Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

Present Day- New York City

"I'm the best there is at what I do but what I do best don't smell very nice."

The large man standing at the bar, known as Big Gary, boasted to anyone who would listen about how great he was as a plumber.

Logan sat at the end of the bar, smiling to himself as he watched the big man make an ass of himself. He had gotten drunk with Gary several times and knew him to be a bit rowdy. One time he had to put the big man in his place when he tried messing with the ol Canuck's fluffy hair. A solid punch to the gut ended that nonsense.

Logan took a swig of Canadian Rye whiskey.

1972- Saigon

Team X had been given one black ops mission- kill Red Mist Company. A rogue group of American deserters, they roamed the countryside burning down villages and massacring the people. The American military leaders wanted Red Mist brought in alive, if possible.

Logan looked at the picture of his target- a blonde man wearing glasses, Captain Richard 'Red' Wire.

Team X had followed the trail of destruction to a small village on the outskirts of Saigon. Red Mist had ravaged the village, killing the men and keeping the women as prisoners.

Team X had the village surrounded. Logan signaled to Victor Creed to attack. The big man stood up and began firing his M-60 at the village. The rest of Team X shot up the village with machine guns and fired grenade launchers at Red Mist, slaughtering the deserters.

"Frack this!" yelled Victor in a savage voice as he dropped the M-60 and ran towards the village. He began tearing apart the ex-soldiers with his bare hands.

"Creed. Stop!" yelled Logan, but the big man ignored him.

Captain 'Red' Wire ran out of a hut carrying a young, Vietnamese girl as a hostage. Logan was the only one to spot him.

"Damn it!" he yelled as he popped his claws and ran toward Red as he jumped in a jeep.

James Dolsen stumbled up to Logan. "[burp] ssh.. who arre yooo shtipposed tuh be? Howard the Duck?"

Logan stared at James, who laughed and farted. "Well I'm Jimmy Dolshen. Sshoooperman'sh pal."

James arched forward and puked on the ground. Getting a little puke on Logan's cowboy boot.

"Bub, I've told you before to watch what you drink."

Usually Logan wouldn't put up with that behavior but Logan liked James. He felt sorry for the kid, who had seen so many insane things in his life that it drove him to drink. A lot.

Just like Logan.

He took a swig of whiskey.

1972- Saigon

Logan carried the young Vietnamese girl away from the jeep. He had blood on his hands. The jeeps window was crashed in. Blood dripped out of the driver's side door.

He carried the girl back to the village. Victor stood over the bodies of Red Mist as fire raged through the village.

"Hey runt. Did you kill Red?" he asked.

"Yeah." Logan replied.

"Why'd you bring the girl back?" Victor asked.

"Her mother is here." Logan answered.

"Now that Red Mist is dead, we need to get rid of anyone who's seen them." Victor said.

"Kill the girl. I'll take care of the rest."

Logan put the girl down on the ground. He popped his claws and looked the girl dead in the eyes.

"Run. Find your mother and run." he said in his best Vietnamese.

He stood up and turned to face Victor Creed.

Logan lost count of all the beer and whiskey he drank. He smiled as he looked at the bars patrons. Men and women. Drunken fools he often had good times with.

This was his favorite way to celebrate his birthday.

He took a swig of whiskey.

A savage voice came from behind him.

"Happy birthday, runt."

to be continued..

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for monarch_chronicle
Monarch_Chronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@stumpy49er: probably doesnt even remember how old he is at this point! anyway good issue, nothing wrong with Canadian Rye for a celebration!

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monarch_chronicle: Thanks.

Yeah, I'm not sure how he would even remember his birthday but it's been mentioned that Sabretooth usually visits him on his birthday.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ooh! Very nice stuff! It's fun seeing Wolverine engage in some shady black ops stuff, and the twist with Sabretooth was great! Bring us more!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@stumpy49er: Hmm intresting there seems to be a lot of ways that this story could turn

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#7  Edited By cbishop

@stumpy49er: Liked it, except for this: Red Mist is roaming the country, burning down villages and slaughtering the villagers, so Team X's mission is to stop Red Mist...and then slaughter the villagers? :/

Edit: Not to mention, if their mission is to kill anyone that's seen Red X, then their mission is to go back to all the other villages Red Mist has been through, and slaughter the survivors as well? Nah...

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By stumpy49er

@cbishop: It's Sabretooth, so..

plus there's more to it. Also, Red Mist didn't leave survivors in previous villages.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cbishop

@stumpy49er: Still doesn't make sense that they'd stop people from slaughtering villagers with slaughtering villagers as part of their mission. I'll still read the next one, but that bit doesn't jibe. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@stumpy49er: Good, though you could combine some of these into paragraphs, possibly its a format issue. I do agree with

@cbishop said:

@stumpy49er: Still doesn't make sense that they'd stop people from slaughtering villagers with slaughtering villagers as part of their mission

Stop them from killing but then kill everyone who's seen them is...well it's kinda the logic the US army would use because they're the US army :) Carry on

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Good, though you could combine some of these into paragraphs, possibly its a format issue. I do agree with

@cbishop said:

@stumpy49er: Still doesn't make sense that they'd stop people from slaughtering villagers with slaughtering villagers as part of their mission

Stop them from killing but then kill everyone who's seen them is...well it's kinda the logic the US army would use because they're the US army :) Carry on

You've been watching too many movies.