Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Irishlad

Chapter 1: Greetings Champion

A.N : I don't usually do these but in this case I'm going to make an exception.

This is the type of story that more or less scares away everyone on the opening so I probably shouldn't be posting it.

But since I wanted to try something new all I'll ask is you stick with it for a few chapters in order to get a glimpse at the full picture because it might not seem clear at first.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------

No Caption Provided

Jamie Madrox walked the quiet streets of New York with a reluctant stride.

You didn't have to be the most observant person in the world to realise that the noise of New York City screamed of money, power and crime every night between the blaring music, revving engines and gunfire.

Tonight however there was barely a screech of a tire.

Jamie thought it was both a pleasant and an unpleasant change of pace, he wasn't sure which way he more leaned towards but his hand started to jitter and flicker every now and then since he couldn't help but feel as though the quietness was the loudest scream of all.

RING RING

A local telephone box disrupted Jamie's worrying train of thought.

RING RING

His eyes quickly shot to an unusually coloured red telephone box that he had never seen before.

RING RING

He entered the telephone box and spoke slowly into the phone "Hello?"

"GREETINGS CHAMPION: INTUITION" an unknown figure playfully announced across the phone.

"Who is this?" Jamie questioned.

"I'M NOT GONNA PLAY UP ANY CREEPY SEMANTICS, I'M A FRIEND WHO DOESN'T WANT HIS NAME REVEALED UNTIL WE COME TO AN UNDERSTANDING. IWANT TO SAVE THE UNIVERSE" the figure explained.

"And how would you go about doing that?" Jamie asked in a mixed manner as he questioned why he was even entertaining the notion.

The figure's playful tone converted into a serious one as a hint of despair trickled across the phone's airwaves "A GRAVE AND TERRIBLE SHADOW HAS CREPT UP BEHIND THE BACKS OF THE AVENGERS AND THE X-MEN. AND BEFORE THEY OR EVEN WE HAVE A CHANCE TO FIGHT IT THE SHADOW WILL HAVE OUR FISTS IN THEIR HANDS. WHAT I PLAN ON DOING IS SIMPLE, I'M ASSEMBLING THE PERFECT TEAM IN EVERY CATEGORY, STARTING WITH YOU CHAMPION: INTUITION. WILL YOU HELP ME?"

Jamie's palm was almost implanted into his forehead at the randomness of the conversation, he let out a slight chuckle as his hand eventually fell to his side.

"Fine, where I can find you?" Jamie questioned as he played along.

"YOU AND THE FIVE OTHERS MUST FIRST PASS A TEST."

Jamie shook his head "Test? what test? and who are the five others?"

The phone Jamie was holding started to transform into a computer screen that started to morph down into a watch that latched itself across Jamie's wrist.

"G...get this off right now!" Jamie shouted.

The watch displayed a text.

No Caption Provided

----------------------------------

No Caption Provided

"So what your saying is you want me to help you save the universe?" Pixie questioned.

"YES" the mysterious figure over the phone replied.

"And you decided to ask me this in a creepy phone box?" Pixie questioned.

"YES" the mysterious figure over the phone replied.

"Are you Dr. Who?" Pixie questioned.

"WHO?" the mysterious figure over the phone questioned in return.

"Doctor...ugh, we are not doing this, I'll help, I guess" Pixie replied.

"THANK YOU"

The floor began to open underneath Pixie's feet and mechanical arms clamped on to her wings.

"HEY" Pixie shrieked as she was lifted up.

Pixie screamed as she was flung through the hole and down into a barren place at high velocity.

She attempted to fly upward but she was travelling at such a high speed that her wings were as useless as her screams.

"Ow" Pixie groaned as she eventually hit the ground.

She looked at her watch and questioned where she was.

Her lips started to tremble as she read what was on her watch and realised where she was.

"Oh I see...wait, WHY AM I BACK IN LIMBO?"

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

----------------------

No Caption Provided

Thomas Shepard otherwise known as Speed felt a chilling breeze sweep across his face.

His eyes slowly opened and closed before darting into a wide eyed expression that resulted in him dashing in a panicked circle in order to find out why he was lying on a cold hard ground "WHERE AM I AND WHY AM I IN MY SUIT?"

No Caption Provided

"You are on an uncharted planet and you are here to learn old friend" a robotic voice responded.

No Caption Provided

"Jonas? you brought me here?" Speed enquired.

Vision shook his head "No, not I, it was another one like you. A Champion"

Speed scratched his head "Champion?"

Vision nodded "There is a Champion who is hacking a select groups phone calls, schedules and computer information in order to ask a request of them in what I believe is a phone box for some unorthodox reason. He tried hacking you, but I intervened. "

"What does this other Champion want?"

Vision's neck rigidly turned towards the horizon "This planet has seen something tragic happen to it, I have seen it and I could tell you what happened here but I do not know the full story. However the other Champion believes if you run at the speed of light, you will understand."

"I can't run at the speed of light and this whole thing seems completely bonkers anyway, take me home Jonas" Speed dismissed.

Vision hovered up in the air "True, you can't yet, but the other Champion would like to show you that he can disable those limitations through a demonstration."

The empty planet turned into a rainbow land where trees were made of cotton candy and the river flowed with chocolate.

"You have got to be kidding me" Speed insisted.

Vision pointed towards the other side of the planet "Now that your limitation of aggression has been combated through a projection of relaxing scenery you must run. If you can not see what it is he wishes for you to see you will be brought home."

Speed looked towards his endless destination and ran as fast as he could, he ran, tore and pushed against his boundary of speed as hard as he could and eventually he crashed through it.

"Oh my God how the hell am I doing this?" Speed looked down towards his feet that were indecipherable.

"What's that?"

A voice crept into Speed's head as he ran.

"NO" the voice shouted into his eardrum.

"What is that voice? It's not mine" Speed commented to himself as he attempted to push on and find more.

"What is it? Where are the children?"

"THEY'RE GONE".

---------------

Want to know what the heck is going on?

Tune in next week to find out!

Want to let me know you liked/disliked it

Comment below for much appreciation!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By batkevin74

@irishlad: I only remember the Champions being Iceman, Ghost Rider and Hercules in the 70's so this is quite different...unless Ghost Rider is the mysterious voice!

Interesting mix of characters wrapped up in a mystery, let's see some more!

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Irishlad

@batkevin74: It's definitely a much more different team to the original however the inspiration and the original team's ties should become apparent in the next couple of chapters.

Thanks for the comment!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Seems like a pretty cool X-Men Lineup. Looking forward to seeing more... and you really like Jamie Madrox don't you?

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Not quite an X-Men lineup in fact Pixie will be the only one on the team that you could argue is an X-Man when everyone else is revealed.

Yup, he's my favourite character this is only the second time I've written him so it's about time I got around to writing him xD

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@irishlad

Now you should go read Silver Surfer issue 0.

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Will do when I'm done reading the other series I need to catch up on, thanks for the comment!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@irishlad: Ooh loving the eclectic lineup and that the title is brimming with mystery. Can't wait for the Thunderbolts to have someone else on the West Coast to interact with