Previous Chapters:

MARVEL MAYHEM: Astonishing X-Men #1

MARVEL MAYHEM: Astonishing X-Men #2

MARVEL MAYHEM: Astonishing X-Men #3

MARVEL MAYHEM: Astonishing X-Men #4

MARVEL MAYHEM: Astonishing X-Men #5

Also ties in with:MARVEL MAYHEM - Generation X/Thunderbolts

Chapter 6: Kruun’s Escape!

Kruun continued sitting on his bench, blood flowing freely through his teeth as his mind was occupied with terrifying thoughts on how he was going to murder Gladiator in cold blood.Suddenly, a strange sound came from the wall on Kruun’s left and he immediately turned his heard towards the sound.

“Kree? Shi’ar? Badoon?”

“WHAT?”

“The earthen language.You should lower your voice,” the strange voice replied.

“WHO DARES SPEAK SO RUDELY TOWARDS ME?!” Kruun screamed and he scrambled towards the wall searching for the voice that spoke to him. “WHO?!”

No Caption Provided

“I am called Zargot and from the sound of your threatening tone, it seems that you wish to escape this prison as much as I do,” the voice replied.

Kruun then examined the wall as he considered his options on whether or not he wanted to charge through it and kill the arrogant prisoner in the next cell.

“Are you still alive over there?” asked Zargot slyly.

“DON’T TRY MY PATIENCE YOU INSIGNIFICANT FOOL!” screamed Kruun.Then he asked more calmly, “Now explain yourself.”

Zargot paused for a moment and then said, “Years ago, I tried to take over the Shi’ar Empire.But, the Imperial Guards caught me and I had been a prisoner here ever since. They are transporting me from one of their penal planets, to be judged by the Empress for a…”

“I do not care about your pathetic tale of woe!I only care about getting my vengeance against this pathetic planet and its inhabitants!” Kruun snarled as he spat on the floor to show his disgust.

The cells went silent and Zargot then spoke up, “I may have a plan that will help us escape.When we land, the Imperial Guards will come to our cells and chain us up together.If you follow my lead, I will help you get your vengeance against this planet!”

Kruun briefly smiled at the plan, but then he said harshly, “You expect me to trust you?If this plan does succeed, how will I know that you will not stab me in the back once we escape?”

Zargot smiled wickedly and said, “Because we both want to see the Shi’ar Empire fall.I have plans to topple their empire and you want vengeance against them for treating you like filth.I could use someone like you to make this all possible.”

Kruun then sat back down on his bench and said, “Well, it seems like you have plenty of time to explain about how using my potential will help us take over the Shi’ar Empire.So start convincing me.”

Meanwhile back on Earth,

No Caption Provided

Back at the Xavier Institute, the X-Men were inside the Danger Room, checking on the new system that they had installed.

“Alright!I think everything’s in order now!Let’s see what this system can do!” Hank said excitedly.

“I can’t believe you did all this while I was gone Hank!” said Kitty smiling.

“Would you care to do the honors, Kitty?” said Hank.

“It would be my pleasure Hank,” said Kitty and she pressed the large red button on the control system.

The Danger Room then roared to life as various machines moved about, ready for any training exercise conjured up by the X-Men.

“Impressive job Hank!” complimented Piotr.

“Now the students will have an appropriate environment to practice their powers in,” said Ororo brightly.

“I gotta hand it to ya Hank, now I can give the kids some real hardcore training in this room,” said Logan.

“Why Logan, that’s the first nicest thing you have ever said!” said Hank surprised.

“Yeah, don’t get used to it,” grumbled Logan.

Suddenly, Scott ran into the Danger Room, a worried look on his face. “Guys!We got trouble!”

“What is it Scott?” asked Ororo.

“I just got a call from Emma and it seems that most of the mutants from her school are heading towards a place called the Triangle at the north side of the quarantine zone due to some radiation that happened in Seattle,” said Scott.

No Caption Provided

“Radiation?!Do you think it had something to do with that ULTIMATUM group?” asked Kitty concerned.

“Probably, but one thing’s for sure, we can’t let something like this get out of hand or we’ll be losing some innocent mutant students in the process,” said Scott.

“Then we must protect these students at all costs!” exclaimed Piotr.

“My point exactly.Alright, X-Men; GEAR UP!” Scott said.

The X-Men then quickly ran towards the locker room and started dressing up in their uniforms.But while their current goal is to save the lives of the mutant students at the Triangle, they knew little about an upcoming battle that was taking place somewhere else.

Meanwhile…

No Caption Provided

The ship landed and the Imperial guards marched down the hallway, prepared to take the prisoners off to one of the planets, so they could be judged for their crimes.As the guards approached Kruun’s cell, the former Powerlord of the Breakworld looked up and had an unsettling sneer on his face.

“On your knees, Criminal!” one of the guards barked at Kruun as he opened the door to his cell.

Kruun slowly rose up and the other guard shackled him and then pulled him to his feet.

“You are to stand trial in the presence of her majesty, EMPRESS LILANDRA!” one of the guards barked out.

The Imperial Guards then pushed Kruun into the corridor where two more guards stood on either side of Zargot. Zargot then looked up and nodded slowly at Kruun as the guards started to chain them together.Suddenly, Kruun slammed his head into one of the guards’ head and the guard slumped to the ground, knocked out cold.Then, Kruun turned around quickly and kicked the other guard into the electric walls of the cell, frying him into a charred lump.Then, Zargot took out a small sharp knife from his pocket and he slashed the neck of one of the guards with such speed and grace, that the guard immediately fell to the floor dead, his blood seeping onto the floor. The last of the guards tried to make a grab for his radio to contact Lilandra, but Kruun kicked him in the chest, sending the guard into the electric walls of the cell and suffering the same fate as the other guard.

Zargot looked at the guards’ bodies on the floor and smiled wickedly as he unlocked his shackles.

“You fight well for someone who doesn’t have any arms.But, if we are to take over the Shi’ar Empire, then you must have both arms to get the job done.With my expertise in technology, I will build you new arms that will give you more power.Now, let’s be on our way before they realize that we have escaped,” said Zargot.

Kruun looked at the small Skrull with a scowl and then said, “Then let’s go.”

And with that, the former Powerlord and the Skrull escaped.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Awesome!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@rabbitearsblog: Kruun's up to no good in space, seems a mega X-Men-Thunderbolts crossover is happening next, good job

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lykopis

Things are getting heated -- great addition to your story, thank you!

jatoe48er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jatoe48er

@rabbitearsblog: awesome, your stories ring home my love for Claremont/Whedon's xmen stories. I love that your story is not just grounded to earth and opens up endless possibilities.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Something Xciting is about to happen although I have heard nothing about the X-Men arriving in Seattle and well I have a bad feeling.

RichGenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nor have I, although that phone call could work with something I'm planning for the future.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

Awesome!

Thanks!!

@rabbitearsblog: Kruun's up to no good in space, seems a mega X-Men-Thunderbolts crossover is happening next, good job

Thanks!!! I'm glad you liked it! Actually, I was thinking about a crossover with the Thunderbolts and Generation X!

@lykopis said:

Things are getting heated -- great addition to your story, thank you!

Thanks!!

@rabbitearsblog: awesome, your stories ring home my love for Claremont/Whedon's xmen stories. I love that your story is not just grounded to earth and opens up endless possibilities.

Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying these stories! I just loved the Claremont/Whedon era of the X-Men!

Something Xciting is about to happen although I have heard nothing about the X-Men arriving in Seattle and well I have a bad feeling.

Maybe a thunderbolts crossover?

@richgenx said:

Nor have I, although that phone call could work with something I'm planning for the future.

I think we can work into that! :D

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers