Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Marvel Knights: The Outlaws #2

Missed Last Issue? Check it out here

Masison de le Main Morte, Somewhere in Connecticut

The taxi cab pulled to a stop outside the gates blocking the entry to the private road, rain and wind buffeting the tiny speck of yellow in an otherwise dismal landscapes of grey and brown. Picking up his duffel bag Keith Kraft AKA the Ringer gingerly opened the door, a rain coat pulled over his head and costume, before going to the boot of the car and removing a second bag, one that jangled as he picked it up.

“Hey buddy how much do I owe you?” He asked the taxi-driver, as he walked up to the driver’s window, only to see the man shift the stick into gear and drive off as fast as he could. Shrugging his shoulders, Kraft walked up to the gate and looked down the straight mile long drive as the house, it’s five turrets looking like diseased fingers sticking out of the main building. “Jeez this place is creepy.” He muttered, as he looked up at the security camera covertly hidden in the mouth of one of the gargoyles perched on the arch containing the gates. “Hope this security code I was given works.” He added, as he removed a scrap of paper from his coat and punched the thirteen digit code into the keypad. Seconds later the gates creaked open allowing him access, with Keith taking his first step onto the estate. “Kind of wish the driver had stuck around, a car would beat walking.” He moaned, as he headed for the house.

After what seemed like an age Kraft reached the front door, his coat soaked through although the thermal rings in his armour had managed to save his costume for being drenched. Knocking on the door, Kraft saw something move to the left and slightly behind and spun round, his fists balled ready for a fight if the unseen watched attempted to ambush him, as the figure stepped forward to reveal rows of red scales, fish like jaws and fins that framed the creatures head.

“Mister Kraft?” The watcher hissed in a wet rattling voice.

“Depends whose asking?” Kraft answered, his eyes wandering from the figure to the bag laying on the porch.

“My name is Piranha, I was told to expect you. I’m certain that you would like to get out of this weather, give me a moment while I find the keys.” Piranha announced, as she walked up to the door before removing a long bronze key from the tactical hard case strapped to her thigh. Placing the key in the lock she stepped back and picked up Kraft’s bags, the door de-materialising to reveal a tiled atrium decorated with suits of armour and lit by an ornate chandelier.

“Well that’s one slick magic trick, but I didn’t come here to see that. I was contacted by a man called ‘Argent’, said that he had work for me that would pit me against the Consortium.” Kraft announced as he stepped inside. “Is he up, I want to talk to him.”

“Don’t we all.” Piranha answered, as she led the way into a hallway. “Argent is our patron, he supplies us our equipment and even this house on the condition that we keep an eye on the Consortium. None of us have ever met him face to face, and while the Trapster tried to track one of his messages, he lost the feed somewhere in Symkaria.” She added, as the pair reached a set of stairs and headed up to the second floor. “A word of warning, this house has an evil past. It was apparently the home to a French gentleman whose former residence was destroyed by the British. In anger he cried out that he would give anything to have a castle whose walls could never be breached. Later that night he came across a vagabond who told him he knew of such a castle, the noble asked to see it, and that if this impregnable castle existed, he would be indebted to the beggar. No sooner had he made the request the vagabond produced a dagger and cut the noble’s hands off, throwing one to the roadside where is transformed from flesh and blood to stone and mortar into such a castle as the gentleman had requested.”

“Sounds like c**k and bull to me.” Kraft muttered, as Piranha opened a door and smiled a predatory grin.

“The interesting bit is yet to come.” Piranha announced. “The vagabond vanished in a puff of smoke with the other hand. Legend states that the other hand was turned into an identical fortress connected to this one outside of time and space, and that the beggar still occasionally walks this house’s halls. This is you by the way, breakfast is at half seven, sweet dreams fleshy mammal.” She hissed, as she walked out the room, the door closing behind her.

Baintronics Tower, New York City

The six members of the consortium sat around the round table, the central holographic emitter showing footage from the destruction of the Enclave’s facility in Los Angeles. As the footage played, profiles of the super-criminal agents attacking the facility.

“So it appears we have a growing problem that needs to be dealt with before it comes and bites us in the fat juicy rump.” Mentallo stated, as a pair of scantily clad women caressed his cheeks. “Any ideas cats and kittens?”

“Termination would probably be the best course of action.” Sidewinder stated. “Unfortunately we’ve never been able to track these outlaws back to their lair.” He added as Sunset Bain typed something into the console that controlled the holographic projector.

“We may have an opportunity in play.” Bain stated, as footage of a meeting of well know underworld figures appeared on screen. “One of our agents has eyes on Batroc the Leaper as we speak. I have already taken the liberty to instruct Mr Schultz to track his movements when he leaves the meeting. I just need your input in putting together a strike team should Batroc’s compatriots turn up.”

“I’m pretty sure I can rustle up a few names at short notice.” The Hood stated as he brought up a series of profiles on the holographic projector. “They should provide enough fire-power to deal with the problem permanently.”

Masison de le Main Morte, Somewhere in Connecticut

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” The electronic masked voice announced, “I see that Misour Batroc is calling from a separate location.”

“Oui Argent, I would be back at base but I am being tailed by a consortium agent.” Batroc announced, as he took a sip out of his coffee as he sat in the internet café in down-town Manhattan. “At the moment it is just ze Shocker,” He added, as he cast a look over at the man in the corner wearing a trench coat and fedora over his costume, “he hasn’t being very stealthy but who knows how many more agents are following me.”

“Noted.” The computerised voice stated. “Luckily we can deal with two problems in a single gesture. About two weeks ago the Headhunter and Mentallo bought the deed for an outlet mall in New Jersey, one they closed for renovation. Construction crews have been visiting intermittently, often at night, often offloading materials but never doing any work. I think that it could use a visit.”

“Any ideas on security Argent?” The Trapster asked.

“A few low level criminals dressed up as guards and a pipeline back to Baintronics Security Hub.” Argent answered. “I’ve already experimented with taking the electronic safeguards offline and I have no doubt that the five…”

“Six.” Kraft coughed.

“…six of you can handle them and the Shocker.” Argent stated. “From there we can withdraw without the Consortium following you. Good luck all of you.” He added as Argent signed off.

Meadow Grove Outlet Mall, New Jersey

The armoured Jeep ground to a stop in the mall carpark, next to the security office. Disembarking from their vehicle the five villains entered the office, and looked on at the unconscious guards lying on the sofa, not to mention Batroc reclining against the water cooler.

“You are late mon amis.” He stated with a mischievous look on his face. “Misour Argent has already turned off the alarm sensors and I have dealt with the physical security.”

“What about Shocker?” Pit Viper asked, as Unicorn squatted down next to the unconscious guards.

“No sign of him in the last forty five minutes. That in itself is a worry since he was on my tail the entire journey.” Batroc answered. “But where are my manners, welcome to our little family Misour Kraft, I am sorry that I was not there to greet you personally, as well as our condolences on the death of your fiancé and child.” He added, the Ringer nodding in respect of the people he had lost. “But now we have work to do. Partner up and keep in contact, the Consortium could have additional agents hidden away in this facility.” He finished, as the team of villains stepped out of the security office, only to find several super-criminals standing in the parking lot ready and waiting for them.

“Or maybe they are already here.” The Trapster hissed under his breath as he took stock of the assembled foes standing before him and his team-mates. “Any ideas?”

“Yes.” Batroc stated, as he took a step forward. “This is my fault, run to ze facility while I cover you.” He ordered, as he leapt at the nearest villain, the speed and ferocity of his attack catching everyone off guard, especially the woman dressed in green armed with a machete. “Go mon amis!” Batroc yelled, as the opposing villains sprung into action, their targets already running. With a heaty chuckle Batroc was on the move again, jumping over the charging villains as they closed in on him, before zeroing in on a target. “Misour Blizzard, you seem to be lacking confidence.” Batroc mused, as he kicked the thug in the chest, a blast of ice lancing up and flash freezing the Night Flier as he dive-bombed the French mercenary.

“Oh god I didn’t mean to…”Blizzard stammered, as Batroc sprung off his chest and slammed into the Mad Dog, the force of the impact sending them both sprawling. Recovering quickly Batroc felt something metal wrap around his neck, as Gladiatrix pinned him to her body with a long handled axe, just as Mad Dog scrambled to his feet.

“Mon cheri, do you mind taking this?” Batroc asked, as Mad Dog threw a punch, the blow smashing into Gladiatrix’s chest as Batroc squirmed out of her grip. Rolling away from the two villains he got ready to leap into the fray only for a segmented tail to snake out and jab him with a stinger in the back. “Scorpia?” Batroc groaned, as he saw the tail’s owner. “At least me friends…are…are safe.” He sighed before falling unconscious, the venom on the tail’s stinger quickly taking effect.

The remaining five villains sprinted through the outlet mall as a horde of super-criminals pursued them. Reaching the centre the ‘outlaw villains’ came to a halt as the revolving form of Whirlwind came flying towards them, his fists raining blow after blow on the Unicorn before throwing him into the fountain. Desperation setting in the outnumbered villains went on the offensive, taking the fight to their foes despite being out numbered and out matched.

“Well this is great.” The Trapster sighed, as he glued the Spear to the side of a derelict store. “We need to break out of here and fast!!”

“It’s not like we aren’t…ugh…trying!!” Piranha hissed as she went hand to hand with Tiger Shark, only to be struck in the back as Shocker reappeared from his hiding spot inside the mall.

“The car!!” Pit Viper yelled, as she cracked her whip at the snarling slobbering form of the Lizard, a stinging red scar slashed across his scaly snout. “Batroc must have got to the car, he can use the on-board weaponry to…” She stopped as the Jeep opened fire on her position, thick knock out gas washing over her and the Trapster, the pair of them quickly falling to the floor.

“Good work Overdrive!!” Whirlwind yelled at the man sitting at the steering wheel, as he joined a bruised and bloody Tiger Shark in the attack on Piranha, their co-ordinated attack finally bringing the fish-woman to her knees, leaving the Ringer the last man standing. “You should have taken the Hood’s offer idiot!!” He snarled as the Ringer wrapped an explosive projectile around the Living Totem, the ring detonating with enough force to cut his target in half. “Honestly Ringer,” Whirlwind snorted as Mad Dog came running in and tackled Kraft to the floor. “How did you think this was going to end?”

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AdmiralLogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Even though the Consortium is a badass name. And the Hood and Lizard are awesome. I'm still team Outlaw! This was awesome, rarely in comics do we get villain wars. Sure, it happens, but not as much as hero on hero.

Batroc is a boss and nearly took it! Keep it up.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@impurestcheese: nice and slightly tied into Underworld 2 with Batroc and Shocker.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@impurestcheese: the estate is an actual place in Marvel or you made it up yourself?

Ive always liked Shocker

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Purely awesome. Marvels version of the Secret Six and Villain United during Infinite Crisis. (cant believe it's almost been a decade since that came out)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@admirallogic: Cool, hope you enjoy it

@guardiandevil83: Batroc gets massively underated because he is French, and because he looses against Captain America. Thing is those aren't reasons to suggest the character is bad at what he does.

@batkevin74: Thanks for giving me an opportunity to set up

@boschepg: The estate is an OC. As for Shocker, well he's one of my favourite characters to

@stumpy49er: I know it seems much older than that, I am pretty much stealing the idea from Simone, although some divergence is coming up.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Very nice Cheese! You've assembled quite an ensemble of amazing, underused villains. It's nice seeing classic villains like the Trapster and Pirhanna getting some love. Very good issue with the paragraph about the Enclave being my favourite, largely due to the use of Mentallo.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Mentallo is always a joy to write, he's my favourite part of the Consortium as well. As for the cast, it was quite enjoyable to find the characters and give our six 'protagonists' reasons not to be members. Expect more Pit Viper info next issue, as well as the Trapster gaining a level in bad-assness

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: IT'S THE TRAPSTER!! - Pretty much the characters beserk button

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: IT'S THE TRAPSTER!! - Pretty much the characters beserk button

Used the same thing/taunt in New Yroks Finest when Code Blue trapped him in the car park :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers