Marvel: Iron-Age - X-Faction

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AweSam

I'm writing about a group of mutants (Chase Evans "Surge", Alyssa Taylor "Farsight", Drake Sullivan "Ghost", Tank, and Lillian "Lily" Harper) who live in the "Iron-Age". They have no families and are constantly being hunted down. They use their powers to help survivors and sabotage the Iron Army's military bases and factories. I wrote the prologue in like 2 minutes, so it's not one of my favorite works. Tell me what you guys think of it so far.

My name’s Chase Evans and I’m a mutant. For years the world was at war with an army of high-tech iron soldiers. I was born in one of the last remaining cities that wasn’t under their control. When I turned five, I realized I wasn’t normal. I found that I had the ability to make contact with electricity without any harmful effects. As the years past, my powers began peaking. I was able to not only manipulate electricity, but project it using electric currents. When I turned 18, the Iron Army attacked. My father went to help hold them off while everyone else escaped. I wanted to fight, but my mother told me I had to flee. She told me that I was a person with an extraordinary power and that I should use it to help the world. I watched as my home and family burned to the ground. But I wasn’t alone. Another mutant named Alyssa Taylor made it out alive. She had the power to see great distances. While we traveled, we met a young mutant named Drake Sullivan. He was like us, but he had to the ability to become intangible. He called himself Ghost. We also met another mutant who went by the name “Tank”. He had the ability to cover his body with any hard surface he came into contact with. Together we became the X-faction. Hunted like rats, we travel around the world helping survivors and sabotaging the Iron Army’s factories and military bases. The battle seems hopeless, but as long as we survive, we’ll fight.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#2  Edited By The Impersonator

Nice chapter! Even though it's short, it's consistent and detailed. I also liked the title, X-Faction. It makes sense since it's a separate faction that the mutants are fighting for their rebel cause. I can't wait to see what happens next.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

@The Impersonator: Thanks a lot. It's just a prologue, so it's not meant to be long. I'll write the actual first chapter and post when I can. Thanks again for the feedback.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#4  Edited By The Impersonator

@AweSam: You're welcome! :)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I like it and like Imp say's X Faction is a good name, it fit's there purpose.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam

@spiderbat87: Thanks a lot. Since they're mutants, I went the traditional "X" in the group name.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@AweSam said:

@spiderbat87: Thanks a lot. Since they're mutants, I went the traditional "X" in the group name.

no problem 
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By batkevin74

@AweSam: Can I have my guy Distain cross paths with your quartet?

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AweSam

@batkevin74: Sure. what were you thinking?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By batkevin74

@AweSam: I'm going to use your characters names in a general alert in my story if that's okay