RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RichGenX

For more Marvel Mayhem follow this link tothe library

Go to our Facebook page to keep an eye out for other stories, as well as upcoming info about our titles.

In the last issue: The students and staff spent some time recovering at the X-Men's base of operations. During that time, a new threat emerges, and a dark secret is revealed. This also happens as they learn the new location of the school, and meet one of the new classmates.

Previous issues: Recovery & Revelation

No Caption Provided

Attention: Generation X and their villains, as well as any other mutant mentioned in this work, is property of Marvel Comics. The character Richard Cale is one of my own development. There will be changes to some of the characters background, as this work is part of Marvel Mayhem on ComicVine.com.

====================================================

Chapter 13: The New School

No Caption Provided

Sean Cassidy wove his way though his ancestral home, an old castle known as Cassidy Keep. He was still surprised at how much the place had chanced since he agreed to let it be the new location for the X-Men’s school. He had agreed to it after the whole situation had been explained. It was even good to have life in the old building, with both the students and the teachers. That latter was a source of concern for him, since Emma Frost’s past wasn’t as white as her preferred outfits, and the two teachers seemed to be very intimate, and the same age as the students.

Ironically, he found himself approaching the one classroom just as a class ended. He had to admit that while neither of the teachers had any formal training, they could keep everyone in line, and knew what they were doing. He waited for the last of the students to leave before entering the room. He had learned once not to be too near one of the classroom doors when everyone was leaving.

He entered the room, and noticed that it had been Yvette’s class that had just ended. The redhead was sitting behind the desk, obviously getting her stuff together. Even though they had been there for a while, he had yet to get to know either of the teachers, and Yvette was the one he knew the least about. He didn’t even recall anyone ever mentioning her last name. He had thought it was the same as Richard’s, but found out other wise when they at least said they weren’t married. He stayed, however, just inside the door, until he saw her look up, a little surprised. “Mr. Cassidy, this is a bit of a surprise. Is there something wrong?”

Sean walked forward, and gave a pleasant smile. “Nothing’s wrong, lass. I saw the class was letting out, and decided to try and talk with the teachers more. Ye can’t blame me, since the only person I’ve had to deal with is Miss Frost. I wanted to learn more about the teachers, and to be fair, you are the most mysterious.”

He heard a sigh come from her, and noticed a slightly resigned look on her face. “I understand that, Mr. Cassidy. My past is not something I like to dwell on. I’m sure you were told that I had been a prisoner of Emplate.” He nodded, and almost felt ashamed for having brought up the subject.

He stopped walking. “I have heard that, lass. I was curious about other parts of your past. Where are ye from, and what is your last name? Everyone just seems to call you Miss Yvette.” For a moment, he wondered if he pressed too much on the issue, since she had gone wide eyed when he had finished the statement.

After a moment, he heard her sigh again, and then start to speak. “To be honest, I don’t even remember my last name any more. I had been imprisoned for a long time, and I’m certain Emplate had my family killed. And if you must know, I’m from the former Yugoslavia.”

Sean blinked, realizing what both those bits of information said. First off, Yvette had been from a part of the world where there had been a lot of civil unrest in recent years. With all the fighting, it was easy for the girl to believe that her family might be dead, and that one girl could easily go missing. The second bit, however, would give a good explanation to why Emma said it was hard to break through whatever psychic powers the girl and Richard had. He decided then to confirm this thought. “Yugoslavia. Isn’t the main language there Serbo-Croatian?” When she nodded, and even gave him a look of suspicion, Sean decided to reveal a little of his own colored past. “At one point, I worked for Interpol. An assignment would have put me there, but then the unrest there got real bad.”

He watched as she nodded, and looked towards a window in the room. “I know how bad it had gotten. Everyone was so busy fighting, no one seemed to notice when Emplate arrived. I had, since a lighthouse looked so out of place in my home town. Before I knew it, I was captured.” He noticed that she stood up straighter for a moment as she continued. “I put up a fight, but he didn’t want me dead. He didn’t want to enthrall me. He just said that I would be invaluable as a source of food. I lost track of how long I was there, in those chains.” He saw her shudder and the memory.

Sean decided it would be best to move past that tragic part of her past. He even felt ashamed about bringing her mind back to that, and decided to focus on the time after. “I gather it ended when Richard rescued you.” He saw her close her eyes, and nod. He then continued an assumption. “I take it you two became a couple after that.”

He noticed the look she gave him, and all of sudden, he realized the tone his words had taken. He wanted to slap himself for that, especially as Yvette spoke. “In a way, yes. I learned about how his ability worked, and that with prolonged exposure to an ability, it would become permanent and he could add another. There were some nights I would lay awake, thinking if that became the case, I’d have someone I could share my life with. As you can imagine, my ability yells isolation.” He nodded, and she continued. “Our feelings for one another grew over time, and eventually, we would sleep in the same bed. In the beginning, Richard opted for me to have the bed. We really didn’t give into any of our longings until the incident in Moscow.”

That little confession caused Sean to blink. Hearing that the two teachers didn’t jump right into relations right away seemed to be out of character with the youth of today, but it was admirable. Still, it made him wonder what happened in Moscow. “And what happened there?” He realized that again, he sounded, in tone, like an over protective father.

He noticed the glance that he was getting from her. It was obvious that she didn’t like the question, and she was debating why he was asking it. He then saw her cross her arms in front of her, and she responded to the question. “I don’t know why you want to know, but in Moscow, we only got to what the Americans would call ‘second base’ before Emplate almost captured us. Since then, we held off on our urges until I turned eighteen. You’ll forgive me if I don’t go into details.” He noticed the tone in those last words, and figured he deserved it.

It was Sean’s turn to sigh then. “Fair enough. I deserved that for asking. Ye have to forgive me.” He then started to pace back and forth in the room. “I know ye both are the teachers and set the examples. I just hope the students don’t follow in those actions. I mean…” He noticed the look on her face as he said those words, and he had a feeling he just hit on a tender subject. Before he could apologize, he saw her bolt out of the room, and he noticed tears running down her cheeks. He shook his head, and realized he would need to explain to Richard now why Yvette was upset. He then left the classroom, with Richard‘s location in mind.

No Caption Provided

Emma Frost was walking down the hall that led to the laboratory that Richard Cale had set up. During the time recovering with the X-Men, the young mutant had found himself learning more about his ability, and its effects on his body. She was glad Hank McCoy had helped by providing him a small lab at their base, but since the discovery of Monet's impending transformation, she had seen Richard working in the lab more. His goal, she knew, would be something that could save many lives.

As she approached the lab, however, she noticed one of the students at the door with the teacher. It was the mysterious young man named Japheth, who had the odd mutant ability to produce two slug like creature that ate anything and acted as his stomach. The question, she figured, was about an assignment Richard had given, as she heard the new student say, “I still don‘t get it, sir. Why is it important that I figure out my greatest weakness?”

To her delight, Richard had the right answer already in mind. “Well, one of the most important reasons is simply the fact that the first person who should discover you have a weakness is yourself. Once you know your own weakness, you can defend it.” She had to agree with that point, but there was one she figured he was leaving out.

She chose that point to step forward, and give the other reason. “There is another one, Japheth. There are foes that would learn your powers, strengths, and weaknesses on sight, or by taking on your powers.” She noticed Richard was nodding at that, and she continued. “Richard‘s powers work like that. He can learn all that by taking on your powers. He could then use that knowledge to use your power against you, or figure a way to trap you. That‘s how some of our foes work as well.”

She noticed the young man nod, and then leave, obviously understanding that weaknesses were important to know, especially one’s own. She looked at Richard, who motioned for her to enter the room. As she did so, she heard Richard say, "He's a good kid, but sometimes he forgets the obvious things. And for the record, his ability is on my list to avoid using."

She nodded, looking around the room that had become Richard's second office, and his lab. In one corner was a desk, and around the rest of the room were all sorts of lab equipment. The most important stuff was on one table, but it was almost packed up, ready to be returned to her safe for safety. She looked it over, and asked, "How's the quest for a cure?"

Emma watched as Richard shook his head. "It's going slow. It is good that we had gotten my blood samples from when my father insisted I donate blood, in case I ever needed it. Turns out my DNA has already changed from what it was, so that may be the baseline.”

She had to fully agree with that. With Richard‘s power being a full mimicry, or augmenting his powers with another mutant, knowing how his DNA worked would allow them the way to finding a cure for Emplate‘s thralls, and while it would not help Emplate, it would help Monet, since she was now exhibiting some of the same signs. The only difference was that Monet had yet to sup on anyone.

Thinking of the Algerian student made her wonder one thing. “Richard, how do you plan to test this cure once you find it?” They didn‘t have any test subjects, and to be honest, she didn‘t think it would be safe to have any full thralls around.

She watched as Richard appeared to think about it for a few moments. It had to be something he was thinking about as well. After a few moments, he responded. “I would not be surprised if some fool tried to weaponize some of the thralls in Seattle. Also, after that one room we saw in the Mojoverse, I‘m betting Mojo has clones of us, and no doubt one of them is Monet. We may have to work out a deal with him.”

Just as the last word left his mouth, Emma noticed Richard shiver, and given what Mojo had put him and Yvette through, it was well deserved. That, however, didn‘t account for how long it lasted. Something else must have bothered the man, and she then felt it. A sadness was washing over her, one she thought she had experienced before, but she couldn‘t place it. It told her one thing, though. Something was wrong, and she was certain she‘d find out about it soon.

No Caption Provided

Richard felt the depression hit him just as he had mentioned Mojo. In a way, it seemed ironic that it happened at that moment. What Mojo had put both him and Yvette through had been very degrading, and the fact that 'the incident', their safe term for the 'film' they had made in the Mojoverse, always put them into a lust filled state, and an uncontrollable urge to act it out, made the feeling worse.

The thing about the depression, however, was that it was from Yvette, and he had felt it a few times before. The first time had been shortly after their time on the run began. Another happened the day of Emplate's attack in Moscow. The most recent, however, had been a day or so after Yvette's eighteenth birthday, when Emma tried to ask them about the possible outcomes of their actions. He looked over at Emma, and said, "It's Yvette. She got to thinking about the possibility that she’d never have kids."

He watched as she gasped in both surprise and shock. She obviously recalled the last time it had happened. "Good grief. Who would be callous enough to start talking, or hinting about consequences now?” In a moment, he could tell they had both come to the same conclusion.

Almost as if the thought had summoned the man, he saw Sean Cassidy step into the door way. His face had an apologetic look on it, but it was the words that confirmed his suspicion. “Sorry for interrupting this conversation, lad, but ye might have heard that I had upset Yvette. I’m just unsure how badly I upset her.” Richard had an idea what must of happened. The new headmaster must have taken on a fatherly instinct with Yvette. He had remembered hearing that Sean had a daughter, so that protective instinct must have kicked in.

Richard nodded, and politely said, "It's alright. With her ability, there were a lot of things she had thought she would miss out on." Richard felt a wistful smile cross his face, knowing that some of those things he figured they would give up on when they were on the run. "To be honest, my own dreams of having a family got thrown out the window when we were on the run for a few years. We had figured that with Emplate pursuing us, we couldn't risk having kids." He noticed Sean's eyebrows had raised at that point.

He waited for a moment, and then heard Sean ask an odd question. "Still, aren't ye worried she might get pregnant now? You two, as I gathered, are..."

Richard cut Sean off right there. "Yes. Now that we have the relative safety of the school, we are. She also knows my desires, but there is something odd about Yvette's powers. I'm guessing her main powers had some secondary attributes, one of which is a healing factor. In all the time we've been together, I can't remember her ever, well, you know." He didn't feel right saying the words.

He heard Emma pick up, since she had this very discussion some time ago. "Her 'visitor'." He then saw her face Sean. "I've been through this talk with them, Sean. They understand the example it sets, but they also understand their unique circumstances. With Yvette's healing factor, it could very well be that children are not in their future." Richard nodded, again feeling a bit more of her depression.

He then started to worry that she might start focusing on 'The Incident'. If she did that, there was a chance that the urges might get psychically imposed onto anyone around them. He looked at both of the headmasters and said, "While I'm sure she'll forgive you, Sean, I should go. Emma, could you place my work in the safe.” He saw her nod, and he then headed to the door to the lab.

No Caption Provided

Just as he reached the door, he froze when he saw another of the new students. He inwardly sighed as Heather Cameron, who took on the codename Lifeguard, approached. He was not surprised when she started with the statement, "Mr. Cale, I have a question about the weakness assignment." He had been correct, but to his surprise, her reason was different. "I’ve already figured out what my big weakness is, but I’m not sure how I can spin it into a strength.”

He thought about her unique power, which held some similarities to his own. Most times, the girl’s power was inactive. It only became active when there was danger present, and what power she had was dependant on the situation at the time. It was tough to spin that as a strength, unless he tried to think of it as similar to his own case, before he met Yvette.

When he realized that, he looked at Heather, and relayed that part of his past. “There is a strength. You might be able to go about undetected. People will underestimate you, and that makes your unpredictability a strength.” Another thought crossed his mind, and he put a hand on Heather’s shoulder. “I’ve heard of someone who might be able to help teach about that, but I want you to run with that.” He then noticed another person was coming towards the office, but he started to rush off. “I’d hate to not be available to help anyone else, but I need to go speak with Yvette. Try to tell the others what to do to help them get this assignment done.” He saw her nod, and Richard rushed off, quickly moving past Roxanne Washington, and to the room he and Yvette shared.

No Caption Provided

Roxanne watched as Richard dashed off. She had been hoping to speak to the teacher about the assignment he had given, but decided to speak to Heather about it instead. She had already heard that some of the other students had gone to him about it, so maybe Heather was one of them. She walked over, momentarily looking at her own crystalline skinned arm, just so she could look causal. “What brings you here, Heather?”

She looked at the blonde, and noticed the girl seemed a bit at ease. “Same as every other student. We just have to identify our weaknesses, and put a spin on them to make them positive. Mr. Cale even gave me a way to spin my weakness as a strength.”

Roxanne nodded, and then looked off in the direction Richard Cale had gone. Part of her envied the man, and her tone must have conveyed it. “I guess he’s going to where Yvette is.” She still thought the redheaded teacher was a hottie, and she sighed. It wasn’t unheard of to have a crush on a teacher, but it was rare when the teacher was so close to the student in age.

After a moment, she heard Heather sigh. “You are still crushing on her. Jeez. Don’t you realize that she doesn’t swing that way?” She didn’t want to nod, but she suspected it. She had heard a bit about the school’s time as captives of Mojo, and even heard Remy say about the film he had seen the two teachers in. To be honest, while she was too young, legally, she would have loved to have seen it.

She finally said, “You can’t blame me. Aren’t you crushing on one of the faculty?” She watched as Heather just looked in the same direction, and then nodded. This caused Roxanne to raise an eyebrow. “Don’t tell me you are crushing on Mr. Cale?”

She waited for a moment, until Heather finally shook he heard, and then said, “No. I might be crushing a bit on Mr. Cassidy. I don’t know what it is, but there is something about him.” Roxanne had the feeling that it was the teacher’s Irish accent or the red hair. Redheads seemed to have the sexual allure that no one could seem to resist. On some level, someone always noticed them.

She decided to voice this odd fact. “It’s part of the allure of redheads. They can’t help but be hot.” Again, she wondered about the redheaded teacher, but decided now was not the best time. She did have an assignment to do, and daydreaming about her teacher wasn‘t going to get it done.

No Caption Provided

At least she thought that, until a third voice joined their conversation. “Personally, from what I heard about the headmistress, she was more a looker than Miss Yvette.” She turned to see Japheth, and to her disgust, one of his slugs on his shoulder. She wasn’t sure which one it was, but the sight of just one of them cut off any question she had wanted to ask.

Apparently, it didn‘t phase Heather as she asked, “What did you mean by that?” To be honest, she knew nothing about the backgrounds of any of the teachers. What she did know, however, was that some of the X-Men had said they still had a little distrust in the woman, even though she hadn‘t done anything wrong with the school.

She almost wanted to gasp as Japheth looked around, and then said in a conspiratorially tone, “I heard Mr. Cassidy once say she was part of something called Hellfire. I even heard him say that at least she wears more clothing now than she did then.” Roxanne had to admit to herself that maybe she‘d like to see the headmistress in one of those outfits.

In a moment, the idea of Miss Yvette in an outfit like that entered into her mind. She even found herself wondering if the teachers and headmasters might dress up in an outfit of similar style. The thought of them doing the one scene from Rocky Horror Picture Show brought a smile to her face. She even voiced the idea aloud. “You know, I‘d like to see all our teachers and headmasters dressed like that. Might be a cool sight to see.” Thankfully, she heard her fellow students laugh at the thought.

No Caption Provided

The laughter was cut short when another voice spoke. “Personally, I wouldn’t want to see Yvette in anything one would call ‘sexy‘.” She looked at the speaker, and the tone confirmed to her that it was someone who thought highly of themselves. It was Monet St. Croix, and from what Roxanne had observed, the Algerian girl hated Yvette. Monet actually seemed to despise both the teachers. She wasn‘t sure why, and some of the others who were already students seemed confused as well. The girl, however continued on with her reason for the hatred. “Yvette is only now seeming professional. Before now, she was literally dressing to entice Mr. Cale. I can‘t take her seriously now. Besides, she claimed she was a victim of Emplate prior to this, but I don‘t believe her.” Roxanne wasn‘t sure if she believed Monet, but as the last words came out of Monet’s mouth, she saw the dark skinned girl give her a wink.

While the others seemed to be wondering if they should believe Monet, Roxanne was wondering if she should try and hook up with Monet. The Algerian didn‘t initially seem to be one who would be interested in her, but maybe Monet was full of secrets. If that was the case, she wondered what other secrets the Algerian might have, and what fun she might have uncovering them in the near future.

No Caption Provided

Yvette sat in the room she and Richard shared in Cassidy‘s Keep. Sean had given them one of the nicer rooms in the place, but right now, it felt too empty for her. She was certain that the new headmaster hadn‘t planned on upsetting her, but just as that topic had upset he before when Emma gave it to them, it did so now.

After her years with Emplate, and then on the run from that monster with Richard, she had started thinking that maybe they could have something of a normal life. The only obstacle was the underlying wish of any young girl, at least she thought it was in any young girl: motherhood. With her mutant powers, she didn‘t know if she could have children, and she knew that Richard would one day want that. The thoughts still worried, and depressed her. She needed Richard by her side right now. He helped get her out of the funk last time it happened.

No Caption Provided

As she thought that, something happened that sent a chill down her spine, and almost made her tense up in fear. In her mind, she heard another voice, one she never wanted to hear there. “My, my, my, Yvette. You do seem to have some problems right now.”

She jumped up from where she was sitting, and quickly looked around. ‘He’ couldn‘t have found them now, not where they were now. When the X-Men set up this new school, they had taken the same precautions when they were in Massachusetts. It also took all her control not to tense up and ruin her outfit. There was no way she‘d end up naked around ‘him‘.

After another moment, she heard the voice in her head again. “Ahh, how I would love to be there with you as you panic. It always made my meals with you so much tastier.” She stopped moving, and realized what was happening now. He was in her mind, and nowhere near her. It did rattle her that he had done that, but thanks to the training she had gotten so far, she could maneuver around the Astral Plane.

She took a deep breath, and then projected herself on the Astral Plane. She figured that Emplate would be weaker there, since he must be using a lot of power to do this now. Almost instantaneously, she was there, on the edge of a field that looked like it was the Milky Way galaxy. On the far end, she saw Emplate, but he wasn‘t the scarred figure he was in real life. He looked strong, and whole, with dark skin, and hair in very short dreadlocks. She narrowed her eyes at him, and said, “You have a lot of nerve trying this. For the first time, you are at the disadvantage.” She hoped it was true, since Emplate hadn‘t truly cracked the secret of the psychic powers she and Richard shared.

She saw his avatar smile when he looked at her, but he also laughed at her. “Dear Yvette, if I had meant to attack you here, I wouldn‘t have taunted you. I‘ve actually come to give you some advice, as well as make you an offer.” She then noticed that his eyes wandered over her avatar, which in actuality, was her in a lovely gown. She was not about to appear before Emplate as she would appear before Richard when they shared time in this place.

While the gown was decent, she did not want him looking her over like either a side of meat, or as a physical conquest. She used her powers, and put a wall up between them, blocking her from his view. “You don‘t have the right to look at me like that, Emplate. And what ever offer you have, you can forget it.” The action made her feel better, and that she was the more powerful being there.

