Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Irishlad
No Caption Provided

PREVIOUS CHAPTERS HERE: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/#13/

-------------------------------------------------------

Empty Warehouse

No Caption Provided

A vicious monster roared from within the warehouse "ALL WILL PAY FOR THEIR SINS."

Katie latched on to the closest wall in hopes of protection as her previous moments flashed before her eyes she could only summarise the situation in one way.

This looks bad.

-------------------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

The Church Nearest to Deadpool's HQ, New York

No Caption Provided

Deadpool stood inside the confession box as Katie waited unquestionably outside. He pointed his gun through the spotted window as the priest recited off his lines before an abrupt pause as he noticed the gun.

"Why have you come here?" the priest politely asked.

Deadpool placed his gun to the side as he explained "I'm looking for some guy named Stan Carter he has a fetish for green, purple, abducting kids and saying the lines of the bible."

The priest's eyebrows seemingly wavered through the opaque window "And this is the first place you thought to come? even if I knew the information you seek a confession within this box is sacred. Unless..."

Wade leapt from his chair "Unless what? I kill all the other religions? that could be tough, I mean there's a lot...I think, the protestants should be easy I mean for the name they don't really protest all that much, I could put sunglasses on a few Wiccans but the Jedis could be tricky."

The priest's head arced towards an anxious Deadpool "Unless you answer a question I have. How do you do it?"

"Do what?" Deadpool replied.

The priest harckened in his response with disgust "Kill someone."

Deadpool shrugged as the priest continued "A man came here for twelve weeks every Sunday telling me about how he lost his family and that the criminals of New York had to pay, that they had to be punished. I could see more and more every week he was becoming less of the man he once was and despite it he continued to kill. How do you do it?"

Another awkward pause emerged inside the confession box as Deadpool analysed his simplistic answer "You aim the gun at the guy slash weapons of mass destruction slash evil moustache, if you can't...you close your eyes."

A saddening chuckle escaped the priest's mouth "I see...the heart doesn't feel what the heart can not see, you should be a poet."

The priest wrote down a list of names before shifting the window to the side and passing on the note "Stan Carter is a mad man, even more so than you, but these men will know where to find him, track down either one and they'll tell you what you need to know."

Katie's eyes glowed with glee as Deadpool exited the mysterious box.

The two spoke straight after the other in a flurry of words as they walked outside.

"You okay kid?"

"Yeah I'm okay, I always wanted a superhero team-up."

"I'm not a...never mind."

"Mr. Pool?"

"Yeah?"

"What's that paper in your hand?"

"Part of the mission, what's that journal in yours?"

"It's for research,those swords and that gun, have you ever...killed someone with them?"

"You ask a lot of questions for a kid."

"I have to."

"Why?"

"It's my job and I want to be like my favourite writer."

"That Twilight chick?"

"No, it's this new Daily Bugle writer, Mercy Liddle."

----------------------------------------------------------

And Then....

No Caption Provided

The two galloped in a panic on top of an apartment roof, loosely guarded by the upward windows and vent.

ONWARD! Deadpool's schizophrenic voices yelled in harmony.

"WAIT" Katie hoarsely shouted as the journal started to slip with her feet attempting to keep pace with the maniacal gunman dashing forward.

An arrow flicked and converted to a spark on the metallic surface surrounding the upward window.

"Not now Katie" Deadpool shouted back.

Katie groaned as her legs started to ache "Could I please use my powers now?"

Deadpool halted to a stop as he furiously explained "I don't care about your powers, there's a girl Hawkeye shooting arrows at my head and I'm out of bullets."

"But" Katie attempted.

"ACK" an arrow critically connected.

The arrow penetrated through Deadpool's trachea, he attempted to make sense of the blurs but eventually his mind shut down and gravity pulled him to the ground.

Katie looked around at the markings on the wall. The arrows were deadeningly precise, every second shot lunged into a vein or artery of Deadpool, the one's missed were the ones trying to avoid the girl.

Katie's knees fell to the ground as she counted up the eight arrows that opened up the floods of blood that poured from Deadpool's lifeless body.

She could feel the tears beginning to escape her eyes, it was normal to cry at a time like this but she was a girl with light speed and the anger of the Hulk with Hawkeye in her sights.

Hawkeye placed her hand on the little girl's shoulder "Are you okay? come on step away from the bad guy."

Katie held her stare on Deadpool "You killed my friend, my hero."

A yellow glow pulsed through the little girl's body.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

---------------------------------

Death, Home to Death

Death was an empty place.

A familiar cool breeze ran down Wade's spine as he picked himself up from the dank and bleak ground.

He had run out of fingers to count the number of times he saw death, some experiences were more brief than others, but this was a special occasion that came once every year.

"HONEYYY I'M HOOOOOME" Deadpool announced with enthusiasm that echoed across the empty horizon.

"Hello Wade" a hollow voice responded as it rose from the surface.

No Caption Provided

"We don't have much time" Death informed.

Deadpool rubbed his hands together with delight "I like a challenge, so what do I get? a dance? a kiss? a quickie?"

A genuine smile escaped Death's ghastly mouth "A warning."

Death continued as her fingers danced around Deadpool's chest "You may not realise it now, but you are at a crossroads between good...and evil and if you do not make your choice, you will face something far worse than me my love."

A light shone through the darkness to Death's surprise, streams of suggestions and thoughts came from Deadpool's voices before the static turned to white noise as she spoke "Time's up I'm afraid" a warm kiss from Death's cold lips soothed Deadpool's confusion as he returned.

-------------------------------------------

Empty Warehouse

Katie waddled into the unknown darkness of the warehouse.

She started to shake, she didn't mind the dark as long as there was someone next to her but there was no one there.

No Caption Provided

A vicious monster roared from within the warehouse "ALL WILL PAY FOR THEIR SINS"

No Caption Provided

Katie latched on to the closest wall in hopes of protection as her previous moments flashed before her eyes and she could only summarise the situation in one way.

This looks bad.

Katie glanced over at her brothers and sister tied up.

The man held Katie at gunpoint "You have returned little girl do you bring news of good or evil?"

Katie remained silent, in the hope that the man would leave her alone.

The man turned his gun towards her siblings in order to coax the information from Katie's half closed mouth "You should have heard the sins these three confessed to me, the amount of commandments they broke."

"YOU'RE LYING" Katie eventually mustered.

Sin Eater raised his chin in offence "I speak for God and God does not lie."

No Caption Provided

Katie began to scream at the monster of a man.

No Caption Provided

The little girl and the monster screamed for five minutes until eventually the three members were no longer tied up.

"What?" Sin Eater asked puzzled, Katie simply shrugged.

A terrifying poke emerged on Sin Eater's back as he saw the man known as Deadpool standing behind him.

"Katie." Deadpool spoke.

"Yeah?" she replied.

Deadpool placed his hand on his katana "Wait outside."

"Okay."

No Caption Provided

------------------------------------

Later at Deadpool's HQ

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Katie could hear the sizzling from the pan as Deadpool cooked his favourite food.

"What's on?" Katie inquired as she poked her head up to see what was cooking.

"You're back, what do you want?" Deadpool asked.

Katie flicked open her book and readied her pen "I wanted to ask you one last question for my journal."

Deadpool bit down on his chimichanga and muttered something that signalled for the girl to carry on.

Katie noted down Deadpool's favourite food as she continued "I noticed you talk to the voices in your head a lot, I do that sometimes too."

"Really?" Deadpool half wondered as he placed a piece of chimichanga on a plate for the girl.

"Mine is Rico, I got him from at a circus when I was really scared of the clowns but when I imagined my friend Rico, the clowns didn't scare me any more."

Deadpool nodded in approval "Clown's suck".

"Where do your voices come from?"

Oh.

The plate fell and crashed on to the ground as Deadpool's voices roared and rattled against his skull until eventually he fell into a trance.

He walked out of his headquarters with not a hint of emotion beneath his mask, nothing mattered, not the cars that swerved or the people who yelled as he walked on the road.

All that mattered was finding the man who would bring him back to where his voices began.

The time traveller Cable.

-------------------------

Want More Want Less?

COMMENT BELOW AND LET ME KNOW!

AND THANKS FOR READING...

Next Chapter: Goin' Back In Time

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@irishlad: Nice, felt different, don't know why but it did. One thing though- Need Tales of Asgard. I like DP but I love TOA. Nice Hawkeye cameo BTW

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese Tales of Asgard was on hold for a few reasons (mostly I wanted to see what happened with Thor in Bullseye xD), and I may or may not have wanted to get this chapter out in order to make way for a mini event that will be coming soon.

But TOA should be coming out over the next couple of days hopefully.

When you say different, different in a good way or a bad way? (I won't get offended either way tbh)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishlad: Oh definitely good. It felt endearing almost. The 'paper scraps' worked well. Also if you have time check out Deadly Foes.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@irishlad: I liked it! A few minor grammar/spacing queries for you.

Opening sentences: Deadpool stood inside the confession box as Katie waited unquestionably outside.

He pointed his gun through the spotted window as the priest recited off his lines before an abrupt pause as he noticed the gun.

That doesn't have to be two seperate lines, just add them togther and make it a paragraph.

A couple of the non captials inside speech bubbles agin.

Now: Punisher cameo from his early days maybe? Also loved the Uncle Buck reference with the questions between Katie & Deadpool...man he's gonna be p!ss@d when I kill her! I kid, I kid! :)

Also the journal paper worked really well.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Okay, phew haha thanks. Ill get reading on Deadpy Foes ASAP, I was saving it up since I wanted to read it all in one sitting so I'm looking forward to it.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@irishlad: Cool. Hopefully you'll enjoy it :-)

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thanks again for the grammar help, I'll get it right eventually xD and I'm glad you caught the reference. I was even gonna put a blunt hint of naming him Frank Chateau (castle in French) but that would spoil the reference I think. Also glad you liked it.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@irishlad

One tweak

Another awkward pause emerged inside the confession box as Deadpool analyzed his simplistic answer "You aim at the guy with the gun slash weapons of mass destruction slash evil mustache and you shoot, if you can't...you close your eyes."

This should read "You aim the gun at the guy slash weapons of mass destruction slash evil mustache" Just makes it read smoother. On to good notes. Like the diary excerpts, love the Mercy call out.

Please tell me this is a different Hawkeye and not a gender bent version.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Irishlad

@wildvine: Glad you liked it and thanks for the help. This Hawkeye is Kate Bishop which is ironic now that I think about it xD

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

2 fixes needed, same section that batkev' mentioned:

Deadpool stood inside the confession box as Katie waited unquestionably outside.

If there's "no question" that Katie waited outside, then "unquestionably" is the right word.

But... If Katie watied outside "without question," then the word is "unquestioningly."

He pointed his gun through the spotted window as the priest recited off his lines before an abrupt pause as he noticed the gun.

If Deadpool pointed his gun through a dirty window, or one decorated in leopard print, then "spotted" is the right word.

But...if the window was some kind of lattice design with holes in it, then the word you were looking for is probably "slotted."

Please keep calling me out for chapters. Added to my FF Long Box - Groups. :)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@irishlad: Deadpool nodded in approval "Clown's suck". Correct! Good chapter

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Awesome chapter!!! I loved the interaction between Deadpool and Katie and I can't wait to see Deadpool's encounter with Cable!