ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: Avengers #5 – Occulum Infernum

For more Marvel Mayhem head to http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-library-1459473/#4

Last Issue Captain America was able to gather a rag tag team of heroes to fight the legion of super thugs gathered by the Hood to protect the ascension of Black Heart Son of Satan. Ten years later in the future things have taken a turn for the worse as Poseidon appeared to succumb to the necromantic magic of the Hooded Haunt whilst the Avengers fought the Frightful Five in an attempt to stop the resurrection of old foe the Grim Reaper.

21st March 2013 - Copps Cemetery, Boston

"Brace for Impact." Falcon yelled as the streak of light intercepted the Quinn Jet's left wing causing the turbine to detonate and send the plane into a decaying spiral towards the grave yard.

"How did they know we were here?" Stingray asked as he blasted open the emergency escape hatch and darted out into the dark sky followed by Yellowjacket. Looking down he saw a wave of saw blades streak up from the ground as Whirlwind rose to intercept the pair and join the Living Laser in the attack on the Quinn Jet.

"I don't know." Tony answered as he cut Falcon free from the pilot chair before looking back to where Captain America was perched on the edge of the jet defecting shots as Flying Tiger opened fire on the star spangled avenger with a pair of handguns, the shots ricocheting off Steve's shield and into the Quinn Jet's fuselage.

No Caption Provided

"I take no pleasure in doing this Captain." Flying Tiger growled as he backed off and pulled a grenade off of his belt.

"Then don't Tiger. We were Invaders in the past, soldiers rallied behind the flag to fight with honour. How could you stoop so low to become a common thug?" Captain America asked as Flying Tiger flung the grenade into the remaining turbine engine and darted off.

"Because they pay better." Flying Tiger snarled as the grenade exploded, the force ripping the wing off and sending Captain America flying out of the jet.

"Steve." Falcon cried as he fired a pair of blasters into the cockpit's canopy as Whirlwind started to cut through the hardened Perspex, the energy surge knocking the villain off temporarily before diving after his falling team mate.

"Falcon watch your six." Stingray bellowed as he discharged a set of electro-bolts into the Mauler before disengaging just as the villain opened fire with the pair of 30mm canons under-slung beneath the arms of his suit. Turning Falcon had enough time to see the Living Laser accelerate towards him before streaking through his wings and sending him falling to the ground.

"Finish it Mauler." Whirlwind snarled as he surged towards Yellowjacket, the diminutive woman flapping hard to stay ahead of the change in wind pressure.

No Caption Provided

"With pleasure." Mauler croaked before disengaging a whole salvo of rockets into the Quinn Jet, the aircraft detonating and sending Iron Man flailing to the ground, his repulsors damaged by the explosion leaving and unable to keep him aloft.

"Damm it!" Stingray yelled as he discharged another pair of shots into the Living Laser, the energy surge causing the villain to pop and scatter before reforming. "Yellowjacket stay close." He added as he saw his team-mate fly past stinging the Mauler's boosters and knocking the villain out of the sky.

"I'd worry about yourself." Flying Tiger growled as he soared up behind Stingray and jammed a stun baton into the suit, the energy surge causing the wing mechanism to stall and send the Avenger hurtling down to the loamy ground of the cemetery.

"Avengers ready yourself." Captain America announced as the villains encircled them. "Pick your targets and get ready."

"Ready for what?" The Absorbing Man grunted as his skin rippled and took on the composition of the surrounding headstones. "Like you really have a chance heroes. You're outnumbered and outgunned."

No Caption Provided

"Avengers right." The Living Laser added as Falcon looked up into the sky and smiled. "More like the League of Losers. You don't even have a Hulk or a Thor or whatever all I see is some soon to be bloody costumes for me to sell on E-Bay" As he finished his form flickered before a beam of light lanced down from the clouds and struck the Laser, the force shattering into dancing photons as a bird headed figure clutching a long handled scalloped axe emerged, his naked torso heavily muscled and almost imposing as his staring yellow eyes.

"I am Horus, Son of Osirus and God of Rightful Vengeance." The new arrival boomed, the force of his voice causing the earth to shake. "Those gathered in my name Assemble."

25th June 2023 - Avengers Cemetery, Baton Rouge, Louisiana

Repulsors blasts scorched the headstones of several former heroes and villains as Iron Man opened fire on his former allies whilst in the sky Lady M chased down Falcon and Yellowjacket. With a flaring of his wings Falcon reversed and dropped back turning the table on his team-mate and opening fire with ion tipped darts, the projectiles exploding around her in massive blue thunderheads that caused the very air to burn indigo around the points of impact.

No Caption Provided

"Falcon you have seniority." Power Man called up as blocked a swing by Iron Man's sword, the blade glowing as the heated edge attempted to cut through his skin. "Yeah you know the line, unbreakable and all that s$!t." He snorted before punching the out of control suit of armour in the face plate with a glowing fist. "And an Iron Fist to match."

