Marvel Mayhem Event: DEADLY GAMES #1 (Let The Games Begin)

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Irishlad
No Caption Provided

Author's Note: The plan for this series is to be accessible to anyone that clicks and it will be completed in six chapters.

If you enjoy it, please comment below so I can see that you have actually read it.

If there is enough feedback whether bad or good I will continue to write and bring back Marvel Mayhem however if there is little to none I can't motivate myself to continue let alone start up a group again (it's just too much work for a hobby).

If you would like to read the series leading up to this (Deadpool and Bullseye or are just interested in any of the other series) Click hither

----------------------

December 1st, 3:30 A.M, Daily Bugle

J. Jonah Jameson readied his tie as the camera flicked on.

Millions of televisions illuminated across the city as he spoke.

No Caption Provided

J. Jonah Jameson declared with resentment as he paused every few seconds in order to maintain his formal approach "Citizens of New York City, as Chief of the Daily Bugle it is my job to bring you the news."

"I'm afraid this news headline is simple, we are surrounded by killers and many of you will die."

"These men and these women are not some hooligans in the night who just learned how to pick up a baseball bat and swing, or a teenager who thinks he can dress up as a spider."

No Caption Provided

"These are trained killers, who aim for the fine corners and hit the fine corners."

"They have remained in the shadows lazily chipping away at specific targets for rewards that satisfied them, until now.

"Tonight, everyone is the target."

"What ever that reason is we do not know, but we do know you must hide, hide for as long as you can."

"The Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D will try and help as much as they can but these people can kill up to sixteen each before they are captured."

No Caption Provided

"Don't be that number."

"This is a time for heroes, not the morgue."

"May God save us all."

Mercy Liddle turned off the camera "What now? We can't just stick around and do nothing can we?"

Jameson huffed and puffed "We wait for the heroes."

--------------------------

November 30th (Yesterday), Seagate Prison, Georgia

No Caption Provided

A new inmate at Seagate Prison's once well polished nails danced on the table as she awaited a visitor.

She understood the visitor had come all the way from New York City but the wait in the uncomfortable chair was no good for a woman of her stature.

Her head eventually plonked down with boredom until she heard the footsteps of someone eager to talk to her galloping down the corridor.

As her head raised, she maintained an emotionally drained look "And you would be?"

"Madrox, now tell me what the hell is going to happen on December 1st"

------------

December 1st, Unknown Location, New York City

No Caption Provided

The car's revving engine halted as they stopped on a misty hill.

A man with glasses named Jim nervously looked at the man driving the car with a hint of wonder.

Jim knew why he was there, but he couldn't help but wonder what came next.

The other man in the car gave no indication of what could come next, yet Jim went anyway. Jim was used to being able to understand a person based on their looks but despite the other man's protruding mohawk that indicated a sense of rebellion that Jim liked, he couldn't help but feel he was something more or perhaps something different entirely.

"Cute" the other man simply stated.

Jim quickly snapped out of his daze "Wha..oh, sorry it's just I I've never"

"Considered?" the other man questioned.

Jim assured "No I have considered...a lot actually, it's just I literally just met you twenty minutes ago and I haven't, done this before."

The other man laughed, it was a genuine one but for some reason it sent a chill down Jim's spine.

The other man's head turned to the side as he explained "It takes a person two seconds to fall in love, five to be afraid and eight to die from excessive bleeding."

The other man's head turned back to Jim with a grin "So if I were you I'd kiss me now before you wait too long."

Jim lunged himself towards the other man and kissed with as much passion as he could gather.

The other man tasted of cognac but it felt good and it felt right, for the first time in his life he felt like he knew who he truly was.

After five minutes Jim released to gather some breath.

Jim was confused as he found the man meticulously gazing at his watch.

"What are you?" Jim reluctantly pondered.

The other man put his hand across Jim's throat "Fifteen seconds to midnight...apologies about this Jim"

The other man's claws sprung from his hands "But I had to go with a hint of romanticism for my first kill of the night for there will be many."

Jim could feel his muscles tightening with fear as his time ticked down to midnight, there was a million things he wanted to say and a million things he wanted to do at that moment but with seven seconds left he had only one meaningful question left that would fit the time.

"Who are you?" Jim spat out.

The man's claws carved open Jim's chest as the other man ripped out his heart both emotionally and physically.

The other man licked the blood from his lips as Jim shook "My name is Daken, nice to meet you".

----------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

"Mine's Anna, it took you a while Jamie" the elusive woman commented.

Jamie Madrox took his seat across the table from the mischievous woman "I didn't say anything about my first name."

Anna's arms danced on to her chin as she rested her elbow on the table "Did you really think a woman like me would not have heard of a man who likes to play detective and make duplicates of himself in my favourite colour?"

"Fine then, do you mind telling me what these mean?" Jamie inquired as he slid images in front of Anna.

She observed the scattered images and asked "What do you think?"

Jamie pulled the images back "I think something bad is going to happen and I think you're connected to it."

A false innocent look fell on to Anna's face "Me? Why, all I did was kill one man."

Jamie nodded "I know, that's what you're telling them outside but you didn't kill just one man."

Anna's eyebrow raised in curiosity as Jamie continued "That was just a means of getting into jail and it wasn't just any jail it had to be here."

Anna stretched and let out a long yawn "It is rather cozy in here don't you think?"

Jamie clasped his hands "I'm not even sure your real name is Anna nor am I sure they know what your alias is."

Anna stroked her chin "And that would be?"

"Matchmaker, I know that you're the one that handles all of the notable assassins contracts."

Matchmaker shrugged "And you want me to confess to this why?"

Jamie shook his head "I'm not asking you to confess, I'm asking you who or what are you so afraid of? and what the hell is happening tomorrow?"

Jamie revealed multiple images of bodies with December 1st carved into them.

------------------------------

December 1st, Distrikt Hotel, New York City

No Caption Provided

Daken took a large gulp of wine after his long drive, the bartender was more than helpful after Daken had killed everyone else in the bar.

The bartender attempted to clean the blood that spattered on to the cups as Daken poured himself another glass of wine.

The bartender waddled around once he was done, trying his best not to look Daken in the eye.

Eventually Daken put his glass down after taking pity on the man and started to talk.

"Kids?" Daken questioned.

The bartender glanced over his shoulder and reluctantly revealed "Three"

Daken snarled "Impressive".

The bartender continued to rub the inside of the glass "Why?"

Daken got up and took the glass from the bartender and poured wine into it, despite the specks of blood remaining.

Daken shrugged "A man who serves others doesn't earn any rewards in this world usually."

The bartender looked back with an empty stare.

"You don't agree?" Daken inquired.

The bartender continued his empty stare.

Daken remotely chuckled "It's alright, I didn't get it at first either."

A woman snapped the bartender's neck from behind, his body wavered from side to side before eventually falling on top of the counter.

Daken sighed "I was going to do that."

The woman tossed the body with the others as she stood across from Daken "What's your decision?"

"Fine"

The woman smiled "Very well then, for one night only, welcome to the Six Pack and let the games begin."

No Caption Provided

-----------------------------

No Caption Provided

Matchmaker crossed her legs "Is that a phone in your pocket Mr. Madrox?"

Jamie fumbled through his jacket and retrieved his smartphone that Siryn bought him as an early Christmas present "Yeah, why?"

Matchmaker grabbed the phone and started to type immensely "Here".

"What is it?" Jamie questioned.

"Your answer" she replied.

Matchmaker explained "No one truly knows the man behind what will happen tomorrow, only other than he wants to make the deadliest of games. I have spoken to him a few times but in our last meeting he revealed to me that December 1st was his birthday and the game would begin then."

Jamie's eyebrows started to fluctuate downward in confusion "Meaning?"

Matchmaker continued "There is a list of assassins all over the world, each with their own methods and tally of kills. The higher up the list they are the more fame and the more money they make. Up until now there was only one way of rising to the top, fulfil the contracts I give you and one day you could perhaps surpass those in front of you."

"And now?"

"Now, for one night only if you can kill the assassin above you, you can take their ranking, if a person ranked 301 kills the person ranked number 1 he will become number 1. What's more, while your kill was only registered before if you were given a contract and completed it, on this night if you kill anyone of your choosing it will register, no one is safe."

Jamie concluded "Which means if the assassins can't find those above them they'll kill everyone and anyone anyway."

Matchmaker nodded "Exactly and lets just say the top ten aren't the loudest of individuals".

Jamie ran towards the door before being stopped my Matchmaker.

"You can tell everyone, but I'm afraid it's too late, what will happen once that clock strikes midnight is inevitable, and no one can change it. But there is a way to stop this game from destroying the city, find the Gamesmaster."

"How can I do that if no one knows what he even looks like?" Jamie demanded.

Matchmaker pointed towards Jamie's phone "Find number one."

"He was once a former lover of your current, no?"

Jamie scrolled up the list to confirm his fears "Wade?"

No Caption Provided

--------------------------------

Next Chapter: Where Is Deadpool? (COMING SOON?)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@irishlad: OOOOOooooooooooo! Read the first two "chapters", will read the whole thing today! Welcome back

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: No overly sold on Jonah's address to the city but overall I liked this contest (does it harken back to that idea we had 10,000yrs ago?) Mystique, Daken, someone called Matchmaker...hell this could even fit nicely with my CCC30 entry with Bullseye and I wrote that BEFORE this even hit the Vine.

Good work. Now @richgenx and @rabbitearsblog and @impurestcheese and @wildvine and @tommythehitman and...who else was in the mayhem, have a lookey look at this. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@irishlad: Really cool, this seems awfully familiar, looks like Deafpool is in a whole load of trouble

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By TommytheHitman

Good stuff.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Typhoid Mary is ranked higher than Bullseye? It feels a bit choppy but I liked this @irishlad

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

@4donkeyjohnson: The list was always going to be debatable but in my opinion between Mary's looks and multiple personalities she can get people to trust her quicker than Bullseye which sucks for the target. Also her telekinesis, pyrokinesis and mind control allow her to have a much better chance at mass killing then Bullseye.

Not saying I'm right, just how things are written, also there's some funny storytelling to be told with Bullseye being extremely irritated at being number 4.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@irishlad: I'm surprised nobody complained about Zemo being Number 2. LOL

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@irishlad: fiar enough, though we haven't really seen her. Tis but a story and a number