Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Marvel Mayhem: American Tyrant #9

Want more Marvel Mayhem? Check it out at the Library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out HERE

Small Barn in Boulder, Colorado - 13:44PM, 29 days after the arrest of the Chameleon

“The evils of men are plain to see.” A strong female voice announced as a row of women tied to the chairs they were sitting on was forced to watch the images of torture and terror on the screen before them. “Men are foul beings who care little about others and act only to destroy.” The speaker announced as she turned off the screen and stepped into view to reveal a tall dark haired woman dressed in a black mini dress and high heels. “Who do you pledge your support to?”

“You Madame Superia!!” The women screamed causing Superia to smile before walking down the line and stopping in front of a red headed woman struggling to cover herself up.

“You, you were a little slow in responding. Tell me who do you hate?” Superia asked.

No Caption Provided

“You Madame Superia.” The red head grunted before daring to look into her captor’s eyes and shooting her a cheeky smile. “But to give you credit some of those images you showed were very realistic. It would fool most people at a glance, not me obviously but that’s not your fault.” She added before being silenced with a painful slap.

“Name now!!” Superia snarled as she got her hand ready to attack the woman again.

“Ares.” The woman replied. With a screech Superia went for another attack only to be restrained. Turning she saw the God of War behind her, his hand clamped around her arm before being lifted off the ground.

“Don’t touch me you filth!!” Superia hissed as she squirmed to get free only for Ares to slam her face first into the floor of the barn.

“We’re not here for you.” The woman tied to the chair stated as she slipped out of the knots. “You may want to look into a knot tying class Dr. Wentworth. Now you got an invite in your inbox. Give it to us and we let you continue with rebuilding your Femizons.” She added as Ares threw Superia into the screen, glass shattering around her. “Refuse and you get to see Ares’s ‘little girl’ in action.” She added as the god of war in question removed a 23mm auto cannon off of the strap on his back.

“Hippolyta hasn’t had a chance to shoot anyone since we last visited Kuwait; as such she’s a little thirsty for blood.” Ares stated as Superia got to her feet, hands raised walked over to a bag by the door and removed a laptop. Hesitantly walking over the agent watched the doctor sign in and then press the forward button before handing her the laptop, the agent sending the message to the new address.

“Thank you,” The SHIELD agent told Superia before she and Ares left the barn. “Have a nice day.” She added as she walked through the field of black clad agents, their chests emblazoned with the letters DSCPC flanked by a giant pair of robotic drones painted black and yellow. “She’s all yours.” She told the amassed troops before walking to the shuttle docked outside the fire zone. “Julliet this is Verity, we are Oscar Mike with the letters intact. Tell Fury that we scratched another one off of the list.”

“I will when he gets back.” Mockingbird announced over the radio.

“Where is he?” Verity asked as Ares slipped into the pilot seat as the barn erupted in gunfire.

“The same place he is every Thursday Afternoon.” Mockingbird announced.

Offices of the Night Nurse, New York - 13:52PM

Nick Fury sat at the bedside of the bald headed man as he watched the blue furred mutant known as Beast and a woman dressed in a nurse’s uniform bicker with a man dressed in red with a black hooded cape over his head. It wasn’t long before he’d had enough of the bickering.

“Doctors please just tell me about the Chameleon’s condition.”

No Caption Provided

“In all respect Cornel Fury there has been no change since out last meeting.” Beast stated as he handed Fury a very familiar medical chart with his foot. “The problem isn’t due to a poison or any physical injuries. In fact nothing is wrong with his body at all.”

“So why is he in a coma?!” Nick growled as he threw the chart at the comatose patient. “He did something to himself in the Oval Office and I want to know what.”

“Well as much as I hate to agree with Doctor McCoy.” The hooded man announced. “It does appear that the Chameleon has nothing wrong with him, at least physically. There is something however, it’s what caused the argument.”

“Do explain Doctor Druid.” Fury stated, anguish at the edge of his voice.

“Well there is something akin to a radio signal beaming something from a local source into his brain. And well I can pick it up the information flow with magic I can rule it out as the active source.” Doctor Druid announced. “The source is shielded to my powers at the moment.”

“That suggests someone came to see him, planted something in this room.” Fury stated glaring at the Night Nurse, her hands planted on her hips in a not so subtle sign of disgust at being accused of any crime let alone this one.

“May I remind you Nicholas; that my clientele consists of heroes. Not the type of person who would be in league with the Chameleon.” The Night Nurse spat.

“I still want a list of everyone who came into this clinic over the last week.” Fury told her before heading for the door. “I’ll see you next week.” He added before stalking past the man waiting for him in the atrium. “What is it Dugan?” Fury snarled as the pair of them got into a Pontiac parked outside the building.

No Caption Provided

“Well your little caterpillars cleared another organisation off the list and found another email about the auction in five days.” Dugan stated as he took the wheel before handing Nick the file he had been carrying under his arm. “And this came in from the Germans.”

“Is it urgent?” Fury asked as he read the name on the outside of the file.

“They found the Red Skull last night.” Dugan stated as Fury opened the file and looked at the attached photos of the dead body, the skin grey and shrivelled to match the bullet embedded in his head. “They found something cut into his skin.” He added as Fury found the appropriate photo and shook his head.

“So you eventually resurfaced, but why? Just to kill the competition? Or was this part of your plan?” Fury mused as he slid the file under the seat. “Looks like we picked up the trail again, let’s make sure we stay on it this time.” He told Dugan as the Pontiac took off and headed west out of the city.

AIM Base, Baton Rouge - 11:34PM

The man in the trench-coat carried the shrouded figure into the mausoleum and tapped the candleholder with his foot, the sound causing a hole to form in the wall, energy coursing across the fissure accompanied by the sound of a hundred voices screaming at once. Ignoring the sound the man stepped through and into a mist shrouded graveyard, the portal closing behind him.

“State your business.” A man dressed in the yellow ‘beekeeper’ uniform of an AIM agent asked, his skull like face visible behind the visor.

“I’m here to see your master.” The man replied coldly, his voice causing the agent to collapse into a pile of bones and yellow ragged shreds of clothing. Heading down the main row of headstones, each one supporting the remains of an AIM agent at the base the man stood at the foot of a dais complete with a throne and a man dressed in black, his pale face shining even in the gloom.

“Ah so who seeks to gain the wisdom of Baron Samadhi?” The man in the chair asked as he got to his feet and held out his arms in welcome.

“I have no name for you.” The man answered as he gently placed the body down on the floor. “Only this corpse and the traditional payment.” He added as he removed the sheet to reveal a candle dripping with honey sticking out of the corpse’s mouth.

No Caption Provided

“Hmm.” Baron Samadhi sighed as he took a deep breath and sniffed the air. “So no-named man what is it that you want from me.”

“This woman has information that she refused to share with me when she was alive.” The mysterious man announced. “I was hoping she would be more forthcoming with it now then when her heart beat.”

“One question.” Baron Samadhi stated as he pointed a long bony finger at the man. “That is all you paid for.” He added as four AIM plain clothes female agents dressed in long skirts and blouses splattered with grave dirt emerged from behind the throne, their faces painted a ghostly white and their eyes replaced with cowry shells. Together they picked up the body and took it behind the throne and dais. “They prepare her body now, she will speak but you must be clear on what you ask.”

“I understand.” The man answered as the women remerged, the two in front carrying candles whilst the two behind helped the formally deceased body shuffle forward.

“Say her name, get her attention.” Baron Samadhi ordered as he moved behind the woman and placed his hands on her shoulders.

“Bloodtide.” The man hissed causing the woman, her face painted white over the usual blue skin moved her head slowly to look at him, her eyes replaced with shells and her body dressed in a corset stained with Atlantean blood. “Where are the other members of the Frightful Four who killed the daughter of Reed Richards and Susan Storm?”

“Where most are I did not know.” Bloodtide answered in a screeching voice that sounded like the screams of drowning men. “But one hides beyond the border in Cancun. What his knowledge is I can’t tell you.” She added before collapsing into a pile of bones and mummified flesh.

“Your answer?” Baron Samadhi asked in a mocking, almost cruel tone. “For one who wears a face so kind with a brain so smart you failed to ask for the one thing that would make many so happy you single minded brute. It would save you when the one who summoned you from your dimension realises that you are dangerous.”

“And why would he do that? So far the idiot, despite his claims of intelligence, has failed to grasp that I conceived this entire thing.” The man in the trenchcoat announced. “I was a tyrant in my world, and I will be a tyrant in this one. But for now there is one last thing.” He added as he dropped a dozen small balls, their shells cracking open and splashing liquid all over the dais.

“What is this?!” Baron Samadhi roared, his voice causing the man’s bones to ache under the sheer power radiating from his words.

“Just a little protection spell, one made from salt and water I got from a street peddler to deal with voodoo spirits.” The man announced as Samadhi stepped in the liquid only to recoil, his foot on fire. With angry eyes he watched as the man retreated back to the entrance, the deceased AIM agents kept at bay by rivers of salt as the portal opened again.

“Hear my words Reed Richards, death will come to you again!!” Samadhi bellowed as the man elongated his body and slithered out into the real world. “You will pay in both blood and tears for crossing the Lord of the Dead!!!”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wow. Awesome sauce. ^_^

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese:

It only gets better (hopefully) from here on in

Oh, I know it will.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Ostyo
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@impurestcheese: Psh, you wish. :P Good read btw. You should tag me for this from now on, I demand it. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Don't know what happened. I commented on this a couple days ago and it didn't seem to stick.

I loved the sudden turn-about Superia suffers. Fun, fierce stuff. I don't know the characters in the AIM section as well, so I hope you teach me about them as you go.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wim_garnet: Yeah posts not appearing are quite common now. And you'll get to learn about the good Baron quite soon

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Dr Druid....Dr Anthony Druid not his fat son? Coz he was for a time an excellent character before they didn't know what to do with him and then made him a joke and killed him!

My only issue with this issue is again you've got 50,000 characters all the time.

Onto 10

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Oh sorry, most are background characters with mild importance to the story. And yes the actual Doctor Druid, I felt he was deserving of an apperance, mostly because I love the character though