"Sam help." Yellowjacket screamed as Monet accelerated towards her and swallowed her in a single large gulp.

"Too bad heroes." Prometheus boomed as he charged up his shoulder mounted mortars. "If you had stayed away this could have been prevented."

"I'm sick of people like you thinking that being a hero is a dying career." Falcon barked back as he looped round and fired another wave of Ion Darts at Prometheus, the thunderheads bouncing off the armoured villain to no avail.

No Caption Provided

"Falcon land." Atomic Star ordered. "And the rest of you brace yourselves." He added as his body glowed vivid green before releasing a wave of energy across the cemetery that blacked out all electronic equipment including the Prometheus and Iron Man armours. Collapsing to the floor wheezing Chen Lu looked up to see Lady M shake her head before turning to face Prometheus.

"You Emplate scum." She hissed. "If I wouldn't let my brother control me why would I let you get away with it." She snarled as she coughed up a bedraggled looking Yellowjacket

"Hit him now." Chen wheezed, "He's about to power up again." He added as Power Man and Lady M surged forward and smashed the front hatch of the inert Prometheus suit, buckling the armour plating before toppling the suit, a tiny tear in the side visible.

"No Brass your killing her." Overrider yelled from inside his armour, oblivious to Yellowjacket squeezing in through the tear and firing a stinger blast into his 'palm mouth' before re-emerging seconds before Overrider broke free his whole body glowing gold. "Brass talk to me." He cried at the suit before collapsing under a blow from Monet, his hands flailing madly revealing the proto teeth and mouth sealing up as the gold aura dissipated.

No Caption Provided

"What the hell?" Monet asked as she nudged the now unconscious Overrider with her foot.

"I fired an enhanced vaccine into this blood stream, one developed by Richard Cale to revert Thralls who hadn't supped back to their original forms." Yellowjacket stated. "And you may want to get your tonsils checked out I kind of burnt them when you tried to eat me."

"You forgive me?" Monet asked as she helped Chen to his feet.

"It's what Avengers do, your not really a member of the team until a villains takes control of your body and makes you attack the rest of the team." Yellowjacket answered.

"Uh thanks Monet." Chen groaned, "I'm glad that worked I'm almost out of surplus radiation."

"Well we're not finished yet." Falcon stated coldly, "We still have the rest of them to deal with."

"What about Iron Man?" Power Man asked, "Should we reboot him?"

No Caption Provided

"She I mean he will be back online in seconds." Chen stated.

"She?" Yellowjacket asked, "Who the hell is in there these days?"

"He meant he." Iron Man announced as he got to his feet and rotated the joints, freeing up his arms and legs. "And Falcon is right, we're not done yet."

21st March 2013 - Copps Cemetery, Boston

"Whoa Mauler your really mad tonight." Iron Man joked as he fired a wave of mini missiles at the armoured foe only to see the villain supercharged the shoulder mounted laser and shoot down all the projectiles before opening fire on Stingray, the veteran avenger taking a large percentage of shots in the chest. "Walter you want a breather or are you fine to continue?" He asked as he slammed his fist into the left laser canon before firing a repulsor blast into the armour.

"I may be old but this suit is new and it can stand that at least once." Stingray answered as he dodged a swipe from the Constrictor before slipping under the thug's guard and tossing him against a tree. "Plus you never forget how to deal with guys like this no matter how long you're out of the game." He added as Yellowjacket circled the Absorbing Man's head and fired shot after shot into his stone dome whilst the villain lashed out at Horus.

No Caption Provided

"So the new guy." Tony asked Falcon as he tackled Flying Tiger in mid leap. "Who is he and how do you know him?"

"A few months ago I broke up a reunion of the Beatles in Ethiopia. Not the band just old suits belonging to MACH IV. I had no problem with the Mk 1, Mk 2 and MACH I armour but that last one is built like a tank and there was no way Redwing and I were getting in." Falcon explained as Redwing flew past Madame Masque after Whirlwind's revolving body. "That's when the locals took me to a monk living in the highlands, one who was the avatar of the Prince of Heliopolis. I explained what I was doing and he rose and knocked the guy around like he was nothing."

"Egyptian Gods?" Captain America asked as he blocked Warrior Woman's shield rattling punches, "I knew the name was familiar, when I was in Tripoli the Avengers and I were aided by Sobek, the lord of the Nile against U-Man and his Atlantean Terrorists."

"Aye my brother still tells tale of that day." Horus announced as he calmly blocked blows from the Absorbing Man before elbowing Constrictor in the back of head as he lashed out at Stingray. "My feats are not sung about readily but I am well versed in bringing such rotten villains to justice. I have faced monstrosities such as my aunt Nephytes, The Emerald Scarab, the hordes of the Djinn and aided Thor and Hercules in the capture of the Falcon of Acheron."

"Thor and Hercules never mentioned you." Yellowjacket buzzed as she flitted over to Whirlwind and stabbed a glowing fist into his right eye, the pain causing him to howl in rage.

No Caption Provided

"I learnt humility in the deserts from the craftsman Path." Horus told her. "His forge work created the Axe of Vengeance and with it I can settle the deadliest of battles with a single swipe." He added as he swung his axe into the Absorbing Man before releasing a golden pulse across the head, the shear heat burning the stone armour off of the felon's skin.

"You can't do that I'm the Absorbing Man." The fiend snorted before absorbing the axe's metal compound and turning a gleaming copper colour. "And now I'm the Axe of Vengeance." Horus smiled before leaping over the Absorbing Man and slamming into Flying Tiger, the force knocking the former Invader to the ground and tearing his wing suit. "Huh coward." He bellowed as Stingray fired an Electro-Bolt into his arm and fired the suit's tasers, the blast causing the Absorbing Man to spasm to the floor and absorb the grave dirt before collapsing into non-offensive soil.

"You are preoccupied Captain." Warrior Woman hissed as she grabbed the shield and tried to lever it away from its owner. "Defensive why? When last we fought you proved to be a skilled fighter, one I admired and could have loved if not for your blind idealism."

"Say's the Nazi." Falcon hissed as ran between the Mauler and Constrictor, the latter lashing out and shorting out the armoured villain. "But seriously Cap she has a point, you don't seem like yourself."

"The Hood." Captain America stated as he punched Warrior Woman in the gut before wrenching his shield back and smashing her round the face. "These villains are beyond the type he can muster, someone else is behind this gathering and the raising of Black Heart."

"Well when we catch Robbins we'll ask him who his paymaster is." Iron Man announced as he and Horus surrounded Whirlwind. "Could use some of that Axe of Vengeance stuff right now."

No Caption Provided

"You presume to command me Tony Stark. To command all who stand here yet it was the monstrosity summoned by the necromancer's witchcraft that brought these Avengers here to you. That and their respect for the Captain" Horus stated as he reached into the revolving green tornado and grabbed Whirlwind by the neck causing him to stop, his feet kicking and dangling.

"You can't stop the Whirlwind." The captured villain gasped.

"Oh shut up Windy Miller." Iron Man spat as he fired a stun gas at the villain. "We can play follow the leader later, for now we have problems to deal with."

"And your problems are just beginning Avenger." The Hood announced as he fired pistol shots down at the crowd of heroes. "In mere minutes Blackheart and his demon horde will walk again."

"We will stop you Robbins." Captain America snarled as he blocked a follow up blow from Warrior Woman not realising that Flying Tiger was standing behind him with a handgun levelled at his head.

"Captain behind you." Madame Masque yelled before shooting Flying Tiger in the shoulder sending him stumbling into the pit.

No Caption Provided

"Masque a traitor?" Warrior Woman stuttered as Flying Tiger got to his feet and begun to climb up the walls of the pit only for his hands and feet to wrinkle, the skin shredding as he let out a bloodcurdling scream, one that didn't end when his skeleton shattered on the bottom of the pit. Shuddering the bones were clothed in the dark shadows already loose in the hole, their form solidifying into a cruel and familiar demonic visage.

"He is free." The Hood gasped as the Avengers and remaining villains stopped fighting to look at the new arrival. "The Son of Satan now walks on our soil. Now is the end of days."

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@impurestcheese Nicely done. Good to know we have a vaccine in the future for thralls. Makes me wonder, however, what prompted Richard Cale to have to develop it in the future.

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

*bump*

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Is Osiris yours or a Marvel you've updated?

This bit: "Then don't Tiger. We were Invaders in the past, soldiers rallied behind the flag to fight with honour. How could you stoop so low to become a common thug?" Captain America asked as Flying Tiger flung the grenade into the remaining turbine engine and darted off.

"Because they pay better." Flying Tiger snarled as the grenade exploded, the force ripping the wing off and sending Captain America flying out of the jet.

Reads like a comic book, very good. Now I have noticed your lack of exlamation points! Like almost zero. "Falcon watch your six." Stingray bellowed kinda needs one, "Those gathered in my name Assemble." same with this bold statement

Still the present stuff is great, the future I've now kinda skim read it due to lack of interest honestly.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Horus is a Z-Lister who has been bumped up the lists like the Hooded Haunt. Thanks for the comments, the future Avengers may get one more outing. It's a shame I had a lot of good plans for the team but it seems nobody likes them.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@impurestcheese: I for one want to see the mystery of the new Iron Man. Plus what is connecting their events to modern day.

Also, Horus is brilliant new addition, every Avengers team should have a god! :P

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maccyd: Thanks. By the way congrats on your victory.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Bumped

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#10 wildvine  Moderator

@impurestcheese

Well, "it" has officially hit the fan. Can't wait for the next chapter.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@wildvine: That dam fan. It only gets worse from here on in. Just wait till you meet the Futures Mightiest Heroes.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers