Marvel Mayhem: Bullseye #13

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Rated MA, owned by Marvel/Disney

Bullseye sat on the ledge of an apartment block in Hell’s Kitchen looking at his Ipad. He scrolled through the Gamesmaster list of the top 30. Of the thirty there were only like six he considered viable threats, along with that chatty clown who had the top spot.

“I blow up a bridge. I kill at least four cops and dozens of innocent people. I maim and injure countless others. I kill not one but two superheroes…sure one was Canadian and the other a bug that nobody knew but even still. I put Rage and Thor, mother%$^# Thor the god of thunder, IN THE @$!^&*G hospital! And I’m fourth!” ranted Bullseye. “Then I engineer an escape worthy of Steve Mc^%$&Queen and I’m fourth! What the ^%$# did Wade do? Murder all the X-Men?”

{You got mail}

No Caption Provided

Bullseye looked at his device and opened the email.

{Shall we play a game?}

Bullseye smirked and typed back [Okay Joshua, how about Global Thermonuclear War?]

{The film War Games. 1983. Directed by John Badham. Starred Matthew Bro…}

[WHAT DO YOU WANT?]

{Peace and quiet. I am offering a bounty on a man called James Arthur Madrox. Seven million}

[$7??? LOL]

{That is a fair price}

[Then hire an idiot like Garrison Kane or Crossfire!!...AFK…back thought I saw DD]

{Name your price?}

[I’m fourth out of thirty…26!]

{If you kill James Madrox I will credit you $26 million}

Bullseye smiled [You bet your list making @$$ you will! Location?]

{For 26m you can find that information out yourself}

The Ipad started to fizzle and pop, Bullseye looked down and spotted a homeless man “You’re in the wrong place, at the wrong time buddy. Still you may make the news.” Bullseye aimed and threw the device like a frisbee, it glided straight and true. The sickening crunch echoed up making the lethal assassin smile.

“You animal!”

Bullseye looked up to see a man in green and purple leaping across the roof towards him. Lester couldn’t help but laugh.

No Caption Provided

“Who the hell are you?”

“I’m the Prowler!”

Bullseye began laughing “Seriously? The Prowler? I was hoping for ol’ hornhead or maybe even Spidey but not…what are you wearing anyway?”

Prowler landed gracefully “You’re going back to jail Bullseye”

Bullseye raised an eyebrow and the smile left his face. “Now, I was just going to knock you the %$^! out but now,” He drew his sai and gave it a twirl “I’m going to kill you, maybe throw your head into the Hell’s Kitchen police station with a note asking Daredevil to come out and play!”

Prowler fired a pneumatic blast at Bullseye who ducked under it and began closing the gap between them. Quickly Prowler dropped a smoke bomb, covering the area in a grey smoke.

“What are you a Hand reject?” said Bullseye “They’re always dropping smoke bombs.”

A purple taloned hand shot out of the obscuring mists tried to rake his face but by pure instinct Lester shot backwards. He lashed out with the sai but hit nothing.

“You’re dead!”

“And I thought you were in jail.”

“Funny story,” laughed Bullseye as he crouched and listened “I still am. But don’t tell anyone.”

A shadow glided past Bullseye’s left and he struck pining Prowler’s cape to the roof with his carbonadium sai. Prowler nearly clotheslined himself. Bullseye calmly walked through the fog.

“Any more kiddie tricks?”

“Just this!” Prowler fired a blast towards Bullseye’s face. Bullseye knocked the hand up, grabbed the wrist and pulled down as he punched upwards on the elbow snapping the limb like a twig. The scream echoed across the night.

“Was that window cleaner?” asked Bullseye as he licked his lips, tasting the cloud that had just been fired. “Are you like a crazy window washer?”

Prowler tried for a kick but now Bullseye disappeared into the cloud. Prowler used his pneumatic gauntlet to disperse the cloud as reefed his cape free his arm dangling uselessly by his side.

“Behind you”

Prowler yelped and tried to claw Bullseye but the strike was easily caught and the same result, arm broken at the elbow.

“Now what you gonna do?” scoffed Bullseye as he walked over and got his sai.

Prowler made a break for the roof ledge. Bullseye shook his head and hurled the sai catching him right in the spine just above the hips. Prowler’s legs turned to jelly as he activated the pneumatic jump jets in his boots, somersaulted and flew like a discarded ragdoll off the roof. Bullseye watched him spin and smash into the adjacent building and then plummet like a stone to the ground, right next to the dead hobo with an Ipad in his head.

No Caption Provided

“That sucks!” Bullseye said as he looked over the edge. “No fire escape.”

Bullseye got to the ground floor after taking the internal stairs and scratched his head “I wonder where he went?” he remarked, his eyes followed the blood trail out of the alley towards the street. Lying in a pool of blood was his sai.

“Good girl,” he said as he picked up the weapon and gave it a little kiss “Where did the dumb vigilante go?”

Bullseye rounded the corner and the blood trail ended at the kerb.

“^%$#!” Bullseye kicked a mailbox, denting it before returning to the alley.

Dr Imogen Janssen* drove as fast as she could as the Prowler lay near dead in her passenger seat. Her windshield was cracked and splattered with blood where she’d hit him when lurched into the street.

“Hang on!” she yelled as she held a hand on the wound on his back. He coughed and spluttered as he lay limply in the seat, blood leaking from his back as his arms dangled. She gunned it through a red light narrowly avoiding herself becoming a fatality as she grabbed her phone and wedged it under her chin.

“Where are you?...Elias are you at the hospital?...I need you at the hospital!...I’m bringing in…someone….I DON’T KNOW! He’s in a critical condition and if you’re not there when I get there he’ll probably die!”**

To be continued…

Notes:

* Dr Imogen Janssen (first name created by me in honour of Stuart Immonen who co-created her) http://marvel.wikia.com/Doctor_Janssen_%28Earth-616%29

** For the other half of the conversation you need to read New York’s Finest #10

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Ah poor Bullseye. He's not taking being forth on the list well. Loved the Prowler it seems nobody can stop him.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Bullseye watched him spin and smash into the adjacent building and then plummet like a stone to the ground, right next to the dead hobo with an Ipad in his head.

LOL! That made me laugh. Great stuff Bats.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By batkevin74

@tommythehitman: Glad you liked it. I try to kill people in interesting ways :)

@impurestcheese: No, not at all, especially when he knows he's number 1! I picked the Prowler coz he has lots of potential AND in an incontinuity story got paralyzed...in the MMU it was way more serious that psychological trauma preventing him from walking

@irishlad Your boys up! :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Interesting. I know somebody who would be looking for Bullseye.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Interesting. I know somebody who would be looking for Bullseye.

Who? The main reason Bullseye went so hard after Prowler is due to him reminding Bullseye he's "in jail". Can't have people blabbing

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: 'Underhill' the person behind the Raft breakout and Project 87

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Well so far nobody knows Bullseye is out yet...they will probably when someone at the Labyrinth realises that Bullseye has turned into a security guard in about a fortnight :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: There is one way to tell if he's the real thing. Something that the magic can't duplicate...talent.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#10 wildvine  Moderator

No idea who Prowler is (was?) but kinda feel bad for the guy after all that.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: The Prowler, is a Spider-Man ally used sporadically, I think he even had a mini series for a while. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time