Marvel Mayhem: Avengers Academy #1

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By YoungJustice

Didn't want to make it really long, just a quick introduction to Hazmat and Avengers Academy!

Chapter 1: Hazmat

At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst.

~Aristotle

Norman Osborn; he was the one that did this to me, to us. He offered to help me, little did I know, the son of a bit*h was just experimenting with “harmless” chemicals. At first my powers would only give people colds or the flu, but now...I...I can’t even go into the same vicinity as people without my suit or I’ll give them cancer!

Well you know what, I’m going to make him pay, and he’ll regret the day that he made me into this monster! I’ll give him all types of diseases, at first curable, then I’ll give him cancer. I’ll keep giving it to him even if he cures it! I’ll will try to kill him until I’m dead myself!

Before I kill him though, I’m going to make sure that he goes out with nothing. That’s right…I’m going to blow up Oscorp.

Oscorp HQ

You’d think that an evil cooperation would have superhuman security to guard the lower levels, you know, the ones with extremely flammable chemicals, but nope, just plain ol’ security; big mistake on their part.

It was easy for me to get into the secure levels, since Osborn had given me an all access keycard to the place; he said it was a “special gift” for participating in the experiments.

Before I even got to the level I was supposed to be on; the elevator stopped, assuming that Osborn had gave his staff a picture or something of me so that they could shoot on sight and had only gotten so far because I took my suit off, I mean…the people in this building were going to die soon anyway.

I quickly prepared a “death blast” in my hand before the door could open, but I depleted it as I saw a little girl walk into the elevator.

I was on the verge of almost crying when I realized something, “I don’t have my suit. This girl…she is going to die now. What have I done…?”

When I reached Sub-Level 4, I didn’t leave the elevator, sure; I was mad at Osborn, but who was I to kill innocent people. F*ck, I sound like my mother.

That was the last thing I thought before my life flashed before my eye. First, the lights in the elevator turned off. Then, a blue shield surrounded me. Finally, a yellow vortex appeared below me and sucked me into it.

When I returned to reality, I was back in my suit and being offered a glass of water from Tigra. Believe it or not, she was a lot furrier in person.

Tigra smiled and greeted me, “Good to see you’re woke. You bumped your head when you came here through the dimensional door.”

I drunk some water and shook my head to get going again, “So, why am I here exactly?

Tigra looked like was conflicted on what tell me, but I didn’t think anything of it, “Well, after you incident with Osborn you caught our attention. After seeing that you walked into Oscorp without you suit on and killed a few guards…we were concerned. We want to help you use your powers for good, not bad. We want you to be a part of the golden age of heroes!”

I could see right through her, she looked like she was only doing this because she was assigned to, I bet if she was offered to do this on her day off she would have declined, “Yeah, because giving people cancer is a great power.”

Tigra giggled, making me quite disturbed as I was talking about making people terminally ill, “Think you can’t use your powers for good? Get in line.” She turned away and looked behind me.

I looked and saw 3 more people, I only recognized one. Reptil I think his name was, the other two were unknowns. One had red metal like skin while the other looked like a normal girl in a costume with a baton.

Tigra put her hand on my shoulder and looked at me, “Meet Avengers Academy”

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@youngjustice: Is Hazmat your character or an existing? Either way his powerset has so excellent possibilities, nice intro though I was initially confused about the "reality"

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By YoungJustice

@youngjustice: Is Hazmat your character or an existing? Either way his powerset has so excellent possibilities, nice intro though I was initially confused about the "reality"

Existing, she's known for being the defiant one of Avengers Academy.

Character Page

If referring to this line "When I returned to reality, I was back in my suit and being offered a glass of water from Tigra. Believe it or not, she was a lot furrier in person."

It was just saying that she was out of her clouded mind of just getting vengeance.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@youngjustice: Good start :) Osborn seems nice, giving full access :P hehe

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@youngjustice: Sorry dude, I totally missed this.

So the Avengers are cool with someone going on suicide missions killing people but only if it's in virtual reality? :)

Interesting set up

Irishlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Irishlad

I read this first day and never commented sorry about that. A sign of a good writer to me is when they make me like a character more than I do in the comics which you could very well do for almost all of the characters in Avengers Academy if you keep up your great writing. Only nitpick I could give you is I wanted to see a longer chapter but it's only an introduction so it kinda invalidates it. Can't wait for chapter 2

Jnr6Lil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The whole Osborn thing reminds me of the Lex Luthor Everyman Project

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: @jnr6lil: @irishlad: Thanks for the feedback.

@youngjustice: Sorry dude, I totally missed this.

So the Avengers are cool with someone going on suicide missions killing people but only if it's in virtual reality? :)

Interesting set up

Ah, I see I have confused another with that line.

It wasn't supposed to be taken literally, more of that she just stopped being so bent on rage against Osborn. It was real.

The Avengers have to accept that these kids are going act evil due to their experiences, they have to mold them into heroes, which is their main focus.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Avengers have to accept that these kids are going act evil due to their experiences, they have to mold them into heroes, which is their main focus.

That's a big, scary call by the Avengers...but at least they are doing their killing in VR as opposed to reality. And they are newbies after all, Captain America was A-grade from the get go, it took a while to settle into the role. When's number 2?

YoungJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@youngjustice said:

That's a big, scary call by the Avengers...but at least they are doing their killing in VR as opposed to reality. And they are newbies after all, Captain America was A-grade from the get go, it took a while to settle into the role. When's number 2?

Soon, very soon :D

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@youngjustice Really great. However how come the Avengers' are fine with Hazmat just killing people?! Hypocrites... Unless I'm just an idiot and missed something.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By batkevin74
Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome chapter!! I don't read Avengers Academy in general, but this chapter makes me want to check the series out!