thought it good enough to invite me into such a group.

Second, I’d like to thank @impurestcheese, especially for suggesting what had been the first crossover in the groups short history. She is a terrific writer, and handle my characters with respect. It is sad that the group is ceasing to be, since it also means another story that was only in the early planning stages will go unwritten.

Third, I want to thank @rabbitearsblog. She worked with me on a second crossover involving Generation X, and it was around the beginning of this year. That had been a very turbulent time for me. To be honest, it was the start of a very turbulent year so far. Still, she treated the Generation X characters with respect, as well as took my advice when I offered it.

Fourth, I want to thank @joygirl and @wildvine. Both of them communicated, at some point, with me when I started on the plan to add Abi, and then Jubilation to the team I worked with. Actually, Joygirl even said she was glad I was taking the character of Jubilation on after she left. Wildvine also tried to continue that series, and was trying to incorporate how Jubilation got to my team.

If you all ever do another Generation X fic, or use any of the Generation X characters in a fic, you have my full blessing that you can use Richard Cale in the fic. As you are all aware, he was a character I had come up with years ago, initially to develop Hollow, who was at that time known as Penance, into a more active, speaking role. It seems now that in any fic one is, the other is sure to follow. I just trust you keep me in the loop about what happens to him.

Also, I may start posting my other fics up on Comicvine. If you want to check out my status, you can subscribe to my blog, found at richardswritingreport.blogspot.com. You can also find most of my stuff at https://www.fanfiction.net/~richardbsampsonjr. There are other things, that I write under different names, but I’ll only share those with certain people.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Sorry this had to happen Rich Genx. I feel the same way. I was actually planning on pulling out of Marvel Mayhem myself because there are way too many fan fictions out there that deal with Marvel Mayhem and it's getting harder for me to keep up with these fan fictions and also, I was having so much trouble with getting people to read my fan fiction overall. It has been fun being in Marvel Mayhem, but due to me having so much time on my hands right now, I have to pull out myself. But, it was great writing fan fiction for this group and I'm sorry to see it go like this. Thank you so much for giving me a shout out and I hope we could work on other fan fictions together in the future!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@richgenx: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/character-creation-contest-30-1599133/#23 you need to enter this as it is a MMU contest and possibly the kick up the bum the MMU needs. Groups may go defunct but like Jean Grey they always come back :)