Marvel Mayhem: Heroes for Hire: Miami Vice #1 (of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Marvel Mayhem: Heroes for Hire: Miami Vice #1 (of 6)

All Characters are Owned by Marvel Comics

For Marvel Mayhem visit the Library or visit the Group’s Facebook Page

This follows on from the events of Weird Sister's #4

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

House Boat, Miami Bay

The Answer took a deep breath before snorting out a cloud of vile smelling smoke. “That’s what I told you Robbins, your operation in Miami had just become stonewalled. Shockwave is in prison, Silencer is unaccounted for and The Blood Brothers were taken down a few hours earlier.” He added as he watched the Hood glare back at him from the TV screen

“And Hecate’s forces?” Parker Robbins asked as he watched The Answer lounge on the sofa of the house boat he was minding for a friend. “Not to mention Colleen Wing and her local companion, what state are they in?”

“Hecate’s assassins are still in play and have drawn first blood. They say Colleen Wing is being rushed into surgery as we speak.” The Answer told him. “Got to say Tiger Shark keeps a nice place.”

No Caption Provided

“Enough about the furnishings.” Parker snarled, his voice causing the shadows in the boat to creep up the wall and dance across the ceiling. “Hun Came and his allies will be one of the most powerful forces on Earth and I ideally want to be allied with him rather than opposed against him. I need to be part of their Seven Pointed Star yet the witch queen Hecate repeatedly has blocked my entry.”

“I have the answer.” The Answer stated. “You are a powerful demon right? Then kill her and claim her spot by rite of conquest.”

“Miami is her power base; I would be outmatched by her.” Parker hissed as The Answer closed his eyes and smiled a knowing smile. “What?”

“I can level the playing field for you and all I ask in return is that you gift this city to me when it’s under your control.” He stated, “A petty reward considering what you would gain in return.” Parker Robbins smiled before nodding. “Good gather your forces and I’ll gather mine.” The Answer told him before looking down at the business card in his lap, “It’s time to see who’s for hire.”

Bail Bond Office, Brooklyn

“I demand you unhand me villain.” The shaggy haired ape like man yammered as he was led handcuffed into a bail-bond office by a dark skinned woman dressed in a red blouse and trousers. “I know my rights you filthy bounty hunter.”

“You skipped bail Gibbon.” The woman sighed, “And then you decided to ‘monkey around’ Battery Park stealing food from tourists.”

“Is that a pun at my expense?” Gibbon hooted before being pushed face first into the desk. The bored looking clerk not bothering to look up at the odd couple who had arrived to see her.

No Caption Provided

“Name?” She asked in a broad New Jersey accent.

“Misty Knight.” The woman answered. “I’ve got another one Clarice, calls himself the Gibbon. Not dangerous just annoying.” She stated as Clarice rolled her eyes.

“Not dangerous?” The Gibbon asked. “Surely there is a huge bounty on my head?”

“Let’s see Gibbon AKA Martin Blank, fee on delivery is twenty five cents.” Clarice stated before flicking a coin at Misty only for it to roll on the floor. “Now can you leave and take him with you he smells like wet dwag.” Misty shook her head before leading the Gibbon away, exiting the building she looked up at the overcast sky before sitting down on the curb.

“Are you okay?” The Gibbon asked as he sat down next to her. “You seem upset. It’s probably something I did, I always seem to do things wrong.”

“No it’s just…my life is really going down the toilet at the moment.” Misty stated. “Catching you was the first lucky break I've had all month and now I find it was worthless after all.”

“I’m sorry.” Martin answered. “I know this place where the make nice pancakes or did it burnt down a few days ago. Sorry again by the way.”

“I just don’t need any more bad news today.” Misty told him. “I shouldn't be loading this off on you.” She added before watching as Martin pulled out five dollars and handed it to her. “What’s this?”

“It’s not much but it covers some of the cab fare to get me hear.”

“Thanks but I can’t take this.” Misty said with a meek smile before feeling her phone buzz. “Hello, yes, yes I understand, where is she, no I'll find a way, thank you.”

“You're luck turning around?” Martin asked as Misty got to her feet tears rolling down her cheeks. “Oh I guess not.”

“My friend has been shot. She’s in Miami.” She added, “Oh Colleen I knew I should have tried to contact you.”

“Do you need help because I could help?” Martin offered. “I could I dunno carry your bags.”

“Can you get me to Miami?” Misty asked as she looked up at the sky again. “Because I'm virtually broke.”

No Caption Provided

“Ain't you the Hero for Hire lady?” Martin asked. “Why not hire Tony Stark to transport you there or something like that.”

“Tony won’t, can’t help me, I need to get there quick apparently there are assassins trying to kill her.”

“Quick, there are these weird kids who live near me in ‘Box Town’ Tyrone and Tandy, I see them teleporting all over the place at all times of the night.” Martin suggested. Misty cocked her head, the food stealing made sense now, Box Town was the nasty political term used to describe a large homeless community that had banded together to occupy one of the abandoned stations in the Subway. Most of the inhabitants were mutants, aliens (both illegal and extraterrestrial) and runaways. She had never considered it a resource but Misty was desperate and if the kids could get her to Colleen she would repay them with anything they wanted within reason.

“Okay Gibbon lead the way.” Misty sighed as the hairy man got up and walked towards the glittering towers of Manhattan with nothing more than a hope and a prayer.

Charlotte, South Carolina

The sound of pounding rang around the gym as the well built man dressed only in a pair of sweats aimed kick after kick at the punching bag hanging from the roof, his aim true with every blow until he stopped and took a swig from the water bottle before looking over at the wall mounted phone, the dial showing one missed call. Walking over he pressed ‘redial’ and got a reply on the first ring.

“Bonsouir Misour Robbins.” He stated. “You are in need of my assistance no?”

No Caption Provided

“You are correct Misour Batroc.” The Hood answered. “Who is a member of your brigade at the moment?”

“Machete of course.” Batroc answered, “Not Zaran though he left for that madwoman Moonstone but I do have Rapido looking for work. I can also potentially bring in the Iron Maiden too if she ever comes out of my bedroom that is. Now where do we need to be?”

“Miami.” The Hood answered before putting the phone down. Batroc cocked his head before walking over to the punching bag and unzipping it to reveal a man hidden inside. “So now will you tell me where ze diamonds are hidden?” He asked before watching the man shake his head. Zipping the bag back up he turned and walked to the changing rooms. “It can wait till I get back.” He stated sagely before turning out the lights.

‘Box Town’, Deserted F-Line Station

Misty looked around ‘BoxTown’ before silently pledging herself to donate more to F.E.A.S.T the next time she had money. While there weren't too many boxes the homeless living down there were not in the best state. Some looked as if they hadn't eaten in days yet up above there was mountains of food available to those who could afford it.

“In there.” Martin told her, as he pointed to a dark corner of the platform hidden under a length of fabric. “They shouldn't cause too much trouble but they are a bit weird.”

“Says the pot to the kettle.” Misty huffed before walking over and running her hand across the fabric. “It feels weird, almost alive.” She added as the Gibbon reached out to pull her hand away. “What did I do wrong?”

“He doesn't like anyone but Tandy touching his cloak.” Martin stated as the cloak moved before swirling around a humanoid figure like a living shroud of night. At the same time Misty felt cold steel touch her throat as somebody crept up behind her.

No Caption Provided

“What do you want thief?” A cold almost icy women’s voice asked. “What you thought you could take advantage of us because we’re homeless?”

“T…Tandy,” The dark figure stuttered. “I don’t think that’s a thief.”

“I’m not.” Misty stated as she caught sight of a gleaming white hand clutching the knife. “I've heard of you two through some of my contacts. You’re Cloak and Dagger, the kids who started slaying drug dealers right? Well I’m about to give you a chance to step up and be real heroes. But first I need to ask you one question?”

“Ask a…a…away.” Cloak stammered as Dagger slowly removed the blade from Misty’s neck.

“Are you for hire?”

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Aww Snap! Misty is putting a little team together. I hope you can have her teach Blank some martial skills, dude seriously needs some wins under his fur covered belt.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Glad you approve and thanks for the review. Gibbon is a great guy he just needs to be given a chance. Unfortunately it's long odds so who knows what you will happen.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I feel sorry for him man. The X-Men never approached him. Hell, neither did the Brotherhood. I hope he atleast bites someone. Lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardiandevil83: Writing a fight scene now. Trust me Marty won't be the one doing the biting.

No Caption Provided

<- But then would you bite this?

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

How you juggle so many characters and give them all a unique voice amazes me. Is this connected to the other H4H title?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Thanks for the comment, I basically have a list of characters I love and roll with it. No, not really.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#13 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese:

Edit: I just read and saw its not cannon. So never mind. : P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter!!! Glad to see Misty, Cloak and Dagger back!! I can't wait to see how Misty handles this team!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rabbitearsblog: She handles it. Thanks for the comment hope you enjoy the rest.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@impurestcheese: I love Cloak and Dagger. I will read the next one right now. Good work.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers