Marvel Knights: Underworld #2

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1 batkevin74  Online

“Is that all?” Hammerhead asked as he looked down on Johnny Rugalinni as he lay in the back of the unregistered taxi.

“I swear on my life!” panted the very ashen faced man trying to stem the blood from his knees. “We were trying to kill him for you and he killed Leon and said…”

Hammerhead held up his hand, not interested in a repeat. The now cybernetic gangster turned to his boss, the man known as Mr Negative. The black and purple photonegative crime lord stroked his chin.

“Send him to the hospital,” Negative said.

“What?” Hammerhead remarked before remembering that he wasn’t in charge anymore since Negative ‘fixed’ him.

“If we kill every employee because something goes wrong then we will have nobody working for us,” Chin said. “Take him to the hospital.”

Hammerhead grit his teeth, clenched his fists and exhaled through his nose. “Yes…”

“Yes, what?”

Hammerhead resisted the urge beat the man who was now his boss to death with the wounded man. But since Mr Negative had rebuilt him after Underworld put an adamantium bullet in him, and also put an electroshock chip inside his skull, he had little choice but to follow orders like a grunt. It was quite humiliating for a man who once ran a crew to rival the Kingpin.

“Yes sir,”

“Oh great!” moaned the woman standing next to Underworld as Mister X; the shirtless mutant assassin, strode into the room like he owned it. “Well I’m out!”

“Why?” Jackie turned to her.

“Because as soon as powered clowns like him turn up the games over! Us normal people aint got a chance.”

“What makes you think I’m normal?” He said with a wry smile.

“Thought it was too good to be true that the tall handsome guy in shades was human.” She smiled and headed for the cocktail table. Jackie knew she was right though. Sixty million dollar mystery bounties tended to bring everyone out of the woodwork. Which is why you had Batroc chatting to Kangaroo; Foreigner and Spymaster comparing guns, Razorfist and The Harvester trying to outdo each other near the fruit bowl while The Shocker stood with his arms crossed trying to look tough amongst all the Hand members, AIM grunts and Maggia wannabes.

So far the really dangerous ones and the really crazy ones hadn’t even shown yet. Probably as there was another event going on uptown, which was both good and bad for business. Meant there was a lot of money in the city tonight.

“May I have your attention!” a voice bellowed from above. They all looked up to see a large minotaur standing on a platform above them. Jackie lowered his shades to make sure his eyes weren’t playing tricks on him. Yup it was a minotaur alright.

“Thank you all for coming.” It said in a surprising voice that wasn’t gruff or bovine; a rich Transatlantic tone. “I will be brief as this many killers in one spot will draw attention that we could all do without. I am offering sixty million dollars to the person who brings me her head…” He pointed to the wall and an image of She-Hulk appeared on it. “Jennifer Walters, aka She-Hulk. Currently involved in several law cases that I would rather she wasn’t.”

Underworld watched as Batroc slunk away quickly followed by Shocker. He was tempted to follow suit because sure sixty million would mean never working ever again; the ramifications of killing someone so high profile would bring volcanic heat. AND the fact she was Hulk’s girlfriend or sister or something and that giant green bastard once punched Thor in orbit. But he watched as Razorfist, Spymaster and Mister X all took great interest in the minotaur's pitch.

“What do you think?” the woman asked Underworld as he grabbed a bottle of water off the table.

“I think you talk too much,” Jackie replied.

“I think you’re the Punisher,” she replied which made the immediate vicinity go silent and focus on them. Slowly he put his water down and stepped back.

“What’s the problem?” asked Razorfist as he sauntered over.

“Beat it handy,” Jackie sneered.

The woman sniggered which irked Razorfist more than the insult. “We’re all good here.”

Razorfist glared at Jackie who stepped forward and right into the red assassins face. “I said beat it!”

“Talk to m…”

Jackie lashed out grabbing his throat and flipping him like a pancake onto the drinks table sending glass and booze everywhere. Razorfist started to stand as Underworld’s gun poked into the top of his head.

“I hate repeating myself,” he said. “Maybe because you’re one of them handicaps is the reason I don’t spray your brains across the floor.”

“Okay people!” yelled the woman. “Show is over! Come on, let’s go.” And she ushered Jackie out the door and into the night.

“Don’t do that ever again,” he warned her as he holstered his hand cannon.

“What? Call you the Punisher or have you pick a fight with a handless ninja?” she smirked. “Pretty much everything in there was your fault.”

Jackie shook his head in frustration, a hand fishing into his pocket to get his pills.

“Names Cheesecake,”

“Didn’t ask, don’t care,” replied Underworld as he walked off into the night.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#2  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: lol, I love that he keeps getting mistaken for the Punisher. <in best Homer Simpson voice> "It's funny because it's true."

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 batkevin74  Online

@cbishop: I always loved the "you're that guy!" jokes and such in a super person universe because seriously quite a lot look alike

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Someone needs to start to call him Deathstroke, but get gak'd just before finishing the name. His history is completely Deathstroke. :)

Edit: I know it's Marvel and all, but they probably have DC cartoons in their world. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@batkevin74: Is the Minotaur the same one who is CEO of Roxxon? I'll make sure to mention this convocation of assassins next Outlaws Issue.

PS the link worked

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'll have to include a reference to Underworld in the Punisher at some point...

Great issue, not much action however that's not a bad thing. You gave interesting deals on some of the crime lords and I completely forgot about Mister Negative. You made me laugh several times and that's never a bad thing.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 batkevin74  Online

@cbishop: ha ha might try that

@tommythehitman: Underworld is probably bigger than Frank but at first glance it's like "why is the Punisher wearing sunnies?" And more than likely our two guys are on a collision course at some point

@impurestcheese: Yup it's the Roxxon billionaire bullman who wants She-Hulk dead for a reason that may or may not be expanded

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By stumpy49er

@batkevin74: I liked Hammerhead and Mister Negative in this. Really an all around good villain issue. The Shocker trying to look tough around all the Hand members had me cracking up.

I still keep thinking how Underworld reminds me of Marv and seems like the baddest man in th room. I do think that'll change if he ever does meet Punisher.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I still keep thinking how Underworld reminds me of Marv and seems like the baddest man in th room. I do think that'll change if he ever does meet Punisher.

I kind of thought of Marv too, but in my mind, his voice isn't as gravelly as Marv's. :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Same. He's definitely a similar archetype to Marv. Man... Imagine if the Punisher went to Sin City.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Nothing should ever cross over with Sin City, but...yeah, that would be brutal.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had to research this guy after issue one. Surprised I've never heard of him before. Liking him so far.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Same. He's definitely a similar archetype to Marv. Man... Imagine if the Punisher went to Sin City.

That would rule!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 batkevin74  Online

@tommythehitman: Frank In Sin...hmmm

@cbishop said:

@tommythehitman: Nothing should ever cross over with Sin City, but...yeah, that would be brutal.

It's a weird cool idea though...

@guardiandevil83:I'd never heard of him until I googled him honestly. He's one of the many disposable villains created every month, some who get repeat viewing

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 batkevin74  Online

Bumped