Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74

Threatened and finally delivered. Rated MA, owned by Marvel

Bruce Banner looked at the bowl that was slid in front of him, “What is this?”

“Fish!” barked the little Asian man in stunted English who ran the pop-up cart.

“I asked for a Coke.” said Bruce as he sniffed the bowl and slid it back. The cook shrugged and returned to his grill. Bruce looked around at the bustling Tokyo street. It was hypnotic watching the city of over thirteen million people surge. Bruce hefted his backpack and stepped into the human sea.

It had been an interesting few months*; which had led him to Japan. Obadiah Stane had bought parts from The Hand for his part in building the new armour for Alastair Smythe aka Spider-Slayer. Smythe was out of the picture, Doom had been warned, Stane had gone to ground, but Bruce was going to shut down whatever chop shop The Hand were running. Plus he wanted to climb Mount Fuji so it was a win-win. Bruce glanced up and caught images of the George Washington Bridge collapsing.

No Caption Provided

“That’s not good.” Bruce pushed his glasses up as the news report continued. There was no sound and minimal subtitles but the general gist was that Thor had blown up the bridge.

“Terrible isn’t it”

Bruce looked to his left to see a man with a big bouffant of black hair, business suit, orange tie and gloves standing next to him. The man smiled.

“Oisha-san* Banner” he bowed slightly. “Welcome to Tokyo!”

“Hi.” replied Bruce noticing several other well dressed men slowly surrounding him “Do I know you?”

“No, but we know you. Matsu'o Tsurayaba. Please, come with me”

“Well, you did say please,” Bruce smiled and followed them to a waiting stretch limousine.

“This has poison in it.” Bruce sniffed the champagne flute.

“You are quite correct Oisha-san Banner,” smiled Matsu’o as he beckoned for the glass back. “Merely something to keep you calm, you have a reputation after all.”

“Then you know why I’m here then.”

Matsu’o nodded “Indeed. But we are hoping to…dissuade you, from dismantling our operation.”

“Really? Now I am genuinely intrigued.” Bruce settled back into his seat ignoring the well dressed goons who were glaring at him. Bruce looked out the window as Tokyo rushed by.

Bruce stood there arms spread as ninja in red patted him down for weapons. Bruce turned to Matsu’o with a puzzled look on his face.

“Does he not know who I am?” asked Bruce as the ninja continued to manhandle him before stepping in behind him.

“Tracking devices, signal devices,” said Matsu’o “You people have a tendency to call in your friends, like Spider-Man did with you against Smythe.”

“Honestly, that was pure serendipity,” replied Bruce as he followed them down the corridor taking in his surroundings. “I leapt off that ferry with no specific direction in mind. I just happened to crash through the roof to give Spider-Man a timely hand.”

“With my own previous encounters with a certain team of mutants…”

“The X-Men?”

“Correct Oisha-san Banner, but that is a story for another time, but as I was saying we cannot be too careful.” Matsu’o stopped at a large door guarded by two more red ninja each holding a gun that would make Cable blush. He put his hand on a scanner and waited for it to verify his identity.

“Pretty high tech” noted Bruce, reasonably impressed with the device.

“People often just think of The Hand as a gang of killers, hired goons.” Matsu’o pressed in a nine digit code and the door hissed “We are, but the amount we are paid for assassinations is pittance! We would’ve been out of business centuries ago if we didn’t diversify. This is but one arm of our diversification.”

Matsu’o led Bruce into a lab. Bruce whistled in appreciation. A large functioning cybernetics division working on several projects; some he recognised, some he quickly worked out and some he was curious about.

“You have a top quality facility,” commented Bruce as he placed his glasses in shirt pocket. “But you are an evil organisation that kills people, causes misery and has stolen at least two of my ideas.”

“You are about to make a mistake Oisha-san Banner,” warned Matsu’o taking a step back. “That is if you are about to do what I think you’re about to do.”

Bruce smiled “Oh I’m about too. Get ready for Hulk s…”

No Caption Provided

“Sleep!” The red ninja stepped up and injected two needles into Bruce’s neck. He whirled around and grabbed the hood tearing it off his head.

“You?” gasped Bruce as his muscles began to convulse and spasm and he collapsed on the floor like an electrified fish on the dock.

“Greetings comrade” growled Omega Red.

“You have been injected with weaponised cyclobenzaprine*,” said Matsu’o “A muscle relaxant we’ve been working on to revolutionise surgery; to help people…for a profit of course. You have been given a dose that would keep twenty men paralysed for hours. Considering your unique abilities Oisha-san, it will merely delay your change into your green alter ego. In that time though, it will be enough for Omega Red to wrap his tendrils around your neck and pull your head from your body.”

To be continued…

Notes:

*Oisha-san means Doctor…well according to Google it does.

* http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-scourge-hulk-spider-man-wrap-up-1495479/#20

* Cyclobenzaprine is an actual muscle relaxant

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Very good. Reminds of the 90's X-men...due to Matsuo & Omega Red teaming up, Hulk was absent from 90's X-men for shame

@impurestcheese See :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Nice very nice. Can't wait to see what happens next

@4donkeyjohnson: No fair this came out after the comment and while I was sleeping

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By batkevin74
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: Uh because that's the name the British Empire gave the union (Scotland, England and Wales) of mainland Britain.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Continuity! Coolio stuff Lord Kevin! I wonder what the Hulk would think of the Initiative when I get around to writing the next issue...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By batkevin74
wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@batkevin74

Maybe I'm being whiny, but I still wanna read what happened between this issue, and the last. You know, the wrap up bit.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Well this way, I can by using it as material to reference eg It had been an interesting few months*; which had led him to Japan. Obadiah Stane had bought parts from The Hand for his part in building the new armour for Alastair Smythe aka Spider-Slayer. Smythe was out of the picture, Doom had been warned, Stane had gone to ground, but Bruce was going to shut down whatever chop shop The Hand were running.

Maybe even in next chapter if you're good :)

@irishlad

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Hulk is back yay!

I really only have praises again which is great xD

I know I'm gonna be crucified for saying this but Hulk usually isn't my cup of tea. From what I've read so far though you're writing an interesting take on him. Bruce Banner isn't whiny and Hulk is an uncontrollable badass but isn't dumb.

As I said I can't point out anything I didn't particularly dislike and I can't wait to see what happens next.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: Just because you're angry it doesn't make you stupid. You may do dumb instictive things like hitting before contemplating the consequences but anger doesn't make you stupid, and Bruce is quite smart. But personally the smart Hulk era of Peter David (I think) I liked for a few issues but then I want it back to normal, same with Grey Hulk or Hulk in Banner's body or Spider-Hulk, Gorilla Hulk, Blue Hulk, Demon Monkey Hulk, Gelato Infused Rocket Hulk or any other weird cosmic anomaly Hulk! :)

And I also dislike whiny Bruce as well, hence I've tried to send him on a new path similar to what the newest series as at Marvel where he's using his brain like the smart guy they keep claiming him to be

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@4donkeyjohnson: Uh because that's the name the British Empire gave the union (Scotland, England and Wales) of mainland Britain.

That I did not know. Thank you :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roninreviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@batkevin74: Thos was a great improvement on the first issue. The dialogue was very good. I found the story telling exelently constructed. Honestly this is probably the best issue I've read from Mayhem so far.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roninreviews: Wait til you read Scourge or New York's Finest :) Anyways, there is an issue 3