That feeling disappeared, however, when the wall collapsed. He appeared to be laughing when it happened, but then she saw him stagger. After that, she heard him compliment her. “I see Emma has taught you well. I even expected your response, but I shall give you the offer after my first bit of advice. You may have been told that my dear little sister, Monet, was acting a bit more aggressive when it came to my minions. She is becoming like me, and when she finally feeds, she won‘t try to sup on you and Richard, she will kill you.” She wasn‘t going to let on, but she had already known that.

She also figured he was going to offer her protection. She was not going to meet his eyes, but she was going to show her defiance to him. She did this by crossing her arms in front of her when she responded. “You can just forget about that offer, Emplate. There is nothing you can say, or do, that would make me willingly be your victim again.”

Yvette felt a bit more confident when Emplate didn‘t respond at first. Then, much to her chagrin, he just shrugged. He didn‘t seemed phased by her response. “It doesn‘t matter what you say now. You have time to think it over. Right now, I need to settle a score with your friends, the Thunderbolts. While I no longer need to worry about being pulled back to the beyond, I have a score to settle with them. So does Paige. For now, however, I will tell you something else. Since my dear sister is more gifted in psychic abilities, you should know that your time with Miss Leevald has weakened your psychic barriers.” Yvette was puzzled by that. She didn’t remember meeting anyone with that name.

To her shock, she saw what looked like a rope shoot from Emplate’s hand, and touch her head. She saw a wicked smile cross his face as he said, “Let me remind you, as I leave.” All of sudden, the imagery around her changed to a familiar scene in her mind. Since it had happened, they had inadvertently thought about this moment a few times. It was that one movie she and Richard had to do for Mojo. The one with the mysterious, snake skinned lady. She saw the woman standing over Richard, a wicked smile on her face. It was enough to get her thoughts focused on the incident, and it also made her ashamed. This time, it was started by Emplate.

She blinked, finding herself in her room, and noticing Richard was just coming in. Her eyes wandered a bit, wondering if their mind link had him starting in on the memory of ‘The Incident‘ as well. Before she could tell, though. Richard had rushed over to her, and held her in his arms. It felt good, and as he did that, she almost forgot about ‘The Incident.’ She was aware, however, that her hands had gone on some sort of auto pilot, and his intake of breath told her he noticed it as well.

Before she could do anything else, he softly said into her ear, “Calm down, my perfect Penny.” Instantly, she felt herself regain control. He had said his pet name for her. Their whole time in the Mojoverse, they kept from using pet names. She wasn‘t sure what made him use it now, but it helped. She calmed down, and rested her head on his chest. As she did that, he said to her, “I already know what Sean said. Everything will work out.”

She wanted to sob at that, but held it in. There was more she needed to say, and hopefully the pet name would not wear off. “I know, but I need to tell you two things.” She looked up at him and said the first thing. “While I was here alone, Emplate managed to psychically communicate with me. He said that the woman in the Mojoverse had made the barriers to our psychic abilities weak. He was the one who pulled up the memory of..” She saw him nod, and noticed a grim look on his face. He must have expected that.

Before he could say anything else, however, she spoke again. “Also, he said he isn’t coming after us at the moment. I think it’s linked to Monet, which he is aware of, but he’s going to get vengeance on the Thunderbolts.” She saw his eyes go wide at that, and she knew what they had to do. They needed to send a message to that team, and warn them of the oncoming threat.

Quinn got up from the bed in the hotel room she was in. It wasn‘t an uncommon thing for her. It was something she had to do ever so often, since her mutant power developed. It was something nobody knew about her, except her mother. She had a life draining kiss, and she did it in order to survive. She had found out early on that when she gave someone that kiss, she felt full of energy. This latest victim had been young, a little older than her, and had had a long life ahead. Well, that would sustain her, hopefully until she found her fiancé.

Even though she had run into Richard Cale some time ago at a notable restaurant, she had not crossed paths with him since. She had no doubt that the hussy that was with him was to blame. Why the police couldn‘t see them, however, was still a mystery to her. At least she and her mother had been able to make the police think someone else had snuck in and killed her last victim after she had left.

She was brought out of her thoughts of that moment when her cell phone rang. She pulled it out, puzzled by the fact that the number came up blocked. It puzzled her, since only her mother had that cell phone number. She looked back at her latest victim, and answered the phone, confident no one else was listening. “Hello.”

Much to her surprise, the voice that answered was not her mother. “Greetings Miss Taylor.” It was more surprising that the figure knew her last name, but she felt it was wise to listen before asking any questions. “I thought I would let you know that we have a common enemy, and I know where she has your fiancé.”

Once the last word was out, she started to walk around the hotel room. If this person knew where Richard Cale was, they should tell her that right away. “Then why don‘t you tell me. I‘ll make it worth your while, once we are wed.” Personally, she could resist giving him the kiss of death until after their wedding. A honeymoon in a remote location would allow her to make his body disappear easily.

The voice on the other responded in a way she didn‘t expect. “Alas, it is not that easy. You see, after his chance encounter with you in New York, he discovered your little secret.” She gasped at that news, but the voice continued. “He‘s a mutant, as well as the slut he‘s with. They are also in the way of my goals, but they don‘t know that. I am offering you a chance to help me get rid of both of them.”

Quinn was already running through all the possible scenarios in her mind. Richard knew about her power, and if that secret got out, she would be ruined, as well as in serious trouble. She finally responded by asking, “What did you have in mind? I can‘t let the public know the truth. They’ll label me a serial killer.” She knew it was a fact that some of the most well known serial killers in history remained free, mainly because of their high rank in society.

She heard a wicked laugh come from the phone. “My dear, you are one, but I can live with that. I know for a fact that the little slut and him had been forced to do certain ‘films‘.” Quinn didn‘t like the sound of that, but if those films ever came to light, she knew how to spin that. The voice then continued, “During those, I think their psychic barriers got severely weakened. I maybe able to take control of them, have Richard think you are that hussy, and that hussy is you. The biggest part of this, however, must be implemented immediately.”

Quinn nodded, and then began thinking. There was only one thing that needed to happen. The redheaded hussy needed to take the blame. “I can have my mother start saying that all the deaths were caused by her. That way, anywhere they go, the police will go after her. I‘ll make my way to where she‘s next sighted, and begin rallying a mob together.”

She heard a nasty laugh come from the phone. “I‘ll save you some time. They are in Ireland, at a new school for mutants. Get yourself to Ireland, and I will be in touch. Once you get here, we will put our plan in action.” She heard the phone disconnect, and realized everything was going into motion.

She quickly dialed her mother‘s number, and just as her mother picked up, she said, “We need to get to Ireland. I was just informed that Richard is there. Also, we need to make that hussy he was with look like she‘s the one responsible for all the deaths, including the one tonight. Meet me at the exit I told you about earlier.” She hung up the phone, and grabbed her things. She quickly left the room, looking back at the figure, and smiling a sinister smile. She then closed the door.

She paused for a moment, once the door was closed. She heard a cell phone ringing. She looked at hers, noticing it was blank. She opened the room door, and the sound got louder. She looked over at the figure, trying to spy where the phone was. She wasn‘t going to touch it, but it would be good to know how long she might have before someone called back. Unfortunately, the phone stopped ringing, and Quinn decided it would be best to leave. As she re-closed the door, she paused for a moment. She then shook her head and left the room. It had to have been a trick of the light, since for a moment, she could have sworn her latest victim was breathing, albeit very shallowly.

End Issue.

Next Issue : Recruitment

From the author:

As always, I want to thank all the readers for various things. First off, thank you for reading. I try to make all these issues worth while for you. I also want to thank you for being so patient. I know I usually only post something once a month, but it gives me time to plan out and write a good story for you all. I also want to thank those readers who have commented, and let me know you've been reading my series.

For those who have been enjoying my work here, I invite you to check out my work on Fanfiction.net. Also, in the past few months, I have started ePublishing, and invite all of you to look into my first publication, an adaptation of an audio play. Here it is for Kindle, and on Smashwords, and for the Nook.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@richgenx: Nice addition. Can't wait to find out what Quinn is up to and as usual what sneaky plan Emplate is working on.

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese: Quinn and her mysterious partner, you mean. And I am sure the Thunderbolts will find out.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3