Marvel Mayhem: Heroes for Hire: Miami Vice #2 (of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Heroes for Hire: Miami Vice #2 (of 6)

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit theLibraryor visit theGroup’s Facebook Page

For Part 1 Follow the Link posted here to Issue #1

Florida Keys, Florida

Flames wafted from the campfire as the well built man wearing an apron stating ‘kiss the cook’ over his overalls removed the ringing satellite phone from his pick-up. “Evening Robbins do you know what time it is.”

“Yes Barracuda I understand it’s late but I am in need of a few good men especially ones that know the area around Miami. I was told you could help me in that aspect.” Parker replied. “You will be paid per hour for your services of course.”

No Caption Provided

“Guide?! You know I can do more then that.” Barracuda answered as he wandered back towards his fire.

“I was hoping you would say that.” Parker stated. “Meet up with the Answer a find me a launch pad for my assault, my forces will meet you there.”

“Got it.” Barracuda snorted before turning off the phone and turning to the woman tied to a spit over the fire. “I hate to dine and dash so it’s your lucky day.” He stated before untying her, his ‘dinner’ rapidly running towards the road before being cut down by a thrown barbecue fork, the utensil stabbing through her neck. “Such a waste.” He sighed before removing his apron. “Still maybe I’ll find something on the road to sate my appetite.” He added as he got in his truck and drove back towards the main highway, the dim sky-glow of Miami on the horizon.

Cloak stepped out into the parking lot of the Jackson Memorial Hospital before watching as Dagger gracefully stepped out of the dark void that was his robe, Misty and Martin exiting less gracefully, their fall terminated by the asphalt.

“Last Stop.” Dagger snorted sarcastically as Cloak helped the floored heroes to their feet. “Welcome to Miami.”

“Uh I take back all the bad things I said about air travel.” Martin groaned. “That…that was horrible.” He added as Misty sprinted towards the hospital. “So do we follow or stay here.” He added as Cloak looked at Dagger with deep meaningful eyes and followed after Misty. “I guess that’s a yes.” He sighed as Dagger sprinted after Cloak.

Pushing through the double doors Misty pushed past the crowd of people gathered around a scorch mark on the floor and up to the women at the desk. “Hello I’m here to see Colleen Wing. She got brought in here an hour or two ago.”

“Colleen Wing, I’m sorry we have nobody of that name…” She stopped as Cloak, Dagger and the Gibbon sprinted in. “Oh hell no, we already had the freaky blonde girl disappear in a flash of smoke, no more heroes in here.”

No Caption Provided

“Please I was phoned up from this hospital. Colleen…wait here’s a photo.” She stated ignoring the woman’s accusing glare at her travelling companions. Pulling out her wallet she showed the clerk a picture of Colleen, the woman smiling as she nursed a pint of Guinness in one of New York’s Irish Pubs. “Please tell me she’s here.”

“Oh the woman dressed like a ninja. You may want to talk to the man in the corner.” The clerk stated before whispering, “The woman brought in with her, a Jennifer Kale burst into blue flame over there. More and more freaks seem to come to this city every day.” She added as the orderlies pushed Marty, Tandy and Tyrone out of A&E. Ignoring the Clerk’s ratings Misty walked over to the man indicated by the woman. Her first instinct was Fed, the suit and holstered gun shouted volumes above any other profession he could be.

“Miss Knight, you got here quickly. I’m agent John Doggett and this mess is my crime scene.” The suited man stated. “I’m glad you’re here, Miss Wing is in danger, the whole city is in danger.”

“What does that mean you know who shot her?” Misty asked, her fury barley held back behind a veil of good manners.

“Miss Wing was shot after a battle with the Blood Brothers. We believe that the shot came from an assassin known as Epitaph, a former KSK agent who went rouge. He was last seen working for the cities only crime boss; The Lady of the Crossroads.” Doggett stated. “She got that position by killing the other leaders and while she causes trouble she keeps a lid on super human crime here, limiting there numbers.”

“So what does she have to do with Colleen?”

“More super villains have been entering the city then usual and they appear to work for Parker Robbins. We think he’s planning to annex the city to his own empire.”

“The Hood? That doesn’t make sense; he’s never really tried to expand out of New York before.” Misty told him. “You’re expecting a full scale crime war between him and The Lady aren’t you?”

“Yes, SHIELD has been informed but they are keeping their distance from the Hood. Rumour is that his powers have been jacked up by Blackheart after that business in Boston.” Doggett answered, “The Bureau is prepared to pay a quarter of a million up front to you and another after afterwards to keep the peace.” Misty lowered her head; she knew the FBI could pay more but right now getting to Colleen was more important to her. Despite that a glance to where Marty, Tandy and Tyrone were pressed up against the glass made her feel guilty if she did.

“I want a quarter for everyone I employ or no deal.” She stated through gritted teeth.

“Deal.” Doggett stated. “We know your account number and will have the money deposited within the hour. This USB key contains a list of people of interest that work for the Lady. Good Luck.” He stated before wandering off and tapping the orderlies to release Misty’s team.

“So wh…what was that about?” Tyrone asked as the other patients shot nasty glares at the quartet of costumed figures.

“Colleen got involved with a gang war between the local crime boss and the Hood.” Misty explained, “There are a bunch of assassins after her.”

“The Hood, that’s not good.” Marty sighed. “So it’s just protection duty.”

“Agent John Doggett thinks the Hood is coming for the local boss known as the Lady of the Crossroads.” Misty told the others only to see all three of them give her weird looks. “What?”

“Uh it’s just…” Tandy said quietly, “John Doggett is from the X-Files.” She added causing Misty to let out an agonised scream of annoyance before running up the steps to the ward where Colleen was meant to be. Kicking down the door she stopped and stared in horror as a bandaged figure stood over Colleen, vicious fangs extended as he eyed up the samurai’s neck with a feral hunger.

“OK FREAK GET AWAY FROM HER!!!” Misty yelled as she un-holstered her stun pistol. With an equally loud hiss the figure removed the swords slung across his back and leapt over the bed only to be riddled with stun bolts. Not that it did much good save knock him off balance, even at maximum voltage the bandaged warrior wasn’t even slowed as he got to his feet and swung his swords at Misty only to be intercepted by Dagger, her own long knives glowing with an unearthly light.

No Caption Provided

“Urgh Hecate never mentioned the others. But Ceres is adaptable and five will slack my thirst more then one dying woman.” The figure hissed as he shifted his swords only for Dagger to block his blows again. Uttering a bloody curling scream Ceres slashed faster and faster as Dagger struggled to block each strike until he overloaded her defence and cut her across the chest.

“T…T…Tandy!” Cloak roared before sending waves of darkness at the swordsman only to see the creature revel in the sudden change of light level.

“I am a son of the Dusk, your darkness aids me rather then hinders.” He snarled as Misty helped Dagger up only for Ceres to kick the pair to the floor. “The ninja can wait such stale blood doesn’t compare with such glorious…guh.”

With a grunt Misty reached out with her prosthetic arm and grabbed Ceres by the neck buying enough time for Dagger enough time to get clear, seconds later Misty felt her attacker pry her fingers away before kicking her backwards again and get ready to cleave her in two. In all the confusion everyone had forgot Marty and it was only until the sound of splintering wood sounded that everyone took notice. Wielding a broken chair leg the Gibbon edged towards Ceres, the blood crazed monster watching with curiosity and a little bit of worry.

“Listen vampire, you leave her alone.” Marty said puffing himself up. “Or I’ll…I’ll stab you with this. I’m stronger then I look and faster too.” He added before making a mock lunge at Ceres. “Go on run away.”

“There will be another night.” Ceres hissed before leaping out the open window. Counting silently to ten Marty dropped the improvised stake and began hyper ventilating. “For a moment there I thought I’d have to fight him.” He wheezed as he rested on his knuckles. “That chair was MDF or something, didn’t feel like wood to me.”

“That…that’s the kind of thing they have down here.” Tandy said in shock and panic. “I want to go home Tyrone.”

“No Tandy.” Tyrone said, his stutter gone, “We said we’d help Miss Knight.”]

“And I’m grateful.” Misty answered, “But we’re going to need more help. Luckily I know a few people who could help us. For now we need to keep Colleen safe, according to Mr Fake Agent there is more then just one assassin after Colleen not to mention the Hood’s gang. I just hope we can hold out until help arrives.”

“I’m sorry Mistress Hecate.” Ceres whispered as he stood head bowed in the centre of the seven pointed star etched on the floor, the lines glowing golden in the darkness. “There were more people there then I expected and I wasn’t willing to take a chance against the beast man’s accusations.”

No Caption Provided

“You have disappointed us.” The first head of Hecate sated as she stalked around him.

“Yet we too didn’t see the heroes coming.” The second head announced.

“Our sight could be only clouded by dark magic and I smell Black Heart’s taint on the air.” The third hissed. “Your mistake, your failure is as much our fault as yours.”

“Return to the hunt Ceres, but go knowing that we expect nothing but success from you until the deed is complete.” The heads said in unison. Bowing Ceres walked out brushing past the three women standing in the shadows, all three wearing black bullet-proof vests, riot helmets and Kevlar coated trousers. “Trinity find the one known as the Hood and eliminate him, the rest of your sisters will continue the hunt for Kale. This is now your sole focus do you understand.”

“Yes mistress.” One of the Trinity replied for she and her sisters left.

“As for you.” Hecate hissed at another figure in the shadow clutching a long handled scythe. “Gather the rest of the points; it’s time to summon the herald of Hun Came.”

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

I am really liking this series. It shows the darkside of Mayhem.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Thanks. Jennifer's disappearance will be explained soon. She and Man Thing have a mini adventure with Orka and Arke. Nuff said.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter!! I'm really loving the Hecate sisters!!!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@rabbitearsblog: Yeah they/she is really easy to write dialogue for but it does take up a lot of space. I write her like I'd write myself (only less who put the empty mill carton in the fridge and more ritual sacrifice)

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@impurestcheese: Something tells me you like the "dark side". Good story. I wonder who else Misty will bring into the team. Where do you find these Z-listers?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themanintheshoe: Here, there and well everywhere. And yes we need some dark to balance out the light